Final Week NHL-AHL-CHL Review : Playoffs, Applications, Summer Season, World Cup Of Hockey?!?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by LG-McDonald, Apr 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,039 / 113 / -852
    Final week of the season begins tomorrow night for all three Xbox Leagues. I wanted to take some time to pass on some important Playoff News, Application updates as well as some future info!!

Take the time to read the this post. It will be long but it will address a lot of topics that will take us right to NHL 17 come September!

Playoff Rule Review!!

NHL Playoff Rules
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s22-playoff-rules-nhl.227933/

AHL Playoff Rules
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s22-ahl-playoff-rules.227937/

CHL Playoff Rules
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s22-chl-playoff-rules.227939/

Thoughts on the rules from last season that are currently being reviewed by our Managers at all levels. I've made two modifications already where I removed the "Input Delay Test", which isn't relevant anymore, and I added two lines to clear up some scheduling confusion that state; "Skaters can only play their third game of a series in game seven" and "Goalies can only play their fifth game in game seven". We always seem to have one or two teams whom play a player three times before game seven. I wanted to go back to the basics and ensure that does not happen!!!

If you have any suggestions, hit me up or let your Managers know and they can address the issues.

Application Process

I've started threads for all three levels of Managers come next season. I wanted to address a few topics and make some things public knowledge.

First off the schedule is update!!
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/inde...&page=league_calendar&leagueid=37&seasonid=24

That is for everyone to see and review to know what our plans are for Season 24! Right off the bat you will see the season is only six weeks and runs from June 26th until August 3rd. Then the entire month of August will be playoffs!

If you have holidays planned now you all have an idea of what to expect for our seasonal time lines.

Back onto the management application process I want to discuss a few topics.

First and foremost being Owner selections. I have not yet posed the question to my current S23 Owners in regards to their plans for the season. As we all agree seeing how well this season went, I would love to have a majority of them return. That being said, I realize summer season tends to be a busy time of the year for most and my hopes may not be realistic. When it comes down to finding replacements, the S24 owners will be on an intern base. Season 25 I have high hopes for, and I will want the best owners to be around. Therefore past experience and success will come into a factor for who is eligible to return after season 24. That being said, I've done this before as well, and it turned out great! I was able to bring in @Jay Rulez and @Ehlers x 27 on an try out bases and they both have a cup to show for their efforts. I don't want to discourage members from stepping up to run a team.

Also, so the record is clear, a roster wipe isn't happening between NHL 16 and NHL 17. The owners have been told that I have considered a partial wipe(protected players) but at this time realistically I do not want to dump the rosters. The dump causes issues for our contract system, and it completely down grades our trade system for the summer season. At times it also makes our top tier managers not wish to return and restart from scratch. A lot of good owners have guys on excellent contracts that would carry into NHL 17 and I feel to bring the best Owners back we need to honor that.

That being said, I realize the game at times can be detrimental to our league's quality. Therefore I hope no issues against those whom do not wish to return for summer season.

Also as food for thought among my current Owners, there is no harm in flipping positions with your GM come Season 24. Perhaps one of the two has more time. At this stage in the game and at this level all the good teams work as a unit of three anyways, so it is just a title. Just food for thought!

At the AHL level, we will be continuing the approval system. We feel it made the AHL better this season would like to continue down that road.

For the CHL the goal is to maintain our 48 teams at the LEAST! My ideal situation is to add six teams(two per league) therefore to have some what of a playoff race to each League!

For reference here are the application threads that open May 1st.

Owner
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s24-owner-applications.234553/

AHL Manager
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s24-ahl-manager-applications.234556/

CHL Owner
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s24-chl-owner-applications.234555/

Summer Season Info!!

Calendar for reference

http://leaguegaming.com/forums/inde...&page=league_calendar&leagueid=37&seasonid=24

I already touched on it a bit but I wanted to discuss what the plans are. It is a short season, therefore I want players who sign up to be committed. Keep in mind a two season ban from summer season does make you ineligible for NHL 17.

July is all seasonal play, and August is all Playoffs!

Last season @dityboycom mentioned he wanted more transparency when it comes to what things are changing. Currently on our plates there is nothing that will truly affect our players. The trade request thing I think is irrelevant, and the system is the most fair its ever been. The late sign up issue we can explore at a later date, and game times aren't going to change unless the EA servers allow for a short time between each game.

Currently we are discussing a lot of contract things, in regards to long term resigns, contract distribution to ensure bidding is fair and of course a partial roster wipe for S25.

At the AHL level we are looking at RA restrictions that would not allow Veteran players whom are randomly assigned to play at the NHL or AHL level anymore. We are even looking at the ability to ensure those players don't even get assigned AHL rights. Our main reason is to make bidding matter again, and remove the random luck of the draft which is our assignment system to play a factor in a teams success. I also want guys to sign up on time for NHL or AHL bidding simply to give the truest meaning to each player selected in bidding. The deeper the bidding pool, the better the bidding session will be. That maybe the only true topic that will affect our players. Realistically it comes down to being informed of when the League sign ups are open to, and on myself and our media department @F5 Penguin to get the word out.

At the CHL level we are looking at retention and expansion. How can we accomplish both to further better our CHL experience.

Also some big plans for August on both Consoles that will affect all leagues!

World Cup of Hockey!!!

By now everyone is fully aware that our nations will competing at the World Cup of Hockey come this September. Right now our Development Committee is putting together a World Jr Event for the CHL guys!! We are hoping to have some info up in a few days to further explain that event.

The goal for August is to have a month long World Cup of Hockey LG Event that would see All the PSN players and All the Xbox players compete on their respective consoles to win a gold medal. We will issue all the player of the tournament awards and such.

While this is going on I am hoping the Development Guys ( @Da GeRmAiNiAc @Deceasedgoblin @Development Dad @JmOnEy2436 @Knight l91l @Random Fn Hero ) will be able to run another CHL ONLY World Jr Event!

The hope is to drive up League play and involvement coming into S25 in hopes to bring back some old players to return and play again!

All of this is still in the idea stages, so if you have any ideas let me know!

Thanks for your time, and if you have questions please let me know

-Brodie​

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.