Worst Value Players In S27 (Worst RW Edition)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by xCROSBYx l87l, Aug 31, 2017.

?

Should I Do More of These?

Poll closed Sep 2, 2017.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Go back to eating cheese puffs you fat idiot

5 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. Nex l26l

Nex l26l I didn't finish high school

Ratings:
    +809 / 37 / -51
    Disclaimer: This is a fun post, and meant not to be taken to heart. I would like to do all positions, Best and Worst, periodically throughout the offseason. If you are butthurt please send an email to @H1llary4Pr3z. They WILL be read and not deleted! (Also, this isn't political. I just couldn't come up with an original joke about emails.)

Description - These numbers are results of a formula that I have come up with based on stats from previous seasons. It shows the value of the player's in $$$ of the opinion of my formula. IT IS NOT AN EXACT SCIENCE! These players out of all the AHL RWs last season had the most money in the negative.

3 Worst:

@AM B00M3R - Boomer was won by Bridgeport in last season's bidding with a bid worth $1.5M. After bidding, each party agreed to a 2 Season deal.

I give Boomer a lot of credit for stepping up in the last few weeks and assuming the manager's role. However, that doesn't get him off the hook when it comes to his play on the ice.

In 20 games, this was his slash line * 13G/17A/-27/ 2-15-3 * Accounting for all of these stats he played like a negative $2.3M player. With there being 9 FWDs to a team and ~$25M to spend, the average F should cost ~$1.4M (He now costs $3.8M in the negative because of his current deal + what he owed Bridgeport. When I say he was 'in the negative' it is meant to show how many more players or what caliber of player they COULD have replaced him with had they used their cap wisely.)

This is where my 'tool' comes in handy. His last AHL season before 27 valued him at $300k. (Obviously under the minimum bid range) Point being is that Bridgeport overpaid him by more than a million and could have avoided a bad contract and put Boomer and them, both, in a better spot to succeed.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Savage Ns - Savage was won by Tuscon in last season's bidding with a bid worth $1M. This was just a 1 Season deal.

This one pains me dearly. Not only because I won Savage in bidding S26 as the Iowa Wild GM for $750k but because he's not a bad guy and I hate to rag on him like this.

In 20 games, this was his slash line * 8G/19A/-23/ 8-10-2 * Accounting for all of these stats he also preformed like a negative $2.3M player. He was 85% below the league's PPG Average for forwards. In total, his salary + his -$2.3M value made him a $3.3M dud.

In his last season before 27 (S26, the season that I bid on him) I got him for $750k. His actual retail price for S27 should have been $1.1M. So not to 'toot my own horn' but this is why the tool is valuable. I was able to get a player in S26 that performed above his salary. (This just goes to show you that you need to look at his seasons previous to this one and calculate it all together because Tuscon actually UNDERpaid Savage from his previous season's preformance yet he still cost the team a lot of money. In order for this tool to work you would also need to find the right fit with that player or agian it may not work properly. Hence the challenges of being a GM)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Sh0wtime I88I - Showtime was won by Manitoba in last season's bidding with a bid worth $1.75M. This was just a 1 Season deal.

Showtime is arguably one of the, most consistent, worst players to play in this entire league. No offense to him but he has never proven himself at any level of competetion. Why he was given $1.75M is beyond me.

In 27 games, this was his slash line * 16G/25A/-24/ 9-16-2 * Accounting for all of these stats he preformed like a negative $1.7M player. There is not much to say about Show other than the fact that the only reason he isn't even more in the red is because he played in 7 more games than the other two which gives him credit for showing up. With his ridiculous salary of $1.75M and the $1.7M he should owe Manitoba he was $3.45M in the red. He has been a bad player all of his LG Career and I should not have to explain why even $500k was wayy too much for him. Good luck to him going forward.

This has been the first iteration of 'Best and Worst Values' the Worst RW edition. Please ask me anything you want to know, other than why I haven't left my house in 3 years. If this goes over well I hope to do a 'best and worst' at every position over the coming weeks before NHL 18's season gets underway. Thanks for reading!

-Crosby

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    No Streaming Account
  2. Landy Byng

Landy Byng hockey

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 124 / -181
    • Like Like x 8
    • Get Good Get Good x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. AM B00M3R

AM B00M3R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 1 / -1
    I suck hopefully everyone realizes that now... but in all seriousness by far my worst season in terms of luck and results on the ice. Feel like I should've been the worst tbh lol. But nice write up.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  4. Loki x6x

Loki x6x See Ach El BOG

Discord:
    lokix6x#0
    Ratings:
    +5,000 / 139 / -217
    I'm with you

• Like Like x 1
    Lokix6x
  5. EricE30

EricE30 -------

Ratings:
    +1,550 / 24 / -63
    where am I?

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  6. Hansum Horty

Hansum Horty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +831 / 54 / -127
    No Streaming Account
  7. Huddy

Huddy Man.

Ratings:
    +248 / 50 / -144
    Add me to the worst goalies edition thanks

• Informative Informative x 1
    No Streaming Account
  8. Grandma in Urn

Grandma in Urn HUT Champion

Ratings:
    +449 / 38 / -111
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Malchesky
  9. Lividpenguin342

Lividpenguin342 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +664 / 72 / -103
    That savage guy once told me how to play defense bitch im 4th fwd cover me

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Jon l10l

Jon l10l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 117 / -139
    Sorry but why isn't @NickyDubya on this list...This is an achievement that would look so good on his "talented 1st line" resume

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    GrosHodor
  11. Nex l26l

Nex l26l I didn't finish high school

Ratings:
    +809 / 37 / -51
    He's worth $2.3M and his P.E.R is 58.32 - DEFINITELY not 1st line material... tisk tisk tisk

No Streaming Account