LGMFL- WR Screen glitch discussion

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by mackay 27, Oct 23, 2014.

1. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    I just wanted to bring this to the leagues attention because i have heard numerous people complain about teams using this and I never really cared because nobody was abusing it but after the last game i played (which was fun and he didnt even get many yards off the play) i want to bring it to the table for everyone to discuss, since he is slated to make the playoffs and so are the others who use the play. also before the people who use the glitch (and yes it is a glitch) freak out and say the play is defendable I want to state to my understanding we are trying to play a sim league. the only reason I have a problem with the play is because people are abusing it and it would draw flags every single time used in a real nfl game for about 4 ineligible receivers down field. for those of you who don't know what im talking about here is the rule.

the problem is the ball is going beyond the line of scrimmage and not behind it therefore should be drawing a flag. there are certain defenses that can stop it but it gets very boring considering the play shouldn't even be in the game.
    @X BoB SwAGG3R X @kushkingkong24

• Like Like x 1
  2. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    ill say this, on the 4 WR, 1TE screen, the WR stays behind the line of scrimmage, also, play man coverage. problem solved. i've played hardcore cheese throughout the years, its all stoppable. This also made my head hurt reading this because the WR is always behind the line on screen passes, just not behind the QB.

Edit: might want to re read mackay's thread about 10 times.

Its_cakes
  3. TheAsceticHope

TheAsceticHope Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    You should at least tag me in this. Spoilers, HE'S TALKING ABOUT ME! And probably [MENTION=4225]Lundqvist 30 NY[/MENTION] as I showed him something I discovered labbing the game the first month or so. Anyone else using it is probably just a smart player IMO.

So it's stoppable for sure as I can stop it. It's annoying? Absolutely, my goal is to frustrate you and out think you. Is it a glitch? No. If you truly believe it's a glitch, then any other route thrown on a screen is a "glitch" as well.

Weird sim league is even a discussion. Plenty of people play like assholes all game, especially in close games.

Two things off the top of my head are:
    -QBs running to the right immediately, the DE can't break the contain fast enough. Maybe Billy god damn Wynn just isn't fast enough for it.
    -That super sweet line drive punt people like to do to get an unrealistic bounce to help negate the awful field position they had.

I'm sure there's more but I've only had 1 cup of coffee today.

Unrelated but funny note, I hear you play for your girlfriend sometimes. So that's cool man. Real sim.

• Like Like x 9
    No Streaming Account
  4. SJUSoccer9

SJUSoccer9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SJUSoccer9#5071
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 10 / -12
    Couldn't agree more with the OP. This is why I refuse to play in these kind of leagues anymore. You get these kids who run the same plays every down every game and they think they're good - idk man ran this WR screen once and it worked so I'm just going to abuse the shit out of it for the rest of the game AND EVERY OTHER GAME THE ENTIRE SEASON. The two losers who run this particular play over and over are boys too so they probably sit in parties together during their games while rubbing each other's dicks and giggling like 10 year olds watching people not being able to adjust to this ~*~* glitch play.

I've watched a lot of games from this league and they're mostly garbage. I even watched whoever has that Cam Newton fellow. That guy runs two plays all game -
    the read option, and what I've seen him refer to as the "readier" option on more than once occasion. He literally just runs these two plays the entire game. I guess there's just no time left to teach Cam a third play since he has the mental capacity of a 4 year old and the user has to dedicate all of Cam's game prep every week to boost his confidence rating from a -32 to a 1.7. I gotta hand it to him though, at least he runs twice as many plays as the WR screen losers.

Some other really cool SIM aspects I've noticed... taking the snap with your QB and immediately sprinting to the right, the classic line drive punt, and my personal favorite - playing for your girlfriend because she's thrown 30 picks and 8 TDs halfway through the season (maybe should try running to the right more). Someone even has 30 TDs with Teddy Goatwater at this point. GOATWATER. Oh wait its that kid who just does the WR screen every goddamn play every goddamn game, nevermind.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 9
    The City: REC lobby
    No Streaming Account
  5. OvenMitts19

OvenMitts19 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,759 / 17 / -26
    Bunch of Marian Gabaronis in here tbh

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  6. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    And to be clear it's not your average wr screen. It is a play that you hot route the wr to a screen behind the offensive line 5 yards down field. I can stop it but we are playing a sim league. If it wasn't a glitch then why has the play never been used in the NFL once

Lol hope is freaking out because he knows he won't win again. The fact u serveyed the game for the play makes it sound even more of a glitch and whats a girl friend I have two tags

7. TheAsceticHope

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    At the end of the day, you're claiming sim league when you'll literally play for another person in the league. You're cheating but you want a sim league. But it's a sim league but you play for another person... but sim league.. but you play for your girlfriend.

lol@freaking out. You stopped this magical glitch play and still lost. Weird. And I didn't "serveyed" anything. I just found formations that I was comfortable in and added onto it. But you can call it "serveyed" I guess.

No Streaming Account
  8. Lundqvist 30 NY

Lundqvist 30 NY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,124 / 4 / -15
    it's a sim league but sprinting out to the right or left like a ~*~* with Manziel every play is sim

No Streaming Account
  9. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    lol 1 guy goes over the line by 2 yards not even involved in the play and it is a flag... Imagine you would have a boat load of penalties if the game worked. [video=youtube_share;edgd2X8keaw]http://youtu.be/edgd2X8keaw[/video]

10. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    Lol look at manziel rushin yards and say that again. I'm not sicka moose, but atleast it is legal if I wanted to do it :). Having the te lead the league in wr stats isn't sim but a NFL team could do it if they want to. Point is you could not do this in the NFL

11. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    And I told you my girlfriend doesn't exist I'm just that much of a loser I need two teams in one league. She is actually 100 percent fictional I nick named my right hand Jessica and my left shaniqua

12. TheAsceticHope

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    So is it alright if I play for other people in this league? Because we haven't touched on that yet. I figured a sim league means you only control your team but I guess that's up for interpretation. I've seen some salty losers, even getting a messages mid game in MUT and what not, this is surpassing those.

I'm willing to help you out though.

http://www.ccalliance.org/donate/index.html

That is a link to donate to a colon cancer charity. I will be donating and I encourage everyone else to donate as well to help this mackay fellow get over the butthurt of losing in a video game.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  13. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    Lol see how his defence of his play is to say I play for my girlfriend then say I'm a sore loser and makes fun of cancer. You aren't making ai lot of points on why your play should Be legal. Personal attacks just show youre a duster that doesn't know anything about football and can't defend your stance. Gg

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheAsceticHope

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    Eh I was told by the guy who runs the league that you playing for your girlfriend is an occasional occurrence. If you want to call him a liar, go ahead. Maybe people don't mind it, I'm not sure. Your girlfriend, who seemed like a nice person, isn't very good at the Madden buttons. So they'll allow you to cheat I guess. This must like the handicap parking of the league or something. At least you're rocking that sweet parking pass.

I personally think there's bigger issues with sim play in the league than just one play that I run. Which is just so boring and easy to stop. Of course, you can disagree but since one of the things I mentioned that aren't sim, you do. Weird. Those were my counter points, but you can't even spell "surveyed" correctly and essentially rape the English language every chance you get. How dare you make fun of rape!

I also mentioned if you want to make that "illegal" than any other pass on a screen would be illegal as well. I've seen other people throw different routes on a screen as they'll see I took it away. Dirty dusting cheaters tbh. Where's the outcry against those people?

Cancers not so bad, you get to wear a hat to school.

No Streaming Account
  15. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    Keep going homie ur not proving anything but yes your correct that would also be a penalty. I'll be sure to sit infront of the kinnect next Game and I'll play with myself the whole game just so you know it isn't me playing

16. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    And you seem educated for a old guy so let's break it down. Your claim is your play isn't an illegal play. Your warrant is there are worse plays that other people run that aren't sim. The data isn't there because you can't find flags on people scrambling or doing line drive punts. Maybe a couple Highlights from Pryor at Ohio state .. No flags.. Where is the backbone to the argument other than I have colon cancer... Gg

ill help you out here is the how to play with Pryor tutorial video @sicka moose 239 here is your playbook in a real game... How unrealistic eh... Lmao

[video=youtube_share;BBognMAW9Es]http://youtu.be/BBognMAW9Es[/video]

17. TheAsceticHope

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    I donated $50 to that charity. Gods speed. Do you have insurance to help cover the cost of surgery to remove the substantial amount of salt that's lodged in your ass as well?

Even the guy who runs the league knows you do it. Gross you keep denying it. Make it illegal, I don't really care. If you want to start putting in rules of things that aren't sim, then there's quite a few things that would need to be addressed. You'll ignore that, but that's alright. I know the rollouts that you, and many others do, aren't sim. At least you don't punt like an idiot, so there's that.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  18. TheAsceticHope

Ratings:
    +457 / 2 / -4
    It probably is illegal in the NFL. I never said it wasn't. I said it wasn't a glitch, as you're allowed to throw to other WRs in Madden. I don't think the QB rollouts are a glitch, nor the line drive punts, they're just overly effective.

There's usually rules in leagues to help cover up some of the games short comings in logic and things of that nature. I don't need to find "flags" of people scrambling, taking advantage of game mechanics, or line drive punts that take advantage of the poor ball physics that negate shit field position. As soon as I see those, I understand what kind of player I'm playing. You're one of those players.

The worst part is you're trying to sound smart and it just looks absolutely terrible. Like I said, if you want to go down the road of making things illegal, then there's several other things that should be addressed.

Also, you do play for your girlfriend. Maybe not every game, maybe just a couple times a season. Either way you do, do it. Swagger even told me. He seems fine with it, so I assume whatever sick glitches I figure out will be fine as well.

No Streaming Account
  19. keso_paghuni

keso_paghuni Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +720 / 1 / -5
    I don't understand this. People say it's a SIM league yet in the NHL if a play was working every time would they stop doing it? You should be able to stop screens in this game, they give you a ton of options on defense. There are so many different ways to try and stop this

1) Man D
    2) Zone D and then hot route one of the zones to man up on the WR that's doing the screen
    3) Add in QB Contain to any set up
    4) There's always the "cover it yourself"

Keso_Paghuni
  20. Perrilyzer1

Perrilyzer1 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Perrilyzer1#2915
    Ratings:
    +600 / 16 / -19
    I once had someone successfully attempt an onside kick while up 10 pts with 2 mins left in the first half. That kinda sucked, i couldnt audible fast enough. Id say thats less "sim" than wr screens tbh. I also agree that line drive punts and unnecessary qb scrambles are also worse than wr screens, especially since ive rarely seen wr screens be very successful.

and how about Lundy, who plays in Minnesota, getting away with NOT PLAYING IN THE GODDAMN SNOW EVERY HOME GAME. ARE WE GOING TO STAND FOR THIS!? Yeah cool, real sim.

Fuckin Joe. Pls. Stahp. Pls. No. Stahp juhkaff

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account