So long for now

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Too Much Twoco, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +455 / 2 / -17
    It’s been fun LG. Truly. LG gave me a chance to get back into dedicated multiplayer gaming when I thought that part of life was gone (late 20s). Unfortunately, with the switch to next gen, I have to say goodbye for now.

This post isn’t meant to be about me though so much as the future of LG. For the first time since joining back in S26, I think the outlook is bleak. As shown in the statement below, those in charge of LG care more about E-sports than actual LG. I’m posting in this forum since I knew more people in the AHL and they hopefully can confirm this isn’t some troll post and that I cared a lot about being a good manager and enjoying what this league provides. I worry that unless you are playing esports, LG is going to go downhill and I hope that’s not the case. I hope people get the experience that I got. But when your league commissioner goes from aggressively building the CHL and expanding it a few seasons back to now basically saying “we will lose 20% of our player base but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make”, it is telling.

• Esports and LGHL should be the same console. Esports is always about the best players playing the game to its absolute best. Because of this esports events naturally should be on the latest and greatest. It would be awkward if users are playing esports events on next gen and then having to go back to old gen to play LGHL. Users would certainly look less forward to LGHL nights, and maintaining 2 separate builds is also a factor.

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Too Much Twoco

Too Much Twoco Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Too Much Twoco#2520
    Ratings:
    +455 / 2 / -17
    I can’t edit the original post at this point but I do want to say that while I obviously don’t like the current direction LG is going for the casual player, I do appreciate all the effort McDonald, Tris, BOGS, and others provide to keep this league going. I think they have good intentions and I hope the league can thrive until my cheap ass decides to get a nextgen console and shake off the rust.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. Giilbz

Giilbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,685 / 42 / -118
    This post is dumb & pointless

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. l Bossy l x 22

l Bossy l x 22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Bossy#9297
    Ratings:
    +3,325 / 126 / -162
    I'm so confused by this post... The copy and paste you made from Tris' post is a huge reason why this decision was made, and it makes a ton of sense. You literally contradicted your entire point.

It's unfortunate, but players will be lost irregardless of the decision that was made. I believe Tris understated in his post the number of next gen players who wouldn't sign up for LG, if LG stayed on old gen. It's true that a large number of those players would likely be the top Esports guys who will most likely be playing events on next gen, but there are a large number of more casual LGers who won't be looking to give those clowns at EA extra money to play a shittier version of the game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    bossy_22_
  5. Fat Grl Hntr

Fat Grl Hntr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +185 / 10 / -23
    Hopefully we see 300-400 more of these posts.

Fat_Grl_Hunt3r