Racing Tues night at 10:00 EST

Discussion in 'CBJ Friday Face-Off' started by Marauders, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Kbsmith37

Kbsmith37 KCS

Ratings:
    +1,210 / 25 / -43
    ok I like the track bristol but I can only run a 17.5 and that driving hard and I see all these people running 15.0. Can someone tell my fing WHY this happens. MY engine is on 91 on short tracks. is there a secret or some reason why they run so fast.

No Streaming Account
  2. theDrummerJ99

theDrummerJ99 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    I actually really like this idea. Nationwide series could run fewer laps, damage and/or yellows off. Really just comes down to how many are willing to run two series, since both series settings would be alot different, and if we'd have enough people show up each time in each series to make it worth the hassle.

I don't really like the damage off idea, means there is no risk in any moves you make. As for the performance points, I think it should be 0 or no rule. I don't expect people with 100's across the board to have to go back through and redo half the challenges. If it's 0, nobody has to redue anything. You just have to reset your profile.

Nascar cars aren't any where close to equal. There's a huge difference in equipment (chassis, engine, setup) between guys like Joe Gibbs racing and guys like Michael Waltrip racing. Thats the reason why some guys like Bobby Labonte and Kyle Petty never win races.

drummerJ99
  3. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Cubbies16CHAMPS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    so by your logic, there should be people playing weekly in this league that have no chance of winning at all? sounds fun!

No Streaming Account
  4. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    In case you haven't noticed, LG isn't about winning. It's about playing the game respecfully and having fun. And anybody that plays Nascar 09 has just as much chance to win as the next guy.

So by your logic, I know nothing about playing pro hockey but I should be able to play for the Jackets and make as much as Nash?

drummerJ99
  5. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    theres no logic there, your making a straw man. i thought LG was about community, competition, and fun.in that spirit lets keep the discussion about racing...

i can understand cars and teams lagging behind in huge 42 car nascar races. but i'd say the top 14 cars are usually pretty close, especially in the age of restrictor plate racing. we only have 14 cars a match. we barely have 14 people that are going to play regularly and relialbly, (if that, i dont know the numbers as of now). can we start by having fun and learning how to race together, building the league and building the leagues skill then raise the stakes on difficulties and such. once enough people are invested nad having fun we can expand into a nationwide series, but we'll need at least 28 people to get to that point, or we could pick a track and run nationwide or tuck series races as qualifying for a bigger 14 man sprint cup race.

but any of these more sim idea need to be built on the basis of a core group of guys playing nad having fun and buildinbg their skills together. if you want damage on, fine, we can try it. i really dont care, im simply stating what i and the people i raced with online have found to be the most fun style on any track, thats all.

No Streaming Account
  6. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to have to redo my profile to get the so called "glitch" setup though. I'm not sure we should be telling people how to set up their car, that is part of the fun of Nascar, different settings.

7. caniacfan86

caniacfan86 Playing

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Agreed I am not redoing my profile jut to get the glitch setup

No Streaming Account
  8. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just don't want to see anyone exploit anything when we are playing. I think everyone has a valid point of view and I am glad we have a couple of us willing to talk about what we think.

Since I am always trying to think of ways to close holes, I just had this thought. With damage off... what is to stop someone who has fallen way behind and needs to pit from crashing into the walls to get a yellow flag and then they pit and start with the pack again? I would think during league play and stat recording, we would want to ensure that something like that couldn't happen. I'm not saying anyone will do this, but believe me, if I thought of it, then someone else sure as heck has thought of it and will do it.

Anyway, I see pro's and con's for having it either way. It's leaving me on the fence at this moment as far as my thoughts about it.

9. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    well, i think that having speed comp on DETERS that exact situation because you know eventually you will catch up to the back of the pack anyway.

i do understand that sometimes people hit the apron and spin out at the back, and i understand how that sucks. but also that is part of nascar too, cars at the back to get cautions to tighten up the field. maybe if damage is off thne yellows have to be off, but then with pit stops on the makes pit stragegy most important for gas, or maybe impose an unofficial blakc flag or point deduction if someone is abusing yellow flags like that over and over again.

these are tough questions, but we need to tackle it eventually. no better time than now.

i jsut assume people used the 100% setup cause its fastest, if everyone wants to reset profile everytime to have equal points then fine, i jsut figured its easier to all have that one setup so no one can cheat it and move up points a notch without people knowing.

No Streaming Account
  10. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    As much as I'd love to have the most sim league, where you work all week on a setup to get 2 tenths of a second out of it and race 100+ laps with full flags and damage. I don't think that's what the majority of the league wants.

Maybe we should set up a poll? Just to find out exactly what everybody prefers. Yellows off/on? Damage off/on? Speed comp off/on? Length? # of races in night?

If people aren't having fun, or they feel like it's too hard for them, they won't want to play. And that will do the league absolutely no good at all.

drummerJ99
  11. MrXpress

MrXpress Pro interception thrower

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK, even the 'stock' cars (i.e., Stewart's car, Johnson's car, Earnhardt Jr's car) have performance points attached to them, so using the default cars may be the best way to equalize the playing field without resorting to glitches and such, as PP only applies to your custom car. You'd lose out on using personal paint jobs, but every race I've been in has been with 10 other primer grey cars anyway so it's not much of a loss.

I vote damage on, 2x wear so there's a couple pitstops but not 8, speed comp. off (this would be like turning on superhuman AI on in Madden while down 48-0 or turning on autoaim in COD4), black flags off (let's face it, the game is randomly ~*~* when it comes to handing out black flags)

No Streaming Account
  12. Marauders

Marauders Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I got on and checked it out yesterday. I used Daytona as my test track. This was a test only for pitstops. Here is the breakdown...

Daytona

Laps at 100% - 200
    Pits at normal - 4

So, I was thinking, if we do laps at 50% and set the pit stops to x2 we would be taking the normal race conditions and making it shorter. We would have a race that was 100 laps with 4 pit stops which would be one every 25 laps or so.

13. theDrummerJ99

Discord:
    theDrummerJ99#6215
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -7
    You sure about that? Everything I've read/heard says your performance points do affect both your custom car and a "stock" car. Of course EA's offical story is that your performance points don't affect online at all and we all know thats not true.

drummerJ99
  14. Cubbies16CHAMPS

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    PP definitely effects stock cars and custom cars.

No Streaming Account