The s40 Providence Bruins: What a Journey to a Calder

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Fly I25I, Feb 9, 2022.

1. Fly I25I

Fly I25I Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +904 / 35 / -50
    The big bad Bruins. The team that everyone loved to hate. The Evil Empire.

The team that overcame so much to become Calder Cup champions.

----

Sorry in advance for the novel, but can't say enough about all these guys and need to express my thanks properly.

First I want to give a huge shoutout and thanks to my duo and one of my closest friends on the site @RY0NN, without whom I probably would've called it quits multiple times over this season. We've been looking for the right opportunity to take a team for many seasons now, but we always chicken out because we 'hate the game' or some other ridiculous reason, so I'm very thankful he saw the roster wipe as an opportunity to come back and do some damage this season. You poured your heart and soul into building this thing along with me, and I couldn't have asked to have this experience with anyone else.

Another huge thanks to @l AL3X I for giving us the opportunity to build the team and supporting us every step of the way. Easily one of the best team builders and managers in the business.. wishing you nothing but success in the future.

Also to our TCs who were so supportive and just a great group to be around. They didn't really have to care, but they did anyway and we appreciate it so so much. @xRAMx83 @billy x 9 @Dragsonite95 @TheBigGuy316 @TennisTurkeyTrot @xGoAtDeMoNx @KeiranGW @SWRV Phantom @Keatin9 and many more.

To the B'ys.. some s36 Windsor Spitfires, some OG LG teammates of ours, it's always the absolute best thing to grab friends in bidding (some / many perhaps with aliases)... @quatch02 our resident lady killer and pAGM extraordinaire (ok maybe not so much), @PPasK the most toxic good guy I've ever met (WITH THE CALDER GWG; 18-0!), @Qiono my son and instant party vibes and of course @THUMBS UP 11 my lover and first true d partner in LG. Corms sometimes makes me just shake my head in disbelief at how oblivious a human being can be, but is an amazing guy and an incredible defenseman on both sides of the puck. Easily top 2 or 3 in the league and it's not even close. What a journey it has been for us over multiple seasons, I'm so glad we all got to share this run together.

To the poor souls that stuck it out with us from the beginning... @DRiPPPn started out white hot, then after a few line changes had to build and rebuild chem with different guys, showed how dangerous you can be with the puck down the middle and on the wing. On almost every other team you're in the top 6 easily, but you stuck it out and helped to anchor the 3rd line, and I thank you so very much. @McChel13 the enigma, you have the ability to be a top tier goaltender when you're on.. I think we will see you grow tremendously and do great things in this league in the coming seasons. Also if you could move hockey practice from Tuesday nights that would be awesome! lol

To the numerous acquisitions, starting with Ryonn's line.. staying up all night to try to get @Levachkin through NHL waivers, while dodging multiple landmines along the way. There were some tense moments, but ultimately you took the split with PP in stride and absolutely GRINDED the game with the boys in order to get better and adjust styles, and it showed all playoffs long. My MAIN MAN @Rob1nsky, easily one of my favorite humans that I've met on this site. A resident boomer like myself, you always kept it light, gave Lev shit when it was required LOL and you always had a fantastic attitude. You've grown leaps and bounds as a dman since you've been here, and I'm really glad to have gotten the chance to play with you. The stud himself @MISSGUFFx8.. I don't think I've played with someone as talented who is just as humble and wants to just play and get better as much as you. You stepped up as a leader and absolutely anchored this line, to the tune of 4 goals against in 8 games (!!!) in the playoffs as a line. Just insane. Thanks for bringing all of your talents and experience to the team and strapping the boys on your back on many nights.

On my line, the NHL mercenaries.. @Fat Grl Hntr a 12/10 dude who brought constant positivity and support of teammates. You always give it everything you have and go about things the right way, which I appreciate so much as a manager. You've taught me a lot about how to communicate with people and how to get the right message across. Oh and a MASSIVE SNIPE for the opening goal in game 2 of the finals to get us going. The anchor down the middle @UnleashTheFury4, you coming down from the NHL brought instant offensive ability to the line, as well as incredible defensive awareness and responsibility from your time as a dman. We've known each other for a long time but could just never link up in LG.. so glad we could finally be on the same team (and line) and win a championship together.

To the GRIND line... what a difference a few weeks makes. Dealing with line changes, ECUs, Barky.. you guys just powered through, made every game competitive down the stretch and brought the Bartletts to OT TWICE in the final. You deserved better on the scoreboard, and deserve as much thanks if not more than any group on the roster. Each and every one of you stepped up in a huge way.. @Gbaby Waffles bringing top vibes, a great attitude and a willingness to play through a brand new west connection (bless your heart). @adidaht88 a last minute (maybe even last second) deadline acquisition who brought a calming veteran presence to keep the boys going through some challenging games at the start, @Millsy x 31 agreeing to come up from the CHL, play offhanded on his off-wing and do whatever he could to contribute. Drip switching to wing to bring some offense and of course Baby Q who took it upon himself to switch to center and will the boys to some wins. Love you all and thank you.

Last and certainly not least... the MVP himself. @Lotadi, by far the most important acquisition of any team this season. What started out as a rib of Broomball, turned into one of the single greatest playoff performances in the history of LG. This man went 13-2 with a .909 sv% (lol), a 0.92 GAA (lol) and 6 shutouts (lol). The only 2 games he lost were in games where we got shutout... Literally whenever we scored at all, we automatically thought we were going to win. You bring great vibes to the locker room, an ego that easily fits in with this circus, and the willingness to get people to grind the game and get better. And again, I don't think I've ever felt as confident in a 1-0 game as I did this playoff with Scampurs behind us.

If you made it this far, first of all, sorry for the rant.. but most of all, thank you for all of your support. Can't believe on my 3rd try we finally pulled off the big one..

As I've said over and over, love all of you Providence Bruins and it has been a pleasure to be your manager this season.

CALDER CUP CHAMPS!! #Pushin:team352:

Cheers,
    - Fly

• Winner Winner x 23
    • Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  2. TRMC BIGMAC

TRMC BIGMAC BIGMAC

Ratings:
    +83 / 29 / -29
    #ryonnfault

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. PPasK

PPasK Warning Group

Ratings:
    +153 / 11 / -28
    Toxicity makes dreams work yeeeet

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Broomball16

Broomball16 Washed

Discord:
    Broomball16#1587
    Ratings:
    +1,594 / 863 / -485
    Never forget when Fly called @Lotadi shit and wouldn’t bid on him/trade for him.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    Broomball1881
  5. SlowGazzelle

SlowGazzelle Assistant to the deputy commisioners

Discord:
    SlowGazzelle#7049
    Ratings:
    +492 / 27 / -54
    Congrats to @Fly I25I and the rest of the Providence Bruins. A special congrats to my internet son @Qiono aka Baby Q, aka Ling Ling, aka Chitarian Knights.

Funny story about Baby Q. Man signed up his first season of LG as a goalie. I owned the London Knights at the time. He never even told me he finally got signed up until after bidding was completed and he didn't get a bid. I traded a bag of pucks for him to Swift Current. Baby Q was happy, I was happy, he thought he was going to be called up to play goalie with me. I laughed and said yeah no, now you will change positions to C as we need a stud C. In typical Q fashion he laughed and said okay fine....Then he proceeded to go put up 99 points in his first season and the rest is history.

Congrats again to the Providence Bruins. Well deserved gentleman.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    SlowGazzelle
  6. Fat Grl Hntr

Fat Grl Hntr Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +185 / 10 / -23
    Fuck it. Im a chime in here, this is our parade this is our time, why not? Let me contribute to some content.

Fly guy.. This guy man... Shit.. this guy put up with a lot of BS this year and to this day there is no one I have met or played for that cares more about his team than this guy. Just a little 411 on myself I’m a straight OG in this game rockn OTP in NHL 08 lobbies when I didn’t even have hair on my legs. Having said that, I have played/communicated with just an abnormal amount of players within the community in my time and can honestly say I have never met a more even keeled person than Fly.

What the community really needs to know is, when it comes to team preparation and organization, with the exception of a guy like Lemelin Fly guy is it. The guy is the definition on an LG owner. I just don’t see how Fly would come back and own in the AHL next year with all the vacancies in the N right now just makes no sense. To me he needs to move up. I mean yea hes gonna get attitudes at first, but most owners get that shit anyway -all a part of the turf. But I look at fly as a Buffalo Star type guy – Top guys will give em some grief but he will put out a very competitive team if he chooses to move up and winning has a funny way of making things work in any situation.

My public message to Fly - you are a very talented player/owner, go surround yourself with good players in the N you will do well there. I played 15 games in the N this season and I can confidently say the best players I played with all year were on your team, the foookn Providence Bruins!!! The fooookn Calder Cup Champ Providence Bruins! I mean how many Esport teams and NHL guys did we consistently beat in warmups and mid-week practice? Did we actually ever lose to a team? YOU need to take the next few days to find a really good free GM. Get your scouting hat on, get your spreadsheets out and make the jump.

Now to the rest of all my Bruins – I came in late and just tried my best to be a good teammate and love you all. So much fookn talent on this team I truly feel this exact roster could have fared well in the NHL this season. Our names are on the cup together and will be forever imprinted. You guys did! WE did it! We’re fuckkn champs!!!

RYON- Guys a fookn stud. Full of positive energy all the time, Jays fan to boot. Fookn Love this guy!! Him and Fly were such a good management pairing and I’m honored to have played for you guys.

Quatch – I always considered myself the best looking guy on any team I've ever played on until I saw you. You little Fucker!! Love your game love your energy level and your constructive criticism to your mates during game. Just an overall perfect guy to have on your side.

Scampers/Lotadi/MVP wtv you wanna call yourself these days. Much respect for that shout out on the stream. I honestly thought you were about to give a shout out to Broom. Then I heard my name, I was like.. what? Glad I could help you out bro. You’re a stud and I guess I was the stud finder? In a sense? You played great man enjoy the hype your voice will continue to make me moist.

Bardown Beauty – Been a top dawg at one point in my career, I know how roles work so I’ll never put you on blast or talk back or talk shit, but just know I Fkn hate you. You got in my head and threw me off during the playoff run so I hope you are proud.

No @s read it if ya see it.

CALDER CUP CHAMPS!! #Pushin :team352::flames:

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Fat_Grl_Hunt3r
  7. Scampurs

Scampurs zzz

Discord:
    scampurs#0
    Ratings:
    +130 / 18 / -27
    My ego is about to inflate to the size of the moon after reading this post. On a real note tho thank you for getting me at the deadline and giving me this chance to win not only my first cup, but my first ever banner.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Scampurs
  8. HowToFIFA8

HowToFIFA8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    zee0886#0
    Ratings:
    +438 / 160 / -143
    theres more words in here than my daily shoutbox contribution

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. FLEET GOD

FLEET GOD Retired

Discord:
    FLEETGOD#3126
    Ratings:
    +397 / 13 / -62
    Pain

• Winner Winner x 2
    FLEETGOD1
  10. xCM97x

xCM97x CHL BOG | S45 Marbles & Mem Cup Champ

Discord:
    xcm97x#0
    Ratings:
    +255 / 10 / -26
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Qiono

Qiono McKegg

Discord:
    qiono#0
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    gang

• Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  12. Sumaaa--

Sumaaa-- Washed is the new meta.

Ratings:
    +441 / 22 / -58
    i'm happy for being assigned to your team with one week left. free banner szn

sumaaaaaaaa
  13. TITO JAKS0N

TITO JAKS0N BETTER CENTRE THAN YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE

Ratings:
    +283 / 48 / -68
    Congrats @Fly I25I and @RY0NN
    Still wondering if you've had the parade? I told lg I wasn't giving the calder back last year so I'm wondering what your plans are for a parade :laugh:
    Special shout out to Mike Scott for the help!!
    Go bruins go

No Streaming Account
  14. DRiPPPn

DRiPPPn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Even though I wanted to jump off the closest bridge at times we got it done and thats all that matters. Love all you guys!!!! :team352::team352::team352:

No Streaming Account
  15. Downtown55

Downtown55 Leader of the Cone Army

Discord:
    Downtown55#7746
    Ratings:
    +473 / 50 / -47
    • Like Like x 1
    notdowntown55