Future Season 6 AHL News *HELLO UTAH*

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by xXLikeABOSSXx92, Aug 13, 2017.

?

What schedule option do you like best ?

1. option #1

2. option #2

3. option #3

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. xPolskaaa--92

xPolskaaa--92 Just at the trap

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    IMG_1647.PNG I was flipping through the XBOX AHL forum and came across this. From @LG McDonald who created a thread . Thought you guys might wanna see this as what Xbox does is what psn will do. Regarding the expansion of Vegas comes Utah.

If you haven't heard yet, Utah will be our 31st AHL team next season. It was decided for the sake of ease, and with the announcement that Vegas is invading LG next season that they would need an AHL team. In the real world, Vegas is apparently sharing the Chicago Wolves which is near impossible to simulate in our league. There has been many talks that Vegas would be moving the ECHL Utah Grizzles to the AHL in future seasons, @Tris10 and I decided we would commit to that change now.

If you haven't seen it yet, there is a public discussion that currently displays a few examples of our new NHL schedule. Some changes that we will experience are adjustments to the schedule. As an example, next season the NHL will have ten games a week. Of those ten games teams ONLY will play nine of those games(the exception is one week to ensure teams get 82 games).

In order for the AHL to follow suit and upgrade to 31 one teams, giving Vegas a direct affiliation, the AHL will also have to endure some change.

The schedule is basically laid out, and now we have to determine what game times do we want for the AHL.

This is where the community comes into play, and I'd like to hear your opinions. Based on my experience and discussing things with the AHL Managers there are only really three possibilities that work:

Sunday 9:30/10:30
    Monday 8:30/9:30/10:30
    Tuesday 9:30/10:30/11:30
    Wednesday 9:30/10:30

Sunday 9:30/10:30
    Monday 9:30/10:30/11:30
    Tuesday 9:30/10:30/11:30
    Wednesday 9:30/10:30/11:30

Sunday 9:45/10:45
    Monday 8:45/9:45/10:45
    Tuesday 8:45/9:45/10:45
    Wednesday 9:45/10:45

Before we get into full on debates here are some KEY BITS of information you NEED to understand about why these times are proposed for you to fully get where we are headed:
    • Thursday games are gone from the NHL as well. Currently the PSN NHL is running without Thursday games which has had nothing but positives reviews.
    • The NEW NHL schedule has game times of Sun(9-10) Mon(9-10-11) Tues(9-10-11) Wed(9-10). That is why we have three AHL times on Monday and Tuesday to line with three games in the NHL.
    • Removing the Thursday game allows you as a player to possible get three games in ONE night, makes it one less day a week you have to be committed to LG games, allows managers one less day where have to organize games, and gives staff one extra day to get weekly duties done. Overall it will be a MAJOR change but a welcomed changed to the community. It also allows LG focus on other events on Thursdays.
    • 30 minutes between games isn't enough time. Many people like the idea have shortening that window but with lag outs and server issues it just isn't an option yet IMO.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As an active member of this AHL community what are your thoughts? What option do you like best(1,2,3)? What questions or concerns do you have?

Please take the time to read this entire thread over before you comment and vote. I am open to any IDEA and suggestions!

Keep in mind that the changes presented fro option 1 and 2 are LITERALLY one game slot a week outta nine.. I am ONLY changing one game slot! The schedule isn't made so I can ask to ensure that teams don't play both of those new times in a single week. As an example, if we went with schedule #1, you WOULDN'T play Monday at 8:30 AND Tuesday at 11:30... it would be one or the other. That is a request I can make.

Thanks for your time!

Be sure to tag me(@LG McDonald) if you have questions!
    -Brodie

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  2. Dangletownsniper

Dangletownsniper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 25 / -47
    I understand it's "for the sake of ease" but the team that's actually being considered to move up to the ahl is the echl team Colorado eagles not the Utah grizzlies. The grizzlies ownership group has also expressed distinct interest in staying in the echl.

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. radicalapex

radicalapex Well-Known Member

Discord:
    radapex#2090
    Ratings:
    +624 / 5 / -18
    Just to bring this to the attention of @Tris10 and @LG McDonald

The Chicago Wolves are officially Vegas's AHL team. They signed a 5-year affiliation agreement back in May. The 31st AHL team, once they expand, with by St Louis's affiliate.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...lves-vegas-golden-knights-20170516-story.html

• Informative Informative x 1
    radapex
  4. Mr-Ziggle-NUTZ

Mr-Ziggle-NUTZ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -4
    option 2 has 11 games :thinking:

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. xPolskaaa--92

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524

For NHL 19 I agree this should be followed . Colarado Eagles signed the contract for the 2018-2019 season. This season of 2017-2018 they can easily just do Utah. Until everything else is all said and done.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  6. LRKrazyLR

LRKrazyLR Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 3 / -3
    those 11:30 games are a killer for people that have to get up early in the morning for work like my self. I get up at 5 AM to leave for work. Just to late to start a game IMO

• Like Like x 1
    LRKrazyLR
  7. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    This was discussed on Xbox side I believe as well. 1130 is awful, games will start at like 1140-1150.

• Like Like x 1
    Nybarisny
  8. xPolskaaa--92

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524

It's better than 10:45 for us , because of ecu purposes

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    TrooperPetterson
  9. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    Yeah that's true but we have so many other players. I don't want to dick a whole league just because of one or two games a week. Idk maybe a no FF rule if the player is in the NHL game?

Nybarisny
  10. xPolskaaa--92

Discord:
    xPolskaaa--92#2360
    Ratings:
    +2,703 / 233 / -524
    That's a good point , but you can't base it off a few players who can't play that late . There a shit tom who prefer later games as well. In the winter time I see clubs and 6s running till 2 am 3 am in week days . You can't tell me this is a big deal , you kids still in school I get it . But half u stay on PS4 till mom comes yelling at you over mic to get off @Polgz-

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    TrooperPetterson