AHL PSN Preseason Write Up; West Central

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by Windmillsfordayz, May 28, 2017.

1. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +568 / 41 / -104
    Charlotte Checkers

Forwards:
    With new mangement comes a completely new look for the Charlotte Checkers. Up front they will be relaying on a balanced 3 line attack. This balance approach is going to be lead by offensively by @Chikenbiskit and @CSM0419 who are both coming off of 30 goal seasons on non playoff teams. @hyperd321 and @Gregoire_Bruin will be wild cards for the team as neither has played forward at the AHL level but, Hyperd did average almost 4 PPG on a average St Johns team in the CHL so he may very well become the teams leading scorer by the end of the season.

Defence:
    With a defense that features 4 players from the CHL and Charlotte being in one of the toughest conferences in the AHL, the transition will be a tough one for the inexperinced backend. From what I can tell the Checkers will be relaying on rookies @FBI_CIA_NSA_USA and and @La-_-Coquina and @KillerSnipez187 to be the foundation of their defense while @QcMCSeb will bring a veteran presence to the young Defence core.

Goalies: Goaltending is one the one area that stands out when you look at the Checkers roster. @TheFlyers1992 is coming off a Calder Cup victory while @Flyersap is coming down from a short stint in the NHL. If this team is going to make the playoffs both goalies will have to be on their game, especially while their young D-core gets adjusted.

Chicago Wolves

Under the watch full eye of @nyBARISny the Chicago Wolves will look to become a threat in the Western Conference.

Forwards: The Chicago wolves look to be lead offensively by @Squall227, who is coming off back to back 70 point season, @Scorvat who put up 53 points on a horrendous Rangers team, and @Darkangel16536 who is coming off a very respectible 65 points season. If @Live_by_SIN can pull off another 40 goal season the Wolves should be a threat come the playoffs.

Defence: From the looks of it the Wolves Defence will be lead by @Slo_Mobius and @VanishingPoint92 who are both coming off very impressive seasons which saw them win a combined 39 regular season games, both players will be looking to repeat those types of season this year. The one wildcard on the backend will be @smyles57 who is coming off a S4 that saw him spend time in all three leagues, if he can help form a reliable 2nd pairing for the Wolves this team will be a hard team to beat come playoffs.

Goalies: @Burns2211 and @opitmus_rhyme34 will be the pairing for the Wolves, I don't know much about either of them so it will be interesting to see how this pairing does come the Regular Season.

Cleveland Monsters

Coming off a season which was headlined by the @bbraves1328 goal. The Cleveland Monster look to try and improve on their impressive s4.

Forwards:
    After a s4 that saw GM @BigFreeze064 replace half his roster with NHL players for a playoff run, the Monster hope that chemistry wouldn't be an issue this season. The Monster look like they are going to be a high powered offensive team who are going to be lead by the likes of @Gumba l11l @BigFreeze064 @Furdayzbuddy. With @bbraves1328 still suffering for goalie PSD from the playoffs, he will be making the switch to forward in hopes of trying to redeem himself. The supporting cast is a solid one and should give teams a handful during the regular season.

Defence:
    The Defence looks like a solid one as they have 4 player returning from the S4 Monsters and with the addition for @HitByTheBest95 teams should have a tough time outscoring the Monster.

Goalies: The pairing of @HunterShinkaruk and at @Maximuss001 should be one of the top duos in the league, providing the Monster can clear the cap space to have both on the roster.

Grand Rapids Griffins

Team QC (IDK if they actually stuck to that)

Forwards: The Griffins offensive charge looks like it's going to be lead by the likes of @xXDuFrEsNe27Xx and @KJsniper who are both coming off 75 point seasons with @LotsOfBeanPots @thebigpeach22 and @killer_scotch proving a solid depth scoring presence.

Defence: With the pairing @Sulleymon and @OptimusPrimus77 returing from the s4 team, the Griffin hope that @Stamkos91 can be become a fixture on their back end which is IMO is going to need to be better to complete with the powerhouse teams that this conference has to offer.

Goalies: Both of these goalies are unknown to the league so unless Mangement knows something everyone else doesn't this is going to be one of the Griffins weak spots.

Iowa Wild

Forwards:
    The Wild hope that new comers @Camzi95 and @Agesquod can fill the highend offensive talent that seems to be lacking from their forward group. @Camzi95 is a threat to score from anywhere on the ice while @Agesquod provides offence while playing a dependable 2 way game. @Woogie2216 @XxANGELOFDEATH11 @crisis131078 and @Obey_the_Sandman all provide solid depth scoring and should be important pieces for the team going forward.

Defence: After having the best defence core in the AHL last year, this years Wild seem to feature a ton of rookies on defence. The group will be lead by Calder Cup Champion @pittpensfan76 who will have to become a mentor for this year defence core that just recently lost their 2 of their top 4 to a trade.

Goalies: With the inexperince on defence the Wild are going to rely on the tandem of @bNYCe83 and @Rickstoneman11 to steal them a couple of games. @bNYCe83 has a career .800% Save in almost 125 career AHL games, while @Rickstoneman11 had a respectable .792% on over 700 shots last season for the Windsor Spitfire.

Manitoba Moose
    Forwards:
    Offensively the Moose may have the best forward group in the league with @Bearinarctic @VinceT13 @puckzone @KF1ELD @Timyz7 all having 69+ point seasons. @puckzone is coming off an impressive 60 goal year while @VinceT13 is coming off a 40 goal year on a horrible Leigh High Valley team and thats not the end of the 40 goal scorers either @Timyz7 has yet to record a season of less than 40 goals and 80 points in his 2 AHL season. This team is going to be an offensive juggernaut this season and will give any good defence group a run for their money.

Defence: The Moose's defence core is going to be lead by @pucku33. Other than that they have 2 goalies (@PitcheRxSwaGx @DaBears182) and a forward (@cholesterolbomb)who have converted to defence for S5. While I don't believe this will be their D core for the year, it might be enough to get a WC spot. Their TC is stocked with some good defence man who would be better options than what they currently have.

Goalies: @DevinDags is a top VG goalies and should provide a calming persence in goal, while @Dinezza_77 has yet to play in LG as a goalie.

Milwaukee Admirals

Forwards:
    The Admirals will be lead by goal scorers @geesteak 35 goals (last season in the AHL) and @curlew7 36 goals (S3 AHL), while NHL Veterans @fred_spence @A_CapTa1N_A (who both put up 20+ goals in the NHL last season) will hope to improve on their NHL number this season in the AHL.

Defence: The Admirals Defence score is going to be anchor by @XxGumpeRxx who is coming off a less than steller year in the NHL, hopefully he can turn it around this season. Other than that @Ether_mR and @robbeyy will be relied apon to match up against the other teams top forwards.

Goalies: Both of these goalies did not play the whole season last year so they are unknown to LG.

Rockford IceHogs

Forwards:
    After not making the playoffs in season 4 the Rockford Icehogs are looking to get back into the playoffs this season.@VoltageFusion (25 NHL goals) @Six96969 (30 AHL goals)@vCodester (47 goals in S3) are going to be heavily relied upon to provide offence to the team, while @jboro1227 and @Advancedhuman will be key depth players for the team.

Defence: The Acquicsion of @Teneur is a very good building block has he has only lost 1 game (20-1) during his time on LG PSN. @o8udontknowme8o @Thunder_Thums and @Korrowan are good depth players who will be able to help the team win some games in a tough Central Division

Goalies:
    In net @Dragonskull69 and @Xx-RASK-xX are a solid duo who will help the team win close games and might steal a few from the likes of the top teams in the division.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Windmillsfordayz
  2. DRALLYX33

DRALLYX33 Well Known - Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 90 / -110
    ;)

No Streaming Account
  3. Live by S I N

Live by S I N LivebySIN

Discord:
    livebysin#0
    Ratings:
    +168 / 9 / -17
    Damn expected to put up 40 goals? i didnt even put 1 point up tonight against monsters =(

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    livebysin
  4. HitByTheBest95

HitByTheBest95 Calder Cup Champion #2020Admirals

Ratings:
    +240 / 27 / -30
    Appreciate the mention thanks We have a tough D core on our team thats for sure looking forward to seeing the future

• Like Like x 2
    HitByTheBest95
  5. bottle_man

bottle_man Still moving even when the legs stop.

Ratings:
    +330 / 80 / -76
    Sin we all know you start slow and score 50 in the last 10 games :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    bottle_man
  6. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    You are trash you shitter. Also side note if @smyles57 is a key component of the team, I'm gonna say the wolves are fucked.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Nybarisny
  7. Live by S I N

Live by S I N LivebySIN

Discord:
    livebysin#0
    Ratings:
    +168 / 9 / -17
    :sadegg::sadegg::sadegg::sadegg::sadegg::sadegg:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    livebysin
  8. jumpyg1258

jumpyg1258 One wild and crazy guy

Ratings:
    +188 / 17 / -28

Not too tough I think, they just helped get two shutouts last night. ;)

Heheh, just giving ya a hard time. Thanks for the write up.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Scorvat

Scorvat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 33 / -29
    In defence of my low 53 point NHL season.... that team was really bad lol. Like jerk off in the corner and forget we were playing hockey that night bad.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    wow.. i wanted at least 400 words on how great I am

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Krvstoffer
  11. Slo_Mobius

Slo_Mobius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 9 / -16
    WHO THE FUCK JUST TOLD MY GM (Live_BY_SIN) TO GET GOOD??? SHOW YOURSELF YOU COWARD!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Well this is awkward [​IMG]

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Nybarisny
  13. Slo_Mobius

Ratings:
    +50 / 9 / -16
    Baris I don't want to kill you. I just don't want you to be alive.........anymore....

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Windmillsfordayz

Ratings:
    +568 / 41 / -104
    "@Slow_Mobius has just been put on the trade block"

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Windmillsfordayz
  15. Slo_Mobius

Ratings:
    +50 / 9 / -16
    Yea right Baris needs me.......so he can point his finger and say "THAT'S THE BAD GUY!!"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    @BigFreeze064 get it done

Krvstoffer
  17. iCallsoWhat55

iCallsoWhat55 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    icallsowhat55#1227
    Ratings:
    +787 / 49 / -145
    Needs more team logos and team color font like Hunter's posts to make it easy to read. Jk, good write up.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    icallsowhat55
  18. Krvstoffer

Krvstoffer help

Discord:
    krvstoffer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,881 / 57 / -118
    i second this

• Like Like x 1
    Krvstoffer
  19. Windmillsfordayz

Ratings:
    +568 / 41 / -104
    I tried to start with how great you are but it ended up taking my whole write-up so I had to condense it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Windmillsfordayz
  20. HitByTheBest95

HitByTheBest95 Calder Cup Champion #2020Admirals

Ratings:
    +240 / 27 / -30
    Hunter has been slacking on those lol

• Like Like x 2
    HitByTheBest95