* New * NHL 18 Beta, 6v6 Experience

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 28, 2017.

1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,039 / 113 / -852
    Give me your thoughts on how EASHL 6v6 plays currently in the beta.

If you have suggestions please post them. If you have video links to support you ideas post those as well!

My thoughts thus far;

1. It feels a bit clustered. Not enough space either to the players being too big, the rink being to small, or the skaters being too slow to create space.
    2. Overall still supports a relatively competitive atmosphere.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. Hxndry

Hxndry 1/1

Discord:
    Hxndry#7500
    Ratings:
    +1,025 / 51 / -102
    need custom builds back lol. but #1 pretty much is my main concern with 6s.

• Like Like x 2
  3. HitByTheBest95

HitByTheBest95 Calder Cup Champion #2020Admirals

Ratings:
    +240 / 27 / -30
    I agree customs builds for sure other than that 6s is perfect for me.

HitByTheBest95
  4. Anndroo

Anndroo 2 season NHL veteran

Ratings:
    +41 / 1 / -1
    I want to be the extra attacker when playing goalie

• Like Like x 2
    Anndroo
  5. xFiore91x

xFiore91x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I have never seen so many goals go in before with so much goaltender interference lol. I lost count on how many times our goalies have been crushed and its counted.

Also the puck pickups are pretty bad for both teams, been several times where both teams players have done circles around the puck while it just stays still not being able to be picked up!

No Streaming Account
  6. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    The players are huge and combined with the strength of defense right now make for a pretty uninteresting game. Player models seem massive compared to 17, combine that with the glacial turning speed and the ease of playing defense and right now it's going to be another year where any 5 idiots can stand around and play effective defense without having to actually do anything. I think the effective range for intercepting the puck needs to be reduced a bit, trips need to be turned up a bit, losing the puck for no reason needs to be reduced, and obviously game speed needs to be ticked up a good amount.

Pick ups are still fucked, you'll skate over a loose puck with nobody near you and 30 seconds later you'll reach back and fish a loose puck out of 2 players with one hand while going full speed.

It's nice that goalies are getting beat by shots, it adds a bit to offense that they might have to take a few steps off the goal line, but the amount of goals that are sliding under them when they're in butterfly seems high.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. DamilkMan596

DamilkMan596 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -2

I think it's hilarious that the second defensemen can actually stop players from effortlessly gliding through 5 players to setup a cross crease 1T everyone gets all salty. Here's a newsflash, this isn't an arcade game. It's supposed to be a simulation... Players rarely beat defensemen outright 1v1 in real life. Learn to pay attention to the lanes the defenseman is taking away and play real hockey. Gliding around with the puck on your backhand at full speed and stride deking isn't hockey. Skating straight into a defenseman's stick and not losing control of the puck isn't hockey. Every year it's the same, "oh playing defense is too easy EA PLS NERF"... leading to every game finishing 18-12.... that's not real hockey.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. BullBreed333

BullBreed333 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    BullBreed#6785
    Ratings:
    +409 / 28 / -67
    My hope, as is EVERY release, that they seriously look into the connectivity issues for this part of the game. Lagouts, inability to connect, crashing and dashboarding are very much an issue with this beta. I know some will say "it's just the beta", but the fact is that the major thing holding this game back from being consistently fun and competitive year after year is the connectivity and networking schemes. If they have not taken this seriously, as it appears from this beta they have not, it will just ruin the game once again. Gameplay and bugs and glitches are one thing, but inability to play the game at all because people can't connect or lag with delay is another. Networking and connectivity should be the foundation for this game, it should work well so people can actually enjoy it- unless this is fixed properly all the other stuff is useless in my opinion.

Bullbreed333
  9. Stewkos

Stewkos Veteran Presence

Discord:
    Stewkos#4830
    Ratings:
    +869 / 12 / -17
    I think it's hilarious that the second bad defenseman can actually stop players without doing anything, they get all clingy because they're afraid any nerfs to defense that make it require skill will render them useless (again). Here's a newsflash, playing defense in real life requires more than letting go of the left stick and standing in front of your net. It's supposed to be a simulation...defenders rarely skate around leaving 10 ft gaps between them and their man because of confidence the pass won't get through.

Nobody is asking for 18-12 games, even in years where controls were responsive and the game speed was up competitive 6s was typically low scoring games. However, that was because people were good at defense. Right now poke checking is easy, interceptions are easy, and mistakes don't get punished and even if they did the game doesn't really require you to take an active role in playing defense.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. WJP089

WJP089 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,464 / 60 / -178
    It's basically the same shit as nhl17.

Took one year to put Italic font in the menus.

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. DamilkMan596

DamilkMan596 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -2

LOL... what are you on about... All you CAN do on defense now is stand still. That's literally the only chance you have as a guy glides.... GLIDES at full speed bouncing off hits and holding the puck out to his backhand popping off stride dekes like a maniac. Now they add a way for defensemen to be more aggressive and make the game more realistic because you can't GLIDE at full speed and you whine that it's too easy? Maybe don't skate right a defenseman's stick when he's using it to cover a lane. Maybe if he's forcing you outside and you aren't GOOD enough to deke him inside you take the outside lane and cycle like a real hockey player. But no you'd rather defensemen be pylons, staying on their off side standing on top of the crease hoping a puck hits them because that's about all you can 80% of the time.

No Streaming Account
  12. Nick_x_98

Nick_x_98 2x Cup Champ, Full Time Shitter

Discord:
    Nick_x_98#4378
    Ratings:
    +394 / 38 / -18
    Custom builds would be the best upgrade they could make.

nick_x_98
  13. Slamtastic86

Slamtastic86 Meme God

Ratings:
    +139 / 8 / -25
    My defenseman stopped dead in his tracks several times while rushing into the offensive zone and Also when I hit L2 for vision control or try to start skating backwards. Poke checking a loose puck just sitting near the blueline to keep it in the off zone or get it out of the def zone doesn't seem to work. A few times I was trying to glide behind my own net and my player skated into the goalie or net, changing direction on his own. Getting the puck while skating backwards locks my player into a backward skating animation. Still ridiculous that slap shots are often fanned on while in motion and carrying the puck. Can't do a quick poke check cause even tapping the R1 quickly he leaves his stick out still for a second. Centers should be kicked out of faceoffs instead of making them lose the draw. When the goalie goes to the bench for the extra attacker, he should be controlling the skater. Blocked shots need to count even if your player is standing. I purposely put myself in shooting lanes to block without ducking down for high shots. Passing attempts and percentage stat should be added. Shot attempts should be added. Also, I want to be able to try to hug the other team when my team scores.

No Streaming Account
  14. Willy8wonka1234

Willy8wonka1234 Balls

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    EA if a player signs up as goalie and let's 4 goals in then leaves the game that team should not receive a top knotch computer goalie and that team should not be rewarded with momentum to come back from a 0/4 deficit but regularly I have witnessed this happen they don't always win but the come backs are crazy.... Goalies that quit games should be penalized and unable to play for a period of time. Also if a team member is not performing upto the standards of the team put in a kick/vote system to remove said player. Being removed by popular vote should not penalize a player any further. This will stop trolls from being permanently offside, goalies fighting, skating out, and just plain old shit talking. I say good day to you EA, I say good day.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  15. CHRIS x 7

CHRIS x 7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Bad Idea to vote a player off team Wonka / best EA remove a player Trolling in game by increasing negative scores for playing out of position for example thus removing said player quicker from game A vote system could be abused to remove people not like by team for whatever reason.

No Streaming Account
  16. Willy8wonka1234

Willy8wonka1234 Balls

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'll take the abuse over no solution anyday for pick up games, club play should be handled by the captain.You didn't offer a solution just criticism.... What your solution to the problem?

No Streaming Account
  17. Girgss

Girgss CHEL

Discord:
    girgs#4300
    Ratings:
    +2,245 / 57 / -103
    6s is still a neutral zone cluster fuck. If two top teams play each other nearly every game ends 1-0 or 2-1. Poke checking needs to be nerfed, especially poking someone from behind/through their legs. The amount of times I've watched someone beat their man then get poked from behind is ridiculous. That should never happen.

Other things need tweaking like bumping up game speed and agility, the turning is bad.

Some improvements still need to be made but this game is a step in the right direction for competitive 6s.

ALSO, before I forget, please leave turds dead forever.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  18. Slamtastic86

Slamtastic86 Meme God

Ratings:
    +139 / 8 / -25
    Need to bring back twelve man lobbies with the stats counting. Miss draft games. Who gives a shit about stat padding.

No Streaming Account
  19. keso_paghuni

keso_paghuni Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +720 / 1 / -5
    Not sure if I've ever seen a game change so little from one year to the next. It's truly amazing.

6s will be dreadful once again, it's the dead puck era of EA NHL. The poke radius is a mile long and covers the whole ice, I don't mind giving defenseman more tools but you don't even have to touch the puck to have it fly off the forwards stick when poking.

To the guy earlier talking about people "gliding down the ice and using all these dekes" I'd love to see how your games play. 17 was the most boring NHL game ever, and this one looks to be the same. If you couldn't play solid defense in 17 I'm not sure you should be playing the game at all.

I have to give EA credit, usually the game is pretty solid in the Beta or when it's released, then it's ruined by tuners and patches. This time they just released a shit game right away.

• Like Like x 1
    Keso_Paghuni
  20. Bottomless Pit

Bottomless Pit I'm all about defense & shutting down the offense.

Discord:
    BottomlessPit#0959
    Ratings:
    +260 / 15 / -9
    I post all of this (though most of it sounds like general feedback) but I mostly only play EASHL, practice mode, be a pro, or shootout mode, so I'll post these items here as well as the general feedback thread:
    • Goalies need to be able to play as the extra man when there's a penalty called and the goalie has reached the bench
    • Goalies need to be able to enter the bench when a penalty is called but the puck hasn't reached the defensive blue line yet (ie. as soon as the penalty is called)
    • Goalies should not be going through the puck in any way when making a save or repositioning etc (no one should be able to). Sticks should not go through each other. The puck should not go through anything or anyone or part of other 'solid' objects.
    • Goalie should be able to cross the red line (even if a penalty is called). But real life -> there's no mystical force preventing them from crossing the line.
    • Goalie attitude needs to be developed. It has a direct impact on the your team, your opponents, crowd...and the game.
    • Goalies should be able to fight non-goalies.
    • Goalie should be able to perform each of the save actions from anywhere on the ice, not just in the crease. Why? Assume a goalie gets out to play the puck but then changes his mind. Should be able to skate backwards (not forced) and attempt to save/cover the angle, poke etc in attempt to correct his mistake.
    • One of my pet peeves -> and would make such a huge difference: BE ABLE TO DEVELOP CUSTOM HELMETS AND PADS etc

• Players need to be able to join multiple clubs, club-hopping is so annoying

• I've mentioned this one for a number of years and am hearing others say it more and more:
      • EASHL club (only) - Need to be able to play multiple lines. I don't care if it's only 2 lines to start with or 4 lines.
        • player fatigue plays a factor
        • coaching decisions is a factor (good or bad decisions)
        • dynamics between lines, or how/when the players are changed is a factor
        • all of the above are a bigger factor during or as a result of multiple penalties and multiple lines

Bottomless_Pit