Media Vol. 4, Issue No. 5 — Clamoring for the FA Cup

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by nubsy004, Feb 19, 2017.

1. nubsy004

nubsy004 LGFA Commissioner

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    • Like Like x 5
    nubsy004
  2. nubsy004

nubsy004 LGFA Commissioner

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    FA Cup predictions

By @nubsy004
    LGFA Extra Time Editor/LGFA Access Co-Host

Hull City vs. Arsenal
    Prediction: 5-1 Hull on aggregate
    The worst possible matchup for Owner @CreepyKlepto and his Arsenal bunch, it will take a miracle for the Gunners to shoot past the Tigers and into the semifinals. In two games in the regular season, Arsenal has yet to score on Hull, losing both games by 4-0 scorelines. The only way Arsenal comes out on top in this matchup is if Hull is forced to "give their backups a chance" due to availability. However, I don't see Hull Owner @SOCCER SM 10 allowing that to happen. Sorry, Arsenal, but you'll probably get smacked.

Crystal Palace vs. Manchester City
    Prediction: 3-2 in golden goal game
    Putting aside the fact the winner of this quarterfinal will have to face Hull in the semis and probably lose, this matchup is semi-intriguing. Both of these teams have come up in the standings recently, and regular-season games between the teams went 1-0 to Crystal in Week 1 and 1-0 to City in Week 3. These two legs will be close, and a golden goal game may be necessary to separate the two mid-tier squads.

Newcastle vs. Watford
    Prediction: 2-1 Watford on aggregate
    Probably the most exciting matchup of the quarterfinals, between the No. 3 and No. 4 teams in the league standings, Newcastle won group B with a forfeit in the final group stage game, and Watford snuck in by getting a head-to-head win over Tottenham, one of only two for the Hornets in FA Cup play so far. Watford, however, is ahead of Newcastle in the regular-season games, losing 3-2 in Week 1 but winning 3-1 in Week 3. This will be a tight couple of games, folks.

Southampton vs. Sunderland
    Prediction: 2-1 for either team in golden goal
    This is the toughest series to predict, not only because it's my team, but also because Southampton and Sunderland have only played once so far this season, with the Black Cats clawing out a 1-0 win in Week 1. The teams play again Tuesday, a game that will set the stage for the home-away doubleheader next Sunday. This matchup will be about which defense holds up. Both teams so far have given up only 16 goals in regular-season play. One goal will swing either squad into the semis.

Tigers control their destiny
    Hull City enters final week one game clear of Sunderland

By @SOCCER SM 10
    LGFA Extra Time Reporter

The LGFA season 9 is coming to a close, and we’re getting a better idea on what the final table will look like.
    Hull City controls its own destiny in its quest to win the title, 3 points clear in the standings. But, the big noise this week is Crystal Palace coming out of nowhere to surprise everyone with a streak of wins and entry into the top 5. This is the final week before we enter the knockout round of the FA Cup.
    Finally, there are no more winless teams, Bournemouth got its 2nd win this week, while other teams saw their postseason title hopes come to an end:
    - The Glaziers sudden rise and the Gunners sudden fall
    - The Magpies rise the Spurs horrible fall
    - The Hornets great rise and the Saints fall
    These table turners changed the power rankings, as the only teams to keep consistency in top were the Tigers and the Black Cats.

Hull City
    Prediction: Champion
    Currently: 1st
    Started Prediction: 2nd
    Reasoning: The Tigers lead the table, 3 points clear for the moment, and are headed to the promise land of being champions. It will be up to the Magpies, Glaziers, Hornets, Reds, Red Devils, and the Citizens to keep the Tigers from glory. EcF Rodriguez was big star for Hull, as he scored the last-minute goal on spurs with Hotpantz in net.
    Key players:
    Fwd: @l Murked l,
    Mid: @EcF Rodriguez, @Roon l 44 l, @l iSilver l, @Poptart l 20 l
    Def: @Pridemaster, @Risxn, @Unlucky Duke
    Gk: @l Steve McG l

Sunderland
    Prediction: 2nd
    Currently: 2nd
    Started Prediction: 3rd
    Reasoning: The Black Cats had the chance to be leading in 1st, but now they will have to wait for 2 stumbles from the Tigers and they themselves have to win every game from now on to get to the promise land. Sunderland gave the Tigers a worthy fight to the end, finishing in a draw.
    Key players:
    Fwd: @DRLFT3R, @oO Leo Messi Oo,
    Mid: @Huether 10, @Bitetto02
    Def: @l Vendi l, @l FR13 l
    GK: @FallenPhoenixVI

Newcastle
    Prediction: 3rd
    Currently: 4th
    Started Prediction: 5th
    Reasoning: The rise of the Magpies shows if they continue with this great run, they can snatch the championship. However, they must win all their games, beat the Tigers on Sunday wait for another Hull stumble and get a stumble from the Black Cats. The Magpies can clinch the title in that scenario, and anything is possible
    Key players:
    Fwd: @lLainez
    Mid: @N0T NiiCE, @ORod80, @l M0NEY l, @ToonArmyJabo
    Def: @Austin McA
    GK: @Copy of Apollo

Southampton
    Prediction: 4th
    Currently: 6th
    Started Prediction: 6th
    Reasoning: The Saints' sudden stumble might have cost them the league, and they will have to focus on the FA Cup. Southampton is 2 wins from the Tigers, but they will have to see stumbles from other teams as well to win the title. The Saints gave a good fight, probably the only team with a better head to head record with the predicted champions, just not enough consistency.
    Key players:
    Fwd: @Everest l 42 l, @l Mann l
    Mid: @Unlucky Evo, @Texas Tenant, @nubsy004
    Def: @CrYoGeNiiKs Fx, @KCNightshade

Watford
    Prediction: 5th
    Currently: 3rd
    Started Prediction: 8th
    Reasoning: The Hornets have a great chance to snatch the title, as they have proven they can beat the top teams. Last week, they performed well by beating Hull once, and they hope for a stumble from the Tigers once and one stumble from the Black Cats in the same scenario as the Magpies. But in my book, the Hornets have a better shot than the Magpies. Watford is predicted 5th because they are a roller coaster team, winning over big teams but losing to small teams.
    Key players:
    Fwd: @TheePastorDave, @TKShooter22
    Mid: @Dusan Double D
    Def: @LoCoTrAcK5tAr, @Shenanigan10
    Gk: @z Uh Oh

Tottenham
    Prediction: 6th
    Currently: 7th
    Started Prediction: Champion
    Quick reason: Key players don't show up.

Crystal Palace
    Prediction: 7th
    Currently: 5th
    Started Prediction:7th
    Quick reason: One good week vs small teams this week they face strong teams.

Arsenal
    Prediction: 8th
    Currently: 8th
    Started Prediction: 4th
    Quick reason: Chose friends over starting materials, trades became disaster. No defense

Manchester City
    Prediction: 9th
    Currently: 9th
    Started Prediction: 9th
    Quick reason: this team could have done more, but uncommitted management early in the season was at fault. They can even surpass Arsenal.

Liverpool
    Prediction: 10th
    Currently: 10th
    Started Prediction: 10th
    Quick reason: Quality is not there, and apparently commitment is not there either.

Bournemouth
    Prediction: 11th
    Currently: DEAD LAST
    Started Prediction: 11th
    Quick Reason: Quality is not there, but they are committed. Who knows, they might get a straight week of wins. Fun team to watch.

Manchester United
    Prediction: DEAD LAST
    Currently: 11th
    Started Prediction: DEAD LAST
    Quick reason: Couple of new players, but it's not the new players fault for being in last. It's Python x 77's 9th season as owner, and he is constantly in the bottom table with one miracle title — sorry new guys.

This week's power rankings were based off the upcoming games and a little of last week performance, but since this is the last stretch, I hope everyone proves me wrong. So far, I've been only wrong on 2 teams of started predictions.
    Everyone else might fall into place where I predicted them but time will tell. Good luck to everyone and always respect to the future champions regardless who it is and congrats to one of the 4 teams that have a chance to win the title.

Teams caught on candid camera
    Hidden cameras show true natures of players, owners

By @nubsy004
    LGFA Extra Time Editor/LGFA Access Co-Host

This week, the banana News Team is using the hidden locker room cameras installed in each locker room in preseason to show what's really going on with each team.
    Hull City
    After letting their second line play a few games last week, the Tigers are getting back in form. However, league goal leader @l Murked l is having somewhat of a crisis, as @ILainez of Newcastle has tied him at 12. Video showed Murked last week after games holding a questionable Voodoo ritual, streaking the bottom of his boots with the blood of Sir Bobby Charlton in an attempt to channel the England great and secure his scoring title.
    Sunderland
    Video in the Black Cats locker room showed the team's upcoming game plans, as @Bitetto02 is forcing his team to play an 8-1-1. "We have to pack it in as much as we can," he said. "I don't want another goal scored on us the rest of this season, and if we park the bus and put 8 guys on the goal line, I think that's an achievable goal."
    Watford
    If there's anything to be learned from the Watford locker room, it's that prayer works. All last week, Watford players met in the locker room three hours early, and @TheePastorDave led the squad in prayers to all Gods in the history of the world. "I don't know which God specifically is answering our prayers, but we made it into the FA Cup quarterfinals and jumped up to third in the league, so I say it's working," Thee Pastor said.
    Newcastle
    Images from the Newcastle locker room are raising questions across the league about a pay-to-play system and bribery that has resulted in the team rising to fourth in the league. "We're investigating @l M0NEY l on bribery charges," BOG @Dunks confirmed. "We don't have any evidence he really did anything wrong, but his name is "M0NEY," so that's enough for us to be suspicious."
    Crystal Palace
    Members of the Palace team were seen last week celebrating their rise in the standings as if they had won the league. The copious amounts of champagne drank left a handful of Crystal's starters recovering from hangovers for two days, leaving the league wondering if they will be ready for Sunderland and Southampton matches tonight.
    Southampton
    Video from the Saints' locker room shows only one thing — @Duey912. "Hey guys, I'm the tackle leader," he said. "Did you all know I'm the tackle leader? I only need 9 more to set a record. Do you think I'll break the record? Even if I don't, I'm still the tackle leader. Did you guys know that?"
    Tottenham Hotspur
    Images all week long from the Spurs' locker room showed @NinoRT9 meditating in multiple poses all around the room. "I'm trying to figure out what happened to this team," he said. "We won a double last season, and now we're 7th in the standings and out of the FA Cup. I don't get it." It should be noted that all week long, no one else entered the locker room, even when games were about to be played.
    Arsenal
    The Gunners' locker room has devolved into a high school-style lunch room, full of cliques. Each manager on the squad has their own friends on the team, and can't seem to get out of their comfort zones. @KnucklesWhite attempted to bring the groups together recently by making a peace offering of pickled pigs ears. Unfortunately, no one bit on the offer.
    Manchester City
    New owner @Turtleurp Zulu has been frantically working at City to clean up messes left by former GM Gordy. "He left this place a mess," Turtle said. "He was growing these weird green plants in all of the lockers. People keep telling me it's cilantro, but I'm convinced he was growing weed. That's the only was I can explain how he put $15 million on @GeriatricPickl3."
    Liverpool
    Back from his cruise job, @bu11dog91 was caught on video giving gifts to some of his players, as the team has dropped in the standings and is out of FA Cup contention. "I brought @CoLoMBo14 a little Hula girl, I got @VanB Matthias a bottle of rum, and I gave @oO Leo Messi Oo $8 million just for the hell of it," the owner said. "But that's all I brought back, so tough luck for everyone else."
    Manchester United
    Video from the United locker room this week showed a masked man destroying all of the team's equipment. "Where the hell is our owner and why is he not stopping me from doing this," the man asked in a voice that sounded nearly identical to @JimmY x JoneS. @Scheckel29, upon hearing the commotion, was seen popping his head in the locker room, giving a thumbs up to the masked intruder, then taking a piss on the floor before striding out with both middle fingers in the air.
    Bournemouth
    Bournemouth got another win this week, 2-1 over Arsenal, and the victory, along with only a 2-1 loss to Hull, can only be credited to one thing — A balls. New addition to the team, Deputy Commissioner @phillyfan765, has been drilling the A-ball mantra into his team's head all week. "Frankly, we're a little sick of him," said Owner @Clancy2113. "But, those A balls have been working, and we did beat those Arsenal scrubs. I hate to say it, but Philly might be the Pep Guardiola of Bournemouth right now."

SATIRE DISCLOSURE: This article is not serious in nature. If you believe what you have read here, Extra Time and the LGFA relinquish all responsibilities regarding your actions. Carry on.

Week 3 TOTW

By Aeplli l 3 l
    LGFA Extra Time Reporter

TOTW: 4-1-2-1-2
    LS: @xMoBxGeTxMoNeYx (Crystal Palace)
    RS: @ILainez (Newcastle)
    CAM: @Unlucky Evo (Southampton)
    LM: @l Money l (Newcastle)
    RM: @Inform Vidal (Crystal Palace)
    CDM: @Bitetto02 (Sunderland)
    LB: @SHOWTIME lAl (Newcastle)
    CB: @Shenanigan10 (Watford)
    CB: @Unlucky Duke (Hull City)
    RB: @King Q l 11 l (Sunderland)
    GK: @FallenPhoenixVI (Sunderland)
    Reserves:
    ST: @eLeX Lazer (Newcastle)
    ST: @TheePastorDave (Watford)
    MID: @Aeppli l 3 l (Southampton)
    MID: @Auzilio (Crystal Palace)
    DEF: @Ruckus Buckus (Newcastle)
    DEF: @IL A IK IE (Spurs)
    GK: @JimmY x JoneS (Manchester Utd.)

• Like Like x 1
    nubsy004
  3. Virgil l 4 l

Virgil l 4 l You'll never walk alone

Ratings:
    +109 / 17 / -48
    Timbo, you're a teacher for god sakes! Motivation* :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    sovereignmamba
  4. TIMBORULES

TIMBORULES Are you about that Fifa life?

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -10
    Thanks

No Streaming Account
  5. TIMBORULES

TIMBORULES Are you about that Fifa life?

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -10
    Motivation

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Scheckel29

Scheckel29 IslesGT

Discord:
    scheckel29#0
    Ratings:
    +910 / 7 / -11
    HAHA, #notfakenews