GameChangers Event #1 Upon Us Soon

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Nov 27, 2016.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,039 / 113 / -852
    All of us received noticed that EA was looking to hold another even come December that we were invited to. From my experience last season, this event tends to be a "show and tell" along with a "priority vs desire" event. They normally lay the cards on the table for us to review on what their goals and plans are for the future game and we sit back and determine what the community in general will feel about the entire situation.

It also gives us time to give our feed back and add requests as to what the community feels is required moving forward. As always, I'd like to give you guys a heads up as to what ideas I'd like to bring to the table, then take some feed back on what you all want to add

#1 Server Related Issues

• I have no formal training or any idea how to fix what is going on, but the #1 issue and complaint I've heard has to be server side related issues. I am going to get @Tris10 to run some numbers for me, to look at the OCR and maybe see how many games used partial screenshots(lag-out) compared to what we have seen in past seasons. It will give me some numbers to go to EA with in regards to lagouts we as a community are seeing.
    • No idea on a short term or longer term fix, but definitely an issue I'd like to address.
    #2 Game Play Related Issues
    • Some of the auto animations are a bit much. It forces you into situations where you don't ever want to be in! I'd like the ability to get out of them, or tune them way way down, or simply allow them to have less of an influence on your guy and the game.
    • Locked up in a shooting animation needs to go.
    • Missed one timers needs to go.
    • Missing the puck alone the boards on a simple pass needs to go.
    • "Ping Pong" hockey in the crease and in front of the net needs to go.
    • Acceleration needs a bump.
    • Situations where a forward catches a DMAN flat foot at the blue need to allow be better forward separation.
    • The animation off the faceoff where your DMAN cradles the puck and you get stuck leading to an auto turnover needs to go.
    • Goalies need more love in the sense of covering the puck. Add more forgiveness, I'd like to see less shitty bounce around pucks in from of the goalie to allow for more control.
    • Deflections needs to be tune down a bit more.
    • Puck pick ups in certain areas are way better and others are just odd. I think some of the auto animations needs to be adjusted to allow for better pick ups.
    • Call more goalie interference or incidental contact on the goalie.
    • Slight adjustment to make pokes better from the front of the player and less good from behind the skater.
    • Goalies in general could use way more love for 18, and even more love for 17 if a tuner comes out.
    #3 EASHL
    • Adjustable height and weight for within a limit for each present build allowing for a bit more customization feel. Attributes would slightly adjust as well based on height and weight, and ensure the height and weight attribute factors count and matter
    • Minor attribute changes based on the current build numbers
    • Better match making for club challenge and club in general.
    • Add stability to club challenge to eliminate the issue where sometimes players don't make it into the lobby.
    • Perhaps allow for a "best of 3-5-7-" in the club challenge where games just roll into one another.
    • Add practice mode back to EASHL.
    • Add the ability to toggle "home" and "away" in the SAME screen whereby the PIN is entered in to better support the LGHL.
    • Correct ALL the stat issues with the "Player Summary Screen"
    • Add additional stats to the player summary screen
    • Add the ability for game stats to be emailed to LG, or add a stats system API allowing for better stats support on LG.
    • Add something to something for a more competitive experience
    • Make some adjustments to Drop In for easier and better match making and bring back something to allow for a better social atmosphere like what Lobbies was for us.
    • Add some vintage hockey gear, no helmet option, etc to the customization
    • Personal endurance meter added so you know how much hustle you have left.
    • Animations to better support playing the puck in your feet. Example would be on a bad pass where its in your feet maybe you would kick it up to yourself, or try and direct the puck in a forward direction.
    #4 HUT
    • Card rarity seems way off this game. The market isn't what it was.
    • Minor menu adjustments like the ability to multi select from "collection" to send multi cards to a certain set for Hero Players.
    • Add additional hero's per team, requiring you to collect the exact team more than once.
    • Add more options to the trading post.
    • More sets
    • Something competitive to play for (Kody wants to see the winter classic for free again)
    • Rink customization
    • Jersey customization
    • Ability to change your team name
    • "Best Lines" option
    #5 Offline
    • More depth in Be A Pro and Franchise Mode
    I probably am missing some key points and things I've considered before. By all means give me your perspective and thoughts.

In my opinion I think one more tuner or patch is required if they can make some major adjustment to some of the game breaking issues we are seeing right now.

Thanks for reading!
    -Brodie

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. OdessaSteps

OdessaSteps I'm still your dad

Ratings:
    +2,691 / 11 / -88
    Puck chop by the boards. More often than not it causes your player to be stuck in an animation that you can't get out of until play stops.

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  3. Jack Bauer tuna

Jack Bauer tuna Hall of Famer

Discord:
    JBT123#4279
    Ratings:
    +1,258 / 66 / -177
    Lounges NEED to come back.

• Like Like x 7
    jackbauertuna_
  4. Scorezeh

Scorezeh Сука

Discord:
    scorezov#0
    Ratings:
    +241 / 151 / -130
    How about some of the old dangles

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  5. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    Hopefully you'll have 50+ meetings

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. K11LA K

K11LA K The Golden Bull

Discord:
    k11la_k#0
    Ratings:
    +1,399 / 101 / -76
    I think they need to work on turning with the puck, In 16 I used to fly into the offensive zone hit the breaks and cut toward the middle and if i didn't have a shot I'd turn up the rink toward the neutral zone to open more of the ice up. Whenever I try to turn at low speed in 17 i literally get caught with my player's feet not moving and it feels like I'm trying to turn an oil tanker in the Bering Strait. It sounds a little dumb but turning is imperative to keeping the play alive in the offensive zone and it definitely isn't working correctly in 17.

• Like Like x 2
    K11LA_K_915
  7. Sunshine2644

Sunshine2644 The Cream of the Crop

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -3
    I think player classes need to go and replaced with a system that allows you to choose your height and weight and based on your selections you are allotted a number of skill points to put in any stats you want. for example if you pick 6 foot 200 pounds you may get 200 point if you pick 5 foot 6 you may only get 175 because of how you character is. This would get rid of any complaining about how their player is playing. everyone would have their ideal build.

• Like Like x 2
    hartford48
  8. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Could EA just for once understand how to do stats!?!?! Best example for a defenseman:

Blocked Shots in game could show as 4 Blocked Shots because of your positioning. However, unless I press a button to initiate an actual Block, my "BS" category will show as "0". Perfect acronym for it, too....BS.

It's the biggest waste of space for a stat in column. Why can't the game translate the 4 Blocked Shots the stat graphic credits you for into the actual statistic? Would make for a deeper element of considering Defensemen if we had that stat category to more accurately reflect their defensive capabilities.

@LG McDonald @Tris10 @Nuge @B-Bunny and anyone else who needs to provide thought on this.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    fkncommishlb
  9. B4NKS

B4NKS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 11 / -8
    When the beta to the game is actually good, don't take all of the good things from it and remove them to promote higher scoring upon full release.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. Day 41

Day 41 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would also like to see the defense stats and ratings reflect more of the actual job of defense. example would be plus minus and turnovers created vs give aways carry more weight. Offensive output from the dman is not the truest measure of effective dmen

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. jeremy a 60

jeremy a 60 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    jeremy a 60#2381
    Ratings:
    +1,077 / 18 / -21
    I'd like to see people be able to re-join a game they lagged out of.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. tball619

tball619 Ea: tball612

Discord:
    tball619#4398
    Ratings:
    +113 / 7 / -11
    I agree with @LeBlondl77l

Something should be done about the blocked shot stats. A little disappointing when you have so many blocked shots and it will say you had 1 or none at all.

• Like Like x 2
    yotball
  13. xMelom

xMelom Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Melom#7026
    Ratings:
    +88 / 7 / -6
    i would love to see them bring back captains in eashl and add custom goalie mask like being able to change color on team masks to match your eashl club

• Like Like x 3
    xmelom
  14. TGolding007

TGolding007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 1 / -5
    Something minor but annoying in vs is the CPU's board play abilities being OP. You can be skating at a decent speed, CPU reaches out grabs you and has their way with you on the boards.
    One handed dekes would be cool again.
    The stride dekes are a little annoying and ineffective for me personally an option to turn them off would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. Fussyyy-

Fussyyy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    fussy.#0
    Ratings:
    +37 / 15 / -15
    everything... just everything

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Berserrkr

Berserrkr Zerk

Discord:
    berserrkr#0
    Ratings:
    +137 / 9 / -14
    As a goalie my biggest complaint all year is the following: five hole and low goals are ridiculous. If you watch NHL goalies 9/10 of the low goals scored in this game are deflected by the goalie stick and easily sent to the corner. Goalie sticks seem ethereal and do very little in this game.

Keep your stick on the ice

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    berserrkr
  17. xDoer3

xDoer3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xdoer3#0
    Ratings:
    +1,477 / 34 / -102
    If they add a practice mode where players can build chemistry in eashl I'll be happy.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Lazy Pedestrian#0421
    Ratings:
    +2,663 / 66 / -211
    #5 Offline
    • More depth in Be A Pro and Franchise Mode
    Franchise mode:
    -Get rid of this scouting nonsense. A GM in the NHL doesn't have to hold his scouts hand, there are Dir. of Hockey Ops, Dir. of Amateur Scouting, and Head Scouts for that. That popup kills Be A GM mode for people that like to simulate games.
    -Get rid of the default black cutout of created players. Minimum there should be a picture of the characters face like 2K sports does or like they do for your Be a Pro player
    -Let us edit players... What does it matter if I want to edit a players attributes mid-season? There's no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to control the players attributes.
    -Make draft classes better. Too many 58 overall 1st round picks that never develop into anything
    -Make draft classes more realistic. So many 19-20 year olds, this is an old problem.
    -Can we have coaches? I don't care if they aren't real people, this random fat white dude on my bench isn't funny anymore.

There's probably more but Be a GM mode needs some attention, it's getting more pathetic every year. The team movements is a nice touch but realistically, how often are you going to move teams? It's a minor part of the game.

• Like Like x 4
    LazyPedestrian
  19. Nxckles

Nxckles AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Discord:
    Nuckles#4604
    Ratings:
    +1,400 / 21 / -41
    As for servers, lagouts aren't the only issue. 35+ ping shouldn't create as much lag as it does. This is a problem for West coast people playing on East servers and vice versa. It feels like you're skating in quicksand and there are moderate delays for button inputs (as well as huge lag spikes). I'm used to dealing with lag in the NHL series as a West coast player (since most people in the 6v6 community are on the East coast), but this year feels especially bad, like it's on a whole new level.

40+ ping in almost any other online game is normal, there is no noticeable lag, but for whatever reason 40 ping in this game feels like 200 ping on most other online games I've played. If this isn't fixed before NHL 18 comes out then I'll be forced to hold out on buying that game until I know it's not as much of a problem as it is now. This game is frustrating as it is with the direction they decided to take with EASHL gameplay, but adding a large amount of lag on top of that just makes the game unenjoyable.

As for EASHL gameplay, it's slow and super defensive, and most goals feels cheap and require little to no skill. Acceleration needs a boost, speed and agility might need a slight boost, poke checks need to be nerfed a bit (I'm saying this as a defenseman), one touch passing doesn't work most of the time, wrap-arounds need to be nerfed, turd shots need to be a lot less effective in creating goals or scoring chances.

As you said some animations are too much. One that particularly bugs me is defensemen receiving the puck from a faceoff. If you don't win the faceoff the right way then the opposing team's winger can poke the puck away from you before you have control of your guy from the auto-animation (the bad servers don't help with this either). Maybe they also need to add a way for wingers to tie each other up momentarily on faceoffs to give d-men a bit more time to do something with the puck after a faceoff.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. LegendxHammer16

LegendxHammer16 LegendxHammer816

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    That would make sense, kind of like NBA 2k. IF they used this, it should be that we start with the same amount of attribute points and you get more by leveling up. So to make your player better, you need to play more so that means players on LG are more active and get more familiar with the game.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account