Collusion Detection

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by TIN045, Dec 16, 2013.

1. TINO45CAL

TINO45CAL Warning Group

Discord:
    jfmartineau#0
    Ratings:
    +4,310 / 63 / -145
    We as a community should not let collusion be swept under the rug.
    Collusion should be reported. Telling other players not to scout is Collusion

Calling out Names :

@Boany ( Telling players not to scout because he wants to be the sole bidder. That is player tampering , COLLUSION

This is warning shot to everybody in management, We the community will not tolerate such things. Every team should have a fair shot to every single player.

Players : If you sign up to a 6v6 league, expect to be picked up by anyone, if you planned on playing exclusively for 1 owner, sorry bud thats not how these leagues work.

Question for the community : How can we prevent this from happening and how should it be dealt with ( rules , warnings , removals , suspensions ) ?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    tino45
  2. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,737 / 89 / -327
    2 things to add to this,

Tino brought this to my attention in which I asked him to Bring it to Brodies, Who agreed this is not acceptable and should be made public to discourage.
    2nd - There is voice evidence of the case mentioned above.

3. GolSki6027

GolSki6027 Nujabes

Ratings:
    +874 / 5 / -25
    Warning shot?
    [video=youtube;JMKhvCu5obE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMKhvCu5obE[/video]

GolSkiii
  4. Foote

Foote Well-Known Member

Discord:
    charlesamb#0
    Ratings:
    +780 / 20 / -111
    I'm at a Wendy's Fast Food Resturant and they are playing Drake.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    footenhl
  5. BeRoose

BeRoose Brucey Roosey

Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -4
    Perhaps make it mandatory to scout for a captain if he requests it?

I've def been told to "not scout" a few times in the VHL and other leagues as well. I always refuse the request because I like to set a good example, but this is for sure something that happens on a regular basis.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  6. Sir Riasus

Sir Riasus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0 / -0
    I like Cheetos

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  7. Bobby_Goggles12

Bobby_Goggles12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +632 / 34 / -14
    Get bone'd Boany

I don't see how this is tampering when the player's rights aren't owned by any team. It is a little shady but as someone pointed out above, happens all the time. There are way bigger issues than this. If the player wants to scout, scout. No need to run to the commish because uncle boany told him he was going to bid on him.

X_BoB_SwAGG3R_X
  8. Raynor

Raynor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,492 / 10 / -12
    This should be allowed. That's half the point of scouting to find people that will go for minimum.
    Do you think IRL when you find a good undrafted FA the first thing you should do is go tell the other 29 teams you've found a good player and they should try to steal him from you ?

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  9. Tonyferelli

Tonyferelli Ferelli Brother

Ratings:
    +504 / 1 / -5
    Only real way to enforce something like this is too have mandatory scouting. Which might not be the best as we are approaching Christmas and holidays.

If every player had to play 3 scouting games between now and bidding in order to be eligible for the NHL than it would work to enforce something like this. The way it is now.. you can't really fault either party, what if the player never planned on scouting in the first place? It is slightly shady but to what extent? We have no rules saying players have to scout.

Tonyferelli
  10. LA Kingss

LA Kingss www.twitch.tv/la_kingss

Ratings:
    +222 / 2 / -0
    Boany - You make me sick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. BeRoose

BeRoose Brucey Roosey

Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -4
    I meant enforced scouting in the case of a GM / Owner wanting a look at a player, but that player refusing to scout / pretending they aren't around to ensure their bestie picks them up for cheap.

Then again...do you want a player on your team who doesn't want to be there in the first place?

No Streaming Account
  12. Frog KnightG

Frog KnightG Ser Glenn

Discord:
    ser_glenn#0
    Ratings:
    +356 / 12 / -51
    No Streaming Account
  13. Tonyferelli

Tonyferelli Ferelli Brother

Ratings:
    +504 / 1 / -5
    Hoping with a brand new league that mentality goes out the window haha.

Of course everyone has people they like to play with and who they want to play with, but that is what EASHL is for. We play 6 vs 6 leagues with a bidding system to try and build teams with parity to create a stronger and much more fun environment.

Tonyferelli
  14. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    More S17 drama, nice thing none of this effects the playoffs :roll:

Sevv_09
  15. DTA Today

DTA Today am j0 buddin on nu jerzy

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    olddirtyCHEATER.. these vhl guys come in here and try to run the league.. told u we shoulda just stuck to us LG diehards. #BillBelichick

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    pretty sure the rule book hasn't been posted officially so there for he could argue there is no rules.

Sevv_09
  17. Kodyyy

Kodyyy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,160 / 7 / -4
    It's definitely not tampering as there's nothing to tamper with, and in my opinion it's hardly collusion either. You find a good player, you try to keep him for yourself. The player is free to make up his own mind on what he wants to do. As long as steps aren't being taken to hide that player's identity in some fashion, there's nothing wrong with that.

Mandatory scouting is an awful idea in practice and generally a waste of time. Teams and players both should be allowed to determine how involved they'd like to be when it comes to scouting.

• Like Like x 6
    Melroses_Mullet
  18. LikeaHardPuzzle

LikeaHardPuzzle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +240 / 0 / -4
    I think this is a very tough issue to deal with, I'm just going to throw out some random thoughts / idea's.

1) Players might get screwed if something happens during bidding, and they can't put the bid down they said there were going too. Sucks for the player.
    2) I think this type of behavior should be punished when there is ample proof. Suspension, not allowed to bid on that player, warnings.
    3) I think the more public we go with this kind of stuff, the more deterrent this will be for owners.
    4) Mandatory scouting wouldn't really work, that player could run 6'6 during the games, or just fuck around. You can't make a player try.
    5) Communication is key, I think the PA needs to get involved and discuss scouting and bidding with players so they know their rights and responsibilities a bit more.
    6) Owners need to keep themselves in line. It shouldn't really be 'telling on someone', if its a legitimate issues.
    7) Owners are competitive, and will do what they can whether it is shady or not, so unless we make a specific rule, you can't really judge too harshly.
    8) This is a gentlemans league, we are not in this as owners to make money or anything. So we should try and be held to a certain set of values.

Some of these things my contradict each other, but just making points at the moment.

Puzz Puzz

No Streaming Account
  19. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    It's important for newcomers and relatively unknown players to beware the 'bidding broken promise.' Just because mgmt tells you they are going to bid on you doesn't mean they actually will. Just because one mgmt group says you impressed them doesn't mean you should stop scouting.

• Informative Informative x 1
    brandovedo
  20. StickNick555

StickNick555 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    Mandatory scouting does nothing, all it does is force the player to play shitty for 'x' amount of teams.

Only way to avoid it, and it's weak at best, is the follow PSA:

You scout for one team, let's say in the NHL and they say don't scout. You listen, and then guess what, that team doesn't bid on you even though they 'promised' and then you end up in AHL, when you could have scouted for all NHL teams and got picked up by someone else.

No Streaming Account