Stepping down as AGM Toronto Marlies

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL PSN)' started by oneflycdnM3, Dec 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneflycdnM3

oneflycdnM3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -5
    Definitely did my part in helping to create a bidding strategy. Both myself and GM (Newfie Kanata) were barely included in the process. Any scouting games or opinions I had in the direction of the team immediately dismissed and excluded from bidding. I thought I picked wisely as I knew the GM of the Leafs, but I was mistaken. Sorry to all I wanted as part of our team, but I had virtually no input. Have a great season guys.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. HIDEnP33KnSNEEK

HIDEnP33KnSNEEK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 7 / -27
    Ya I've heard that happening more then once nhl gm just takes the reins didn't even watch any games just takes people he knows so dumb

• Get Good Get Good x 3
    No Streaming Account
  3. IllVIBEZIll

IllVIBEZIll Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,196 / 50 / -104
    Yeah it's an epidemic. We're supposed to feed our NHL clubs but the way it goes for most is not the way it should be. I had 13 mill of my cap spent for strictly NHL moves. I've been told that's actually against the rules here but who knows. I was pretty sour about it but at the end of the day it is what it is.

• Like Like x 1
    zubov_x_21
  4. HadjiBomber

HadjiBomber Darth Vader of LG

Discord:
    HadjiBomber#0330
    Ratings:
    +25 / 7 / -9
    pretty happy I landed on a solid roster of guys!

hadjibomber
  5. Untuchabl

Untuchabl I tried to be nice.....now I'll do what I do best

Ratings:
    +568 / 31 / -91
    Completely agree. If the NHL owners that create these shell AHL teams had to play on them, they would quit too. With that said quitting is by no means the right decision. My AHL GM is not "overjoyed" about me taking players from him. We don't know each other and he could just say fuck off, but he is a leader and is going to make the best of it for his team. He is determined to have the best team in the AHL.

Think about the players that are there for the full season, you are bailing on them. Instead of having a chip, improving the situation, you tuck tail and quit cause it's too hard!!! It pisses me off losing, however, I could lose every game this season, and I will still be doing everything I can to win the next. That is what being a leader is about.

To the rest of the AHL GM's in this situation, if you bail, you are no better than the person you think ruined your team.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. droxx22

droxx22 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 1 / -4

I agree for the most part. I am very new to management and LG but I will not let the mismanagement ruin my experience here. I will make the most of it and try to learn as much as I can so that one day hopefully I move up the ladder in the management role. It does suck though that some of the Owners Failed on their own bidding session are using the AHL one to correct those mistakes. It also sucks that some people believe the AHL is not worthy of their time. I have reports of several people quitting not just management vary sad. Everyone knew the rules and seyup why would you even sign up just to quit.

• Like Like x 1
    droxx222
  7. J-Stephens76

J-Stephens76 A bum with no thumbs

Ratings:
    +47 / 1 / -4
    Better yet think of it this way. Your job as a AHL GM/AGM is too feed the NHL. If he is building his team through his AHL team then so be it. A lot of AHL guys think it is "my team" and it is, to a certain degree. Being an AHL GM/AGM is harder than any other management job. Quitting should not be the answer. Taking your ball and going home looks really bad.

• Like Like x 4
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    J_Stephens76
  8. WeAreAirborne

WeAreAirborne I'm really bad at the sticks.

Ratings:
    +21 / 1 / -7
    You guys have to realize that you are a farm team FOR the NHL. Thats how it works in real life, and thats how it works here. Ya you're gonna lose players you don't wanna lose, but you don't have a choice. You signed up for the job, now deal with the consequences and don't complain about it.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. Untuchabl

Untuchabl I tried to be nice.....now I'll do what I do best

Ratings:
    +568 / 31 / -91
    You would be correct if the real AHL took all the players not in the NHL then made them go through bidding. It is the slam at once that is the issue, not the feeding of the upper league. If you were to extrapolate the small yearly feed out over say 5 years and do it at once.......this was the equivalent of bidding for some teams.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    No Streaming Account
  10. Moranaconda

Moranaconda Retired

Ratings:
    +1,622 / 17 / -154
    It has to be one team one organization from top to bottom my Owner did take a couple players from me but hey that is my job is to get people up to the NHL. I know some people just got completely screwed over and that really sucks and is absolutely unfair. But that just means it's time to hit the scouting hard and recruit new players to take the place of the ones you lose. There is so much talent out there and guys that just need a shot to play and I PROMISE you some will make you sick and some will knock your socks off. Cheers to pushing through the hard times to get to the good boys. Everybody make it a great competitive season. Good luck to all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Moranaconda
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.