S45 Team Rankings and Best/Worst Contracts

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by Sham x 19, May 19, 2023.

1. Sham x 19

Sham x 19 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    shamx19#0
    Ratings:
    +204 / 12 / -15
    S45 Team Rankings and Best/Worst Contracts from Bidding

Notes: I don't know the AHL like I used to so don't take this too seriously. This was made before any trades were made post bidding and teams are in alphabetical order in each tier.

[​IMG]

:team2050: Abbotsford Canucks :team2050:
    The Baby Nucks will easily make playoffs and I expect this team to be near the top of the standings all season long. I think this team will be far better then Eamonn's teams have been the past couple seasons after dealing with the ban of his GM last season. I like what Eamonn did in bidding by getting both Doom and BigSave on cheap contracts along with Shack as his third line C. Kreider ending up here isn't a shock to anyone as that is Brehyden's chem winger. I would expect them two to win 18+ games quite easily.

Best Contract: @Doom l93l 1.25 mill
    Worst Contract: @TyrantOfSicily 3 mill

:team515: Bakersfield Condors :team515:
    Bakersfield is probably the early favorite to win the Calder simply due to the fact Knifevet is on the roster, it is hard to bet against Knife and all of his success. Bakersfield in my opinion had a very good bidding and got multiple contracts at a very good price. Ascend at 2.75 is very good considering how bad D bidding was and PPask at 2.25 is also quit cheap for a former 20 win AHLer and Calder winner. I expect this team to be in the fight for the Presidents Trophy and have a deep run in the playoffs if not win it all.

Best Contract: @d Ascend b 2.75 mill
    Worst Contract: @Schwifty7 750k

:team777: Belleville Senators :team777:
    I know Belleville had a very successful season last season but I am concerned about the D core and expect them to not have quite the same success this season. To me it looks like they have multiple CHLers on defense and won't be able to win games 1-0 or 2-1.This team will need lots of goal scoring to win games. Aon Clutch is slightly overpaid but now that he is away from Kessel who was likely dragging him down he might be able to turn it around and have a very solid season for Belleville.

Best Contract: @Matthewsl34I 1 mill
    Worst Contract: @AoN x CLUTCH 7 mill

:team315: Bridgeport Islanders :team315:
    Bridgeport looks like a team full of random players thrown together. Kevinhockey chose to spend the majority of his cap on Krejci and WeddingJUN which I'm sure neither of them are thrilled to be there. I expect this team to go toxic quite fast and likely be towards the bottom of the standings. My suggestion for Bridgeport would be to stack one line and hope they can get some wins as they don't really have enough talent to be spreading it across multiple lines and still winning games.

Best Contract: @Ouellette92 750k
    Worst Contract: @Dazzy x 4 3.5 mill

:team2356: Calgary Wranglers :team2356:
    Calgary had a lot of their cap committed to re-signs so there isn't much to judge them on in terms of bidding. I expect the Shieldzy line to put up 20 wins again and be a very good top line. Calgary chose to go with a very cheap D core having only one D man that was won out of bidding be over 750k. I'm concerned with the lack of depth on this team which I think will have them fighting for a playoff spot. They will need another line to do well behind the Shieldzy line to really have a chance to do any damage in playoffs if they make it.

Best Contract: @Terry x 97 750k
    Worst Contract: @Luffy Qc 750k

:team393: Charlotte Checkers :team393:
    I am going to be brutally honest here and say that I have absolutely no hope for Charlotte. This team has two full lines of CHLers and honestly I don't know why Snipeshow didn't take a CHL team considering he could've basically built the same team down there. It is going to be a LONG season for everyone in Charlotte. The only bright spot on Charlotte is them getting Sleatz at 4 mill which is a little cheaper then he normally goes for.

Best Contract: @l Sleatz X 19 l 4 mill
    Worst Contract: @rifleman10 750k

:team395: Chicago Wolves :team395:
    Chicago will easily make playoffs and I am sure Mantzzy will put up his typical 20+ wins. The third line for the Wolves is a big question mark for me and I am not sure how much success they will have. The Wolves getting Treestone at 2.5 mill is a very good contract as well as Abuckadabra is a very solid D man at 2.5 even though he is not well known at all. My concern for this team will be come playoffs when Ovi no longer has Knifevet to hold his hand and Mantzzy has to win post season games. Moosey will also need to not be taking 5 minute majors in game 7 if this team plans to win it all.

Best Contract: @pasty-vocation80 2.5 mill
    Worst Contract: @Flakes x 73 750k

:team317: Cleveland Monsters :team317:
    I don't hate what Cleveland has done in bidding by getting the duo with Clutch and Barks. I think it might be a little expensive but I like they got some guys with chem. By far the best pickup of all of bidding for Cleveland was Thomas aka Ror. I expect this guy to lead the AHL in scoring and no one has more heart then him, using a protection on a guy like that was a very wise decision as well. In the end though I expect Cleveland to miss playoffs by a decent bit as there just isn't much there to surround Clutch and Barks.

Best Contract: @Thomas l18l 750k
    Worst Contract: @Volt x 3 mill

:team1099: Coachella Valley Firebirds :team1099:
    At the very early stages of bidding Coachella looked like they were doing quite well. I liked that Bardsii got his chem guy in Barky and itsNine was a solid pickup at 750k as well. As bidding went on though Coachella picked up a few tough contracts as well as ended bidding with 5.25 mill in open cap space. The D core on this team for sure took a big hit with having the 5.25 mill in open cap. Bergmen being the highest paid D for Coachella is a tough look considering he has never played defense before and has never even played in the AHL at his main position.

Best Contract: @I itzNine I 750k
    Worst Contract: @Bergmen 3 mill

:team625: Colorado Eagles :team625:
    Firehalomaniac did a better job then I was expecting out of bidding. He was able to get CalderCubs extremely cheap and has Sharp and Mcpluggles back from last season as well. The D core on this team does not look good at all and I think that is going to cause them some issues. I don't know what earned LukeForceWalker a 2.5 mill contract since the last time he was in the AHL he went 8-10-2 as well as fell to the CHL last season. I think there will be defence issues in Colorado which will prevent them from being a playoff team.

Best Contract: @CalderCubs14 2.5 mill
    Worst Contract: @LukeForceWalker 2.5 mill

:team299: Grand Rapids Griffins :team299:
    Grand Rapids looks like a typical Peck and Bartlett team. They got their guys in Papa Clow and Norris for cheap who they have had on previous teams as well. Peck will be looking to not only make playoffs but to finally not choke in Calder finals. The Griffins also picked up xChxvyy17 who seems to have very good psn numbers so he could turn into a steal for them. Overall I expect this team to do well and should make playoffs pretty easily.

Best Contract: @xChxvyy17 750k
    Worst Contract: @PitcheRxSwaGx 1.75 mill

:team314: Hartford Wolf Pack :team314:
    Hartford has an interesting team and most of the guys on their roster I didn't see ending up there. I like the pickup of Elton for top line C as he is coming off a 17 win NHL season and should put up very good AHL numbers. The D core I would say is about average for a team with no free contract on D. Lipari is a very good support guy or role player but 2.5 mill seems like a bit of a overpayment for him. Overall I don't hate their team but I think they will slightly miss playoffs.

Best Contract: @I bndr I 750k
    Worst Contract: @Lipari22 2.5 mill

:team1475: Henderson Silver Knights :team1475:
    Henderson looks like an all friends team to me and we saw how that went last season for Ceel. I am worried this could be a repeat of last season for Ceel Makar and the boys. They got the west coast line of Waysidesaucin, Teal and Velocity along with their chem D in Breag but I don't think they will be anything more then a third line for this team. PeteyMac at 750k is a extremely good contract for Henderson and they have the skill on this team to do well it will just depend on if they can find lines that work well together.

Best Contract: @PeteyMaCx11 750k
    Worst Contract: @breag x 34 750k

:team350: Hershey Bears :team350:
    There isn't too much to say about Hershey. The team turned out just like everyone expected and there wasn't very high expectations for this team going into bidding. Hershey won Clamont for 5.75 mill and then proceeded to not get him a single forward over 1.5 mill. Hershey also somehow managed to be left with 6.25 in open cap space post bidding. This team will be at the bottom of the standings all season long and I would be surprised to see a above .500 week out of them. The only good thing about Hershey is they have Kroby. Kroby may not have the skill but he surely will have more heart then anyone in the AHL.

Best Contract: @I KROBY I 750k
    Worst Contract: @Hughes l4l 750k

:team362: Iowa Wild :team362:
    This is my pick for worst team in the AHL. This is where people will retire and careers will end. This entire team is a mess and everyone has gotta feel bad for Billy who was clearly bid on by OneTeeOvi in hopes he would then take AGM. This team should expect to finish the season with 20 wins at best and there was basically no playoff hopes for this team from the very beginning. Nothing much else to say about Iowa other then that is the team you do not want to be traded to.

Best Contract: @Guentzxl 2.25 mill
    Worst Contract: @OneTeeOvi Free

:team778: Laval Rocket :team778:
    I actually like what Laval has done a lot. Their forward core is arguably the best in the AHL but their D core did take a hit because of that. The D core may become a problem deep in the playoffs but I think the forward core is good enough to still make this a very good team. I expect Laval to make playoffs no problem and if they get a upgrade or two on D they could be a serious threat. Gwizz is a solid D man but they need one more top guy to really make this team a powerhouse.

Best Contract: @blanccccc 1.5 mill
    Worst Contract:
    @McCarty I25I243 750k

:team302: Lehigh Valley Phantoms :team302:
    Lehigh has a decent team all around. I like their goalies and I think Bromidas at 1.25 is a very good contract and he will play above that level. Their bottom two D pairs seem a little weak but the solid goaltending should help with that. Their forward core looks good and they have 3 decent lines. This team will make playoffs but I don't see them making it past round 2.

Best Contract: @Br0midas 1.25 mill
    Worst Contract: @M4CK EH 750k

:team307:
    Manitoba Moose :team307:
    This team looks like the typical team Squadcav builds and will be right in the fight for playoffs. They will battle all season long and be right in the middle of the pack. I think FalseHope is slightly overpaid but it is not a brutal contract either considering how bad D bidding was. I think Manitoba did a very good job of not overpaying players too much and just getting solid contracts. Their D core is cheaper then most teams but I think they got very good value in those contracts.

Best Contract: @The Gr8 Haxby 3.5 mill

Worst Contract: @xFalsexHopex 2.75 mill

:team390:
    Milwaukee Admirals :team390:
    Milwaukee has the one line of Tspoon, Mbell and Ezreal but outside of that I'm not sure who is going to put up wins for this team. I don't like the contracts of ItsWatkins and NYJets at all and I think they would both agree they are overpaid. I think Avoine is a very good choice of goaltender for this team and hopefully he can help steal some games. I am expecting this team to miss playoffs and struggle quite a bit unless some major changes are made.

Best Contract: @o S m i i t t y 750k
    Worst Contract: @ItsWatkins 2.25 mill

:team517:
    Ontario Reign :team517:
    Considering this team had basicallly nothing to build off of coming into the season I think they did a very good job in bidding. I like the contracts of Jenk and Ismashfatties a lot. Garbz is a bit overpaid and is going to be expected to do quite a lot offensively for this team. I like the D core a lot so that will be able to keep them in games but the third line scoring might struggle. This team should be competitive for the whole season and will be battling for a playoff spot.

Best Contract: @Jenk 2.25 mill
    Worst Contract: @Guentz- 5 mill

:team352:
    Providence Bruins :team352:
    Providence has a good core group of guys coming back from last season and for cheap too. Zeus at 1.25 is a great re-sign for them so they had lots of cap to work with in bidding. Unfortunately they were left with 5.5 mill open cap post bidding and their D core is lacking because of it. They arguably have the best goalie tandem in the league and Bigmac at 750k is a bargain considering he normally goes for more around the 2 mill mark. Providence will need the Flames and Fluffy line to have another great season if they plan to make a playoff run.

Best Contract: @TRMC BIGMAC 750k
    Worst Contract: @NinxtyFour

:team312: Rochester Americans :team312:
    Rochester did much better then I was expecting in bidding. Jim at 2 mill might turnout to be a steal and the Rowski and Holtz contracts I like as well. Gronk at 5 mill is expensive but that gives them their game 7 D that can also carry a D pair during the regular season. They have 3 good forward lines and good goalies so this team should be a fringe playoff team and I wouldn't be surprised to see them exceed expectations.

Best Contract: @JI ii IVI 2 mill
    Worst Contract: @xRoyalFlushx911 2 mill

:team349: Rockford IceHogs :team349:
    This team is very good and I expect Duggz to finally make a deep playoff run. Rockford has very good depth on both forward and defense and I like their team a lot overall. Duggz had lots of good re-signs coming back and he utilized that extra cap in bidding very well and built a solid team from top to bottom. He picked up AgnosticClaw in goal who is one of the best goalies in the league to go along with his really strong D core. This team will be hard to beat come playoff time and will be in the race for Presidents Trophy.

Best Contract: @Sampvr 750k
    Worst Contract: @mashle93 4.25 mill

:team518: San Diego Gulls :team518:
    There isn't too much to say about the Gulls either then this is a team you do not want to be on. Calder cup champ Pucky took over the Gulls for this season and bid on lots of players that are not AHL caliber at all. Beast6258 and NotoriousFat are both career under .500 CHLers and I am really not sure what made Pucky decide to bid on guys like this when there was for sure better options available. This team will be a bottom feeder team all season long and will struggle with both a skill issue and toxicity.

Best Contract: @DuuuvaI 3.75 mill
    Worst Contract: @Beast6258

:team519: San Jose Barracuda :team519:
    San Jose did a decent job in bidding to make sure they got their chem guys together. Their goaltending is very good and they have a game 7 D pair with Buz and Grxffon. My biggest question mark with this team was what made them decide to bid 1.75 mill on JuicyHodge. Anyone that knows Juicy knows he loves to straight line right up the middle into multiple people. I am assuming Juicy himself did not think he would be in the A on D again, nevermind at 1.75. Geekie after scrub hunting in the C for multiple seasons finally made the decision to move up. Only time will tell if Geekie is able to live up to that 2 mill contract.

Best Contract: @OvyTheGreat08 750k
    Worst Contract: @spencersewell10 2 mill

:team617: Springfield Thunderbirds :team617:
    I was a little disappointed with a few of the pickups Springfield made in bidding this season. vMvtt and Fly are a bit overpaid and I am not a big fan of the choice of goalies. I am sure Fly would tell you himself that this is a bit of a overpayment. The thing I like about Springfield is the pickup of Trouba Train for 2 mill. Trouba should easily lead the league in hits and make many teams upset with his use of gold shutdown. Overall this team should do well and be a playoff team no doubt.

Best Contract: @TROUBA TRAIN 2 mill
    Worst Contract: @vMvtt 3.25 mill

:team309:
    Syracuse Crunch :team309:
    After winning the Calder last season and bringing back a lot of the guys from that run, you knew going into bidding that Syracuse would likely have a good team. They got multiple good contracts in HazeeHype and Mexican Ninja. I am concerned with the Goonderk contract as he has a history of taking bans and 3.5 mill is a lot for someone who hasn't played since s38. Goaltending could also be a problem for Syracuse considering I don't view either of their goalies as a starter. This is a playoff team and with a couple moves throughout the season could quickly turn into a contender with the chance of a repeat.

Best Contract: @HazeeHype 3 mill
    Worst Contract: @goonderk 3.5 mill

:team300: Texas Stars :team300:
    Texas got their guys in bidding in Hoots and Martinez which I am sure will be apart of the CashedKush and Willis line. Texas has good goaltending but outside of the chem line they don't have much else to form an actual top line. Lagsak at 750k was a good pickup considering he is normally a 60 point scorer. Downtown at 2.5 mill is a overpayment for a third line D man. This D core in general is going to struggle and this team will miss playoffs by quite a bit.

Best Contract: @Lagsak 750k
    Worst Contract: @Downtown55 2.5 mill

:team298:
    Toronto Marlies :team298:
    I know a total of about 3 players on this team so I can't really give my opinion. From what I have heard this team should be decent and be in the playoff race. Laf is the worst contract simply because he is one of the only people I know on this team and any chance to shit on Laf I need to take advantage of.

Best Contract: @VintageTrav 750k
    Worst Contract: @Lafrenyr 1 mill

:team618:
    Tucson Roadrunners :team618:
    I like what Deke did in bidding a lot. He got Worldwide, Lutvi and Huskie on extremely cheap contracts. This team has very good goaltending and depth. They have 3 very solid forward lines and even the third line should put up 15 wins. Deke probably is a bit upset he wasn't able to win Krejci out of bidding and this D core is lacking a little bit because of it. Overall this team is very good and if a trade is made for one more solid D man I see this team being very hard to beat. They will make a deep playoff run and this could be the season Deke finally gets his cup.

Best Contract: @Mr WorldWlde 69 1 mill
    Worst Contract: @Suavocado72 3.5 mill

:team410:
    Utica Comets :team410:
    As much as I hate giving Chi credit his team is one my favorites. Picking a worst contract for this team was very difficult because they don't really have one. PBanc is expensive but I don't mind that contract at all. This team is easily one of the best and is a contender for sure. Their D core is quite cheap but I think they got really good value with Lappy and acute-winger both at 1 mill. Their goaltending is also very good and Utica should make a very deep playoff run and be in it right at the end.

Best Contract: @Svechnyy 1 mill
    Worst Contract: @PBanc 7 mill

:team301: Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins :team301:
    The Baby Pens look like not a bad team out of bidding but to me it seems very random. I am not exactly sure what their lines are going to be but I expect them to still be a playoff team. Perellzy and OVO Ryckman are both very good contracts and are worth much more then they got paid. The Baby Pens have good goaltending and a solid top line C in Schreiny but I don't see them making it past round 2 of the playoffs without some big trades throughout the season.

Best Contract: @OVO Ryckman 1.25 mill
    Worst Contract: @xCENTRULLAx 2.5 mill

• Winner x 34
    • Like x 19
    • Get Good x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Old x 1
    In World of CHEL
    No Streaming Account
  2. VVaGs82

VVaGs82 Mr Irrelevant

Discord:
    vvags82#0
    Ratings:
    +1,503 / 57 / -72
    Thanks for taking the time to do this

• Like Like x 2
    wags82
  3. Kaxnan

Kaxnan Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kaxnan.#0
    Ratings:
    +279 / 20 / -30
    A free contract as worst contract is criminal

• Funny Funny x 4
    No Streaming Account
  4. Scorezeh

Scorezeh Сука

Discord:
    scorezov#0
    Ratings:
    +241 / 151 / -130
    Marlies season

No Streaming Account
  5. MikeyThomas7

MikeyThomas7 Career Pylon

Ratings:
    +195 / 6 / -25
    Man is gonna know these Marlies before it’s all over

No Streaming Account
  6. TheBobbyOrr4

TheBobbyOrr4 Anyone need a pizza

Discord:
    TheBobbyOrr4#2233
    Ratings:
    +1,626 / 73 / -358
    TY sham for the media sir! well written! @Lafrenyr does stink

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Skyhighsms
  7. TheBobbyOrr4

TheBobbyOrr4 Anyone need a pizza

Discord:
    TheBobbyOrr4#2233
    Ratings:
    +1,626 / 73 / -358
    @Sham x 19 also you said that a @TuckltTeal team aka dugz will be tough to beat in playoffs. This was a bad take!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Skyhighsms
  8. TRMC BIGMAC

TRMC BIGMAC BIGMAC

Ratings:
    +83 / 29 / -29
    No Streaming Account
  9. Lafrenyr

Lafrenyr s46 Stanley Cup Champion and Conn Smythe Winner

Discord:
    lafrenyr#0
    Ratings:
    +402 / 25 / -64
    Thank u for the read Sham.

:snake::snake::snake::snake:

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. L U C K T E N

L U C K T E N Well-Known Member

Discord:
    LUCKTEN#8180
    Ratings:
    +22 / 3 / -3
    Great write up! And yes… several changes were made

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    lucktengaming
  11. Trae x8

Trae x8 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trae#0
    Ratings:
    +469 / 37 / -87
    The checkers are better than BobbyOrr

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    In World of CHEL
    Traeee
  12. rifleman10

rifleman10 Recognize

Discord:
    rifleman10#5719
    Ratings:
    +273 / 23 / -44
    I am notable . Lol. Thank you for the write up.

More owners applied for CHL than AHL, this is why Snipe got ownership here.

No Streaming Account
  13. PitcheRxSwaGx

PitcheRxSwaGx Swisscheese, now traffic cone

Discord:
    pitcherxswagx#0
    Ratings:
    +855 / 162 / -77
    Worst contract by 1.5 mil for surreeeee

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    Santaklaus42
  14. Snipeshow72x

Snipeshow72x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    snipeshow72x#0
    Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -5
    Woooo chlers for life! It’ll be funny when charlotte proves everyone wrong =]. Good write up non the less.

• Like Like x 1
    xxDecay72xx
  15. KoltTheBolt45

KoltTheBolt45 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    koltthebolt45#0
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1
    Must not know about me

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. Lipari22

Lipari22 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    lipari#0
    Ratings:
    +21 / 1 / -3
    And here I thought we were friends @Sham x 19 hahah

• Funny Funny x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. DekeoIogist

DekeoIogist Chirp a Day keeps a Shitter away

Discord:
    Deke#6969
    Ratings:
    +1,359 / 242 / -251
    @Sham x 19 deeez nutz! Nah but seriously good write and I only say that cause you rated us high!

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. King Ryne

King Ryne Well-Known Member

Discord:
    KingRyne#1762
    Ratings:
    +154 / 12 / -25
    Good read, thanks Sham!

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    KingRyne