Vol. 2, Issue No. 1 — LGFA Extra Time: We're Back, Baby

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming FIFA Association (Discontinued)' started by nubsy004, Aug 18, 2016.

1. nubsy004

nubsy004 LGFA Commissioner

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    nubsy004
  2. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Text versions of stories:

Season 7 bidding set for Sunday
    New players, big names up for grabs

By @nubsy004
    LGFA Extra Time Editor/LGFA Access Co-Host

The final season in FIFA 16 will ramp up on Sunday, when 16 teams in two leagues will fight for players via paychecks in bidding.
    Unlike pervious seasons, this year's bidding list is chock full of new, high-profile names, and a number of other LGFA mainstays typically in management finding themselves in the ranks of the draft list.
    The List
    As of Thursday night, 257 ballers have signed up for S7, including some management. Of those signed up, primary position breakdowns include 16 goalies, 40 defenders, 108 midfielders and 93 forwards.
    Just like any other LGFA season, netminders and back line leaders will come at a premium. With 16 teams in the league and only 16 goalies signed up, logic would say each of the potential protectors of the ole onion bag will find a home. However, 30 players have goalkeeper as a secondary position. How many of those 30 will actually play goalie full-time if needer remains to be unseen, and owner will have to know the lay of the land to get a goalie worth paying for.
    Dfense may be even more of a question mark for teams than goalkeeper, as most teams run at least a four-man back line. With only 40 primary position defenders signed up, that works out to an average of 2.5 defenders per team. Squads with defenders resigned or on management will have a leg up, and other teams will be in the balance regarding their back lines.
    Typical to LGFA seasons, midfield is the most popular area of the field. If teams generally have four in the midfield, there are enough signups for an average of 6.5 mids per team. However, with the lack of defenders in the draft list, bank on some of those drafted as midfielders finding their way to outside back or wingback positions as team rosters are finalized.
    Much like in real life, all the glory tends to go to the goal-scorers, and with 93 forwards in the draft list, that works out to an average of 5.8125 per team. The good news for owners? If you draft an inadequate forward, look to your TC. There will probably be two or three there to test out.
    The Players
    Owners in Season 7 will be delighted to see a bevy of new names, and some big names, in bidding this season.
    Most notably, the well-known and talented members of the Players' Association will be on the block — @lL A lK lE, @NinoRT9 and @Roon l 44 l. In the PA show earlier this week, Lake touted a forum post and poll he created asking who the most expensive players in bidding will be. Topping that poll is the one of the LGFA's most-known members of the Unlucky crew, @Unlucky Dustin, who garnered six votes. Lake and Nino came in with five votes each, @TheNatural21 and @Joker l 1 l came in at four votes apiece, veteran @CKlassen got three votes, and @l EvO l earned one vote. @EcF Matuidi, @Benatia Jr and @o2DaTruth3o remain voteless. Also included in Lake's post as honorable mentions are: @SHIEK l 10 l, @B1end x, @Huether 10, @Rav l 10 l, @Roon l 44 l, @Van der Duke, @denverocks, @l Ponce l, @x lYl 0 N 3 Y z, @Poptart l 20 l and @VanB Matthias.
    As PA president, Lake has embarked on a heavy effort to recruit new players, and those owners who find the diamonds in the 257-man rough will set themselves up for strong seasons.
    The Teams
    Management-wise, forum posts indicate the top five teams, from 5-1, are Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Manchester City, Bayern Munich and Werder Bremen (still Everton on the roster). Each of these teams touts strong players on free contracts who have earned plenty of individual and team hardware. The top two teams are returning league table and FA Cup winners, and the three below them have (I believe) all won hardware in previous seasons.
    Spending money-wise, 10 teams will start out with $30 million — Aston Villa, Bayer Leverkusen, Chelsea, Dortmund, Leicester City, Liverpool, Stuttgart, Tottenham Hotspur and TSG Hoffenheim.
    Of the remaining six — Bayern Munich, Crystal Palace, Werder Bremen, Manchester City, Manchester United, Schalke 04, and Wolfsburg — each took their three resigns. Schalke and Wolfsburg, however, will start out with two resigns each, as Schalke sold one player, and Wolfsburg only has two resigns.
    As for cash, even though a player short, Schalke remains on top of the list with $29.75 million to spend, and Crystal Palace, with four roster players already after the purchase of KnucklesWhite, sits at $24 million.
    Last season's cup winners, Everton-turned-Bayern Munich, returns three top players and has $24.75 million to spend, barring rumors of cohesion issues within the team. Werder Bremen, with last year's golden boot winner and two other resigning, all at $500K to say the least, still has $25 million on hand.
    The returning owner who has set himself up the best seems to be SOCCER SM 10 at Manchester City, who with resigns and contract players has his two managers and five other roster players, plus $25.75 million to spend.
    Manchester United and VfL Wolfsburg round out the returning mangers' teams. Man U has three resigns and $25.75 million to spend. Bremen, who still has no GM on the roster, has two resigns and $25.75 to play with.

League officials lay out season plans
    League titles, league cups, Champions League to be handed out

By @nubsy004

With league play kicking off just more than a week away, Commissioner @Brisan66 is finalizing the plans for scheduling and cup play.
    This season will include eight British Premier League teams and eight Bundesliga teams, with cups for each league and a Champions League to be played throughout the season.
    BPL Teams include: Aston Villa, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Leicester City, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur. Bundesliga teams will include: Bayer Leverkusen, Bayern Munich, Dortmund (changing from Fulham), Schalke 04, Stuttgart, TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, VfL Wolfsburg and Werder Bremen (changing from Everton).
    The five-season week will feature four nights of play, starting off Sunday and Monday at 9 and 9:40 p.m. est with inter-league play. Monday, at 8 and 8:40 p.m. est, will be inter-league cup games, for the FA Challenge Cup for the BPL and the DFB Cup for Bundesliga. Finally, 8 and 8:40 p.m. est games on Wednesday will be Champions League games.
    "In league play, each team will play one another three times, which would leave us with an extra game to be played in the final week," Brisan said.
    For the league cups, teams will be divided into two groups of four, with each team playing one another twice. The top two teams in each group advance to the knockout phase, where two legs will be played in the semifinals in Week 4, and a one-leg final will be played in Week 5.
    In the Champions League tournament, all 16 teams will be divided into four groups of four. Again, each team will play one another twice in the group stage, with the top two teams advancing to the quarterfinals in the knockout round. Unlike league cups, all knockout round games in the Champions League will be only one leg.
    "Due to having an extra time slot [late in the season], we may have a Super Cup between the two league table winners," Brisan said.
    Brisan said groups for the cups have not yet been determined, but will be settled before the first round of league cup games begin on Aug. 30.

Blues thank league for great S7
    Chelsea declares itself treble winner in preseason

By nubsy004

It was over even before it began.
    Three days before bidding and 10 days before the first pair of boots will grace the pitch, Chelsea management has issued a statement thanking the other 15 BPL and Bundesliga squads for a fantastic season and easy road to the first-ever LGFA treble.
    "We would just like to thank everyone for their support this season, and we couldn't be more proud of our Blues squad for already winning the BPL, the FA Challenge Cup and the Champions League," said @Marijuano626, Chelsea owner. "We have a top-flight management team, and it's clear that no one in the league could have pulled off this feat but us. That's why it has never been done before — because us three weren't here to do it."
    When reached for further comment, @xxxHERCULESxxxx, AGM of the Blues, said the triple-title run was as easy as pie.
    "I may be a defender, but that didn't stop me from leading the golden boot race, becoming the assist leader, and recording more clean sheets than all other teams combined," he boasted. "I mean, who really thought they was gonna beat Chelsea? These other managers are all up in the comments, talking about how they are legends, talking about how they are the best in FIFA and having the word 'King' in their names. That's why we already won it all. Welcome to death row."
    @Brisan66, LGFA commissioner, said unfortunately for other squads that were hoping for hardware this season, the Blues broke out the brooms and swept the trophies away.
    "Well, they called dibs, so that means they win," he said. "I'm not a fan of the rule, and it's a bit unfortunate some inflated bobbleheads won three trophies this early. But, that's what happens when you take the bull by the horns and start your season off this way."
    @K inG x NeymaR, Owner of Liverpool and target of "xxxSonOfZuesxxxx" in the forums, said he can't believe it's over so soon, but he is relieved.
    "I'm sad I didn't repeat my Ballon D'or performance, but my ego was getting so big I was going to have to make another gamertag just to support it," he said. "All that said, I expected this kind of move coming from a mediocre player. He's trying to convince himself he's decent at the game, and even though he has all these titles now, I should still let him know that he is not."
    Marijuano said he's glad to have punked so many scrubs in the LGFA, and so early.
    "We talk a lot of trash, sure, but as you can see by what we've done so far, we back it up," he said. "@l Trae l can say we are ass as much as he wants, but I have a job to do, rent to pay and mouths to feed, so this course of action was our only option. I can't be on all the time throughout the season, so we just had to win it all now."
    Hardly heard from until now, @XPrEttYB0Y818X, GM of Chelsea, said he just got back from a long vacation in Maui after Mexico's quarterfinal exit from the LGFA World Cup.
    "What? We won the treble?" he asked excitedly. "I can't believe we did so well! To think, I just spend three weeks on the beach downing mojitos left and right, and now I'm a treble winner. This is unbelievable."

SATIRE DISCLOSURE: This article is not serious in nature. If you believe what you have read here, Extra Time and the LGFA relinquish all responsibilities regarding your actions. Carry on.

NOTE FROM THE EDITOR: Do you know how to spell? Can you string multiple sentences together with proper punctuation? Do you know this league like the back of your hand? I am looking for a contributor to do Power Rankings. Message me on the site or on Xbox if interested. Shout out to Neymar and his Liverpool scouting post for inspiration in crafting this message.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    nubsy004
  3. TIMBORULES

TIMBORULES Are you about that Fifa life?

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -10
    Just wondering Brisan...why is the German league soo stacked compare to the EPL

No Streaming Account
  4. TIMBORULES

TIMBORULES Are you about that Fifa life?

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -10
    Good job glad my post/poll had a little part in your article it was a good read

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  5. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Lots of good forum posts this preseason, so it made sense to include them as much as I could :)

• Like Like x 1
    nubsy004
  6. lRoon

lRoon Philly Philly

Ratings:
    +103 / 2 / -6
    Great job as always nubsy

• Like Like x 1
    roonmastaflex
  7. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217

I think the EPL is better because of our future Super Cup winners of Chelsea @Marijuano626

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Lokix6x
  8. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Future? I think they've already won. Didn't you read the article? lmao

nubsy004
  9. KC x44

KC x44 LGFA's Peter Vermes

Ratings:
    +206 / 11 / -16
    Good work Nubsy. I might be able to whip up a Power Ranking for 1 of the leagues if you'd want.

No Streaming Account
  10. nubsy004

Discord:
    nubsy#0718
    Ratings:
    +1,047 / 16 / -43
    Let's see where you go. If you got to a BPL team, could have you do Bundesliga and Mamba do EPL.

nubsy004
  11. K inG x NeymaR

K inG x NeymaR Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -15
    This guy is more ass than I tought. Can someone explain him?...

• Like Like x 2
    Navigating Menus
    Neymar999qc
  12. Marijuano626

Marijuano626 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1
    Chill out little man syndrome

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    No Streaming Account
  13. Natural Michu

Natural Michu LG World Cup Winner

Ratings:
    +14 / 4 / -3
    Marijuano I don't think anyone on this site gives a shit what you say you huge ego'd twat.

No Streaming Account
  14. Natural Michu

Ratings:
    +14 / 4 / -3
    so with that being said, Good work Nubsy and I look forward to putting 6 past Chelsea.

No Streaming Account
  15. Marijuano626

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1
    Oh foreal? Man I thought they did :(

No Streaming Account
  16. Natural Michu

Ratings:
    +14 / 4 / -3
    Not after you won the treble and the WC.. oh wait... ;)

No Streaming Account
  17. Marijuano626

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1
    Lol OK? Am I supposed get mad or ...

No Streaming Account
  18. RAWness l13l

RAWness l13l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 1 / -4
    Lighten up and make sure you read the fine print before Apple comes and kidnaps you for their human centipede experiment.

"SATIRE DISCLOSURE: This article is not serious in nature. If you believe what you have read here, Extra Time and the LGFA relinquish all responsibilities regarding your actions. Carry on."

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. Montano l 80 l

Montano l 80 l EL DIABLITO

Ratings:
    +77 / 2 / -14
    Marijuano.... nubsy wrote a disclamier of not to be offended and the first thing you do is feel offended there banana news chill
    Second im tired of your shit if you have a life then why you playing lgfa then?? Arent you too busy i can show i earn more money than you and i dont go around telling to get a life I have my AA degree about to acheive my bachlors so chill when you insult people

No Streaming Account
  20. Montano l 80 l

Montano l 80 l EL DIABLITO

Ratings:
    +77 / 2 / -14
    Great job Nubsy good shit

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account