Poll: Which NHL 360 Title for LGHL Season 193

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Tris10, Aug 28, 2014.

?

Which Game Should we use for Season 19-21

Poll closed Sep 5, 2014.
  1. Either Title

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NHL 14 Xbox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. NHL 15 Xbox 360

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seducier

Seducier M. Zucker

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    NHL 14. It would be competitive right off the bat because there will be no down time for learning the game for most people. Plus fuck EA for betraying their fan base and making up childish excuses about it.

Seducier
  2. Mabus Incarnate

Mabus Incarnate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 7 / -13
    weewoo

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  3. Mabus Incarnate

Mabus Incarnate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 7 / -13
    It doesn't mean I don't love you any less. :grin:

No Streaming Account
  4. Viktomize

Viktomize Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Viktomize#5842
    Ratings:
    +792 / 9 / -31
    I should of just known that I wasn't the first one on this site to see the video lol

Viktomize94
  5. Crass

Crass Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    Not buying 15. It is what it is. If we play 14, great. If you guys play 15, Ill see you in a few seasons. Ill see y'all on Destiny. Do whatever is best for the league.

No Streaming Account
  6. Dashiki B

Dashiki B Da Bomb Brothers

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 137 / -228
    What about all the people who already bought 15?

7. Midnight Montel

Midnight Montel Underground Railroad

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I've bought every game since 04, and I would rather spend my $60 on something else. I understand your points, but I just really don't see any point/incentive to get 15, especially when it looks like it does. It's the same game it's as simple as that, some of you people sound like you would buy the same game every year even if they changed nothing.

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  8. NXT

NXT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 4 / -5
    The stubborn bunch that bought NHL 15 will end up playing league on 14. It will be a smooth transition for them as the game is the exact same. Debate solved.

No Streaming Account
  9. Crass

Crass Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 1 / -0
    I've done the same. I understand the novelty of having to grind to legend 3, while playing club games. It is new and exciting! It is GREAT every year. This year is an exception for me. The game is NHL 14.5 and we are in a transition period. The switch is not necessary for the growth of the league. These 2 (or three) seasons will be stunted for LG NO MATTER WHAT. The league will pick up where it left off on when NHL 16 comes out.

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  10. BoltsnRays1109

BoltsnRays1109 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -1
    You may want to check out the all of the people who claim to have cancelled their pre-orders or are asking how to cancel digital pre-orders, on Reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/2fh4ez/nhl_15_for_nextgen_is_a_scam/?sort=new

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/2fheo4/nhl_15_for_nextgen_is_a_scam/

• Like Like x 3
    BoltsnRays1109
  11. Dashiki B

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 137 / -228
    I won't be playing nhl 14. 60$ for the bounces and the fight option after every hit removed is enough for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    This is irrelevant to this topic, those are people who are finding out the New Gen games aren't what they expected. That's a whole other argument and not related to 6's league. X1 was out of the equation awhile ago.

13. BoltsnRays1109

BoltsnRays1109 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -1
    It still has people replying saying they will skip the game all together when 360 is an option. Also, it's to show that not just people in this league are furious with what EA are releasing as a final product.

• Like Like x 3
    BoltsnRays1109
  14. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Pay $60 for things they could have patched into the game like every other company does with their games. Seems legit.

As for the people saying that 3000+ people not buying the game won't make a difference, you're kidding yourself. Check any social media and every body is cancelling their pre-orders and refusing to buy this shit. After what we've seen (and what will most likely be seen tomorrow) LG's going to lose a lot more from going to 15 than it will gain. The puck stopping dead on dump ins isn't significant enough of a change to warrant $60. Fuck, Minecraft was only $5 and it had more changes than NHL had.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
    • Like Like x 6
    iMackie21
  15. itsamemariox1

itsamemariox1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 2 / -0
    Me and my friends who play LG won't be playing 15 on the 360 after seeing that video, thought we would at least get the new announcers and dekes if we switched over to 15 on the 360. That never happened

No Streaming Account
  16. Dashiki B

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 137 / -228
    If there wasn't an xbox 1 this wouldn't be a poll to stay no matter how similar 14 or 15 is. We've always moved on. I don't see why not now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steve Stefani

Steve Stefani '95 TIL INFINITY

Ratings:
    +409 / 9 / -14
    Puck bounces and fixing the fight option aren't enough for me to pay $60...especially when I'll have to grind to get my legend card again. If LG goes to '15, I guess I'll see you guys on '16. Halo Master Chief Collection comes out in November anyways...that will keep me plenty busy =P~

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  18. Winston Payne

Winston Payne Staff Emeritus

Discord:
    Winston Payne#4125
    Ratings:
    +1,170 / 0 / -1
    I voted for NHL 15 originally, but I was under the impression that there would be at least a good number of minor changes like there have been every year up until this point. If that video that popped up is to be believed, fixing the puck bounce plus new commentators while touching nothing else (even the menus) and leaving the game otherwise 100% the same is not worth giving EA $60 USD for. What they are putting out is not even worthy of being called NHL 14.5 (which I would have settled for), but NHL 14.1.

Though it would benefit me personally if the league switched to NHL 15 (I picked up NHL 14 late so I only have a Veteran 1 card and I probably will not be able to find people to boost for a Legend 3 with to be competitive), it would be a struggle to get myself to pay EA given the lack of work they put into either version of NHL 15. If the league switched to 15, I would follow. At the same time, I would feel like EA just picked my pocket.

The biggest benefit to switching to 15 at this point is to pick up new members that never owned 14. Given everything that has been revealed and will continue to be revealed, I doubt the increase of new members would make up for those that would leave if 15 was chosen given what we know now. As for the server issue, I have never had any problems (other than occasional random lag spikes) with 14's servers. I may be lucky in this regard, but for me the possibility of better servers is not reason to switch.

• Like Like x 1
    winstonpayne_
  19. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Because there is an Xbox 1 would be the easiest answer you could get, but I mean if you wanna pay $60 bucks for a patch go right ahead, nobody is going to want to spend $60 for a fucking patch and roster update. They took away from the main menus, the team selection menus, but fixed the puck bounce so now it's worth $60?

• Like Like x 1
    iMackie21
  20. theFiGS42

theFiGS42 theFiGS42

Ratings:
    +636 / 6 / -11
    Ok for everyone saying I don't know what I'm talking about, since DAY 1 I was saying everyone who plays EASHL will cancel/ not want to play anymore and I was on the not getting it this year bandwagon but I changed my mind because all I play is hockey. 2morrows early release will make or break it for me in terms of getting 15 but if I don't get 15 I refuse to play 14 for another year. Whoever said a lot of the hut players are here, you must live in a box because most HUT guys never heard of LG and most don't even play EASHL. You can read all the forums you want, there's thousands of people saying I'm not getting the game I GET THAT but when I say their money comes from hut I mean the hut guys who buy the fucking game which is larger than the EASHL community PLUS the hut pack sales. EA SPORTS is set to make 1 billion in add on sales from stuff like HUT MUT and FUT this year. You think ea gives a fuck about the EASHL community not buying the game?lmao if NHL15 isn't very good I might not get it at all and get rid of 14 because I refuse to play this game for another year, I'll get my xb1 and play FIFA destiny and COD. I'm done with this conversation, no one here has facts to back up arguments it's all just assumption. We will see over the weekend what the direction of LG is and that's that.

thefigs42
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.