IMPORTANT API Error - Game Not Recorded?

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Tris10, May 29, 2017.

1. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,737 / 89 / -327
    FYI,

There can be a general bug where your played LG game will not show up in the API even if its club challenge. We don't know the cause of this and asking the community for their help.

Technical Background
    After you play your game and the 3rd period or game ends, all the stats are sent back to EA's servers. Once thats complete they render the stats and produce the "Player Summery" Screen.

Example http://i.imgur.com/HFWVUwm.png .

All those stats are not coming from your console but by EA's servers so if you can not see this screen, the game will not show up in the API.

Feedback from the Community
    So something is stopping the data from being sent to EA, we are not sure where or how or what event triggers this and asking the community to help us with their experience. Is it a player leaving before X event (perhaps leaving before this screen shows up?), or a goalie, or combo of both? For those who've experience this, any insight?

Right now our best suggestion is for everyone to wait til they see the player summery screen before quitting out.

How to take stats if this happens in your game?
    If this happens in your game where you can not produce the player summery screen, you have to take screen shots of the old stat system that displays players by their "Player Name" (and not Gamertag). You'll have to do your best to manually enter those stats in. Please still upload the images for proof.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. TeeSibs

TeeSibs Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TSibs88#2180
    Ratings:
    +1,495 / 17 / -65
    Is there any instance that has been reported where a player lagged out in the 3rd or in OT? Perhaps then if all the players who were in the game did not finish, maybe this is causing the issue.

• Like Like x 1
    tsibs88
  3. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -519
    I have noticed the player summary screen sometimes not showing up. Like getting an error saying it cannot be loaded. What I have found is if the person taking the pictures or w/e waits for everyone to leave the game and then eventually it loads back up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    premierplayer
  4. actiondave13

actiondave13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 9 / -10
    If a player leaves the game before the player summary screen comes up the API will not work

actiondave13
  5. premierplayer

premierplayer Well-Known Member

Discord:
    premierplayer#0
    Ratings:
    +1,049 / 350 / -519
    I dont believe this is true. I have def had issues where the summary screen doesnt load and then i wait and evryone quits out and it loads up.

premierplayer
  6. JD l23l

JD l23l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -1
    The blazers had a few issues last season where the API didn't reflect the game played. Checked the club history and it also wasn't showing up. Only thing we could think of that was causing the issue was if someone was still in the game that was played before in the cc lobby the game wouldn't register. Can't confirm if that was indeed the cause but that was our best guess.

No Streaming Account
  7. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    I have seen both honestly, i have seen where it gives an error and if you just keep trying to load it then it comes up eventually. And i have seen where sometimes it just won't show up at all no matter what you do. I have seen club games that finish then it takes you straight to the pause screen and the game doesn't count as well. I will keep an eye out for a common denominator from now on for sure.

• Useful Useful x 1
    Moranaconda
  8. Tatawaka

Tatawaka why do people claim me...

Ratings:
    +186 / 5 / -3
    Only thing that comes to mind is if session host quits before that screen loading. Maybe server is waiting on that specific user's data?

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    Has anyone ever noticed that the player summary is not always accurate? Perfect example of this is our game last night (KIT @ LON). Game stats show I had 12 saves, but you go to add up their (KIT) shots & it totals 14. So, if that's wrong, what else is?

No Streaming Account
  10. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,737 / 89 / -327
    Yes we aware of this. Shots are shot attempts or something like that

11. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
    bossy_22_
  12. Jokiharju

Jokiharju Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 15 / -76
    Only time this has ever happened to me is when someone back out of the game, for example, a player quit in 1st period, we finish out period, and then Player Summary is unavailable, sometimes just trying again after a cpl mins works, sometimes it doesn't...

It seems to me in my own experience that it is when someone backs out. So this is key, Stop rage quitting and API will work fine.

No Streaming Account
  13. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    Regarding the player summary issue, I'm almost 100% sure that it just happens completely randomly with nobody being at fault (except for EA). There was a period of time (maybe about a month ago) where literally every other club game would skip the player summary, and the entire game didn't count. There was a rumor that fighting and being in the box at games end was the cause of it, but that was 100% not the case.

• Like Like x 1
    bossy_22_
  14. Nekski

Nekski Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A+ goalie effort by me!

15. BullBreed333

BullBreed333 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BullBreed#6785
    Ratings:
    +400 / 28 / -67
    Well Tris the game has also gotten even weirder since they did that last "update". The last month has been unbearable network and connectivity-wise. EA has been tinkering, no doubt, but also it feels as though it's somewhat corrupted. I don't know what they've done, but ever since the Feb update things like this API issue have increased. I'd imagine their updates must be reflected server-side as well. There is no rhyme nor reason for the API issue, it's 100% random.

Bullbreed333
  16. CBarbs

CBarbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 2 / -3
    We had it happen during a lag out in the 1st period last season. Of course protocol is to finish the period and restart. You are now playing the 1st and 2nd period as your 2nd and 3rd. We still had the 2 replayed periods show up in the API but not the original first to combine in the API for total stats.

No Streaming Account
  17. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    For the community:
    Wondering if the symptom (error for the player summary screen) when it happens -> does it happen to everyone or just the 1 user?​

What is obvious:
    I"m not very familiar with the API, but does the API not collect the same info from everyone's profiles? The source of the issue is clearly not the API itself since the error happens regardless of it being an LG game or not.​

Issue data gathering steps that may be needed(?):
    It seems to me in order to be definitive & isolate the issue the following would need to be gathered and logged to confirm each reported instance is the same issue:
    • date/time of issue (including time zone)
    • club names involved
    • screenshots (ultimately would be best for a screenshot from all 12 players)
    • **** screenshot(s) of the user(s) whom produced the error code that comes up on screen ****
    • complete list of all the players' gt's (both teams) needs to be taken & provided.
    Needless to say this is rather cumbersome and exhausting. But these confirmed details would eventually be provided to EA techs with access to the (SQL ?) database servers generating and recording them. ​

Speculation:

In the end it could be anything up to a process on the server performing the action 'glitching' out. Example: perhaps 2 games are trying to write the data as the same primary key (game #) or such / other...and so 1 of the events has to give way to the other...and unfortunately the system doesn't always successfully create it as the next record.

...as an added note: I'm not sure you have anything available for error reporting of this magnitude - but I'm sure if it's that important & necessary you'll come up with something as your a programming wiz.

Good luck. (let me know if anything I can help - assuming any of this has helped to start with)

• Creative Creative x 1
    Bottomless_Pit
  18. Winston Payne

Winston Payne Staff Emeritus

Discord:
    Winston Payne#4125
    Ratings:
    +1,170 / 0 / -1
    It should be fairly obvious, but guaranteed thing that prevents data being sent to the API is when the game session crashes (sending everybody to the dashboard).

winstonpayne_