* New * LG's NHL 19 Wishlist, What Do You Want To See?

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Nov 18, 2017.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    With NHL 19 marking ten years of EASHL, as a community what do we want to see for NHL 19? Here are some stuff I'd like to see:

EASHL
    • Addition of EASHL Club Challenge for 3v3
    • Adjustment to player builds, ie height and weight etc
    • Practice mode for EASHL return
    • Return of private lobbies, or even "Lobby" where private matches can be hosted.
    • Additional server improvements for issues that have plaque 6s hockey since NHL 12. Issues where players are connected to the wrong server, and the issue where players disconnect in the side select menu where player classes are selected.
    • The ability for LG to host 3rd party eSport Hockey tournaments and events on behave of EA and the NHL.
    • LG logo added to the customization in EASHL
    • Dressing room for 3s and for 6s so you can play both at the same time.
    • Micro transactions added to EASHL in some form to help fund 6s and 3s events.
    • Track new stats to the Player Summary and EA Sports World site like, passes attempted, passes completed, individual passing percentage, PPGs, SHGs, GWGs, etc
    • Record player's stats on a club even after a player leaves said club.
    • Allow clubs to change club names.
    • Add custom rink announcers for EASHL customization.
    • Add full customization so teams can select seat layout, score clock location, entrances. etc.
    Game Play
    • Increase to speed, acceleration, agility and endurance on EVERY EASHL build.
    • Puck pick ups improvements! Especially in situations where using the DSS, the puck comes free and then there is a moment where you can't pick it up.
    • Loose puck pick ups anywhere on the ice where you skater over skates the puck.
    • Poke checks from behind should draw more penalties than it does now.
    • Make goalie more rewarding to play.
    • Remove any auto "skate" movements. The one I see a lot is when your skater is locked into a "skate straight" motion and you can't freely move. This forces you offside a lot!
    • Add the ability to pass out of the "datsyuk deke"
    • Allow the "between the legs" deke to be preformed the same as it was in NHL 17
    • Add the ability to use DSS, and drop to one knee to block a shot at the same time.
    • Add more face-off formations PP,PK,"hail mary" etc
    • Add an endurance meter per player in EASHL so you know how much hustle you have left.
    • Make true broadcast the default camera when you are in the Box, or on the bench for a penalty shot. This would make streaming more visual appealing.

That's all I have off the top of my head, what does your wish list look like?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. l HowieDoo l

l HowieDoo l Pylon here!!

Ratings:
    +1,461 / 57 / -75
    You pretty much nailed the gameplay. Puck pick ups are really the only complaint I really have.

• Informative Informative x 1
    HowieDoo
  3. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    Custom builds and start from scratch

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. Justcause17

Justcause17 Retired Owner/GM/AGM

Discord:
    justcause17#0
    Ratings:
    +85 / 1 / -6
    Increase the size of the club roster. With Active roster and TC’s we are constantly having to kick people to add people. Also, although it makes sense not to as well, have the ability to be a part of more than one club at a time. For non LG users I see where it wouldn’t be as popular but I have friends that cannot commit to LG and I am constantly joining and unjoining clubs.

Justcause17
  5. Anndroo

Anndroo 2 season NHL veteran

Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -1
    Bring back being extra skater as goalie that was out only for a week in NHL 17

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Anndroo
  6. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    That’s a solid idea I never thought of

LeagueGamingOfficial
  7. Anndroo

Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -1
    Before, NHL moved to the Xbox One, you were able to have custom music. I doubt they can ever bring this back because you can't save music on your xbox one.

Have the refs actually have their arms up when there's a delayed offside or a delayed penalty
    It would be nice if you can actually return to the game if you lagged out in club challenge for league purposes. Obviously I think game needs to restart if a goalie lagged out.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Anndroo
  8. VeNOM3O99

VeNOM3O99 Ultra Instinct (Sign) Goalie

Ratings:
    +333 / 29 / -32
    The issue with player agility/acceleration is mostly due to EA lowering the ice friction because they want to make skaters "accountable". But it's overdone. They need to raise ice friction about 10-15%, IMO.

Some Ideas I have for NHL 19:

• Allow users to save EASHL clubs to favorites, maximum of 8 teams, but you can only be active on ONE team at a time. This will save time when having to switch clubs for different LG tiers or even just playing in multiple Clubs.
    • Add Goalie Mask Customization for "Generic" Masks (Base Colors, Trim, Cage, Team Decals).
    • Add Vintage Goalie gear if possible (Vaughn Legacy, Itech, Lefevbre, Aeroflex, Sher-Wood).
    • Speed up the Goalie movements and animations. Post hugging and release needs to be much faster. Save animations need to take the goalie's position in his net as well as where the shot is going in consideration. Raise the goalie's effective save range again (more LIMB saves, less BLOCKING saves). See NHL 14 goalies.
    • Raise Defenseman's agility while skating backwards or lower forward's lateral acceleration with the puck.
    • Customizable Camera Angles
    • Bring back EASHL customization. Remove the grind. Fix the attributes system so that it's not broken (all attributes have to matter). Either give a set pool of points for people to build their own player type, or give small pool of points for each "tier" you achieve that you can use to enhance whatever player Archetype you selected initially.
    • Make Goalie builds have access to different type of saves to make them more unique. Same with Forwards and D-men.

• Winner Winner x 1
    VeNOM3099
  9. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    The return of custom builds is a MUST. They need to return the builds to how they were in say 12-14, I forget if 15 had them or not. Let the boost packs make their return as well, even if they're micro transactions. Just remove the grind for the Legend cards. We all like to have the ability to NOT grind for our EASHL player to compete but we also all HATE the crappy builds that are made for us. The grind for jersey tucks, visors & all is fine. I want my player to reflect how I want him to be, not how these guys think they should be. If I want a small 5'7" speedster or a slow 6'9" heavy hitter, let me choose how I want MY player. That's what made player builds so great in the past.

Like others have mentioned...

Custom goalie helmets would be a nice addition.

When you're a goalie & you pull yourself in any form of an EASHL game, let that player become a forward instead of being replaced by a computer.

Some sort of a raised arm from the ref would be nice to see, maybe a small pic (not too small but but big enough where it can't be missed) of such in the corner of the screen in addition to saying delayed penalty or off sides, whatever.

Bigger clubs, maybe up to 50 members per?

The ability to join multiple clubs without leaving, maybe 3-5 clubs at one time per player?

The rest of the stuff mentioned in the OP I agree with.

Oh, and PLEASE they NEED TO FIX the goalies losing sight of the puck. All 12 players know where it is when it's sitting between the goalies legs just sitting there but the auto animation of the goalie looking around not knowing where it is is super annoying & a manual cover doesn't do anything. He just sits there twitching his head side to side looking for it only for it to be poked in. And while that is said, when a goalie has the puck covered, it shouldn't be able to be poked loose. And also when you're trying to cover the puck 15 times when it's right next to you & you're unable to do anything except going into the cover motion every time.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. x MrLoops x

x MrLoops x #ForceThePass

Discord:
    MrLoops#3606
    Ratings:
    +696 / 20 / -19
    Didn't really read all the comments but I would love if they brought back the ability to create your own build for your online Be A Pro. Grinding for your Legend 3 card, boosts and boosts slot use to give you a reason to play club more frequent. I could care less to grind to prestige for a jersey tuck and mouth guard.

There was much more creativity back then and way more reasons to play.

I also don't mean to be blunt but the game has only been out a little over 2 months and there is already a wish-list in the making. NHL 18 has been the worse NHL to date IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    Lupul_x_19
  11. Breaky

Breaky Glue guy

Discord:
    Breaky#7169
    Ratings:
    +1,003 / 81 / -128
    Give me a reason to play the game. 18 died in less than 2 months

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. ItsWatkins

ItsWatkins LD Shitter

Ratings:
    +82 / 3 / -0
    Copy and paste nhl 14 with updated graphics

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  13. Skitzo369

Skitzo369 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    skitzo369#0
    Ratings:
    +18 / 3 / -10
    custom goalie helmets would be nice for those who love to play goalie

Skitzo369_29
  14. l Matheson l

l Matheson l Cancel

Ratings:
    +250 / 56 / -65
    Suggestions.. OTP Lobbies brought back and GM Connected. puck pick up fixed abit

No Streaming Account
  15. SiIky Johnson

SiIky Johnson Player Hater of the Year

Ratings:
    +484 / 23 / -52
    who are we kidding here, this list would take them 20 years to get half of it back in the game.

take CR out of EASHL

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    silk_stalker
  16. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    For poke checks from behind I think it's their overall effectiveness that needs to be nerfed. Cross body poke checks, or pokes from behind being more frequently called trips is just going to result in more neutral zone circling trying to draw a penalty. One of the frustrations with the game I have is that a defender's legs will knock the puck off my stick, but my legs offer no resistance to his stick when I have what should be advantageous body positioning.

I think the puck carrier speed penalty needs to be reduced as well, rather significantly. Since I don't expect that to happen I'll propose another idea:

Instead of every build being speed locked and all of them suffering the same penalty to speed, the speed penalty should be based around puck control. For example a grinder might be the fastest build without the puck, and able to beat opposing defenders to loose pucks but he suffers a greater penalty to his skating when he carries the puck due to his low puck control. Whereas the builds with better hands might not be as fast in a race without the puck, the dangler for example would have almost no penalty to his speed when he carried the puck up the ice making him far more dangerous if he got a step because the defense couldn't just rely on being able to catch him from behind.

It would require some rebalancing of the builds to account for this, but it would at least be a way of introducing some variance in play style based off how a team sets up their builds.

No Streaming Account
  17. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    My wishlist:

Re-release NHL 10/11/12/13/14/15(360) and put an NHL 19 label on it.

No Streaming Account
  18. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    Someone make this man a gamechanger.

No Streaming Account
  19. Anndroo

Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -1
    Have them get rid of the tractor beam board play.

Anndroo
  20. xMauro4

xMauro4 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xMauro4#8445
    Ratings:
    +56 / 1 / -11
    17 v 17 EASHL with a coach/gm behind the bench (they had coach mode a while ago, where you could only edit lines and strategies)
    with coach mode have it way more advanced so instead of that little line switcher, an actual see-through screen comes up, where you can change certain players in and out of lines and see what works that game.

with this... set powerplay and penalty kill lines can be added and all that extra stuff.

I know people are just going to say players that play 3rd/4th line will just wait till they get on then never get off or some people won't change. and my answer to that is put a feature in where you can instantly bench a player and that certain player forcefully comes off the ice, and then deal with that as you wish once the game is over, maybe even scratch them a game where they have to sit in the press box and spectate the game as punishment

instead of 6 v 6 because then a player that is a 3rd liner in the NHL or whatever league they are in will actually play real minutes.

for example, say the first line is having a tough time against a hard opponent, then you sit them a couple of shifts in order to regain composure and stuff like that, it would almost mimic real-life hockey.

they already have a time on ice tracker so that would work.

plus say some people cant show up for every game, don't put a CPU in... just have it almost like an injury and you have to either double shift players and/or play with 3 lines and however many extra guys kinda like a rotation

also now with this, you can have your player play a legit season instead of 3 games a week, so it almost becomes more of a team game rather than, trying to see what players your opponent plays and having to play a weaker line because of availability.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    xMauro4