Twitch Streaming Support

Discussion in 'LGHL Official League News Archive' started by frostx17, Apr 27, 2016.

1. frost I17I

frost I17I looking for a club Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,219 / 5 / -44
    Hey everyone! Just figured I would post this in order to have everything in the same spot. Right now you have to track it down, and this will be the easiest way to have everything in one spot.

@Tris10 has done some amazing work with this site, and has given us all kinds of tools to make this the best online 6s community today. One of the awesome features that LG offers is the ability to attach streams from Twitch, to the game being played. You may have noticed from time to time a box on LG above the chat featuring a streamer on LG. What you may not know, is that this site attaches streams from the players in the game, to the game itself! This is done by simply linking your external twitch account to your profile. LG will then attach your stream to the game being played according to who was scheduled to play that game based on time restrictions set in place. This ensures that only your scheduled LG game is streamed, and not something irrelevant to LG. Furthermore, the game will be archived to the site for users to watch after the game has been played!

As a player, this feature is awesome because it allows you to stay connected with who is who in the league (and be recognized faster than before). Go back and watch that triple overtime goal, showcase an insane move for LG Top 10, or even watch your next opponent in action! Streamed games also help management identify potential trade targets, call ups/send downs, and guys to keep an eye on for the next seasons bidding. We used to only rely on stats to give us an idea of how a player we never met plays. Now we can use video to key in on people who might not light up the scoreboard, but play a key two way role in helping their team win.

More importantly, streaming the games also allow management and players alike the ability to have video proof of league rules abuse. BoG can only act when there is some form of proof to support the claim being made. This may be anything from calling a forfeit on a team for not showing up on time (30+ minutes late), illegal use of players on roster, or violating league rules that lead to changing the outcome of the game. Streaming the game also provides additional backup for management, or league staff, to go back and verify stats etc. in the event of an OCR issue.

Want to be apart of this awesome feature? Below are a few links on how to get started with streaming. The first link will give you instructions on how to link your twitch to LG. This was initially made for Xbox, so disregard anything pertaining to the Xbox forum. @Tris10 is working on getting an API for PlayStation to allow us the opportunity to have the same features in place, but have not gotten that far. The second link will show you how to find another stream to watch based on who is streaming in game. Sometimes players use camera angles that are not ideal for your personal viewing preference. You may find another streamer who has a more "ideal" camera angle for streaming.

How to link Twitch to LG >> http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/lgv5-streaming-info.223412/#post-1398991

Want to watch another stream during the game >> http://leaguegaming.com/forums/index.php?threads/twitch-streaming-update.226540/

Most importantly, make sure you archive broadcasts to save the video after you finish the game.

[​IMG]

Need more help? Shoot me a personal message, or comment below. I will do my best to help you get started. Best of luck in your LG career!

My Twitch: http://www.{click the twitch icon button in the chat to enable twitch streams}/Remi_613

Thanks!

Brad

*** Edit: Look below for images on what your Twitch should look like to connect properly to LG. You have to have that blue box that says PlayStation like I do below the Xbox green box in the first image to work properly. ***

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    frostx7
  2. frost I17I

frost I17I looking for a club Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,219 / 5 / -44
    Just for verification, here are screen shots so you can see how it should look. You also need to make sure your PlayStation privacy settings are turned to open so the site and twitch can recognize your stream properly.

Permissions.PNG
    External Accounts Settings.PNG
    External verification.PNG

Hopefully this helps out!

frostx7
  3. bbraves1328

bbraves1328 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -3
    hi this is for anyone that can help. i have done exactly what it says on the screenshot it even says that i am linked with LG yet i am still unable to see my stream on the LG site. i would love to talk to someone about this. i have a few games this week still archived

• Creative Creative x 1
    bbraves1328
  4. Maddens26

Maddens26 BEAST MODE LGHL Owner (PSN)

Ratings:
    +209 / 10 / -35
    I'm having issues I linked in the external accounts it says on twitch that I'm linked to ps4 I got everything done I went over my setting and I've broadcasted every game yet nothing shows on website plz help

jmaddens26
  5. ryofthebeholder

ryofthebeholder I'm doing my best Staff Member LGHL BOG (PSN)

Ratings:
    +476 / 4 / -11
    Make sure it says linked to LG on your twitch account.

ryofthebeholder
  6. Maddens26

Maddens26 BEAST MODE LGHL Owner (PSN)

Ratings:
    +209 / 10 / -35
    It does it even offer a disconnect option

jmaddens26
  7. John_SheIdon

John_SheIdon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +404 / 6 / -14
    Very informative @frostx17, Thanks for the post.

@Joshleaman2015, These are the instructions on how to do so as you asked me & figured this would be easier for you to understand. If Anyone else has questions involving this then please refer them to this post.

Thank You! ​

John_SheIdon