Nhl 15 eashl gameplay

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Duckheaddodado, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I've talked to some people who are firmly not supporting EA no matter what and will not buy an EA game because of how they've handled this and the lack of support to both versions of games. I respect those people and their choice and would never ask them to buy the game to support the league. This is a small few and we will be here for them when they feel ready to come back.

As for some of the others trying to not spend $60 on NHL but parading around stating they will just play FIFA... I don't care how you justify it, your just trying to convince the league to help you free up your money so you can use it for the other game. You are more guilty of supporting the corporation and their bad business than those who are just buying NHL for the love of the game.

Everyone else applies to E-Rice's post.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    They're two different branches of EA, with separate PR and everything. The EA Vancouver Studios has nothing to do with EA Montreal, the whole boycott NHL thing really applies to EA Vancouver imo. EA Montreal puts out quality Fifa games while EA Vancouver gives us, well, NHL 15. It's not about not trying to spend money, it's about no supporting the branch of EA that made NHL and ran it's PR 6 feet under. EA doesn't sit behind their desk looking at collective numbers they'll go branch by branch like any company and see where they are failing.

iMackie21
  3. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    Nevermind

No Streaming Account
  4. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I know for a fact that you are smarter than that and who makes the corporate decisions of how much resources are given, including enough to hire and double the dev. team if that is what is needed to put out the product.

Rammer himself said they will be working with the FIFA team to learn things they've already learned on the new gen games. So you can pretend its not the same company or you want to send a message but money is money and they are company that looks at the bottom line, making money. If one excels and the other depreciates.......what do they do?

Example:
    EA as a company equals profits for the past two years. FIFA sales and revenue goes up & NHL goes down. The company does a review and see's the NHL has been slowly dropping and fall this current year.

"IF" - people don't convert to another EA game, EA can assume people are just not happy with the decisions they've made with NHL and blame themselves.

"IF" - they see other sales go up and are still profiting the same across the board. they can assume NHL is not important and people have just lost interest and move on to their more popular games. "We can afford to cut NHL" because people will just start buying the others.

It could also come out on paper that the cut of workers and services come out to be more profitable of a gamble then hoping "every NHL player" will buy another EA game as a replacement of NHL. (no clue really).

5. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    The NHL14/15 vote was exactly like the 360/One vote. Tris/LG wanted to get a sense of what the community thought and then used what they learned/read to make their decision. If 360 had more votes than the One by as close as the 14/15 vote was, Tris still would have made the call to go to the One and there wouldnt be as much hoopla as we are seeing now. To be honest, I bet the league would have lost the same amount of players by going to the One for NHL15 (if there were OTP lobbies), than choosing whichever game LG will play on for S19. It's not just about keeping as many members as possible, it is also about future growth.

Unless like 85% of the LG community voted and/or gave the personal opinion on a thread, there is no way knowing how staying on 14 or moving to 15 will affect this league. All we can ask is for the higher ups is to listen to valid points by people who are willing to give them and then have them make a final decision. As far as I am concerned, they have/are doing that.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  6. Follisimo

Follisimo Two-Way

Discord:
    Avalanchian#3515
    Ratings:
    +113 / 5 / -17
    Rhapsodical
  7. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Your point of view is correct, but in any company different areas are going to work together and get different budgets, clearly NHL learned nothing from the Fifa team though with how NHL 15 turned out (them fans though.) However, I never said they weren't the same company, just they were different branches. You're correct in your example area however, IF NHL fails hard this year I don't think they'd cut it with the money they make off it and the fact it's the only NHL game out there. They'd look at the reaction the fans took on social media, and the most logically decision would be to replace the dev. team and replace them with a qualified person to lead them. The current team paid more attention to the small details rather than actual gameplay, like we need to see the announcers for 3 seconds before each game, or the NBC logo, or fans taking selfies and eating popcorn.

Like you said they could just cut NHL, I doubt they would but it's a possibility. Most people already buy Fifa because it's a good game and has been for a while. Either way Brodie and crew decided to take it to NHL 15 so deuces see you all next year, I'm off to LGFA and an NHL 14 league.

iMackie21
  8. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    To skip to the point, I agree with you that I don't think EA would cut NHL after this year even if sales were zero. They know they made bad choices and would at least man up to that and give it another year.

9. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    Sevv_09
  10. Shuck and Jive

Shuck and Jive Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    All this talk about how much better fifa is.....didn't they just finish putting out the exact same game two years in a row?

No Streaming Account
  11. Greb

Greb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +770 / 62 / -55
    "It's the exact same"

NHLGrebby14
  12. drew13btv

drew13btv Well-Known Drew

Ratings:
    +105 / 1 / -2
    They are in fact still making a game where you play soccer. The President addresses the country this evening and fails to mention that this happened on his watch. I bet FIFA 15 will also be a soccer-based game. Terrible.

Anyway, more examples of 6v6 EASHL.

[video=youtube;n6yKQNm07kg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6yKQNm07kg&list=UUUf-_csiWYY7cSZ4q--InZg[/video]
    [video=youtube_share;8c_MWveL6hg]http://youtu.be/8c_MWveL6hg[/video]

drew13btv
  13. Big Fifty

Big Fifty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +536 / 1 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  14. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    EA Forums have been giving me a good laugh during the launch of NHL 15 on next gen.

Here are the living crowds that Rammer and company worked so hard and are so proud to have produced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwOrdsnFTSs

Gotta love seeing more Buffalo Sabres jerseys than Hawks jerseys in Chicago.

• Like Like x 4
    BLicK1252
  15. Big E DeLong

Big E DeLong Grrrrr

Ratings:
    +27 / 3 / -4
    That vendor bit was pretty damn funny.

BTW...after 5 games played on NHL 15, the two biggest SMFH moments are...

1. How could they not have at LEAST fixed the goalie fight glitch where the challenge just flashes in the corner? and...

2. They've actually reverted back to spending the rest of the game in the box on game misconduct calls. Really?

Other than more realistic puck bounces and different hitting mechanics, it really is just NHL 14.1. Didn't want to believe it, but its true. EA should be ashamed of themselves for this release. Only bought it to play LG, and start fresh on the journey to Legend 3. So I'll see you boys on the ice!

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  16. cowboysmack

cowboysmack el sueño de crema

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    was lucky enough to get my copy used on wed haha thanks ea

No Streaming Account
  17. AppleWizard47

AppleWizard47 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +799 / 50 / -65
    I help run a pet company and would love to have some of you as customers. I could sell "10 pound bags" of dog food that only have 5 pounds of food in them and sell them to you at full price.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  18. Gary Garoo

Gary Garoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,906 / 18 / -49

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  19. MattTheCoolCat

MattTheCoolCat Well-Known Member

Ratings: