LGRL Playoff Semi Finals prediction thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Rocket League (LGRL)' started by IXI Ein IXI, Sep 24, 2016.

1. IXI Ein IXI

IXI Ein IXI LGRL Commissioner

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4
    Hey Everyone, so to try and bring a little more excitement heading into the Semi Finals I decide to make a prediction thread. This is my first time doing one and I'm not one to try and bash anyone either so if you are looking for any bashing then turn away because that's not what this is.

Massive Shunts vs Prime Visions

Massive Shunts

Led by some of the top point-getters throughout the season, including @Hammer Old, @Torchpowder, and @iDOit4theLolz along with @Scotty Stelene, @meme god x 420, and @Rhyan looking to be the more defensive players for the team. Massive Shunts sports a potent offense that requires a solid defensive strategy to even have a chance to compete with them as 5 of their 6 players are in the top 16 players in the league. Hammer's 81 points this season leads his team by a decent margin. Torch and Lolz come in at 62 and 45, respectively. The team struggled in the last couple weeks of the regular season only winning 58% instead of their regular 75% the first 4 weeks of the season. Hammer, Torch and Lolz will be the line that needs to continue its offensive prowess to make it into the finals as they will be heavily relied upon this round.

This team is solid from top to bottom, even its TC is good enough to be a solid team in it own right. The only problem for them was the fact that they went up against Sharkbait who sadly didn’t have enough players to play a single game last week, so they might be a little rusty to start the series. Luckily they have home field advantage to try and help them start off on the right foot.

Prime Visions

Prime visions has hit its stride right at the perfect time winning 18 of its last 24 regular season games, and sweeping The Trumpsters only allowing 1 goal and scoring 21 goals in 4 games. Veterans @IXI Ein IXI, @iXi MrRager iXi, are joined by newcomers @MutinyLeone, @THEGOONRSPECIAL, @K1NG SW1SHA, and @US 1st COG Drew. As Drew has had problems with being able to make games on a regular basis due to personal issues, it was a concern going in not knowing who would be used in his replacement or how well that person would do, well that answer was @T Jenx and he did very well getting 4 points in his one game last series.

Ein and Mr. Rager look to use their new teammates to push their team further than they did last season and make the finals. While none of the players from Prime Visions stack up against the points from Massive shunts, they work from a defense first mindset and it will be interesting to see if they can keep the high powered offense of Massive shunts off the board.

Prediction

Scheduling will play a large part in this series. The regular season matchups between these 2 teams make it look like it will be great series to watch, with both teams getting 5 wins against each other. Most of Prime Visions wins came in the later part of the season but Massive Shunts had the tie breaker with outscoring Prime Visions 27 to 19. I can honestly say I don’t know who will win this series as I think both teams are very evenly matched, but I do think this series will go the full game 7 and being the best series in the semi finals.

The Ugly Brothers vs Why You Gotta Botch It

The Ugly Brothers

Led by the arguing chatbox oddballs of @Bane Dont Care, and @DR0C, joined by @ded279, @Armoredx InMaTe, @Meeeeesssssiiiii, and @RAMMER HATER. Looking at stats no one person on this team carries as it shows with 7 players from this team being in the top 20. Shows this team is pretty deep but ded and DR0C being the two workhorses if you want to call them that with 61 and 51 pts respectively. They showed that with sweeping The One Hit Wonders outscoring them 19-2. They will need Ded, Dr0c and Inmate to play their best games if they plan to win this series

If they can find a way to contain Llama legend himself it could make for a quick series. That is easier said than done, but it will be fun to see it play out with them having home field advantage its easier to do.

Why You Gotta Botch It

This team has been a bit of a surprise lately, after picking up @Dalilaama in bidding this team became the instant favorite to win the whole thing this season. This team has seem to struggle lately along with dali not playing as much. @howling star 82, @THE APEX VIPER, and @ie Dyl returned to do management again this season and improved on what they did last season along with @ie Gecko, @TRIGGERED KeV, and dali all looking to do the same. Dali and Dyl are the main two players for this team with 90 and 37 pts respectively.If they plan to make it out of this if dali plays minimal games they will need everyone else to step up after it looked like they struggled a little bit last series.

If dali plays more this series it’s very different but going off how much he has been able to play lately this series will be a hard fought one for Botch It.

Prediction

This series is hard to predict as it all hinges on how much dali plays, which is obvious when he is the best player in the league he makes a big impact and leave a big hole when he doesn’t play. In the regular season series Ugly Brothers won 6 of the 9 games outscoring them 22-12. As with the regular season when dali played they were very different games than when he didn't, if he does play more I can easily see this going 7 games, without him I see it going 5. I’m going to give it to the Ugly Brothers in both cases as I feel they have the deeper team.

• Like Like x 3
    LGRL_Official
  2. Bane Dont Care

Bane Dont Care Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +321 / 14 / -16
    Awesome write up!!! Very good read. Looking forward to the games

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. xRoamingxRoninx

xRoamingxRoninx Well-Known Member

Ratings: