Media [S28] Week 2 Power Rankings (T5/B5)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by ThatZachGuy, Oct 26, 2017.

1. ThatZachGuy

ThatZachGuy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +596 / 35 / -36
    Week 2 is in the books. But before we get to the Power Rankings I have a shout out to make. This one goes out to the Philadelphia Flyers owner, @Dr Yargage , for being a typical, scummy NHL owner. Last time I checked his team was tied for last place in the entire league. So what does he do? Oh just comes down to his AHL roster (Lehigh Valley) and plucks @shutthegate off of it. I don't know if you know this, but goalies don't usually do the scoring for your team (Philly has scored 26 goals which is the least out of everyone). Fuck you Yargage and way to ruin Gate's nice AHL season he had going.

Now that I said that, let's get into this weeks Power Rankings. We had some movement with teams this week, so this should be a fun little write up to do. Thanks for the support from last write up too!

TOP 5

1. :team302: Lehigh Valley Phantoms (OVR 14-3-1 -- W2 7-1-1) - 29 pts

This past week was a good one for the Phantoms. It didn't end on the best note with an overtime loss to Chicago, but with three very good wins against the top 3 teams in the Western Central, I pushed Lehigh Valley to the #1 spot. Resiliency will have to prevail for the Phantoms for the rest of the season though. As I mentioned in the opening, the NHL plucked @shutthegate off the roster. Gate & @Darcy Kuemper have been playing lights out between the pipes this season. That and the defense of Lehigh Valley have led the team to a near league low 34 GA. This upcoming week for the Phantoms doesn't look too frightening on paper, but you never know what can happen. A big test will come game 1 of the week versus Wilkes-Barre Scranton followed by a match-up against Hershey in game 2 on Sunday. This team has had an interesting start to the season, as many (including myself) never really gave them a chance to succeed. They've exceeded expectations so far, but let's see what they can do now that they hold the top spot.

2. :team307: Manitoba Moose (OVR 14-3-1 -- W2 7-2-0) - 29 pts

The Moose are back at #2 in our Power Rankings. As I stated last week, I expect them to be in this Top 5 all season unless something unforeseen happens. Like many of us already knew, the line of @Im4thLineWorthy , @Scumbag Jared , & @xI STR8iNK Ix are dripping with chemistry. But let's now mention the defensive pairing of that line, @Azkika & @Lingross x 88 . Azkika joined the squad before the first week when a trade happened sending @Dualtz & @xXx Reimer 34 x to the Charlotte Checkers. Nice move by 4th here as these five players are 6-0-0 on the season together. I want to take a second to mention another great goalie this season in @Jonas Petersson. It's his first season in the AHL and is posting a 10-2-0 record with under a 1.50 GAA. The Manitoba Moose would have been atop the rankings if they would have beaten the Phantoms this past week. Week 3 looks like it should be another great week for this team with two or three solid games to look forward to.

3. :team301: Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins (OVR 13-3-2 -- W2 6-2-1) - 28 pts

The Baby Penguins jump up a spot this week in the rankings. Remember when I mentioned how Lehigh Valley had a near league low 34 GA? Well this is the team who does have the league low in GA and that number is 33. Just by glancing at the stats, you can see this team probably won't overpower you offensively. But this team does have some solid defensive play all around and are having two goalies in @l Scopes x l20l & @Kingofny1983 putting up some impressive numbers so far. I'm surprised by the lack of point scoring on this team though. @l Gabella l & @Hilly are both known to have good statistical seasons, but maybe it just hasn't clicked in yet with this being the first season on NHL 18. Besides the game against Lehigh Valley, the Penguins have a battle with the Eastern North leading, Laval Rocket, who can put up some points with @rG Breezyy , @Lorenzo x 24 , & @Gilbzey all totaling over 20 pts this season. That should be a good game with a strong defensive team versus a high scoring team.

4. :team519: San Jose Barracuda (OVR 14-3-1 -- W2 8-1-0) - 29 pts

I really wanted to move the Barracuda further up the rankings, but I had to hold back because of the fact they played the Eastern North. While the Eastern Atlantic isn't very competitive at this very moment, the Eastern North isn't something to rave about with one team with double digit wins. It was a fantastic week nonetheless by the @Brisan66 led San Jose Barracuda. This team averaged over 4.0 GF during this past week. Damn! San Jose is leading the league in GF for the entire season now with 73. @Bretonskyy is leading the team in points with 22 with the 7th leading scorer on the team being @Eichel9 with 16 points. That's a helluva lot of points scattered between them. I'll throw a little love towards @Dunks and @xl NiTeOwL lx way too being that they are the only blueliners who are undefeated on the team! This week should be a very fun week for the Barracuda as they get to face off not only against the top 3 in the Western Central, but the red hot Stockton Heat in the first game on Sunday.

5. :team516: Stockton Heat (OVR 14-4-0 -- W2 9-0-0) - 28 pts

Here are those red hot Stockton Heat rolling into the Top 5. Now you're probably thinking I'm an idiot for only having them at #5. Well yeah, maybe I am. But, it goes along with what I said about San Jose. They played the Eastern North for the most part. Yes, they beat Laval. But that was their 3rd line. Yes they beat Ontario (#1 last week). They went 3-4-2 this week. I'm not taking anything away from the Heat, as an undefeated week is something you would call "perfect", but just not good enough in my eyes to jump any higher than the fifth spot. Stockton did well defensively last week by only allowing an average of a little over 2.0 GA. @Granpapuff420 was seen mentioning his stats in the chatbox earlier this week. Him & @Im4thLineWorthy had a little exchange. An 80.8 SV% and 2.01 GAA is something to celebrate. Just don't say you're doing better than @Jonas Petersson since you're currently not. I am going to predict that the Heat won't go 9-0-0 again, but a big win against the Barracuda would get their week rollin'.

BOTTOM 5

27. :team618: Tucson Roadrunners (OVR 6-11-1 -- W2 3-5-1) - 13 pts

You were so close to being out of the Bottom 5. It was a battle between Milwaukee and Tucson, but this past week Tucson lost to Milwaukee 3-2. And it was in overtime. It was that close to a role reversal. Anyways, another three wins in week 2 and only five regulation losses compared to six last week. Getting better, but I'll see you here again next week. You guys just don't want anyone else to get the spotlight. @swiss97 is the only guy with a winning record. Congrats my dude!

28. :team314: Hartford Wolf Pack (OVR 6-12-0 -- W2 1-8-0) - 12 pts

What the fuck Hartford? Talk about a letdown after week 1. You got manhandled by the Western Central except for Milwaukee (who is in last btw). And you let @LG McDonald rub his jock strap in your face while Utica put 10 of those things called pucks past your goalie. Good news for you is that your games next week don't look too difficult. But this time when you play Utica make sure you lube up first. It won't hurt as much.

29. :team617: Springfield Thunderbirds (OVR 5-11-3 -- W2 3-4-3) - 13 pts

Congrats on moving up a spot. But first, can you tell me what the hell a Thunderbird is? Is it a goalie who rage quits 2x in the same game against the Manitoba Moose? Not gonna mention names *cough* @adidaht88 *cough*... Not much else to say about you guys. Just overall disappointing based off of what people thought your team would be after bidding.

30. :team777: Belleville Senators (OVR 5-12-1 -- W2 1-7-1) - 11 pts

Well from doing these rankings last week, it looks like you got a win reversed to a loss for some reason. Don't really know and don't really care. But this week you just sucked. You really didn't even play that many good teams. And to top this all off you just traded your second leading scorer in @Saucin Pucks to the Manitoba Moose. Another trape this season by 4thLine.

31. :team393: Charlotte Checkers (OVR 4-11-4 -- W2 0-6-3) - 12 pts

Welcome to the Bottom 5 Charlotte! And you're literally at the bottom. I know it's your first time here so take a look around, maybe get familiar or maybe not. I guess that all depends if you figure out what winning is again. Chicago figured out some winning ways and jumped out of here in a week. So I don't have much to say. You guys literally won nothing this past week. Send your Best Wishes & Get Well Soon cards Charlotte's way everyone!

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 5
    No Streaming Account
  2. JayyDubski

JayyDubski LGCHL Director

Discord:
    dayoungbuck#0
    Ratings:
    +3,456 / 325 / -613
    Keep up the fantastic articles @ThatZachGuy! Another great read :)

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    DaYoungBuck
  3. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57
    im gonna try this media thing .. again

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. shutthegate

shutthegate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +332 / 13 / -16
    :sadegg::sadegg::sadegg::sadegg::sadegg:

• Funny Funny x 2
    shutthegate34
  5. Fredddy023

Fredddy023 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    fredddy#0
    Ratings:
    +111 / 20 / -33
    Great write up @ThatZachGuy!

Lets go Phantoms :team302::team302::team302: and @shutthegate you are a hell of a goalie good luck in the big league you will be greatly missed on and off the ice

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Pres x 14

Pres x 14 Grab me a beer.

Ratings:
    +88 / 8 / -9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. Jon l10l

Jon l10l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 117 / -139
    @ThatZachGuy Great read! Maybe add some TOA Differentials, PP/PK, ect? Keep up the good work!

GrosHodor
  8. Pres x 14

Pres x 14 Grab me a beer.

Ratings:
    +88 / 8 / -9
    Our boys have been doing work . @Darcy Kuemper and @shutthegate have been standing tall , our forwards have been also putting up points . Everyone clicks and no cancers on the team. You could say it's been a successful season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Hutty x

Hutty x Hutty x#0567

Ratings:
    +711 / 138 / -101
    @eh iTz Horty i think he forgot a certain 7-1-1 team from last week. Hmm

• Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Hilly

Hilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 6 / -16
    Patience my friend, the Hilly & @l Gabella l storm is brewing

• Like Like x 1
    hillhouse13
  11. Newb Slice

Newb Slice Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 1 / -6
    Least im not the only one who feels for shut he was a WALL in wed game

newbslice
  12. meka DVA meka

meka DVA meka Bring Load Management To LG

Ratings:
    +3,475 / 92 / -197
    @Clancy2113 Another week another still not bottom 5. This is going much better then expected.

Nybarisny