Post here if you plan on only playing ESHL and not s6

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL PSN)' started by jonlol, Aug 22, 2017.

1. H3ad--v--Sh0t

H3ad--v--Sh0t Yohohohoho!

Ratings:
    +88 / 5 / -9
    I would play eshl but the gameplay is still full of flaws and its almost the sweatiest team(not skilled) that wins it. Hopefully 18 will have a larger skill gap between the community like dynomike said. I miss the old gen fast paced gameplay nowadays trapping is too easy...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    h3ad_v_sh0t
  2. Crease-Fire

Crease-Fire Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +340 / 10 / -23
    Once and if EA adds in 3v3 club challenge, will ESHL go 3v3? @jonlol

If I play this season, it will most likely be regular 6s. No one needs a backup goalie in ESHL.

Crease_fire
  3. jonlol

jonlol Pizza Bro Platinum FPS Staff

Ratings:
    +768 / 26 / -63
    No it won't go to 3v3. The only way the happens is if the community plays it and finds more competition in it than 6s, but I don't see that happening.

eashlgoalie
  4. Illyfilly

Illyfilly Brenty Gee LGHL Owner (PSN)

Ratings:
    +223 / 55 / -127
    @jonlol Whether you want to take Lazy's feedback constructively or not, this type of thread is alienating 90% of the tiny community that we have. If your goal is to grow the league, grow the e-sport...then I would urge you to go about it a different way and not be so quick to disparage some of the very valid points Lazy is making. I appreciate you taking the time to assess best ways to move forward, as I very much would like to be a part of growing the leagues and community, but work with people instead of shitting on them because they are offering their opinions which may differ from your own.

Here is my idea for a new system, one that CAN grow, invite all levels of competition and make it FUN for everyone participating.

Have an Invite Division which is SPONSORED by a marketing partner of the site, offering some prize pool for the winners. This is possible, it just needs to be pitched correctly to marketing partners, hell, I can even help you find one. Then you can have different divisions, so...for example...just like CAL or CEVO for Counter Strike back in the day...you have...

LGHL-Invite (8 teams, prizes sponsored by marketing partner) ***Put together a package that a marketing partner can get some value back**
    LGHL-Main (Buy in from teams, cash prizes, etc.)
    LGHL-Open (Free to Enter, winner is moved to Invite, top 3 moved to Main, etc.)

**This type of system allows for competition at various levels, plenty of players will want to remain playing Open just for the shear enjoyment of playing 6s in a more meaningful platform. Those that want to compete for a prize and commit to a $$$ buy in can fight it out in Main, and the Invite teams are held to a higher standard.

***Instead of trying to find out how many players will ONLY play ESHL and not S6, why not attempt to find out how many teams would participate if you made it free to play with various levels of competition, engaging and defining the opportunity? Or take a poll on how many players would in fact sign up to play in a format like this and would be ok with either creating their own team or creating some sort of Free Agent team system that matches positional players to form a team.

illyfilly

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. jonlol

Ratings:
    +768 / 26 / -63
    Illy, 2 things here:

1. He was offering nothing constructive for 99% of his posts.

2. This thread was just a troll to get people like Lazy and Chief fired up. I do not actually care who is only playing eshl and that isn't a requirement of the league. If you've read through any of the posts youll notice that we are going with an invite and open league (inspired by cal and cevo back in the day mmmhmm old guy here too). The number of teams is up in the air.

Obviously we'd love to have a sponsored circuit for the top teams, but it isn't that easy. If you can easily find 12 sponsors you need to PM Tris, Brodie and I ASAP.

This thread had nothing to do with the format of ESHL. That's been beaten to death in a 25 page PM by a large number of people on Xbox and PS4. We will hopefully have something official in the coming weeks.

eashlgoalie
  6. Illyfilly

Ratings:
    +223 / 55 / -127
    You don't need 12 sponsors, you need 1.

No Streaming Account
  7. Illyfilly

Ratings:
    +223 / 55 / -127
    You need a title sponsor for the league.

No Streaming Account
  8. jonlol

Ratings:
    +768 / 26 / -63
    I'd agree with this too but that's more up Brodie's alley. Especially with full league sponsorship. Again though, if you have something send us a PM. We are working on it in the background.

eashlgoalie
  9. Illyfilly

Ratings:
    +223 / 55 / -127
    How can I provide anything without a knowledge base of what's needed? I would need quite a bit of information to pitch this.

No Streaming Account
  10. jonlol

Ratings:
    +768 / 26 / -63
    Just start a PM man that's the best way. If you have a sponsor you think would be interested we want to know. We aren't going to release anything official until we lock everything in.

• Like Like x 1
    eashlgoalie
  11. Str8Syko__

Str8Syko__ JAM JAM JAM Staff Member

Ratings:
    +283 / 14 / -10
    ESHL could possibly grow if there was enough interest in more than 1 division. Xbox did it right with the amount of teams they had....Had like a challenger divison and a divison teams play in to try and make it to the top level. Gives teams a chance to try and build chemistry that may have just formed so that when they make it to the top group they can compete well. Just a thought, mind you ps4 doesnt have the amount of signups xbox does.

• Like Like x 2
    str8syko__
  12. Windmillsfordayz

Windmillsfordayz ThisGameSucksCYeaIn18 Platinum

Ratings:
    +275 / 19 / -36
    For ESHL to grow NHL first needs to put out a game that brings back all the people who have left over the last 3-4 years by offering them incentives to actually play this game or by making their game better.

Hut is nowhere near the level of MUT, FUT or Diamond Dynasty as far as content and things to do while playing online/offline, they should add a whole bunch of content that is consistently updated in order to get more people to play/buy NHL and to try and draw back the crowd that they have lost over the last year years. Promoting EASHL by itself isn't going to help make this game grow into a viable Esport (which i think was a dumb idea by EA in the first place, because this game doesn't have the audience or the features to attract more people.) EA needs to take a couple years and just forces on adding new content and stop adding stupid things that no one cares about or that take little time to develop.

Windmillsfordayz
  13. I-Gumby

I-Gumby Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 2 / -2
    I'd be 100% interested in practicing with a group and making an appearance in eshl.. Hit me up LED

• Like Like x 1
    I_Gumby
  14. Hopkins 28

Hopkins 28 Always Celly Hard

Ratings:
    +664 / 60 / -50
    Nhl esports will never be big face it. Rim me

• Like Like x 3
    hopkinsxx
  15. v Sloshy

v Sloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,286 / 21 / -58
    16 was fun until everyone on PSN learned to trap.

17 was a boring game. cycle to the point, point shot, tip, repeat.

hopefully 18 is a better game. with the new defensive skill stick, if sweeps and puck pickoffs were made stronger, while pokes and nudges made weaker, game would be a lot of fun. If the game is better, it's more likely that people will take it seriously

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Sloshy97
  16. Trobs

Trobs Prime Example

Ratings:
    +1,068 / 29 / -25
    cum..

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. BigJayAyotte

BigJayAyotte Well-Known Member LGHL Owner (XB1)

Ratings:
    +1,701 / 78 / -68
    Eshl only likely

No Streaming Account
  18. Lazy Pedestrian

Lazy Pedestrian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,362 / 23 / -67
    says the owner of LG Xbox Vegas Knights.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    LazyPedestrian
  19. BigJayAyotte

BigJayAyotte Well-Known Member LGHL Owner (XB1)

Ratings:
    +1,701 / 78 / -68
    S6 is ps4...i dont plan on playing lg ps4 sooooo stop fishing

• Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  20. Pastahnak

Pastahnak The Most Talented Sieve

Ratings:
    +777 / 26 / -98
    I feel so flippin alienated right now

Pastahnak