Media Trade Review -- For fox sake, what happened?!

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by IlFox, Oct 20, 2017.

1. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    The people asked for it, the people have received.

This morning at 1:55 AM, a trade began which sent the LG chat box into total chaos. Part 1 of 4 in a 4 team trade that involved Bakersfield, Utica, Laval, and Texas. The people were quick to jump at the Bakersfield management as they seemed to have moved a lot of good players for one guy, this guy.

While it seems like Bakersfield gave up too many good players in order to get This Guy l 27 l, it’s important to note that there was 4 teams involved, and presumably, none of the individual trades would have happened by themselves. With that being said, let’s take a look at who won this trade, and let’s break it down a bit further.

Bakersfield :team515: While they seemed to have made ridiculous individual trades, they only did so because they acted as the middle man for the whole deal. In essence, Bakersfield did the following :

Added: @This Guy l 27 l
    Lost: @Record l77l , @Ranger x 28

At it’s core, this isn’t a bad trade. Seemingly they are upgrading the FWD here as This Guy l 27 l has posted some decent numbers in the AHL despite never spending a full season in it. Without knowing if all the FWD’s are signed up in their rightful positions, the only other potential issue is that they will need a winger to play in the C slot now. This could end up playing a factor as they traded away a C that has a career 53.7 FO%. As for dumping Ranger x 28, it’s hard to tell why they’d let go of their – should be - #1 goalie. However I am sure we’ve all seen the Ranger/Salty exchanges in the chatbox, it’s hard to tell what kind of relationship he had with the team. My guess is there is a lot of behind the scene sarcasm/jokes which could have potentially not been interpreted as so. Important to keep in mind though that they do have a GM as goalie, and Itachi is a solid goalie as well.

Overall – I don’t think Bakersfield lost this trade, but it is dependent on a winger being able to fill the C slot and This Guy l 27 l continuing his solid AHL numbers.

Laval :team87: Their involvement in the trade is a little interesting. If I remember correctly, This Guy l 27 l is one of Gilbzey cousin’s or something rather, but so is Wrextify? Or they are good friends. Please correct me on this @Gilbzey , in any case, they did the following :

Added: @Wrextify , @Os1r1s54 , @Record l77l
    Lost: @III BELIAL III , @x G R E N I E R , @This Guy l 27 l

For those of you who know @Lorenzo x 24 , you know this man is nuts. Great guy, but he certainly is quirky lol. I am unsure of what this trade really accomplishes for Laval other than bringing Wrextify over to play with Gilbzey. That being said, there is a few interesting points here. First off, this really bolsters Lavals offense. They have Lorenzo/Breezy, Gilbzey/Wrextify as a good 1-2 punch. Both these duo’s have immense chemistry and will be lethal with wtv RW they decide to pair with them. The interesting part of this is that they now have the opposite problem as Bakersfield and one of their C’s is sure to get shipped off or will be playing on a wing.

Overall – I think Laval is one of the bigger winners in this trade. Hate them or love them, Gilbzey and Wrextify is a good duo on offense that any team could benefit from. The D portion of this trade is a little less important as they traded a better defender away for a weaker one, however the better defender is a little bit of a wild card. Surprised him and Lorenzo didn’t weird out together.

Utica :team410: They had the least involvement as far as players in and out. Very simple trade here, in fact there is almost nothing to report.

Added: @Tatar l21l
    Lost: @Wrextify

Overall – Another trade winner here. Solid trade as there was no way @l Mackie l was doing anything with Wrextify other than trading him or keeping him in TC. On top of that it brings his pal Tatar to the team which is a solid addition to the Utica roster. I am sure the two Utica goalies are quiet in the chat right now since one of them is on the outs here as they just got a starting goalie added to the team.

Texas :team300: These guys were involved in the trade for the benefit of Utica. I don’t think they got any better, but don’t think they got any worse. Here’s what happened:

Added: @Ranger x 28 , @III BELIAL III , @x G R E N I E R
    Lost: @Tatar l21l , @Os1r1s54

Swapped out a starting goalie with another, gained one forward, and upgraded a defender. One thing for sure here is they certainly added personality with Ranger and Grenier.

Overall – They could be seen as the loser of the trade, but I don’t think they got any worse.

There you have it folks. If I were to rank who won I would go with :

1. :team410:Utica
    2. :team87:Laval
    3. :team515:Bakersfield
    4. :team300:Texas

Cheers.

• Like x 7
    • Informative x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    I won without having to do anything? Fuck ya.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    iMackie21
  3. GOAT YeeYee

GOAT YeeYee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 13 / -18
    Solid!! Utica won the trade no doubt!!!! ;)

• Winner x 2
    • Bad Spelling x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Get Good x 1
    • Funny x 1
    tatarl21l
  4. A Salty SaiIor

A Salty SaiIor Warning Group

Ratings:
    +2,026 / 48 / -76
    What I can bring is that wrextify wanted to play with gilbzey and this guy wanted to play for me. So in turn everyone got what they wanted.

Can confirm wrextify, gilbz and this guy are all cousins.

Now people can stop telling me I have a grudge to bury gilbz and his family because of s27 shenanigans.

• Like Like x 6
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. x G R E N I E R

x G R E N I E R G

Ratings:
    +44 / 6 / -3
    Save me boys.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Get Good Get Good x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Bobma12
  6. ll SiZZLe ll

ll SiZZLe ll Well-Known Member

Discord:
    llsizzlell#0
    Ratings:
    +45 / 12 / -30
    Mystical

• Like Like x 1
    In World of CHEL
    llsizzlelll
  7. xxCARUCHxx

xxCARUCHxx Caruch

Discord:
    marksr02#0
    Ratings:
    +55 / 19 / -9
    Great read, I feel like Trump, anything I do in the league I get no recognition for. From what I read, Texas upgraded at Goalie, RW, and Def and we lost in the trade? hmm I hope I can prove you wrong. Other then that it was a great read and your opinions were cool. Being apart of one of the biggest trade ever was just as cool.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. IlFox

IlFox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,365 / 25 / -54
    "They could be seen as the loser, but I don't think they got any worse"

I had to unfortunately pick someone as the loser. Although I think everyone in the trade got decent value.

No Streaming Account
  9. xxCARUCHxx

xxCARUCHxx Caruch

Discord:
    marksr02#0
    Ratings:
    +55 / 19 / -9
    Fair Fair...

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Belial I19I

Belial I19I Well-Known Member