Season 11 Pro Am standings proposal

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Basketball Association (Discontinued)' started by bingo king, Jun 28, 2016.

?

Does the thought of a bounty league interest you?

1. Yes

2. No

3. has potential but needs work

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bingo king

bingo king Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    So here is the game plan for the league, essentially it will be a bounty league. This offsets when teams get matched up against a random opponent as we can't separate standings wins to show a difference between a lg v lg game opposed to a lg vs random team.

We have to use a different set up as the one limitation we are dealing with is standings page.

I feel this creates a fun different way to do a league until we can guarantee we'd play guys without having to restart games to get in a lobby with your opponent.

1. Seeing as how all games are going to be randomly matched, and LG has always used a set schedule we will create a schedule vs a random non human controlled team.
    2. This allows us to utilize all the LG abilities such as live broadcasts, lineups, stats and everything.
    3. Each team's owner or manager on call will enter stats for only their teams and a final score.
    Game Night
    1. All Managers on call will join a lobby 15 minutes before game so you all are getting your 5 ready.
      1. If you dont have 5 at 9 pm you will get a forfeit. Need to be communicating with guys.
    2. 9 pm we will all hit play as team. Some/All will match up with LGBA teams. If you do cool, if not STILL COOL.
      1. If you match up with a random team you’ll play that game still.
    3. After the game you’ll do stats as you usually would.

Here’s the catch: Records don’t matter until the weekend. Hypothetically let’s say we got 14 teams.

1. The 1st week everyone will be given a random “Bounty” number between 7 and 13. It won’t matter if teams have same numbers.
      1. This is your league standing.

2. The Random game opponent will have a bounty of 7.
    2. The Saturday following the week we will go through and add up the games. This will give you your true weekly bounty.
      1. Every game you play is worth 3 points. Win or lose regardless. This is a benefit of not forfeiting games to hopefully protect your bounty.

2. Your seed/bounty is based off of who you beat.

3. So let’s say you played 6 games in week 2 and you went 5-1 and you were the 13 seed.
        1. You beat the 10 seed, 4 seed, a random team(7), a 2 seed, a random team again, and lost to the 14.
          1. So for the week you acquired : 10+4+7+2+7=30. You also get 18 points for playing all 6 games. So in all you earned 48 points for the week.
        2. The other teams ranged from 22 to 67, just random numbers i’m throwing out.
          1. You landed with the 12th most points.

2. You’re team’s bounty is now worth 12 points.
      4. The Process repeats iteself the following week
    3. We will have an overall standings where your points are added up cumulatively and that will be where you rank for the season.
    4. This platform should keep guys all in same ish area with teams always being able to jump the standings as every game matters and it's all a random grab. losses cost big.

Guys, please feel free to tear a hole in this, question it, comment on it, give ideas to improve it. Make posts that enhance the league instead of blanket statements which serve no purpose.

This is just a proposal and I'd like to hear some views on it.

BingoKing91
  2. Lorenzo2k1976

Lorenzo2k1976 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm all for the Bounty League system. The only thing I have is what if teams don't get on for the 9pm synch and wait til later to get their game in. It will obviously hurt their bounty seedings of course, but getting 7 points -vs- a random is better than not playing at all. Is there a mechanism or plan for those that duck the time?

Lorenzo2k1976
  3. dantheman896

dantheman896 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 4 / -5
    Agreed with Lorenzo, there's gonna be teams who eventually duck out, or simply can't make that time.

Another thing is beating higher seeds good? Because if you need more points only receiving 2 points for the win in my eyes isn't a good thing.

No Streaming Account
  4. Lorenzo2k1976

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I believe the lower points in seeding the better, which would make more sense. I believe that's @bingo king intent.

Lorenzo2k1976
  5. AkaBalla2k

AkaBalla2k Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0 / -7
    Teams who duck probably won't have a good point total or strength of schedule thus not getting into the dance all playoffs?

No Streaming Account
  6. Lorenzo2k1976

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hell ya!

Lorenzo2k1976
  7. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Beating higher seeds is ideal as they are worth more points.

BingoKing91
  8. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    OK so slight confusion I'll clean up.

As long as you show up you get 3 points. If you were to reschedule your victory would still get you points bit you wouldn't get the 3 points for being there on time

BingoKing91
  9. Lorenzo2k1976

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sounds good!

Lorenzo2k1976
  10. Lorenzo2k1976

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Lorenzo2k1976
  11. romags101

romags101 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -2
    What are your thoughts on taking into consideration the strength of the random team. If one team gets matched up against a random team that has a 98 winning % and another gets matched up against a team with a 10 winning %, than shouldn't the team who beats the harder opponent earn more points (similar to beating a high ranked lg team).

Also from what I understand from Bingo's post (going 5-1 in week 2) you receive 10 points from beating rank 10 and 2 points from beating a rank 2 team. Assuming a 12 rank league, would it make more sense to use a 13 - n (n being the opponent rank) as the point formula. Therefore, beating the number 1 rank team earns you 15 points (13-1+3 where the +3 comes from completing the game on time) and beating the worst rank team is 4 points (13-12+3)

Lastly, I think tracking win % may be a helpful aid (non determinant) in the standings as a top team may have a lot of points but a poor record

No Streaming Account
  12. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    I like some of the thoughts brought up on this. My thoughts:
    the only real option i feel that is fair is that(and had kinda planned) the random team is placed like the other teams are. their wins get them placed also, that way it evens out in the end. It's a completely random opponent and it is askin for guys to get another photo for something that is kinda irrelevant as the "crap" random team is no different than perhaps a lower ranked lgba team beating a higher opponent. Just one of those things that happens and evens things out long run.

and for the most part you lost me on 2nd point but here's what i gather. i think that idea shrinks the numbers a lot and makes playing a game more vital than winning or losing. I also think it's a "lot" of work just to come out to the same conclusion. Add to that that if i beat the 10th best team and I'm the 13thd ranked team that gives me 3 points for winning and 3 points for just playing the game making it more about playing games than winning. where as if i beat the 10th best team i got 10 points for winning and 3 points for playing.

and the win% would be useful towards a tie breaker but using it for anything else wouldn't make sense as it's bout acquiring team's bountys no matter if they're a heavy hitter or a low man on pole.

Does that make sense or no? or am i on a different page? i want a well rounded system so any kind of pounding out of this is appreciated and If i'm not quite grasping feel free to tell me.

Also this system allows teams to join almost anytime throughout the season as teams could match up against randoms to get caught up points wise and be in the middle of the pack or because they're beating randoms to acquire points

BingoKing91
  13. romags101

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -2
    Bingo you said:

So let’s say you played 6 games in week 2 and you went 5-1 and you were the 13 seed.
    1. You beat the 10 seed, 4 seed, a random team(7), a 2 seed, a random team again, and lost to the 14.
      1. So for the week you acquired : 10+4+7+2+7=30. You also get 18 points for playing all 6 games. So in all you earned 48 points for the week.
    2. The other teams ranged from 22 to 67, just random numbers i’m throwing out.
      1. You landed with the 12th most points.

2. You’re team’s bounty is now worth 12 points

What I am confused about is it seems that you get 2 points for beating the 2nd seed and 10 points for beating the 10th seed team (maybe i'm interpreting this wrong). Shouldn't these values be reversed. so beating the lower seed team gets you more points?

No Streaming Account
  14. bingo king

Ratings:
    +281 / 6 / -27
    Seed is the wrong word. The 2nd seed would be referencing the 2nd worst seed.

Beating better teams gets you more points. Teams that are winning games get you more points when you beat them

BingoKing91
  15. romags101

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -2
    oh ok i get it. thanks

No Streaming Account