Round One Playoff Review, Season 23 Ownership, Signups

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by LG-McDonald, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    Round One Review

The playoff rules were posted a few days and there are a some important changes I want to touch on quickly. This season saw the introduction of Input delay. To help further reduce the influence of this delay, a "test" period has been established. This test period allows the host team to win the open face-off, check their connection, then reset the face-off by dumping the puck over the glass in the neutral zone. After resetting that opening face-off, the host team has two options; one is to back out due to input delay, and second is to continue to play since input delay is not a factor in the game.

Input delay has been draining on us all this season and the duration of NHL 16. Hopefully in the near future EA will have some answers and some relief on this subject. I know it is on their radar and I am hopeful we will have a fix.

NHL Playoff Rules
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s22-playoff-rules-nhl.227933/

AHL Playoff Rules
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s22-ahl-playoff-rules.227937/

CHL Playoff Rules
    http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s22-chl-playoff-rules.227939/

Season 23 Ownership

Moving into next season the League has ~eight ownership openings. Each season the community debates the decisions made about who is selected to run teams for our League. Since I personally have a large say on who gets Ownership in the LGHL, I want to take the time to encourage anyone who feels they are the best candidate for the job to please apply.

In my experience over the last five years, it has been proven that players with NHL experience and NHL success tend to have the most success stepping into an Ownership role. Of course players with management experience as well as playing experience tend to have a strong advantage with the player base and the team tools, but that shouldn't discourage anyone with NHL experience from looking at ownership as a possibility. There is a ton of info at my disposal to help educate and train managers on our tools.

Season 22 saw the highest number of forfeits the NHL has seen. In my eyes that shows a lack of commitment on our players and our managers. The forfeit numbers were actually higher in the NHL than we saw in AHL and the CHL this season. Therefore moving into next season an expectation to drastically reduce those numbers moving into future seasons. I understand there is a ton of frustration in this version of the game, but when we sign up as Owners or we sign up as Players we are accepting those frustrations as a reality. I think this season when making my decisions the level of commitment each applicant has will have to be taken into consideration as well. We all sign up for the same reason, that is to play games and hopefully win. Let's try and keep that in mind moving forward.

The Season 23 Owners will be given two resigns as well for next season. Therefore anyone on an expiring contract will be eligible to receive one of those two resigns.

My hope for S23 is we try and make steps forward. S19-S20-S21 saw us battle through an extra year on the Xbox 360, S22 is no different were we are currently experience another short coming with input delay. Being this far into NHL 16, we all have to come to the agreement and understanding that there maybe issues related to delay. Therefore we need to make a decision; do we wait it out, and not sign up to play until it is fixed? Or do we accept the fact some games will start 30-40-50 minutes late, accept the fact that sometimes we have to restart a game 3-4-5 times, and accept that some nights there maybe some unusual situations making League games difficult to play. I think 2900+ players who signed up for season 22 chose option two, and I think we all need to keep that in the back of our minds moving into S23.

No one is forcing you to sign up. All I want and ask is when you do sign up to play, or be a manager, you at least fulfill that commitment until the season is completed.

Best of luck to everyone whom applies for Ownership! If you have questions please let me know! We have some teams currently in the playoffs whom will require a new owner for next season. Therefore I will not disclose which teams are available until those teams are eliminated or win the Cup.

Ownership Applications ----->http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/s23-ownership-applciations.228230/

Season 23 Sign Ups!

Next season's signups are now open as well! I encourage everyone to spread the word to ensure that all our players get signed up before bidding!!!

Player whom are waiting for their ban to expire will need to wait until after the playoffs are over, and we change the seasonal ID to reset the ban.​

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.