Season 23 Player's Guide (NHL and AHL)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by LG-McDonald, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,039 / 113 / -852
    We are less than twelve hours from the beginning of our 23rd season here in the LGHL! Prior to the season starting I wanted to touch base with the NHL and AHL players to discuss some rule changes and how those changes affect the players.

Seasonal Bans Increased to a Minimum of Two Season

No longer will the league issue single season bans to players in the NHL and AHL. The minimum ban length has increased to two seasons!

All players need to be aware of this, and understand that coming into the season.

Appeal Process?

Article One has changed due to the lack of a player's association and the direction we have headed with our development committee. Therefore that change has changed my role a bit. I have separated myself completely from the complaint process. Our BOG will be handling all complaints and will be over seen by our League directors(@kpy86 , @Tiddus). That frees me up to review and handle all appeals!

What I ask is that when filing an appeal, to please include all the info and proof you can. That will make my job easier to fully review the situation at hand. I also ask you file the appeal in the action center or address it in a PM to me.

I will be handling Management and Player appeals, so if questions arise please let me know.

IR Requests

No longer will a player be eligible to file their own IR requests in the action center. We removed that ability due to the massive amount of abuse we have seen in the final weeks of the season over the past few seasons.

Therefore if IR is required players are to make that request via PM to their Managers.

What I strong SUGGEST is make your requests in PM form so you have a paper trail to protect yourselves!!! A paper trail creates accountability.

IR Replacements(Temporary Call Ups) Are NO MORE!

This is a WIN WIN for our players. No longer will the League be replacing IR players with a temporary call up. What will happen instead is once a player is on IR he or she will be replaced by ECUs. To help accommodate our players and managers the ECU limits have increased as well. Therefore a player is ELIGIBLE TO ECU THREE TIMES A WEEK(MAXIMUM)! Also we are allowing players to ECU for a MAXIMUM of eight times per season!

Those limitations are PER LEAGUE not a player's total. That will allow our AHL TC players to play eight games at the NHL and AHL level.

The major benefit of this rule change is we can MAXIMIZE playing time for our players. Instead of a dedicated AHL player having to spend a week in the NHL on replacement, that player can ACTUALLY PLAY for both leagues now!

This will make overall organization strength and communication a key factor for success.

Deadline for Trade Requests!

With the trade deadline being April 3rd at 5 PM est, the deadline for players to request a trade will be the previous Sunday (March 27th) at 5 pm est.

Game Night Process and Setup

Last season due to input delay and connection issues we had a league wide gentleman's agreement to allow for games to start later than what is stated in Article Two. This season with input delay corrected and the connection overall appearing to be drastically better, we are going to enforce and respect the night game times.

As a player you role is to ensure when you are scheduled you are online on time to ensure your team does not forfeit based on you being late. Communication plays a major factor here as well. With the many forms of communication used in our League there is no excuse for a team to be wondering where you are. Of course an emergency situation is an exception to that and our personal lives come first but try and keep in mind by signing up for this league you have made an unwritten promise to play when scheduled. This League is no different than playing on a men's League hockey team or taking part in any other commitment we make for fun in life.

Minimum availability player's must give?

This should come as no surprise, since it has been in the rules for several seasons. As a player you MUST give four games of availability each week to ensure our Managers have adequate flexibility for creating their weekly schedule.

I understand things can change that drastically effect personal ability but that does not change the league requirement.

By not giving a minimum of four games, a player loses all rights in regards to playing time. If a manager has conflicting schedules and has to schedule a player for a game time they are not available for, the league will support it due to the player's inability to meet the minimum requirement.

All those factors apply for player's whom give NO availability as well.

Our mobile app makes giving availability easy, also we do accept Xbox messages for availability!

Participation, Commitment, etc

As a player you have the ability to be as active as you want to be. You can be a guy who posts 30 times a day in the chat box or a guy who shows up for his three games and that is it. Both types of players are welcome here, and make this league dynamic!

Looking at our current NHL forums, there is a ton of subjective write ups! That is great because it adds to our ever evolving competitive atmosphere.

I say it each and every season that this League is as good and as fun as you make it. The more you put in the better the experience! What I recommend is for all our players to engage in discussions on League direction, or personal write ups or even be active in our media and stream games! Each of those add a level of depth to our League making each day better.

Overall the League wouldn't exist without players. I say it all the time, our Staff and Managers wouldn't have a job if we didn't have players to educated, manager and play with. Therefore you commitment to LG is what makes this League fun!

Welcome to Season 23, and best of luck to each and every team on their journey to a championship!

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Let me know!

• Like x 16
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Dumb x 1
    LeagueGamingOfficial
  2. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877