* New * NHL 18 Beta General Feed Back

Discussion in 'EA NHL Series' started by LG-McDonald, Jul 25, 2017.

1. kid zxro

kid zxro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 9 / -6
    After playing versus more, Im starting to dislike the beta more and more.

Gameplay is so slow, stick handling is even slower. The new dekes are useless, puck chop sucks. Hipcheck combo doesnt work. This game is so boring.

Id change hip check and the puck chop back to what it was.

Whats with the leaderboards ranking system? Makes no sense either.

Unless you are Sid or Ovi you cant pull off a deke. The button combos for the dekes suck. And the AI is way too good. Whether it be VS or EASHL. My first games of VS were guys just skill zoning and letting the AI literally do everything.

Puck pickups have not got any better and that was the worst part of 17.

Idk It feels to me like a slower version of 17 in every aspect that will have a roster update. Unfortunately Im very disappointed in the gameplay.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Gh0sT 1369

Gh0sT 1369 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +230 / 190 / -180
    Congratulations on the biggest fail post here so far...

Defensive skill stick has moved those buttons , and both the chop and hip checks work fine, they tried to make hip checks timed so you can't hold it to block or push people off the puck ... Good move there imo ...

No Streaming Account
  3. ZoGood

ZoGood Feel ZoGood!

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Pucks still go out of play when poke checks offset next to the boards like magic. Computer generated animations for skaters could be lowered overall and perhaps help the human goalies a bit more. The ability for a player to knock down slap-shots in the neutral zone with their stick is terrible, change it to a deflection that continues with the momentum.

Zogood
  4. Donut_wizard666

Donut_wizard666 Donut Wiz

Discord:
    donutwizard666#0
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -2
    I like the defensive stick but D should have to move their stick in order to create a turnover.
    The animation can feel a little unnatural when a dman is holding his stick out stationary and the puck "magnets" from attacker posession to defender in the process. It happened a few times and didn't look right

No Streaming Account
  5. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    We did & it locked us out from playing anything other than 6's.

No Streaming Account
  6. Lord Skahgz

Lord Skahgz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    lordskahgz#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 19 / -41
    you can only play 3s with a G in seasons, not drop ins

LordSkahgz
  7. Bassani 097

Bassani 097 This place is a joke.

Discord:
    Bassani 097#6008
    Ratings:
    +217 / 47 / -52
    That'd be a bug then seeing as it shows the option to search for 3's when having the correct roster. If you can't do it via drops, remove the buttons that show that you can from the screen all together.

No Streaming Account
  8. Swiff1505

Swiff1505 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    .swiff.#0
    Ratings:
    +51 / 8 / -10
    I should specify this is for EASHL club, drop-ins you cannot play 3s with a goalie

swaarf
  9. Saucerman x3

Saucerman x3 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    saucermanx3#0
    Ratings:
    +1,640 / 111 / -142
    ONLINE PRACTICE, CONNECTED FRANCHISE

Entering an Online Game
    Saucermanx3
  10. kid zxro

kid zxro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 9 / -6
    I understand that D skill stick is the reason why they are different. I am just saying the old way works way better for both IMO.

I dont ever use D skill stick so at least give an option to use NHL 17 controls in the game like they give the option to use Skill Stick, or Hybrid etc.

Biggest fail post though eh? You had an issue with one thing I said. Shucks.

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. McFleuryyy

McFleuryyy Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mcfleuryyy#0
    Ratings:
    +287 / 19 / -52
    I know this is a beta and they'll fix some shit but I'll name positive stuff EA improved in their gameplay and also negative things they must fix.

Positive
    -New dekes are great.
    -Pokes are really powerful (a bit too much)
    -Chops aren't broke anymore
    -Cut passes is better
    -Crouch block seems better
    -Sweep stick is sick
    -You'll lose all your speed if you curve your stick and that's great
    -I like faceoffs

Negative
    -Game is slow but it's like that every beta so
    -Still have some weird animations
    -Tips are awful
    -One touch passes are even worse
    -You have 1/50 chance to hit a lateral pass when your teamate is moving straight
    -Net is made of straws (goalies can actually move their own net) plz fix
    -There's a way to score behind the net (the puck will go through the net) PLZ FIX
    -Sauces are harder but idk if it's a good thing or not
    -Between the legs
    -Players at faceoff dots look like a bunch of ~*~*s

As I said earlier EA will make a lot of changes before the complete game comes out but I hope they're not gonna break the game like they did with 17 cause believe it or nah 17 beta wasnt that bad.

• Winner Winner x 1
    McFleuryyyyy
  12. syngizzam

syngizzam Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SynGizzam#4893
    Ratings:
    +121 / 3 / -6
    They have completely balanced the game in the opposite direction. The stride dekes were probably the best thing they brought to next gen and they completely ruined and nerfed them. When you are balancing a game you should never nerf but boost only where needed. What they have done essentially is made the game less fun. They have went from controls that were intuitive to controls that are hard for no reason. I'm am very disappointed in what ea has brought this season and they have essentially done the opposite in what they have marketed to us this game.

• Like Like x 1
    SynGizzam
  13. dankatsva13

dankatsva13 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 2 / -0
    Overall the beta wasnt too bad. There are defiently a couple of things that do have to be changed.
    Firstly, the between the legs deke from last year should be the same controls and same with the stride deke.
    Also, as an eashl goalie, all the bugs and bad animations that were in nhl 17 were still in the beta.
    Gameplay also should be sped up just a little bit so its around the middle of the online vs now and the threes arcade mode.
    The puck pickups were still lacking and defiently need to be fixed for the full release. The def. skill stick and the hitting were good for the most part so that shouldnt have to be changed much.

Ghetto_llama
  14. DoCJ1gGY

DoCJ1gGY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 10 / -0
    looks like im' the only one that hinls that the speed of the players is way much faster in the beta than it is in 17 lol !!

docjiggy
  15. Lord Skahgz

Lord Skahgz Well-Known Member

Discord:
    lordskahgz#0
    Ratings:
    +159 / 19 / -41
    the puck physics are still terrible, which is why there are so many bad goals. example: if they shoot at the goalie blocker side and the goalie animates the blocker at the puck to the right, the puck will go straight down and then bounce in. Also in EASHL drop ins, when selecting G it loads a game and puts me at winger, does this couple times a day, please fix

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    LordSkahgz
  16. Blinding-Light--

Blinding-Light-- Well-Known Member

Discord:
    blinding_light__#0
    Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1
    When compy crosses blue line they often do a unnecessary deke and lose it most of the time. I noticed goalie inteference on goals is obsolete, you can shove g out of the way and score. Just like nhl 17 a money 1timer near the net almost always wiffs, so frustrating. Hope the real game has more than a few extra things to create your player with from last year. Like some of the new perks, dekes, good to see ea trying a new thing or two.

No Streaming Account
  17. bigjimsrevenge

bigjimsrevenge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is not so much about the game play of the beta, which I like, but about the overall drop-In experience . Could we please have it setup so that the away team can only choose white and the home gets dark jerseys. Having a million jersey choices is great , if you have adhd or something, but so many lobbies are wasted by this. Also, I would love to see a cool down period added if you quit a game. Even a ten minute break would help to decrease the quitting. It would also be helpful if the coach's instructions at intermission pointed out that you are out of position and gives you negative points for it. Start removing players from games for playing the wrong wing or cherrypicking with the center. They'll soon learn the importance of proper positioning.

No Streaming Account
  18. Thee_Ghosty

Thee_Ghosty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    thee_ghosty#0
    Ratings:
    +607 / 19 / -101
    Severs are still garbage.

Wraparound goals are still too easy. They should fix the player animation, slow them down to a more realistic speed. You don't see wraparounds in NHL so why have it extra seasy in a video game?

Glish goals from the past games seems to have founds its way back.

Blocker side animation is still garbage.

Make defence a bit better with passing, pass interceptions and shot blocking.

3s + goalie in dropins should be added

@LG McDonald

No Streaming Account
  19. AZDvo

AZDvo Rocket Winner and #1 Ranked Player in Arizona.

Ratings:
    +1,666 / 27 / -48
    - Increase game speed a bit for EASHL/Drop In 3s and 6s
    - Make the Puck Moving Dman 6' 2'' again
    - Increase stick movement speed a little
    - Not a fan of R3 incorporation but that's more personal preference
    - Still some autoanimations especially for puck pickups in the corner when you need to make a quick read
    - Slow down the stick check spam and punish with tripping penalties
    - Animation off the draw for the defenseman puck pickup (the inside glide) has no place in the game.
    - Lateral passes off the rush seem to be nearly impossible unless you sauce even with defenseman beat.

Love the addition of 3s and at the moment there seems to be a return of a small skill gap, great job eliminating the turd goals for the most part. Overall a much needed improvement on NHL 17 as long as the game gets better each year I'm very satisfied. @LG McDonald

• Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Unkle_steel

Unkle_steel Unk Steel

Discord:
    unkle_steel(Greyhounds)#7717
    Ratings:
    +19 / 2 / -3

The game itself is good, like the added manuevering capability and moves. Ive played NHL since 94' and of course every year is better, but from an LG and competitive gaming standpoint, the same massive issues are still unaddressed. Their needs to be some type of time out applied to people who quit, or replacements, ability to jump back in game if youre booted due to lag, having someone be able to join next period would be nice. Also being able to take your club to open ice practice like in NHL 14, since the game is so tightly associates with LG now having an open ice practice with teammates would be ideal. Lastly, the group matchmaking lobby needs to be set no differently than the club matchmaking, matching room size goalie etc.. The puck scrambling in the game is god awful but thats minor compared to the constant issues since they changed everything from NHL 14.

No Streaming Account