Issue No. 7 — LGFA Extra Time: Attention Turns to FA Cup

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by nubsy004, Jun 23, 2016.

?

Who is your FA Cup favorite?

Poll closed Jun 26, 2016.
  1. Newcastle

19.4%
  2. Manchester United

16.1%
  3. Crystal Palace

12.9%
  4. Leicester City

12.9%
  5. Tottenham Hotspur

9.7%
  6. West Ham United

9.7%
  7. Liverpool

9.7%
  8. Swansea City

9.7%
  1. nubsy004

nubsy004 LGFA Commissioner

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    • Like Like x 2
    nubsy004
  2. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Text versions of stories:

Who can throw the knock-out punch?
    FA Cup elimination round kicks off Monday

By @nubsy004
    LGFA Extra Time Editor/LGFA Access Co-Host

With the league all but over, with Everton set to take the title, attention in the LGFA is turning to the FA Cup elimination rounds.
    Home-away quarterfinal match ups kick off on Monday at 9 and 9:40 p.m. est, with the winner on aggregate moving on. Tuesday's home-away semifinals will be at 8 and 8:40 p.m. est, and the king will be crowned on Wednesday at 8 p.m. est.
    With quarterfinal matchups set, here are my predictions for Monday's games:
    Newcastle vs Swansea
    With the impressive run the Castle has been on, reeling of 15 games without a loss before giving 1-0 decision to Manchester City on Tuesday, Newcastle is a heavy favorite to advance out of this pair of contests. Led by Owner @McCullough l 9 up top, @SP1DERMONK3Y111 in midfield and GM @KCNightshade on defense, not to mention the hottest goalkeeper in the league, @zMayhemIV, in between the pipes, a two-leg victory should come easy. The Castle have five players with more goals than anyone on the current Swansea roster
    The Swans will have to rely on their goal-scoring leaders, @BLACKCOUGA, @VanB Matthias and @K inG x KaNe to have any hope of advancing. @HazardOfEden leads the team in assists, and his passing game will also have to be on point.
    Prediction: Prepare for a Swan dive, 6-1 Newcastle on aggregate.
    Leicester vs West Ham
    A much more level matchup, the Foxes and the Hammers were preseason predictions to be fighting for the title, and other FA Cup teams left will not be sad to see one of them eliminated.
    Leicester is led by @Roon l 44 l and @IMMORTAL BRUCEY with 8 goals apiece, and West Ham boasts @Thibeault x and @Dino523 with 7 and 6 goals, respectively.
    This game comes down to defense and goalkeepers, and the two are split on that as well. @OGG Shadow and @lL A lK lE lead a strong Leicester side, but West Ham has @CKlassen in net.
    Prediction: Just flip a coin, 3-2 Leicester on aggregate.
    Manchester United vs Liverpool
    On the rise in the league table and finishing tops in Group A, Manchester United should come away with this double over a scrappy Liverpool squad struggling in recent weeks.
    United is led up front by @TIMBORULES, @Neomicro and Python x 77. On the liverpool side, @oO Leo Messi Oo, @gordy5567 and @nubsy004 lead the charge.
    While Manchester has relied more on defense and goalkeeping this season than sustained offense, Liverpool has struggled in the back line and goalkeeping department.
    Prediction: Being realistic, 5-4 Manchester United on aggregate.
    Crystal Palace vs Tottenham
    If Crystal Palace doesn't win this home-away, it will be solely because of availability.
    @K inG x NeymaR and @PANDA SwAGGGGG, with a combined 29 goals, run the offense for the Palace, and @iMMuNiiTy and @Fatal Enjoyment, with a combined 21 goals, are on top of the stat board for Tottenham.
    Where the line is drawn is on defense. Crystal Palace in the regular season boasts a +28 goal differential, and Tottenham barley stayed in the positive at +4.
    Prediction: The Palace should run off the Lilywhites, 7-2 Crystal Palace on aggregate.
    Looking ahead, the likeliest of finals scenarios will be Leicester City against Crystal Palace, where a 2-1 or 3-2 game could go either way, depending mainly on Wednesday availability.

Full disclosure: I am GM of Liverpool.

Bottom teams get leg up in FA Cup
    League gives lower seeds 2-goal advantage in knock-out series

By nubsy004
    LGFA Extra Time Editor/LGFA Access Co-Host

In hopes of making the quarterfinals and semifinals of the FA Cup more even-keeled, LGFA Commissioner @Brisan66 said lower-seeded teams will have a bit more of a leg up than in past seasons.
    "Due to the disparity between teams, I am instituting a 2-goal advantage rule," he said. "Lower-seeded teams quarterfinal teams, including Everton, Liverpool, West Ham and Crystal Palace, will be awarded 2 goals at the beginning of the first match of the home-away series. This should ensure a more even, more exciting FA Cup playoffs."
    Managers for the Nos. 1 and 2 seed in each group appealed the decision to LG brass, but the site owners agreed with their commissioner in attempting to create a to-the-wire set of quarterfinal matches.
    Leicester City Owner @SOCCER SM 10, whose team plays West Ham in the quarters threatened to stage an on-field protest if the rule still stands come Monday.
    "This is a clear attempt by Brisan to swing the series in his favor, and I won't have it," he said. "I have English and Russian friends who will make a meal of the field and stadium come Monday, then no one will get to play."
    Brisan rebutted the assault on his character and brushed off the threat.
    "We would beat Leicester even if we started down 2 goals, so the threat is just out of fear in my opinion," he said. "My decision was more for Liverpool, Everton and Crystal Palace. They will all need some help to compete from the showings they've had in the cup games so far."
    Manchester United Owner @Python x 77, whose team finished tops in Group A and faces Liverpool on Monday, said the late rule change is a disgrace to the league.
    "How in the hell is this even possible," he said. "I mean, Liverpoop is Liverpoop for a reason, but giving them a 2-goal advantage right out of the gate is nonsense."
    Liverpool Owner @Th3Whit3Mamba3 declined a response.
    Newcastle Owner McCullough l 9 said his opponent, Everton, has agreed to ignore the new ruling. Everton GM @Killersquirelz corroborated the claim.
    "Me and McCullough made a deal and signed it early Thursday morning at an undisclosed warehouse in Soho," he said. "We are obviously the best teams and whoever wins our series will take it all, so we want to play it evenly."
    League sources say Crystal Palace and Tottenham signed a similar deal, but owners declined to discuss specifics.
    "Fack off with the questions, you wanker," Palace Owner @CreepyKlepto said.
    When called for comment, @LAINGX15 was quick to hang up the phone.
    "Hey Bauer, you hear this bloody mess?" he asked his GM away from the phone receiver. "I'm done with this dizzy moo cow. *Click.*"

Editorial note: Assuming nothing goes wrong with the video, the Starting XI and Power Rankings will be covered in an episode LGFA Access coming later this week.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    nubsy004
  3. zMayhemIV

zMayhemIV Sleeper Pick

Ratings:
    +84 / 4 / -11
    "The hottest goalkeeper in the league" I'm blushing :) haha

zMayhemIV
  4. K inG x NeymaR

K inG x NeymaR Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -15
    King Kane is gonna carry Swansea to the cup.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Neymar999qc
  5. TIMBORULES

TIMBORULES Are you about that Fifa life?

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -10
    Thx for taking time out of your schedule to do this appreciate it

• Winner Winner x 3
    No Streaming Account
  6. A Rusty Rocket

A Rusty Rocket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -11
    7-2 huh

No Streaming Account
  7. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Just calling it like I see it. Go prove me wrong.

nubsy004
  8. A Rusty Rocket

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -11
    I thought losing to us like 4 times in a season wouldn't make you salty, apparently I'm wrong. I also thought since you are ass at fifa you might be alright writing articles, wrong again. Did you even check the head-to-head record between spurs and CP ? We played them 3 times won 2 and lost 1(3-2) and all games were very close and could have gone either way. I am saying this taking nothing away from CP, they did one hell of a job this season. I was only pointing out the disrespect you show out of saltiness or lack of preparation when you write the articles. You were doing previews on home and away games between different teams. wouldn't it then make sense to write about how those teams did when playing each other during the season/cups instead of key players nonsense.

• Dumb Dumb x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Jesus Christ kid. I don't give two hunks of whale shit about how many times you beat my team. To be quite honest, I don't remember what week we played you or what the score was. I do know we only played twice in the regular season, because the schedule is a mirror of itself that flips start of week 3, and once in the FA Cup. I've lost to a lot of teams this season, pretty much everyone still left in the cup. CP beat me 7-1 the other night. And I know you haven't come close to that. I don't even know you, bud, and I didn't even pick my own team to fucking win. But I'm still gonna go at United with everything I got. Also, Playoff games are not like the regular season, so no I didn't look at head to head. In my opinion, CP's best 11 is loads better than your best 11, and you'd better believe they will be coming at you with their best 11 because they want the cup. I looked at some stats, used my knowledge of teams and made a call.

Here's my thing tho, and it's why most media on this site never make it through a full season, is fools like you think shit is all personal. I'm not salty about a damn thing, but you're salty cuz I didn't pick your team to win, or to lose by a lesser margin??? Whatever. So, how about you stfu, be glad anybody wrote shit to start with, have a little respect for the probably 30+ hours of my free and unpaid time I've put into media for the league; then, grab ahold of your pull-ups, put on your booties and go play the games and prove me wrong.

P.S. My 4 goals and 7 assists totally make me ass.

P.P.S. This was fun. Come at me with some sense next time so it's more even.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    nubsy004
  10. A Rusty Rocket

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -11
    Jeez, didnt expect you to write a book. If you put the same effort on writing articles as you put in this reply, maybe they will be more informative. I didnt say anything about us beating CP in this coming cup and I dont disagree that their 11 is better than ours. They are the favorites going into the match up and we will give our best. I pointed out your prediction of 7-2 disrespectful.

P.S Im not your buddy, guy

P.P.S I was told walker stole the ball from you while you were typing this book of a reply.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    No Streaming Account
  11. KC x44

KC x44 LGFA's Peter Vermes

Ratings:
    +206 / 11 / -16
    Oh now would you just piss off? I'm sure he put more effort into this than most people put into the league itself. He by no means has to do this. If you don't like it. Don't read it. Simple as that.

• Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  12. lL A lK lE

lL A lK lE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +486 / 1 / -7
    @Brisan66

"We would beat Leicester even if we started down 2 goals, so the threat is just out of fear in my opinion"

I see you.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  13. zMayhemIV

zMayhemIV Sleeper Pick

Ratings:
    +84 / 4 / -11
    Hahaha getting mad at the fact that you predicted his team isn't as good as the team that's in second place and has arguably the best starting XI in the league. Like it's literally just Nubsy's opinion and he's yelling at you for it

• Like Like x 1
    zMayhemIV
  14. lL A lK lE

Ratings:
    +486 / 1 / -7

Who? Lol

No Streaming Account
  15. zMayhemIV

zMayhemIV Sleeper Pick

Ratings:
    +84 / 4 / -11
    The RustyRocket guy, I just read everything he had said. Not you, you large body of water

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    zMayhemIV
  16. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    You have it twisted. Disrespect is taking what I say personally, then calling me salty and ass at the game, AND THEN saying I don't put enough effort into writing the articles. Sure it was a long reply, but it only took me a few minutes to write, a far cry from the nearly 45 minutes I put into that story itself, plus the time it took me to put all those logos in and make it look snazzy.

I picked Swansea to lose to Newcastle by the same 5-goal difference....where are the "disrespected" Swans raising hell? Here's how I see it: CP is the better team, they take you 3-1 in the first leg. In the second leg, your team starts playing more offensive to make up ground, CP takes advantage and beats you 4-1. That's how cup games go. Lots more pressure, especially going into a second leg in a hole. But good luck. I'd say I'm rooting for you but I don't like to lie.

P.S. I'm not your guy, friend.
    P.P.S. Your P.P.S. was a pretty poor attempt at a troll. Don't know who Walker is or how he would steal the ball from me when I'm not playing? Very confused by that one.

nubsy004
  17. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    I probably laughed harder at this than I should have. Well stated.

nubsy004
  18. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +4,999 / 139 / -217
    @lL A lK lE is probably at most 100lbs soaking wet.

Lokix6x
  19. lL A lK lE

Ratings:
    +486 / 1 / -7
    100? Jeez, you must have never won those games where you guess how many jelly beans are in the jar

• Winner Winner x 4
    No Streaming Account
  20. PsychSmokeBBQ

PsychSmokeBBQ Welcome to Slide Tackle City

Ratings:
    +200 / 13 / -8
    Has it been every week thus far, that somebody gets butt hurt about Nuby's article?? Shit is old already, and makes people look like little whiny twats.

It's someone's opinion, on a virtual FIFA league. Don't let it bother you, he's not trying to insult or hit a nerve on any specific team or player.

Guys get soooo pissed about what he says....almost like he's calling the sky purple.

Guess what????? There are a TON of bad players and bad teams this season. Let that sink in a bit.

If half the time was spent on improving as it is on whining, guys would likely see a significant improvement in their game and their team's results. In fact, I'll argue this season's teams are worse than last season by a good bit. But this season they're staying together instead of folding (which is a great thing). Heck we played Everton and Crystal Palace this past week....top teams for a reason this season, but they're still not very good compared to other leagues we play in. My team isn't even decent either, and of course we're not at the top of the table.

So what I don't get is why are players and teams so concerned about someone predicting they'll lose? I mean, ask around and most people who know the competition in 11s leagues would agree.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Psychsmokebbq