Leafy's AHL Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by LeafyTV, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Leafy

Leafy lg bully buster

Discord:
    Leafy#2854
    Ratings:
    +1,901 / 4 / -10
    RIP LGHL The Magazine

Western Conference

1. Iowa Wild (34-18-2) L10: 8-2-0
    Offense: 9.5
    Defense: 8.5
    Goalies: 8
    Players to Watch: xxlArmy0f0nexx, NYYankees88, TheShockerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I expected the Wild to be good, and after the slow start I definitely had my doubts. They are, The without a doubt, the hottest team in the AHl right now, going 20-6-1 in the past 3 weeks. They clearly have great players at every position getting the job done. They have one of the best top lines in the league with ArmyOfOne, and NYYankees leading the forwards on the team, and being #2, and #3 top scorers in the league. Those two alone will steal games for them. They also added Shocker to the squad, a solid defenseman who has been getting both points and wins. The Wild have the depth to easily roll over some of these teams in the playoffs.

2. Charlotte Checkers (34-16-4) L10: 8-2-0
    Offense: 8.5
    Defense: 8.5
    Players to Watch: Xx LoL xX 9, im just a squid
    This team has really surprised me. Before the season began I believed this team wouldn't be anywhere near the top of the conference, but here we are in Week 6, and the Charlotte Checkers are #1 in the Western Conference. Chief and John have put together a solid squad that is definitely capable of making a nice playoff run. They have many forwards who are greatly contributing with LoL and Chumlee leading the team. The goalie situation for them could be better, but they have decent defensemen who clearly have been stepping up and playing well, which helps keep the puck out of the net. The Checkers are strong, and could grab the Calder.

3. Texas Stars (32-20-2) L10: 7-3-0
    Offense: 9
    Defense: 8
    Players to Watch: Justified l25l, xXx AgentJ xXx, strongjoey21
    The Dallas organization has formed a good team with solid depth, no surprise here. You will always be a successful team when you have forwards like the Texas Stars. The Stars have 6 players with over 40 points. There are no superstars on defense but they all of their defensemen are playing well. Their goalie situation is okay, but could be better. The Stars definitely seem to put up a fight against any team in any game. The playoffs are in reach, and if all goes well, so is the Calder.

4. Lake Erie Monsters (30-21-3) L10: 7-3-0
    Defense: 7.5
    Players to Watch: HatTrickSwayzee, King8eeKilla, DRLFT3R
    After a very slow start to the season, the Monsters are heating up. Their forwards have been having some stellar performances, with depth at all forward positions, and three solid lines. They have have. Their goalie tandem with Big Rig and sacc is average, but the goalies seem to play well enough which is a huge plus. I do think that the Monsters have some challenges ahead, but they’ll pull through and continue to have success.

5. Rockford Icehogs (33-18-3) L10: 5-5-0
    Offense: 8
    Goalies: 8.5
    Players to Watch: xCBx Chuckles
    The Icehogs have cooled off the past couple weeks after a very strong start. They still look like they could be a possible contender, but their production has hit a little bit of a slump since they were in first place. I’m assuming the Icehogs will be making some deals this weekend to pump up their defense, considering that is the weakest position on the roster. Chuckles is still putting his team on the back, just like before. Even though Rockford isn’t as high up in the standings as they were earlier this season, I wouldn’t doubt their capabilities.

6. Abbotsford Heat (31-19-4) L10: 4-5-1
    Players to Watch: Kovyshowqc, Svatos x 40, blackhawk1327
    Many people might say that Abbotsford doesn’t deserve to be at #6, especially because of the week they just had, but they’ve had some recent success. Frankly, I never predicted the Heat to be in the Top 8, but here they are. They have some great scorers, who are close to the top of the league. I don’t expect the Heat to go up in the standings, but they probably won’t fall down either. I believe playoffs are a guarantee for this Heat team.

7.Utica Comets (31-21-2) L10: 5-4-1
    Offense: 7.5
    Goalies: 7.5
    Players to Watch: l Smitty l x21, Insomnist, Schultz x 8
    The Utica Comets has formed a decent team with solid depth. They’ve been fairly consistent, while still maintaining first place in their division for most of the season. The Comets have 1 player with over 40 points, meaning their forwards need some improvement if they want to have a nice playoff run. There have no great players on defense but their defensemen are playing okay. Their goalie situation is average, better goalies could fix some problems. The playoffs are in reach,but the Comets will still have to work hard to get there.

8. San Antonio Rampage (26-25-3) L10: 7-3-0
    Offense: 7.5
    Goalies: 7.5
    Players to Watch: kinklater10, DEL ZOTTO X82X
    The Rampage have been through a lot of struggles from pre-pre-season, up until now. It is amazing to watch them turn their season around and succeed after the many player bans, and management shuffles this team has had. I don’t think anyone anticipated the Rampage to be where they are right now at any point this season. I would like to give recognition to Del Zotto and kinklater for taking over this team and turning them into a possible playoff team. A few fixes at each position and the Rampage will be golden.

The Bottom 8 summaries are 1 word. Interpret them as you wish. Enjoy!
    On the Way Up
    9. Chicago Wolves (28-22-4) L10: 5-5-0 - Slump
    10. Toronto Marlies (25-25-4) L10: 4-4-2 - Better
    11. Hamilton Bulldogs (28-22-4) L10: 4-6-0 - Worse

The Shitshows
    12. Rochester Americans (24-25-5) L10: 5-4-1 - Tanaka
    13. Grand Rapids Griffins (23-25-6) L10: 2-5-3 - Speechless
    14. Oklahoma City Barons (13-38-3) L10: 3-5-2 - Consistent
    15. Milwaukee Admirals (16-33-5) L10: 1-8-1 - Wow

Feel free to comment and/or give feedback. I don't know if I'll continue to write these it just depends on how popular they are. I just figured the AHL forums needed some life.

Trash-talk is encouraged.

*****DISCLAIMER*****
    Power rankings are not supposed to be standings with write-ups. Although the team’s place in the standings still matters, these rankings are primarily based off of the team’s success in the past 2-3 weeks. Basically, don’t be a Whinehog if your team is not where they are in the standings.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
    LeafyTV
  2. Leafy

Leafy lg bully buster

Discord:
    Leafy#2854
    Ratings:
    +1,901 / 4 / -10
    Eastern Conference

1. Albany Devils (37-15-2) L10: 8-2-0

Defense: 9.5
    Goalies: 9
    Players to Watch: XxGiveItToMexX, V RBK Sniper V, ImJeff
    Most of the league predicted Albany to be high up in the standings from the beginning. They have the best defense and one of the best goalie tandems in the league, giving them a huge advantage. Their offensive production is more than enough to support their stellar back-end. GiveItToMe is one the best goalies I've played against this season, and I'm sure he steals games for them. They made some trades this week, changing up the lineup on offense, their weak spot. The Devils' depth is outstanding and they've clearly proven they are a force to be reckoned with.

2. Bridgeport Sound Tigers (38-14-2) L10: 9-1-0
    Offense: 9.5
    Defense: 9
    Players to Watch: PureRippin, Collaton, O canada 0
    Bridgeport's success thus far has definitely caught me by surprise. They have one of the best all-around teams, with their goalies being the weakest spot on the team. Their offense, lead by PureRippin and Collaton, is the best in the league, and they have a good defense to back up those players. Bridgeport is probably the most consistent of the top teams, by being atop the standings for most of the season. The Kitties don't really have any serious issues with their roster, and as long as they just keep doing what they're doing, they'll be Calder-bound.

3. Providence Bruins (32-30-2) L10: 5-4-1
    Defense: 9.5
    Players to Watch: Lucic l96l, greg85w, xxEVILMONKYxx, Leafy;)
    I don't really wanna say much about Providence because it's my team and I don't want to sound biased. Basically, the team has grown a lot since the beginning of the season, and they've made some great pickups to continue improving. There's no real weak spot, and the roster is strong at every position. Staying consistent is gonna be Providence's biggest challenge moving forward.

4. Norfolk Admirals (29-19-6) L10: 7-2-1
    Offense: 9
    Players to Watch: J Bidd, TRAV3RS, ll IrOnCiTy ll
    It has been a fairly up and down season for the Norfolk Admirals, but they're managing to slowly climb up the standings. It's definitely a surprise seeing Norfolk so high up in these rankings, I know I expected them to be in the Bottom 8. It has been a hard fought battle in their division, as the Admirals and Senators are very close in the standings. Norfolk is looking pretty good right now, and their players are stepping up and winning games. If they continue to do this, they'll find success.

5. Binghamton Senators (31-20-3) L10: 5-5-0
    Players to Watch: Chivs01, Tubbyturbo13, Xxscrivens30xx
    The same as I said for Norfolk, Binghamton has had many inconsistencies during the six weeks we've played. I have to give recognition to the management on this squad for being quick to make trades and fix any issues they encounter. They have a great offense, capable of putting plenty of pucks in the net. The defense is a little bit weak, and is most likely the main source of their problems. Scrivens, a CHL call up, has performed admirably for the Senators and I think he's absolutely earned a spot as a starter. As long as Binghamton can continue to be an offensive powerhouse, thy should be okay.

6. Manchester Monarchs (28-26-0) L10: 5-5-0
    Players to Watch: Doc Status, Noobinator156, Spooer69
    Not to be rude, but even though they've had some recent success, I still don't think Manchester is a good team except for a handful of players. Their offense is carried by Doc and Noob, I have no doubts about that. I'm not really sure what's holding their defense up, because most of them are not very good. I got a hatty against them, that should tell you enough. The goaltending situation could be better, but StamToast is a good starter and a solid overall goalie. It seems as though Manchester biggest obstacle will be getting their defense to perform well, which is what's holding them back from being a contender.

7. Portland Pirates (28-20-6) L10: 4-2-4
    Players to Watch: xCROSBYX l87l, faithfirst7, iSnags
    Portland has been a little unstable ever since Dingo left to take ownership, and then they had some management struggles. They still have some great lines on offense, which are keeping them in a playoff spot. They've had struggles on defense and in goal all season and they'll continue to have them unless some changes are made. I don't think the offense will be able to hold up this team for much longer, but you never know what could happen.

8. WBS Penguins (27-23-4) L10: 6-3-1
    Offense: 8
    Goalies: 7
    Players to Watch: Nickoloi, JusTiN x39, A James Hale
    I'm gonna be honest, I don't really know much about this team. This #8 spot was a real tough decision, and WBS earned it because of their amazing week last week. Their team as a whole is decent, and they've played very well recently. Their week spot is their goaltending, with both of their goalies having low save percentages. I don't know what to predict for these Penguins because of the tough competition for these last playoff spots. It's definitely gonna be a tough battle for the Penguins, but I think they are capable of pulling through.

On the Way Up
    9. Adirondack Phantoms (25-22-7) L10: 7-2-1 - Shaky
    10. St. Johns Ice Caps (28-22-4) L10: 6-4-0 - Streaky
    11. Springfield Falcons (27-22-5) L10: 3-7-0 - Inconsistent
    12. Hershey Bears (24-25-5) L10: 4-6-0 - Meh

The Shitshows
    13. Syracuse Crunch (21-30-3) L10: 1-8-1 - Bad
    14. Hartford Wolf Pack (16-32-6) L10: 4-3-3 - Goaltending
    15. Worchester Sharks (11-40-3) L10: 1-9-0 - Goaltending

LeafyTV
  3. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    Before every blows a gasket. Portland is 28-20-6 not 28-10-6. Either way, get fucked Portland. Real standings don't mean shit.

No Streaming Account
  4. Arguee

Arguee Third D-Man .

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Oh boy, I get named player to watch for Charlotte. And bam, traded . ;)

No Streaming Account
  5. O canada 0

O canada 0 I like one timers (:

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Not really sure why Bridgeports defence is ranked lower than Albany's when we have 5 defenceman in the top 15 for points and +\- but alright

No Streaming Account
  6. Smitterr

Smitterr Well-Known Member

Discord:
    smitterr#0
    Ratings:
    +531 / 37 / -46
    Nice Write Up

Smitter24
  7. Doc Status

Doc Status dark stasis

Ratings:
    +504 / 8 / -4
    Because you suck.

Oh and since we're on the topic of Bridgeport I played against a line of theirs that is combined to be +123 and their offense consisted of throwing turds on net and hoping for the best. Defensively they applied a lot of pressure, but when we were able to beat it we consistently had odd man rushes and easy scoring opportunities. They certainly were not bad, but seriously have they been fed third lines all season?

Nice rankings leafy, nice to see someone do actual power rankings and not standings with write ups.

No Streaming Account
  8. ImJeff

ImJeff Five time PLB Champion Platinum

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Good write up Leafs, appreciate that you took the time to do these.

Starwood84
  9. Buz v Swivel

Buz v Swivel Buz

Discord:
    buzonaswivell#0
    Ratings:
    +175 / 12 / -2
    I love seeing specific people rattled... Good write up!:-D And Doc's the man!

Rooting for Iowa to take the West and the Monarchs to make the playoffs!

No Streaming Account
  10. Audacity81

Audacity81 Official Dick Pick Provider of LG

Discord:
    audacity81#0
    Ratings:
    +2,423 / 157 / -262
    Sweet I made the power rankings #1 Shit Show voted by you viewers Thank you boys.

No Streaming Account
  11. Swift2Strike

Swift2Strike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    If someone on your team lags out when playing Bridgeport, be suspicious
    #shady

No Streaming Account
  12. Snipeshow72x

Snipeshow72x Well-Known Member

Discord:
    snipeshow72x#0
    Ratings:
    +146 / 0 / -5
    Arguee dont worry, you'll now be a player to watch on providence lmao

xxDecay72xx
  13. xX Z3NO Xx

xX Z3NO Xx Former 14+ Season Xbox CHL Commissioner

Discord:
    Zeno#9083
    Ratings:
    +2,571 / 54 / -97
    Na. Arguee knows that now that he is here he is a third-liner at best. lol I kid I kid.

xX_Z3NO_Xx
  14. Noobinator156

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha oh man zeno! I forgot how funny you are!

P.S....... Who ever made the code that made all caps messages go lowercase,....... Touché

No Streaming Account
  15. Coach Crass

Coach Crass Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +2,375 / 389 / -316
    Can we get an EDIT; post trade deadline.

Solid job BTW 50x Better that Care Bears write ups in VHL.

CoachCrass
  16. Leafy

Leafy lg bully buster

Discord:
    Leafy#2854
    Ratings:
    +1,901 / 4 / -10
    Thats a damn good third line if you ask me

Yes I will make the changes.

LeafyTV
  17. Noobinator156

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    Also, great analysis on the east leafy. Really good work.

No Streaming Account
  18. Leafy

Leafy lg bully buster

Discord:
    Leafy#2854
    Ratings:
    +1,901 / 4 / -10
    Did you fail your elementary school reading comprehension tests?

LeafyTV
  19. Noobinator156

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    Ummmm that's a touchy subject leafy... I don't want to talk about it right now

No Streaming Account
  20. Leafy

Leafy lg bully buster

Discord:
    Leafy#2854
    Ratings:
    +1,901 / 4 / -10
    Eastern Conference write-ups are finished. The players to watch have also updated because of trades.

Enjoy!

Also, the trash talk in this thread is not impressing me. I think we need to kick it up a notch. Bring out your inner assholeness!

LeafyTV