• Like Like x 1
    OutlawsFCTV
  2. Daddy Marino

Daddy Marino Daddy's Home

Discord:
    Marino#0159
    Ratings:
    +532 / 27 / -102
    nothing yet....have not been told anything.

Marino71
  3. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    Possible solution A-
    Chances are that LGFA is on the back burner. As previously stated Brodie is considering shutting down LGFA.

Possible solution B-
    The only possible / potential solution is for some serious long term planning and execution is put in place before reopening lgfa...we would be talking a minimum full year to plan and put in place people for each required position ...plan, develop and implement any system tools and changes along with a complete revamp/restructure of the constitution. It would require to form a dedicated and for that core to truly put the league together and find just as dedicated owners and management to take full responsibility of a team...20 Owners+management teams at minimum plus backups...all contributing during the full year with no active season in place.

Would also involve getting players in place and involved for media shows and any required committees.

All of this is out of my hands...and assuming lgfa will survive site admins' intentions and direction which remains uncertain and unconfirmed while NOTHING is said to anyone.

For these reasons my suspicion and best guess is their intent to remove LGFA as an ongoing product of LG...

Solution C-
    ....unless their other alternative is for them to execute a similar plan to above with their "buddy buddy" preferred staff for full control if the league. If that us the case they should have just done so ftom the beginning instead of allowing it to fail 4 seasons in a row.

Until someone at site admin level or above says something...nothing is official.

Bp

Bottomless_Pit
  4. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    ...oh...and I would strongly suggest that the entire 1 yr operation be 'supervised' by an extensive committee consisting of former owners, management, staff and even commissioners.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Bottomless_Pit
  5. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Nothing has been official posted yet about the future of the LGFA.

I am personally in favor of a few season break to plan out the League's future and determine what direction we should head. Having four different commissioner's in four seasons has had a toll on the League and it's growth. Personal I am not pleased with LG's name being tied to a league that isn't successful.

Soccer hold a ton of potential for grow and expansion here on LG. In order to grow and expand a certain level of website support and commitment is require. Currently with the v5 project underway, we simply do not have the time to commit to soccer.

I do know Tris and Ozzy have received messaged from interested site members who wish to revitalize the League and move forward. Once things slow down, and we get a better handle on the new website I assume more time will be invested into those interested parties.

Your ideal plan B, is basically what I consider plan A in my eyes. We have failed to plan or have any direction with this league for some time now. That goes for both sides, staff and admin.

Not quite sure what your "buddy,buddy" idea is, but I can ensure you all I want is for a soccer league on this website that rivals with the hockey commitment we have. It's taken me 14 seasons, a long with some great managers and community members to get hockey to where it is today. I have yet to see that level of commitment to even begin to hope for what I expect from a soccer League here on LG.

The door is always open as well, so if any committed soccer players have questions, concerns, comments, feel free to message me.

Once a decision is made, Tris, Ozzy and I will be sure to inform everyone of our intentions.

Thanks

• Like Like x 2
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.