"How To" Improve (PSN) LGCHL - Please Share Your Opinions & Suggestions (Constructively)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Canadian Hockey League (LGCHL PSN)' started by John_SheIdon, Mar 23, 2017.

1. ShikariWarrior4

ShikariWarrior4 New Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Is there a Discord to join? That would be a great way to communicate.

No Streaming Account
  2. DDLoWB

DDLoWB New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think it would be cool if some how we could do line changes. So no less then 6 for the 6v6 but if you could 2 or 3 lines. I understand some teams wouldn't be abe to but it would open up play room for everyone. Maybe the trick to doing so is a TC on every line. Cause most of the time we all know there are more then 6 players wanting to jump in. So even if my team had say 9 players and yours had 15, as long as everyone wants to play there should be no problem. AND GOALIE MUST PLAY ALL THE TIME. Unless league sees it different

No Streaming Account
  3. TheUnusedCrayon

TheUnusedCrayon New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -2
    I know it's not possible in the near future due to interface and whatnot but the EASHL matchmaking engine made the games super laggy, as where drop ins didn't. Made some games unbearable to play. For whatever reason those servers just sucked.

• Like Like x 1
    gandhishotme
  4. TheUnusedCrayon

TheUnusedCrayon New Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 1 / -2
    Also I second the notion of playing the different leagues. It's fun when you play everybody even though it's unrealistic. It seemed last season we played only 6 teams and it got a bit dull.

gandhishotme
  5. DoCJ1gGY

DoCJ1gGY Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I'll contribute here with a few ideas i have :

1: Faceoffs switch : In any competitive hockey league, if a center moves to fast on a faceoff for example, he gets thrown out and winger moves in to take the faceoff, we all do know it's not possible in the game...

But never in my 10+ hockey leagues career, i never seen any center switch forehand to backhand to forhand to backhand like so many centers does, so in my book, centers should be restricted from doing so when playing in the league.

2 : Give more authority to GM's and Owners on enforcing their team rules, too many players trying to dictate who they wanna play with and who they don't want to play with... personally when in management position i like to get my guys ready at least 1 hour before the game, and people who are showing up only 30 minutes prior to a game, not ready for action or anything, more often than not resulting in a bad game flow from this type of individual

Here is an example of team rules i like to implement when in management :

1 : Always be there 1 hour prior to the game, those who will arrive 30 minutes before and less will skip the game and be replaced (Unless warned by the person)

2 : Management select the lines, not the player, so you have to play with the linemates we assign you...

3 : Respect is mandatory towards ALL people of the league

4 : Public drama, griefs and fights will not be tolerated, there is a problem ? An issue with another player or another league member ? Want a trade ? You will have to contact GM or Owner IN PRIVATE. We WON'T answer anything on the public groups !

5 : Most important of all, stay positive, calm and receptive at all times, if it's not to bring anything to the conversation, if it doesn't help or have anything constructive in it, keep it to yourself !!

6 : Have fun

There are some rules in there, that i could get in trouble for enforcing (Rule 1 and 4)

What are your thoughts ?

I also see that there is a lot of concern by the TC's in their usage... What do you guys think if, every team's TC would have seperate tourneys, give them some more chances of being seen...

A similar format of the world cup of hockey could do an interresting set-ups for TC's tourneys that will still, at least, let them see competitive hockey etc..

This type of tourney could result on some ''TC Awards'' where it will be easy for GM's to spot them best TC's out there... I am sure that a monthly tourney could help the league

The owner and GM of the team could name a TC guy that seems to show potential in management and get him to run with them, the TC section, resulting in always forming the future owners / g, of the league, adaptation would be quicker since they already had a crack at some management

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Bulging_twine

Bulging_twine S6 Everett SilverTits Owner Player Development Committee

Ratings:
    +1,257 / 169 / -189

First, I'd like to say congrats to the PS4 side for getting up to 58 teams for chl. That's a HUGE accomplishment from a year ago, when there were only maybe 12-16 teams.

Next, as a reply to this post above, TC development is a huge part of the site. I've had suggestions myself months ago about this, and I think on the xbox side they are moving forward with new plans.

After having discussions with tris10, I got the understanding that the WJC engine was actually design ed for a "tc league" where it has its owner page, game set up screens like the other leagues, but the TC players can sign up for those pre scheduled tc games, but simply clicking on the game match up screen. So, you could use already made clubs for these games, and then use the API system after games are over, to track all of their stats in TC development games, and possibly create a new section on each players profile page that displays their stats there.

The TC page would also have stat leaders, etc. This also helps the owners out. Now they don't have to watch a recording of a game, and can just browse through their tc roster and see who is actively playing tc games and how they have faired. This would generate interest in either calling them up, or maybe could be reached out to by another owner interested in trading for that player to call up.

In the end, the Player will be playing SOMEWHERE. Hopefully this comes to fruition, and the correct dedicated staff are appointed, and not just given to players who just want a purple name or because they are part of the "in crowd". Dedication should always outweigh fame.

• Useful Useful x 1
    bulging_twine
  7. Bulging_twine

Bulging_twine S6 Everett SilverTits Owner Player Development Committee

Ratings:
    +1,257 / 169 / -189

Some good ideas here. The one thing that infuriates me as an owner and trying to set lines every week, is availability. A lot of players will sign up saying goes they can play 6 nights. And you can see this during bidding, so it helps you make a choice better over a guy that can only play 2 nights.

However, a couple things need to change to help usmout.

1. When players sign up, why not have them select how many out of the 9 games can they be avaialible for? If someone says they can play 3 nights, that's not telling touch that they can only do 3 8:30 games.

2. The minimum games signed up requirement to be guaranteed 3 games a week, should be raised from 4. Here is why:

A. This prevents players from only signing of to play vs bad teams.
    B. Holds them to their original availability claim they said when they signed up.

There are plenty of tc guys that want to play, that can play anytime. I think the 4 game rule is allowing players to dictate when they play. Should be raised to 6 games.

• Creative Creative x 1
    bulging_twine
  8. TheGua2dian

TheGua2dian Active Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 2 / -11
    ok i know this one is not as needed as alot of other requests/suggestions but......

is there a way we can add a new feature that monitors the the players picked up on Drafts/and players that are bid on. so there is no guessing . kinda like the NHL draft keeps all names till end of each round of NHL, AHL, and CHL that would make it sooo much easier just to plan our teams as we go and also so we know who we can still plan our CHL teams before we have to change our teams or incase we need to try and recruit more players thanks to our already players scouted players being picked up but if we have to watch the bidding from start to finish just to know who for sure has all been picked up.

i just think a feature like this would make it so much easier for the CHL league to be more prepared for the final stage of bidding a team.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Arnette_RiDeR

Arnette_RiDeR PSN LGCHL Chief Medical Officer

Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -2
    My suggestion to help improve lghl Lgahl and lgchl is to create a utility player position. This position should be granted the ability to play any position on the ice like a gm or owner has. However to limit teams not hoarding these players and other issues each team should be limited to only 1 or 2 utility players allowed on roster besides owner and gm. Now we still need to help grow the d and g positions so by limiting utility players to only 1 or 2 a team and perhaps in chl utility players can only be a player that has already played a season of lghl at some level. This way it will hopefully help create an environment where players are playing their primary position in the league more often than not. Im open to suggestions and modifications to this idea as well. Thanks for the time and forum to allow suggestions and input.

• Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. XX_A_DeBrin_12XX

XX_A_DeBrin_12XX Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -1
    @LG McDonald I was messaging some of the Owners in the discord chat and we came up with an idea for the future bidding. we were talking about creating a way we could create a team private "watch list" prior to bidding. Where in the bid list we could put a check mark if we want to watch them. We were also talking about having some kind of notification system for players that we are watching whether that notification occurs when that player is either bid on or when the player is won by a team. Note the watch list must be team private so other teams are not allowed to view our watch list. Just an idea.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. Arnette_RiDeR

Arnette_RiDeR PSN LGCHL Chief Medical Officer

Ratings:
    +28 / 1 / -2
    Being how this is supposed to be a simulation league and we have rules in place I.e. no diving for puck in O zone, I feel we need to institute a rule for faceoff encroachment and constant hand switching as this is unrealistic and not on the level of a simulation league. I feel to make it fair you may only switch hands once on the faceoff to match whatever your opponent puts down on the ice. This does not mean constant hand switching, or the hand switch right before faceoff for the "ea jump". One switch per faceoff and not as arms moving. Just a bug in NHL 17 seeing too many centermen abuse. I understand @DoCJ1gGY proposed something along these lines as well but feel this is a rule we could implement quickly, easily and fairly.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    No Streaming Account
  12. LHSbrad35

LHSbrad35 AHL/CHL LGCHL PSN Season 6 Prospect (26GP) Platinum

Ratings:
    +49 / 31 / -19
    This may be a little dumb but with all these different sections and rule pages, is there a way to make like a downloadable PDF form with all of the rules and regulations and links together...if that makes sense. I personally like having the rules and such in my personal hands or printed...just an idea.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    srubrad35
  13. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 4th Line Grinder

Ratings:
    +57 / 9 / -23
    I honestly feel that bumping the max games of starting forwards to 4 games would be so nice. It would allow teams that invested big money into stars to better utilize them as well as make it easier for scheduling. As many people are inactive / want to play on specific lines.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    nickyP1999
  14. greatzilla007

greatzilla007 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +178 / 10 / -22
    MAN THIS WOULD MAKE EVERYONES LIVES EASIER BUT IT SEEMS LIKE ALL 3 SEASONS I HAVE PLAYED ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THE NEXT. THIS IS A GREAT IDEA TO IMPROVE LG

• Informative Informative x 1
    greatzilla007
  15. nickyP1999

nickyP1999 4th Line Grinder

Ratings:
    +57 / 9 / -23
    When someone first joins the league during mid season there should be bidding for 24 hours if they have previously played in another league (LGCHL on Xbox and just joining LGCHLPSN, or vice versa) thus giving teams who have a lot of cap space a better chance of picking someone up.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    nickyP1999
  16. quinsrule

quinsrule I've been hanging around. Platinum

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -4
    Agreed, but I think each team should be required to play everyone on the team rostered and TC at least a couple games a week. If not this basically becomes a glorified club. When the same 7,8 or 9 guys are always playing and the rest sit, it is kind of ....why even bother. I just this as great as a community and as good of a job the board has done, there is a little more work that needs done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Canucksfan66420

Canucksfan66420 New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Play more TC's and only their positions that they play and signed up for.

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. jaredrox1103

jaredrox1103 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 7 / -9
    Extensive research on managers. Have past managers train the up and coming new managers so that there is no disconnection between the rules and how to satisfy a team. There are too many managers out there that are power hungry

• Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Canucksfan66420

Canucksfan66420 New Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    The other thing is if you hit a goalie when the play is dead they should get suspended or a fine. And put button somewhere on top so people can get to the dressing room easily and sign up easily.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. TheP1ck6

TheP1ck6 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe adding a ten or 15 team Juniors league would make the season more fun for first year players stuck on a tc roster. The season could start later, have fewer games and be for TC roster players only. Players in this league would not be on an AHL training camp but would still be on a CHL training camp. Maybe just a way to spark interest in the league. Team branding would be hard but I suppose jerseys could be custom made using a simple pre made logo

No Streaming Account