Standings/Predictions after Week 5 Day 1 (Western)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming ECHL (LGECHL)' started by Snipeshow72x, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Snipeshow72x

Snipeshow72x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    snipeshow72x#0
    Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -5
    I debated doing a small write up for a while however I hate doing them as I feel majority don't care...However I'm at work and have nothing better to do this second. Here's a small breakdown of who is doing what and who should move up in standings/stay where they are or move down.

Western

1 ) Fort Wayne Komets - 28-7-5 = 61 Points
    Top Players : @earboyq 9-1-2, 10G,18A, 28pts, +15
    : @Brideau x 74 9-1-2 2G,10A,12pts. +16
    : @Rabb1tx14 17W,10L, .830% 2.20GAA

Leading the charge is the FW Komets. Not only is this team leading the West, but they are also 2nd Overall. They boost an impressive 11-1-5 record in 1 goal games, 7-1-2 in their last 10. This team has 123 Goals For and only 88 Against....88 Against is the lowest in the league....So beating the goalies is a challenge on its own...Before going 0-1-2 in their last 3 games, this team was on a heater winning 8 in a row. @WannaBE Cali , @sonicjoe45 , @Capitals SC these 3 have built a very strong team and I think this team will continue to push for 1st until the season ends. With just 3 Points separating them from 3rd and 4 points up on 2nd (based off division standings) Its easy to see this team going top 3.

Prediction : I personally think this team will finish top 3 in the West alongside Allen Americans and Kalamazoo Wings.

2 ) Allen Americans - 27-10-3 = 57 points
    Top Players : @l RLX l 12-1-0, 15G, 26A, 41pts, +22
    : @UmJonn 12-1-0 0G,19A,19pts +19
    : @King Natzu 13-1-1 .876% 1.93 GAA

Sitting comfortably in 2nd is the Allen Americans. A team Built around 2 Very strong lines and a 3rd line thats been revamped at multiple points in the season. Players like @DangIe Nation , @Fanzy Duck , @DisazterPiece88 are huge reasons why this team is succeeding up front. With strong core Defense from @SupaRiill @UmJonn and new comer @JPW3030 (7-0-0 since being called up) ; have made all the difference for this team. They can grind it out defensively in low scoring games....Or they can outscore you offensively. The weakness of this team has been its 3rd line as they are currently going 50/50 in their games. Allen is currently on a high riding a 7 game win stream going into the Monday evening games. Tough wins against Kalamazoo and Idaho (yes idaho....LOL) have put this team 5 points back of 1st in the West. This team sits 5th overall in the league. They boost the highest GD in the league with a +58. Allen is 15-1-1 in their last 17 games. Team is being ran by @Snipeshow72x @ImdahmerTTV @lxGloryxl

Prediction : Personally as this is my team I strongly feel its 1st or 2nd based off of current standings and players per team.

3 ) Kalamazoo Wings - 27-9-4 = 58pts
    Top Players : @lMalteseFalconl 11-2-3, 27G, 22A, 49pts, +23
    : @ErgyBergi 11-2-3, 1G, 20A, 21pts, +23
    : @jesushaxyou 19-5-4 .873% , 1.95 GAA

Kalamazoo....Having personally played this team last night (winning a hard fought 3-2 OT game); It's no doubt the toughest team I have played all season. Kalamazoo can beat you up front, Defensively, they can win the goalie battles, The team is strong up and down the line up. I strongly feel this team will overtake the Komets for 1st in their respective division. I do however think the back up goalie and certain pieces on its third line needs to be looked at as it is likely the only weakness on this squad. They are 7th in TOA and 4th in Goal Differential. Kalamazoo is currently riding its lowest point on the season....Going 1-5-1 in its last 7... all this after going 12-1-1 in its previous 14. Some adjustments will likely be made as @iFarmerFran @FMC Vizions @iPrice96 are all rather experienced managers at this point in their career. Tough games against Utah and Wichita will surely make a difference for them tonight. They are currently sitting 3rd Overall. And I think this team can continue to close the gap on top 2 Overall.

Prediction : If this team can turn it around I think they can go Top 2 and surpass the Komets. However they need to rebound before they slip in the standings. Top 3 Guaranteed is my prediction with a 50/50 chance of surpassing the Komets.

4 ) Utah Grizzlies - 23-14-3 = 49pts
    Top Players : @HortenseOwl4948 13-3-0, 23G, 11A, 34pts, +14
    : @sixken 13-3-0 0G, 13A, 13pts, +14
    : @King Ellis101 12-5-1 .844%, 2.36 GAA

@OmgItzGainz @PastorGaiins @sixken Have built a strong Utah team. This team has shocked me and has silently pushed up the standings. Going 9-3-1 it its last 13 games, They have surprised others as well. Although i do not think this team can overtake Allen, I do strongly think they are a solid playoff team. The race for 4th to 7th is rather tight with only 4 points separating. This team needs to continue its strong play going forward if they hope to remain top 4 as teams like Kansas City and Wheeling are both a hair away from over taking them in the standings. They have had very strong goaltending this season from duos @CFxRandy and @King Ellis101 ... 95 GA is tied for 5th best in the league. If they can get some better scoring down the road this team can be a serious threat going forward.

Prediction : Personally think this team will finish between 4th - 6th in the West. @OmgItzGainz is a threat offensively every season and knows how to build a strong team.

5 ) Wheeling Nailers - 23-15-2 = 48pts
    Top Players : @Mole11 8-7-1 19G, 16A, 35pts, +7
    : @Fullsend3174 10-4-2 1G, 15A , 16pts, +20
    : @LoadingWin 18-9-1 .868%, 1.98 GAA

@Gbaby Waffles @aCanadianGamer @Fullsend3174 Have been building a solid team in Wheeling. A team that is going above my expectations. This team has been doing relatively well going 9-4-0 it its last 13 games. This team has been making many trades and I fell those trades are for the better. This team is below .500% at home....but On the road they are a whopping 15-6-1. I think this team will continue to rise and eventually overtake Utah for the 4th seed. Some strong moves and some strong management will make for a great squad come seasons end. Keep an eye on Wheeling going forward!

Prediction : Finishes between 4th-5th.

6 ) Kansas City Mavericks - 23-16-1 = 47 Points
    Top Players : @Jxrdan x 9 7-2-2 13G, 17A, 30pts, +4
    : @mowsky2 10-5-1 1G, 15A, 16pts, -6
    : @xXiCb4uCxX 17-8-0 .836% 2.80GAA

As per the Great @bigkahuna03 this team is one of the hottest teams going into tonight's action. They are currently 11-2-0 in their last 13 games. Currently riding off a huge 4-0 night on Sunday, beating some top tier teams like FW Komets, Utah Grizzlies and the Wichita Thunder. @Beauregard03 has turned this squad around from being a rather weak team from weeks 1-2. To being a rather tough opponent come week 5. They are 6th with a PP % of 23.9 which is fairly impressive. They do however need to improve in other areas.... Sitting 21st on the PK, 26th for Shot Differential, 15th of FO % and the scariest stat of all....1st in more Penalties taken with 233 PIMs!! With being 21st on the PK and taking this many penalties its a surprise this team has not lost more games. If they can turn the PK around they can surely win more games. I do see this team on the rise and do think they can fight for 4th-5th seed.

Prediction : I feel this team will move up to as strong as 4th-5th seed.

7 ) Wichita Thunder - 18-13-9 = 45pts
    Top Players : @Pwnologistz 10-5-1 12G, 24A, 36pts, +10
    : @Skizzostone 9-4-3 2G, 12A, 14pts. +5
    : @Ix Mazy xI 11-7-4 .857%, 2.22GAA

Wichita is a bit of a surprise here for me. I feel this team is a breakdown away from being out of playoffs. They are 9th in PIMs and sit in 28th on the PP and 24th on the PK. If they can improve their special teams they could turn some of these 1GG around. 11-3-9 in 1GG...9 OTL is what is keeping them alive right now in the playoff race. If they clean up their special teams this team could easily be top 4-5 instead of being only 4pts up on 9th. @CaseyKiller @Farabuzz @Hey Bomber has their work cut out for them. I think this team needs to help out @Ix Mazy xI a bit more as he has kept them in a ton of games this season. I personally see this team falling out of a playoff spot given their recent play. They have gone 5-5-3 in their last 13 games. With teams like Cincinnati, Tulsa, Toledo and Alaska Slowly closing the gap on 7th/8th; this team needs to find their stride if they are hoping to remain in the top 8 come playoff time.

Prediction : I feel this team falls out of top 8....Finishes 9th unless they figure out their special teams and eliminates the amount of PIMs they take per game.

8 ) Rapid City Rush - 18-16-6 = 42pts
    Top Players : @Fredddy023 - 10-5-1 16G, 22A, 38pts, +4
    : @I JAETEA I - 8-7-1 0G, 13A, 13pts, -8
    : @oNitrate - 15-10-3 .826%, 2.70 GAA

Rapid City is a team that surprises me a bit here. Played them last night and players like @WILKESY l13l and @Fredddy023 are super tough to play against however other members on this team are not up to par. I think @I JAETEA I @AngelicLlama306 @Parmacie have their work cut out for them. I think this team will turn it around and will finish strong. I do not think this team finishes top 6 but could make some noise come playoffs time. Veteran leadership goes a long way and this team has lots of it. They need to step on the gas because as of now they are 5-8-0 in their last 13...Play like this will drop them out of contention quickly however I feel they will rebound and make the appropriate moves before the deadline. They are capable of being a top tier team when they are rolling....But they seem to not reach that level often. More consistent play will see this team succeed greatly.

Prediction : Rapid City rebounds and finishes 7th

I wont touch on the others unfortunately as I am swamped now at work. Enjoy and sorry for the poor write up.
    Best of luck to all this season !

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 4
    xxDecay72xx
  2. Fanzy Duck

Fanzy Duck Well-Known Member

Discord:
    fanzyduck#0
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Great write up !! always fun to read !! thanks for doing this bud !! Some appreciate it !

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. ItsCosty

ItsCosty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    costy0509#0
    Ratings:
    +161 / 1 / -3
    Good stuff! Always appreciate the media!

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Levi I27I

Levi I27I Well-Known Member

Discord:
    epicwxter#0
    Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Good stuff but holy hell I never realized how good goaltending's been this season

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. VeryKnies23

VeryKnies23 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    veryknies#0
    Ratings:
    +126 / 2 / -3
    @earboyq, how much did you pay this guy to sneak in two extra apples for ya?

Thanks for the content. Looking forward to playing you guys again.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Snipeshow72x

Snipeshow72x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    snipeshow72x#0
    Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -5
    e transfer of 50$ did it lol

xxDecay72xx
  7. OmgItzGainz

OmgItzGainz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    omgitzgainz#0
    Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1
    Great read buddy, thank you for the kind words.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Rabb1tx14

Rabb1tx14 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Rabb1t x14#2405
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -2
    Ty for the content my man. Love it and excellent read.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Rabb1tx14