LGUHL Round of 16 Predictions

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Vs (LGvs)' started by a Bas3 CaMp3r, Mar 1, 2017.

1. a Bas3 CaMp3r

a Bas3 CaMp3r Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 55 / -68
    1. @Gren vs. @TASMAN1AN DEV1L - Tasmanian Devil is a pretty good leaderboard guy and a reasonably solid lguhl player. This is a mismatch though. He had a 12-8 season, relatively good possession numbers. However he was 1-6 verse guys who made the final 16 with his only win being against TactualWinner. He had 16 GF 30 GA in those 7 games. Gren is very good at all of the cheese. Considering he had over 4 GA in his games against the top 16 and Gren is probably better at scoring than any of the guys he played at scoring I'd expect a lot of goals against.

My expectation is 4-0. 30 Goals for Gren 10 Goals against.

2. @zF LogiCz vs. @Daddy Padre (4-3 Logicz wins)

I don't want to say this was a douchey pick. But this was a douchey pick. Why with the 2nd overall pick you'd pick a guy that was in the finals the season prior and had a pretty respectable season again is a bit beyond me. Maybe Logicz wants to prove a point.

First 4 games in last finals were all 1 goal games. Which Logicz was on the better half of them in 3 of them.

I do think Logicz will take the series. I think it will be tight though and go 7. Logicz is the toughest guy to defend in the league with high rated players. HUT is very beneficial to his game. If Padre had a similar team I think he takes this but the team difference will be too much.

3. @a Bas3 CaMp3r vs. @Malchesky - (4-0 Malchesky wins)

Why? Because hes the man.

4. @Regs84 vs. @PureFiishin (4-1 Regs wins)

There are two guys who seem to get the better of me all year. Regs and Delta Slays. Regs plays an all around good game with strong defence. He won a big series over K1eetus last season and ultimately lost 4-3 to Logicz. I actually think Regs may be my favourite to win this playoffs depending on the team Gren fields.

Fish has had some good lguhl seasons. He hasn't been playing a ton of HUT though. Hes got some questionable losses in the regular season. Fishin and him have played this season and regs won 4-1.

I haven't seen Fish play this season but hes typically been a skill zone, 1-4 master. Regs is good at zone entry though so I don't predict that will be an issue for him to get around.

Fish will get one just because of his trap and holding Regs outside of good scoring opportunities.

5. @JERZ Network vs. @Vargy (4-2 Jerz wins)

Tactual is a vet who has had his share of big playoff series where hes performed at a high level against the best. Hes more of a defensive threat than an offensive threat imo. His season performance was trash. He had 71 GF to 63 GA and in their one season meeting he got curb stomped 8-1.

So why 4-2? Because this is the loffs baby and Tactual ain't gonna be playing the Loffs a 24 pack of beer deep like we've seen him do in the regular season? I believe a few seasons ago he was in 2nd in the regular season and proceeded to lose a staggering 12 games in a row? How do you do that? You get lit and play games.

6. @MeisterEXPLODER vs. @Vargy - (4-1 Meister wins)

Vargy put up good season stats but his history tells me this may be an outlier. The closeness of his last game with Fawn also concerns me about whether he is the real deal. Vargy only had 1 win against a top 16 player. A 7-3 against surpriseme who happens to be the clutchest and most inconsistent player in the circuit. So I'll take that with some salt. He only got 5:24 TOA against Back in Black who isn't a possession player in a 6-5 loss which was his next closest game against a top 16 guy. A couple beatings from Malchesky, Another from Logicz.

Hapscore plays slow enough that probably not a lot of goals will be scored on him due to his possession numbers. Vargy's defence should be good enough that not a lot of goals get scored on him. I'd expect this to be a relative low scoring series.

Meister is probably the most possession oriented player left. He will pass the puck around in your zone till you want to scratch your eyes out and do it effectively. He does tend to shoot from the point rather than generate shots below the hash marks.

One of my concerns related to Meister is his propensity to shoot point one timers. I see this as being a good strategy for winning individual games. I question whether hes gonna be able to pull off the 4 round wins required with his play style. Especially when he matches someone who plays a strong tight point. That will likely be his testing point when he matches a gren or kleetus who will play him high with a strong tight point. With that said no one left is better at possessing the puck.

7. @Woahmack vs. @SurpriseMe22 - (4-3 Surpriseme wins)

I hate to predict this game because both our friends of mine. Woahmack is the best skill zoner in the top 16 aside from maybe Fish. Surpriseme though just gets it done when it counts. See today when he facing elimination vs olyhh. This will be a battle to the death and both these guys will have watery eyes by the time this series ends.

Woahmack - Great defence, Good Offence

Surpriseme - Great offence, Inconsistent Defence, Clutchest player

I think the clutchness will get Surpriseme this series. Anyone who plays surpriseme in the regular season won't understand his clutchness. Hes a dog piss player until it counts. When it counts though he turns it up about 12 notches.

8. @Back in BIack vs. @K1eetus (4-3 K1eetus wins)

Back in Black use to be a stomping block for me and Kleetus in the early part of the year in leaderboards. He had piss poor defence and loved the long shots. He still loves the long shots but hes developed a very effective skill zone that suits his play well and has led to me and Kleety losing multiple games each to him recently.

Kleetus is absolutely struggling. His CS performance was bad. His regular season lguhl performance was piss poor for his standard. But Kleety always comes out to play. This is gonna be high scoring. Both these guys like to get in the zone and let one rip or wrap depending on the situation. They don't set up a ton. Although Back in Black spends some time setting up his point 1T's.

I think the difference here is going to be Kleetus ability to wrap. Hes too good as this move that it will net him an extra goal or two this series that will make the difference.

Back In Black is propensity to take long shots is my other concern. He loves point 1T's like Hapscore which is a great individual game strategy. Not a super effective 4 round playoff strategy as eventually you just dont hit them. It doesn't have the consistency of up tight 1t's, wraps and short sides.

Good luck to everyone. We have some absolutely great matches upcoming. I think this will be a hell of a playoffs! Sorry if I offended anyone. I love you all!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    A_Bas3_CaMp3r
  2. Hapscore

Hapscore Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 1 / -1
    Need a little edit, I am playing Vargy after all!

• Like Like x 1
    Hapscore
  3. Grandma in Urn

Grandma in Urn HUT Champion

Ratings:
    +449 / 38 / -111
    i hate you so much

• Winner Winner x 1
    Malchesky
  4. SaucerMeXerxes

SaucerMeXerxes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    lol I'm pretty sure you confused me with tactual. Also, when I went on that sick losing streak most of it was during the day when I was stone sober...... nevermind yeah I was drunk that's why I lost all those games.

No Streaming Account
  5. ChrisBeezer

ChrisBeezer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +147 / 16 / -19
    GG

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    ChrisBeezer
  6. Fussyyy-

Fussyyy- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    fussy.#0