LGVFA Season Six Info : Vive La France

Discussion in 'LGVFA' started by Starwood18, Jun 7, 2015.

1. ImJeff

ImJeff Five time PLB Champion Platinum

Discord:
    .starwood#0
    Ratings:
    +2,441 / 7 / -8
    Before I begin, I'd like to congratulate [MENTION=8088]Doc Status[/MENTION] on his Champions League victory in Season Five. It looks like had a few close games with Matt in Prime and despite [MENTION=7923]Noobinator156[/MENTION] and my efforts, we were not able to stop the force that was Everton. I'll have more info on the participation trophy in a few days. I wanted to thank all of you who took the time to play out their games. Maxwell and I learned a bunch of things with our first season at the helm and we'll be using those moving forward to try and improve the league.
    [MENTION=8170]Blade mtl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11288]K inG x NeymaR[/MENTION] [MENTION=2710]electrickeeper[/MENTION] [MENTION=7923]Noobinator156[/MENTION] [MENTION=1330]TINO45REAPER[/MENTION] [MENTION=13694]Gaara No Sabaku[/MENTION] [MENTION=13849]Matt in Prime[/MENTION] [MENTION=9430]Rushpac[/MENTION] [MENTION=6396]OTPDHJ Connor[/MENTION] [MENTION=8088]Doc Status[/MENTION] [MENTION=6204]x iP i z z i[/MENTION] [MENTION=11299]Frank QC 96[/MENTION] [MENTION=13676]amT Vendifire[/MENTION] [MENTION=9593]Auto Jets[/MENTION] [MENTION=7163]lx MAXWELL xl[/MENTION]@F5 Penguin [MENTION=7805]Viktomize[/MENTION] [MENTION=13372]o AfC x Niall[/MENTION] [MENTION=13224]PsychSmokeBBQ[/MENTION] [MENTION=13897]Maystroh[/MENTION] [MENTION=13994]HRPaperstax28[/MENTION] [MENTION=14366]SaltyFishBreath[/MENTION] [MENTION=7352]nine10thsof1sec[/MENTION] [MENTION=14069]FISHYburned7[/MENTION] [MENTION=12986]xMidget Prox[/MENTION] [MENTION=6796]NugeTV[/MENTION] [MENTION=13084]MOUNTAIN JESUS[/MENTION] [MENTION=3636]pete magnum791[/MENTION]@KCNightshade [MENTION=12840]ENGchap77[/MENTION] [MENTION=13948]DiverseLeader[/MENTION]

In the next day or two, we'll be switching over to Season Six which will take on a different format than our previous seasons. Judging by the tapering off of player interest at the end of the season, I'm not expecting to have the same numbers that we had going into this number. Instead of doing a multi-league system we'll be sticking with one league which will change from season to season. This season, we'll be playing Ligue 1 of France. Yes, I know you want PSG. Yes, PSG is better than every other team in Ligue 1. One of the things I think that we learned is that at the end of the day, player skill matters. I had a solid team, Noobinator and Maxwell had solid teams, and we lost because we weren't as good as Doc Status or Matt in Prime or Pizzi or Frank QC. Having better players helps to a certain threshold, but after that it's on you, the player.

The Season Six LGVFA Draft

I'll give signups a week or two to populate the league with, and then we'll hold a draft. The draft order will be chosen by a lottery system. How many "balls" you have in the draft (like the NBA) is calculated with the following formula:

72 - # of Points you earned in Season 5

Those who did not play in Season 5 will be awarded 15 entries into the mix, meaning that every team that played last season will have a better chance of drafting higher.

Changes for S6:

1.) Use the site. I can't stress this enough. There was a lot of "well I messaged X and Y and they never responded!". I don't see anything on the site, then I have to bug people for picture proof. It's a giant mess that can easily be avoided. Realize that members of this league are often parts of other leagues whether it be FIFA or Hockey or whatever. There was a lot of "He was online but he didn't join my party!" Coordinate through the site. It's so much easier to plan in advance than it is to fly by the seat of your pants.

2.) We're cutting the season in half. 0 people played all 24 of their games and activity dropped drastically after 4 weeks.

3.) We'll be sticking with three games a week. These games aren't that long, schedule it in advance and don't wait until the last day and you'll see much fewer problems.

4.) Won't be doing a regional cup as we only have the one division.

5.) Will be doing a playoff at the end due to only having 12 games.

If anyone had any other suggestions, feel free to message me personally, I'll be turning everything over and opening up signups in the next few days.

Thanks,

• Like Like x 10
    Starwood84
  2. Doc Status

Doc Status dark stasis

Ratings:
    +504 / 8 / -4
    Looks good, excited to get next season underway. Also might as well give Noob PSG right now because we all know he's going to win the lottery.

I was soooo close to getting them all in. Fuck you Nuge.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. KC x44

KC x44 LGFA's Peter Vermes

Ratings:
    +206 / 11 / -16
    #IWantSt.Etienne

No Streaming Account
  4. DeKeyser l65l

DeKeyser l65l We believe we can win

Ratings:
    +117 / 13 / -13
    I hate to say it my time has been really cut in half so I need to give my spot [MENTION=7358]ImJeff[/MENTION]

Robert22324
  5. Nexy6-

Nexy6- Nexy

Discord:
    Nexy#0006
    Ratings:
    +86 / 14 / -11
    Where do I sign up? [MENTION=7358]ImJeff[/MENTION]

• Like Like x 1
    Nexy6_
  6. FISHYburned7

FISHYburned7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So what's happening with the league?

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  7. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what is going on, but I'm not returning. I'll be picking up PES for my soccer gaming this year.

No Streaming Account
  8. electrickeeper

electrickeeper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Aaaaaand Konami ****s it all up again. So they made me a liar.

No Streaming Account