NHL 2K10 Wishlist

Discussion in '2K NHL Hockey' started by kiddstyle, Oct 22, 2008.

1. kiddstyle

kiddstyle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is my wishlist for 2K10. I haven't started a franchise yet because the rosters haven't been updated, so I'm sure I will be back to post more in the future.

Sliders
    - Bring back slider for game speed.
    - Allow sliders to be saved something like a game style.
    - Allow sliders to be shared online.

Controls
    - Bring back the modifier button as an option.
    - Customizable controls.
    - Camera angle for ¾ doesn’t look like it used to.

- Stats don’t always add up correctly.
    - Bring back open flex schedule. This is a must. Too many games get played and don’t count, or users are waiting for games in round one to be completed to move on. I can’t understand why this was changed.
    - Allow for a Team Play league.
    - Keep team play statistics. For example, goal scored, assists etc. Also keep track of teams used and winning percentage with each team.
    - Keep camera angle and user settings prior to entering an online game. Something like 2k9 had with loading your profile.
    - Allows rosters and created players to be shared online.

Franchise
    - Find a player should return.
    - 2k9 trade finder should return.
    - Trade analyzer tool in-game.
    - Create a team in franchise.
    - Historic team in franchise.
    - A headline for players that are planning on retiring at the end of the year. Some players announce they will not be returning. This is in NBA’s game and might be in the NHL game.

Gameplay
    - CPU drives down the middle too often. This should be changed. Another option is allowing users to set up game styles for teams during the franchise or season, or even for the team prior to season or franchise. When a player is challenged moving into the offensive zone, and there is no possibility of beating the defenseman, whether it is ratings or fatigue, more dumping of the puck should take place.
    - Goalies need to be improved back to where they were in 2K8.
    - If a modifier is brought back, then there should be ways to have quick wrist shots or harder more powerful wrist shots.
    - Slap-dumps should leave the ice.
    - Allow dekes with the right stick to be done with a modifier. Holding LT and using the stick is for deking or shooting.
    - One-timers from players like Ovechkin or Kovalchuk should be bullets. They should be able to raise their sticks above their heads for one-timers.
    - More stat overlays during the game. When on a PP or PK, show yearly stats. Show stats for faceoffs while we are waiting for the center to skate around for a bit before the faceoff starts. Or cut down the time prior to a faceoff. Or allow us to set up a presentation option to skip this. I think I spend more time waiting for the faceoff to start than playing the actual game.
    - While the new collision detection is good, it seems to happen way too often. It kind of makes the game seem like bumper cars at times.
    - When I am chasing the puck in my own end, the other defenseman will also chase after the puck, I yell to the TV that I have it, but he doesn’t listen, add some sort of voice recognition so he knows when I have it, or just code it so this doesn’t happen.
    - Get rid of the ice-diving. It was fixed last year and yet it was brought back this year. Perhaps people wrote or phoned in and said “We want the ice-diving back!”
    - Wristers are too slow. Last year, you could hold the wrist shot button down for a harder shot. This is another reason why the modifier is great. You can hold the modifier and shoot with the stick. I tried it and it doesn’t seem to hard control-wise ; ).

Graphics
    - Improve them!
    - We should be able to tell one player from another in this game. Especially the superstar players.

Other
    - Online franchise. Or allow friends to play in my offline franchise. They could jump in as a team, or as a player on my team. Stat tracking should also monitor how my friend plays.
    - Something similar to Be A Pro mode from EA.
    - Goalie sizes are weird and they are odd looking.
    - Collisions are great but detection needs to be improved.
    - Skating engine is very good and needs to continue in the same direction.
    - Allow users to upload rosters. You can cut this feature off a month before the next iteration of the series is released or shortly after the last roster update. This will allow gamers to update things like historic rosters and share them with others.
    - Trading of historic players to NHL teams. It would be fun to play an old style league with some of the greats of yesterday.
    - Using edited rosters online.
    - An option to have 21 or whatever number of teams in a season or franchise.
    - Slap dumps need to leave the ice. I would like to use this feature to whip the puck around the boards off the glass in my zone and the CPU zone. This should be done with the wrist shot as well.
    - Mid-game saves, like the baseball series.

Presentation
    - Presentation is good this year but could be improved.

Shootouts
    - I can never remember what buttons do what and what players can do what. I would like to see a coach’s recommendation, or player’s choice that lists buttons for moves to try to make it easier.
    - The camera angle should be different for this as well. More of a third person perspective would be nice.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
    No Streaming Account
  2. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    ~Sticky~

Post your wish lists guys, And i will bring them to our dev team.

3. Jepockn

Jepockn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    alright ill name a few things.

1. Bring back the ability for custom teams in your franchise. Along with this, please bring back the edit arena option, and customize your jerseys and team colours unlike this year.

2. Please allow for the custom music to work properly. So far this year music only works on offsides, and not on any other whistle.

3. The Players need to be improved. They look like they are wearing cardboard boxes underneath there jerseys.

4. Goalie appearances need to be improved. The goalies look like crabs on ice.

5. Why does a regular skater lead the team on the ice? i have never seen this in a hockey game, always the starting goalie leads the team on the ice.

6. When the teams enter the rink, can they walk through the wall to get to the bench? i guess so.

7. the menu system to get around the game is pretty tough to navigate. It would be nice even if we have the option to press b to go straight back to the game.

8. Should be given the option to have a default camera angle in the main menu so you dont have to edit it every time you go into a game.

9. It is tough to hit players for a pass on the fly. For me when i try to pass to them they always have to stop and go backwards for some reason.

10. when a goal is scored players dont skate around by themselves and kinda wander then put there hands up. They group up as a team.

11. Animations seem to be very very stiff during cut scenes. One thing that peeves me is when a player wipes sweat off his helmet like he would if he was running a marathon without a helmet on. I have never seen a hockey player do this.

12. It is very tough to play defense. In past years you could take away passes, and cut lanes by using a stick swipe. But this year it is taken away with the poke check. When you try to poke you are stuck in this animation for a few seconds and leaves you exposed. please fix this.

No Streaming Account
  4. kai123

kai123 The NBA man

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tris, you'll probably kill me for this long list but here it goes(My post from 2khockey.net wishlist forums:

No Streaming Account
  5. kiddstyle

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A few more:

- Star players for rival teams/division rivals should be booed. And big-name players that leave the team should be booed as well.
    - Offsides happen way too often, especially in team play. Speaking of team play, you can't call for the puck from the AI. And the AI tends to just barrel right down towards the net not even trying to pass to open players. Offsides outside the blue line seems to be an instant offside.
    - XBOX Live vision support. Allow us to take pictures of our faces and put in the game, or take a picture of an NHL player and put it in the game. It would be nice to be able to use pictures on our PC's rather than use the XBOX camera.
    - Hot and cold streaks for players.
    - Do something special for rivalries.
    - Bring back the All-Star game. Have players on the team that don't always have the best ratings. Add players who are having good seasons based on some sort of points +/- formula.
    - Bring back tournament and add a playoff tournament.

No Streaming Account
  6. kiddstyle

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One-on-one moves need to be redone. Currently, to do a spin move left, you press LB then left stick down, and right stick up, or something like that. It should be more intuitive and easier. Something like: to do a spin move, press LT and move the left stick in a half-circle motion. Press the LB and RB and press the right stick down to kick the puck to the stick. This is similar to the NBA series.

The left stick should be used for skating moves while the right stick is used for stick moves. I don't think the LB should be used at all. Use the LT, or a combination of the LT and RT.

Get the most important and fan favourite moves in the game right away and add if needed. There are too many moves and it is too confusing or too hard right now to try and remember them all as they are.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
    No Streaming Account
  7. MattMeeko

MattMeeko Well-Known Member

Discord:
    mattmeeko#0
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    if alot of this happens in 2k10 i WILL buy it

No Streaming Account
  8. kiddstyle

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Deke moves should be packages. For example, each player is given a package for deke moves. Ovechkin might have five dekes in his package, and Semin might have three, while Breashear has none.

As the season progresses and players progress, you have the option to spend progress points add new dekes to the players package. This is similar to the NBA game, but it allows the user to customize players to the way they want.

No Streaming Account
  9. sseagle

sseagle 48 Seasons...

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I want to see goalies get hurt.
    I'd also like to not be knocked back 15 rows when I skate by the goalie.
    Please please please, have the refs call every penalty... not just tripping over and over and over and over.
    Timely, frequent roster updates.

Free pie?

EDIT : STOP THE ANNOUNCERS FROM CALLING THE BLUES THE BLUENOTES!!! ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

No Streaming Account
  10. Virtual Assassin

Virtual Assassin Champ

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are they actually going to call it 2k10?

No Streaming Account
  11. PrimeReaper955

PrimeReaper955 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes I agree

I agree with all that your saying, I really hope they improve the game alot.
    One thing I hope is that they improve the create a player, they improved it alot this year from last year, but your guy looks really weird, it just looks really strange. They have to edit that, so your guy doesn't look like a weird. They've gotta customize it like NHL 09 but like don't use the same faces as them or same hair like make better things in the create a player and try to make it better then 09 if they can, it'll take time though.

No Streaming Account
  12. cup4blues

cup4blues cup4blues#5216

Discord:
    cup4blues#5216
    Ratings:
    +101 / 10 / -6
    Back in January I would have bought 2k9 instead of 2k8 if it were for one thing. The controls need to be tightened up with their animations. One of the only things I like about EA are the controls, and when 2k attempted to copy it with 2k9 they ****ed it up because it just feels laggy and unresponsive.

cup4bluesNHL
  13. DrugMonkeyRX

DrugMonkeyRX Grind Line

Ratings:
    +244 / 6 / -10

Dude, i was really laughing out loud after reading that. Hilarious!

Drugmonkeyrx