* New * Retirement System

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Tris10, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Hey Everyone,

I spent some time this morning to "fix" and improve the retirement system for all leagues at Leaguegaming.

A couple notes, We define "Retirement" as someone either under contract for the new season or a free agent who signed up for the new season and wishes to be removed before that season "starts". If you are a free agent and no longer wish to play the next season , you do not need to retire, you just need to not signup for the new season.

We also made a change in the "contract" system. Prior to Nov 1 2016, if anyone came out of retirement we simply added them back to their club if they had "seasons" left on their contract. After Nov 1 2016 (ie after s25 and & s3 started) we changed the contract system so that if you have a 3 season deal (regardless of what seasonID is started in) , that contract is only good for the 3 seasons it started from (ie if i have a contract from s23 and its 3 seasons, regardless of how long i retire for, this contract will only be honored for s23, s24 & s25). This was needed as we had examples where a guy retired and came back 2+ years on and would still be on his s17 contract and team. Its not fair for an organisation to still be holden to anyone who's retired forever and not fair to the player.​

The issue with the old retirement system is when someone retires and comes back, it was left up to that user to report back to their contracted team as we didnt properly record or save that users "place" in the league.

Now when a user retires, i know record all the teams that user was on (ie if in the AHL TC but CHL roster), i know the seasons in which an organization is on the hook for and i know the contract and its value.

Now when a user retires it:
    • Notifies management on that team that their player retired
    • Removes them from their "new season" team
    • Records in the db all the season that team still has the right of that player for in case he comes out of retirement
    • Add a news feed line in the player and league News System
    For Managers, now in the front office is someone is retired you will see this
    [​IMG]

A retired user can not come out of retirement the season in which they retire from, So for example if i am on a 3 season deal from s25, and i retire from s26, I can not play s26 period. But in s27 i can signup again and will be placed back on my contracted team.

If a user comes out of retirement it will
    • Alert the managers that their player is out of retirement
    • Add that player back to their club (but put them under TC for now so they are not over their cap)
    • Add a news feed item in the player and league News System
    [​IMG]

Its important to note that this is all "going forward as of today". I am going to pm everyone who retired s26 & s4 to make sure they actually are retired and managers know who's rights they still own, but this might take a few seasons so please be patient.

Going forward though, This solution is meant to completely solve and automate the retirement issue.

Thanks

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Dr Yargage

Dr Yargage Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dr Yargage#3328
    Ratings:
    +1,058 / 22 / -33
    So if players don't like the contract amount or team that won them in bidding they can just retire and come back in bidding the following season?

dryargage
  3. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    No, because once bidding starts, that season is "on" and you can only retire in the off season (ie in between seasons)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. RaVen_Phantom_

RaVen_Phantom_ RaVen Phantom

Ratings:
    +88 / 28 / -50
    Always looking to impress, GJ Tris

• Like Like x 1
    New_Yorks_Elitist
  5. EliteBe4TheKids

EliteBe4TheKids Well-Known Member

Discord:
    elitebe4thekids#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 1,376 / -1,549
    wait.... so a guy i trade for in the offseason and retires. sits out the season, can unretire next year and wont be placed back on my roster?

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    ridleywr24cb
  6. Th3 l AnD 0n1y

Th3 l AnD 0n1y The Lord

Discord:
    th3land0n1y#0
    Ratings:
    +1,317 / 61 / -31
    Lucky him.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    th3_1_and_0n1y
  7. EliteBe4TheKids

Discord:
    elitebe4thekids#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 1,376 / -1,549
    thats actually the 1st thing said thats been funny since ive been owner. cheers mate

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    ridleywr24cb
  8. Mav x19x

Mav x19x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 18 / -31
    While you are at it, you should build a script that blocks the annoying retirement threads.

@Tris10

• Winner Winner x 1
    Maverik19
  9. EliteBe4TheKids

Discord:
    elitebe4thekids#0
    Ratings:
    +457 / 1,376 / -1,549
    can we vote or discuss this next offseason? the players already have way too much power. they get traded in the offseason to a bad team and say, not ruining my pride or hurting my virtual stats by exposing me so ill just retire. and than when my contract expires, oh i magically want to play nhl again.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    ridleywr24cb