LGAHLPSN THIS WEEK PODCAST

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by tsibs88, May 1, 2016.

1. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Our inaugural show is now available on YouTube for your listening pleasure!

Vhigh, Moranaconda and I will be hosting this show weekly and would also love to have some of you join us along the way. I record this right off the PS4 so any of you can join in.

This week's show is a look back at Season 1 and our thoughts on the start of Season 2.

We hope you enjoy the show and good luck to everyone on their season openers tonight!

TSIBS88

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Creative Creative x 1
    tsibs88
  2. Filthy_Habitz

Filthy_Habitz Fred T. Hunt Award Winner (S1)

Discord:
    Filthy_Habitz#0683
    Ratings:
    +367 / 20 / -66
    Absolutely............. Enjoyed most of it. I thought with the preview of this season you could have covered ALL the teams or did a power rankings or predictions..... Alot of time was spent on TC roster stuff and getting to "know" you guys and how your seasons and experiences were.

With that being said though it was enjoyable to play in the background while surfing the site. One of you has a radio voice for sure. I am looking forward to tuning in next week. At that point I will decide if I want to sign up for the subscription to your podcast.

Good job guys. This is what makes this community so great. People willing to take their time out of their real lives to add special features. Yes I know XBOX guys do more, but for us its a start and greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 7
    FiLTHY_HaBiTZ
  3. LRKrazyLR

LRKrazyLR Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 3 / -3
    nice work tsib and moranaconda, love the whole idea

• Like Like x 3
    LRKrazyLR
  4. Ryy0---

Ryy0--- I forget the buttons

Discord:
    ryy0_#0
    Ratings:
    +619 / 6 / -21
    Thanks for this!

• Like Like x 2
    vRyy0v
  5. TeeSibs

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Thanks for the feedback.

@Filthy_Habitz I agreed with everything you said. I think we wanted to give enough time to Season 1 and perhaps we did and more general league talk than we expected to do. There was talk of doing power rankings as well. I had thought that it might be best to leave that to the guys who tend to do that in written form but I think your point is valid. Overall we needed to do more evaluation of Season 2 than we did.

We have a long way to go to catch up to all the media coverage that xbox or even LGHLPSN but we will get there eventually.
    Thanks again for listening and the feedback!

• Like Like x 3
    tsibs88
  6. StrengthLegacySr

StrengthLegacySr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -8
    SWEET!

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  7. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    That Bing Sens shoutout.....Thanks boys :team303:

• Like Like x 3
    Nybarisny
  8. J_Carlos_96

J_Carlos_96 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 27 / -28
    I wish the NHL did something like this :(, but it was good to listen to. Thanks for shouting out our moose team

• Like Like x 2
    Jc4491
  9. Lions67

Lions67 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -4
    That was a good show!
    Fantastic, absolutely as Moran loved to say throughout lol. Jk!
    Sibs, you really do have a radio voice, great job all of you.
    Will def be tuning in again next week!

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. JClaus33

JClaus33 Josh

Discord:
    JClaus33#0960
    Ratings:
    +4,032 / 68 / -188
    Listened to the whole thing and really enjoyed learning about the other teams, and last season. Thanks for doing this guys

• Like Like x 3
    JClaus33
  11. Angry_Dangler17

Angry_Dangler17 #GREENSKIRT

Ratings:
    +98 / 3 / -16
    Awesome job guys! Looking forward to this every week.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  12. cjdtheprofessor

cjdtheprofessor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +91 / 1 / -2
    Don't even worry about talking too much general league talk in this episode like you said. Honestly, with it being the first show, I think it was pretty important to harp on. I think you guys were spot on talking about how surprisingly well built this entire thing is, especially in regards to the website. The website is the real hurdle for people to get in and get started. I know plenty of players who just completely abandoned VG and some other leagues just because it feels so much more professionally built. I really enjoyed listening to the show, I'm looking forward to tuning in for the rest of the season. Bring your lunch pails!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Cjdtheprofessor
  13. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Awesome stuff boys

• Like Like x 2
    zubov_x_21
  14. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Power rankings will be coming this week boys. It will be a power rankings/ bidding recap. The media team is deep. It will be in written format so not podcast but a few of us are working together and it will only get more and more complete and awesome

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    zubov_x_21
  15. MikeyBoy02NY02

MikeyBoy02NY02 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -3
    THIS IS AWESOME! Great job guys!

• Like Like x 2
    NYRangers241
  16. TeeSibs

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    @j_carlos_44 Dude, we have to get you on the show just to talk about season 1 and the transition to the NHL
    @Lions67 wish you were playing with us Lions! You're a good dude and a solid player. Thanks for the comments!
    @JClaus3 thanks for listening....now try not to light me up again like you did last night!! ;)
    @Angry_Dangler17 Thanks man! Good luck to you and the rest of the Checkers. You guys have a solid team, like I said in the podcast.
    @cjdtheprofessor Ive been on the SP and VG sites, as I am sure you have been as well. LG EASILY is the better site, by far. Having said that, there are things that I think we all would like to improve/enhance on this site, but for sure, the LG site is way ahead in usability.

As @VibezDigital stated in his post, we have a great media team, part of which will handle the power rankings but certainly, we can talk about these rankings and hopefully get Vibez himself on the podcast when he has time. I think very soon you will start to see a constant stream of info for the AHL. If anyone is interested in contributing in any way, let the Media Team know.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    tsibs88
  17. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    This was a very very great podcast. Listened to it all and enjoyed every bit of it. The production quality was professional grade and It seemed very well planned and rehearsed. Nothing is worse then dead air or throwing a question to someone who then drops it or gives the hsot nothing to work with.

My only advise is be consistent with when your release the show. I listen to half a dozen podcasts a week and the ones that are successful are the ones in which the audience can count on week after week IMO. So i'd suggest recording a day or so earlier then then the day you upload just in case things come up the you could still hit the same day every week.

We will be glad to help you out in any way you need to help promote your show, and basically become the voice of the LGHL PSN.

Once again, awesome job all around

ps my name isn't "Trish", my real name is "Tristan" or as it sounds, "TrisTEN", but a lot of people still call me Tris for short ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    Thanks for all the feed back guys greatly appreciated!! Unfortunately we did not really know enough of the full teams so a power ranking would have been a little difficult at the time. After this week expect a lot more of team and player talk as we really get under way with the season here. Thanks guys and if anyone is EVER interested in being a guest on the show (i.e. GM's AGM's BOG's or Administrative staff) feel free to contact myself or @tsibs88 as we would love to have you. Once again thanks for the support and let's make season 2 of the LGHL PSN one to remember guys!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  19. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    P.S. It is FANTASTIC!!! lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Moranaconda
  20. TeeSibs

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    @Tris10 DAMMIT, I was hoping you didnt hear that mispronunciation of your name! ;)

Thanks for all the kind words and critique of the show. We did talk a few times this week on show topics and the order of discussion. Since we play every day we get the chance to talk a good deal about the league so a topic outline is pretty easy to put together. For future shows, we are going to talk more about players and teams and what has happened the previous week so there will be plenty of actual game play material to discuss each week.

Moving forward, we really hope to keep the show around 30 minutes, maybe a bit more if needed. We went long on this one just because it was a look back on S1 and some talk on S2. We are planning to record on Saturday night and then get the show up and running by Sunday at Noon Eastern.

Tris, as the site founder, we would love to get you on to talk about where the site is today and talk about some of the history of LG so that all the newer players like myself understand what it takes to start up a site like this and keep it going all this time.
    Actually, I think an "Ask The Commish" type show is something we should absolutely be doing for the entire site because there is so much interest in the site that I think it would be great to give the users a voice and give you a chance to answer questions in a more personal way. Plus, this would be great cross platform exposure for all the LG leagues and not just AHL. Think about it and let's talk about what you might want this to be, if you did it.

As Mike just said, we would love to have others on the podcast, especially team owners, GMs, top performers. Let us know if you are interested.

• Like Like x 3
    tsibs88