Final Week Tier List S42

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by zClmZy, Aug 15, 2022.

1. zClmZy

zClmZy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 8 / -26
    Hey y’all, the AHL has been so devoid of media, so I decided to do a write-up about what i think about each team now vs what i had them ranked at, at the beginning of the season, as well as ploffs maybe. These are only my opinions and some differ, but anyways, without further ado, let’s get into it:

Abbotsford Canucks: E
    Post-Bidding: C+

I didn’t hate this team out of bidding tbh. They had 2 decent/good lines who could win some games. They had absolutely no 3rd line outta the gate which proved to be a big problem throughout the szn. Their turning point or downfall however was Slavxn/Taz quitting on the team which lead to their eventual turmoil.

Bakersfield Condors: B+
    Post-Bidding: B-

I liked their team overall out of bidding, all of their bids were expected imo. Expected their team to be a lot better overall. Anyways, they got a lot ahl buddies and some chl guys coming from their S39 Adirondack team. Their forward core is one of the best in the league imo, but their downfall comes in at D. They made one or two upgrades throughout their season but it wasnt anything drastic. Overall a pretty solid team and season coming from Double and the boys. Looking forward to see their ploff run.

Belleville Senators: D+
    Post-Bidding: E
    Their whole bidding plan just seemed lost out of the gate tbh. They werent given much to work with in preseason. Their management core put in some work post bidding and they made some decent pickups throughout the season. I figured they would be bottom feeders post-bidding which turned out to be somewhat true. If they worked out a plan pre-bidding that didnt involve Shlunker or came up with backup plans they would’ve done much better with their season imo.

Bridgeport Islanders: E-
    Post-Bidding: D-
    Honestly havent really kept up with these guys, but post-bidding they didnt really have a 1st line imo, just kind of a 2nd line and two 3rd lines. Their defense was kind of down bad from the start. They got worse like most bottom feeders do throughout the season.

Charlotte Checkers: A-
    The Checkers are one of a few teams who actually got some trades done this season. Post bidding they had the most mid team i’ve ever seen. During bidding I think they had a notion that pablo and the boys were gonna fall somehow. I’d say they made a couple of pretty solid trades by weeks 2-3. After the N team started to tank, they took full advantage and used N assets “apparently” to acquire the team they have now (thanks Peck!) which is pretty solid imo with a bit of a lackluster d core for the team given the assets they had use of. Nonetheless pretty solid team and they should have a decent run.

Chicago Wolves: F-
    Post-Bidding: F-
    Honestly don’t need to say much here. Just constructed very bad.

Cleveland Monsters: E
    Honestly not a bad team out of the gate tbh. It was pretty balanced in terms of how they spread lines. I don’t know why the previous owners decided to just sell and throw their season away, but they turned an above average team into a bottom feeder in only a few weeks. Shoutout to fullsy for giving his best shot at turning it around, sometimes you cant fix what’s already broken.

Coachella Valley Firebirds: B+
    Post-Bidding: C-
    At the beginning of the season, a lot of their bids and trades had me shaking my head and wondering what they were doing. But Bardsi and the boys definitely turned it around, they built a pretty decent core with what they had made come mid way through the season. I felt like a B+ was a good choice, A- on QC but B- on any other server. They’re one of my surpise teams and dark horse though who could upset some teams and turn some heads.

Colorado Eagles: B+

I love me some frenchy pancake, but one of the more mid teams in bidding. They brought in a collection of chl guys mixed with some experienced guys who just werent working quite well together. Hughes also didnt help much tbf. They made a few good trades throughout the season to bring in 3 lines with chemistry who can perform. (You’re welcome for Kuch btw) I feel like this team will be a hot/cold team in ploffs and will either do pretty decent or fall out immediately. Overall a solid comeback season from Frenchy, Cloudy and the boys.

Grand Rapids: E-
    Post-Bidding: B

I honestly really liked this team post bidding. Moosey and Gbaby are elite dmen as well and a very good group of guys. They had a clear cut 1st, 2nd and 3rd line. I asked Moosey a bit about the team and I think what went wrong was a mix of avail problems and their 3rd line not performing to standards. What really shot them in the foot so to speak during the middle portion of the season was the trades they made for some of their players like Gwizz for example imo and lead to their eventual downfall.

Hartford Wolfpack: B-
    I felt like this was another mid team out of bidding, not a lot of improvement with the core they brought around. I liked some of the trades they made throughout their season and felt like they were slowly improving gradually through up and down weeks. Just too many trades just to make trades. Not a bad season from lefty and false overall, just felt like they could have done a few things better roster wise during bidding on a few of their guys and trading throughout the season.

Henderson Silver Knights: B
    Post-Bidding: A-
    One of the teams i saw out of the bidding that actually was a little scary, good defensive core and a decent forward core as well as a clear cut 1st line. I feel like if anything their team was made worse through trades, I understand the upgrade on Lev and Stephen, but they made their 2nd and 3rd line worse with forwards come end of the season imo. Still not a bad team imo which is why i gave them a B. Honestly probably would’ve given them a B+ but Chi will be in here complaining and exclaiming he has the best “RD core in the league” anyways. LOOOL Expect their first line and defense to carry in playoffs overall though.

Hershey Bears: C/C+
    Post-bidding: B
    Suprised these guys didnt pull off a playoff run tbh. They made rly good bidding decisions and had a good core they built off start. They balanced lines out pretty well to start the season imo, but started changing lines week after week which just isnt the move imo. They seemed like they didnt target their upgrades which for me were pretty clear. Come middle of the season they downgraded pwn and zone who are both studs who could play on most 1sts in my book. I think toxicity in their team atmosphere, some bad ideas and trades lead to their eventual miss of ploffs.

Iowa Wild: E+
    Post-Bidding: D+/C-
    Iowa was one team I was suprised to see had a half decent bidding. I didnt hate most of their bids and held down a lot of their trades. One big trade that lead to their downfall in particular was Chasteen, who didnt want to be there. But for what they got back, I dont think it was worth it. After that trade there was a big dropoff in overall win production. I didnt expect much from Iowa overall, but still gave a fight for a few weeks.

Laval Rockets: A+
    Post-Bidding: A-
    Havent really seen this team make too many changes throughout their season, but they have 3 very good chem lines with a few studs in the mix. A lot of these guys are pub stompers and they play together a decent amount. They’re a very balanced team overall and their forwards are all on the same page. Everyone has a role on the team and knows how to play it for the most part. I can see them going far in ploffs and am looking forward to see their run.

Lehigh Valley Phantoms: B-
    Post Bidding: D+
    Probably one of the most toxic teams I’ve seen out of bidding. Had a mix of scorezy and mxckie out there. Not too much of a dcore also. Havent paid too much attention to these guys, but the team they ended up with isnt bad. Very forward heavy just like the checkers but worse. Should see a 1st or 2nd round exit coming from these guys given their playoff position unless they suprise people.

Manitoba Moose: B-
    Post-Bidding: B
    Honestly havent paid much attention. I’m suprised these guys have done as good as they’ve done this season. They seem like decent players and they have a decent d core with some decent forwards. Don’t hate the team, don’t love it. Didnt really see them upgrade anywhere throughout the season.

Milwaukee Admirals: E
    Post-Bidding: F
    Honestly I thought these guys were gonna be the chicago wolves of the west. They put together one and a half decent lines though, but they should be around where they stand atm.

Ontario Reign: F
    Post Bidding: F-

Honestly the team sucks, ClmZy is a pizzaman and cant make a breakout. Fleet cant make a save or a tier list to save his life. Lapo only trades for his friends and Lup gets his wifi from his local walmart. Overall kind of embarassing. -Kessel (Not doing my own team though on the real LMAO)

Providence Bruins: A+/S-
    Post Bidding: A-/B+
    I actually really liked providence come post bidding. Turts knows the market well and planned accordingly which made his team that much better. One thing i’ll mention is his lack luster 3rd line he built. Just not a lot of offensive strength from those guys. They improved that line a little but not anything crazy considering Turts takes 2-3 business days to reply to any dms. Kind of expected more considering Turts owns the N team too. K6 was waived at deadline but was claimed “apparently” (thanks Peck!).
    Overall good team, powerhouse 1st and 2nd line.

Rochester Americans: A-
    Post Bidding: A
    I really like the team, GK and Norris both have an eye for talent and an overall sense of how the game should be played. I’ve heard a few things about some people on the team, they seem like they downgraded through trades imo through experience of who they got on their team as of now. I still have them in the A tier as I think they have 3 balanced lines and will do well considering their talent and management experience.

Rockford IceHogs: F bc of broom(D+)
    Post Bidding: D-
    I mean… it’s broom guys. Don’t need an explanation. Guy tries to send people his bad players for studs all season. 10/10 tho provided our mgmt discord with lots of laughs sending him to lapo all season long for trades.

San Diego Gulls: F
    Post Bidding: D+
    Honestly a decent management group. They got gifted during RAs twice during the szn with ic3 and -xwillis (a psn guy who somehow got signed up as xdebrincat). I think their big downfall was losing a 5.5M billy to a cap ban as well as some questionable bids. These two mixed together ultimately lead to a last place finish.

San Jose Barracuda: C
    Post Bidding: C-
    Season after season we see the same guys come in and out with them. Was expected to see them do what they did this season. Got a few more guys from nana leagues who are solid like Troc and Sav. Overall just an underwhelming roster.

Springfield Thunderbirds: C-
    Post-Bidding: D
    Kookz seemed like he came into the season pretty unprepared as he decided to take the team with a week left or so. He took a questionable management partner, but seemed as if the team got better overall towards the later part of the season even with a ban or two. Kookz is a good manager/player but planning goes a long way in terms of managing and I felt like this was springfields downfall overall as their bidding was them picking and prodding at different players.

Stockton Heat: S
    Post Bidding: A-
    Sham, Mantz and Ovi are some of the best players the A has to offer. They have a good eye for talent, have good chem and practice a lot. They had a few good returning pieces as well as a lotto pick which turned out to be solid in auh suh dude and developed him into the dman he’s becoming now. During bidding they botched it a bit with a few 3rd line guys bc they’re snakes LMAO. But overall was solid. They have a top 3 team in the league forsure and would have done better in reg szn had they not focused on boosting stats for guys for two or three weeks. Overall a powerhouse squad

Syracuse Crunch: B-
    Although they made a few trades the team doesnt look any different skill wise than when they made it week 1. The top 2 lines are what you’d expect and their 3rd line has been inconsistent whether that’s based on avail or chem. I expect these guys to get first rounded with how they finish out their season.

Texas Stars: C
    Post-Bidding: D+/C-
    Just a very disorganized team this season from eamonn. His team didnt look bad on paper, but too much west connection and a pretty pricetag on the few guys they liked lead to their downfall imo. The team has 1 and a half lines and probably one of the best free contracts on d. Dutch egoing the team after a few weeks also didnt help as well. Unfortunate circumstances mixed with a lapse in judgement during bidding lead to eamonn’s downfall this season as they just couldnt make any big improvements through trades this szn. (Thanks for the carry in west league btw <3)

Toronto Marlies: B+
    Garbage and Rubber ducky make another turn around team. Both of these guys are very good managers and decent players. Ninja is also a stud dman. Anywho, after a struggling start at the beginning of the season, these guys were pretty good at flipping players to get people who are solid. They really have a lot of experience building good squads and it helped tremendously this season with trades. Their management experience and playing their RAs half the szn saved them (thanks gentry and dimitri!) and they built a competitive team come end of season. They should do well during playoffs imo as i dont see them as a 6th seed. Giving this squad a C- in vibes tho for having egos with the names Ducky and Garbage and still getting carried by ninja.

Tucson Roadrunners: B
    Post Bidding: B-
    Another manitoba like team where they were suprisingly another decent team. They have a solid 1st line and decent 2nd. Don’t have much to say besides experience and chem got them to where they are. I’d expect Tucson to have either a 1st or 2nd round exit.

Utica Comets: B+
    Post bidding team wasnt that bad, they got gifted rygerian in RAs. I like the team overall, they have some good pieces but also a few holes that might cost them come playoffs like Fullsend who is a proud pub dunker and a proclaimed cone. Expect to see them out during the 1st or 2nd round.

Wilkes Barre Penguins: C-
    Post-Bidding: D
    With some of the core pieces they had coming back from the previous calder run im suprised they did so poorly in bidding. I’m not sure who was doing bidding but some of their bids were either overpriced or just wasnt gonna end up working. Once they started selling off the previous wbs core they started doing good in getting half decent players who could succeed. Tough situation overall for wbs with a lackluster season. A+ for Roubi and Dave’s vibes in discords tho

Thanks for coming to my TED talk everyone and feel free to ask any questions or talk smack. (Expecting to see two get goods from Garbage and rubber ducky)

• Like Like x 18
    • Winner Winner x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. FLEET GOD

FLEET GOD Retired

Discord:
    FLEETGOD#3126
    Ratings:
    +397 / 13 / -62
    This is a Ratio Attempt

Agreed with Reign tho

FLEETGOD1
  3. zachsnhl

zachsnhl Well-Known Member

Discord:
    zachs2303#0
    Ratings:
    +221 / 11 / -51
    Turts takes 2-3 business days to reply to any dms

LOOOOOOOL this is fax

No Streaming Account
  4. l Mooosey l

l Mooosey l Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mooosey_#0
    Ratings:
    +59 / 3 / -21
    mooosey_
  5. Kookzyy

Kookzyy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Kookzyy#0394
    Ratings:
    +214 / 8 / -15
    ill take it

• Funny Funny x 1
    kookzyyyy
  6. Downtown55

Downtown55 Leader of the Cone Army

Discord:
    Downtown55#7746
    Ratings:
    +473 / 50 / -47
    Sweetlou told fullsend he could dunk in pubs and hes been doing it since

• Funny Funny x 1
    notdowntown55
  7. ChiSouthSiderr

ChiSouthSiderr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    chisouthsiderr#0
    Ratings:
    +881 / 224 / -237
    We are Z tier wtf you talking about

• Informative Informative x 1
    ChiSouthSiderr
  8. Pope Dave ll

Pope Dave ll 113 IQ score

Discord:
    popedaveii#0
    Ratings:
    +355 / 39 / -35
    Vibes > Calder run

• Winner Winner x 3
    popedavell
  9. superchimp99

superchimp99 Bullshit Artist

Discord:
    superchimp99#0
    Ratings:
    +35 / 11 / -32
    Finally someone who knows what they're talking about

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Pwnologistz

Pwnologistz Tyler

Discord:
    Pwn#6589
    Ratings:
    +246 / 29 / -33
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Pwnologistz
  11. SmiTTy x 12

SmiTTy x 12 “Officially UnRetired”

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 63 / -77
    Your a cancer and one the most toxic kids on LG , you were on past your bedtime and it came out that your only a 12 year old kid, and now it all makes sense. You were carried to a 9-0 start, won 4 games the rest of the season after you were traded. Then continued to jump in the party weeks later to spam the party chat. Your so cool man.

Let it go.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    SmittyTV
  12. Frishmania

Frishmania Active Member

Discord:
    Frishmania#7205
    Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -1
    Our 3rd line sure been a roller coaster. I can say I am very pleased I wasn't sent down week 1. In that regard, mission accomplished. <3

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. Kucherov l 86 l

Kucherov l 86 l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0
    kucherovl86l
  14. xxtrimmyxx

xxtrimmyxx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +417 / 3 / -15
    Always enjoy reading and hearing different people's thoughts on teams throughout the league. Well written! Thanks for doing this! :)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account