XXLG Connected Madden Franchise RuleBook

Discussion in 'LG Madden Online Franchise' started by Hattori Hanso, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Hattori Hanso

Hattori Hanso Madden Connected Franchise Commissioner

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Note: Our League Rules have evolved from many years of experiences and understandings of specific issues from various madden releases.

Settings
    -8 minute quarters, Runoff down to 20 Seconds, All Madden

Custom Coaches ONLY League

Advance Times (Twice a Week)
    (Flexible + All times Eastern)
    Thursdays 9:00 pm
    Sundays 8:30 pm

Gameplay

Things to know and what is expected in games

1. You are responsible for your connection. I recommend a wired connection and limit streaming during the game. Players will be penalized if complaints mount.

2. We do not allow Custom Playbooks.

3. We expect owners to use a variety of plays and styles of plays in a given game... in other words.. RUN AN OFFENSE. Play in a style that is true to your team.

3A.This also includes: Not running plays too frequently, no running the same type of play too frequently (ie bombs), and keep a limit to how frequently you bounce inside runs to the outside. Try not to exploit the games shortcomings (Don't run parallel to the line of scrimmage). At the same time if you are on defense and you run the same plays over and over, the offense must take what you give them.

4. No manual hot-routing of defensive lineman in a 3-Point stance into zone coverage. We do not want people selecting defensive lineman and dropping into coverage with them. The one exception would be if the play was naturally a zone blitz.. in which case run it as much as you'd like.

5. Users are only allowed to manually move ONE player pre-snap. Player movements should be logical and representative of real life- IE it makes no sense to move a FS to the Dline. The primary tool for player movement is the pre-snap group shift feature.

6. This one is new: Players should not be manually moved pre-snap on kicking attempts, this includes punt returns as well. We've allowed th Edited out for now.is in the past but it just isn't sim.

7. The No Huddle offense will not be used in the first or second half before the two minute warning. If you are down by two scores or more in the second half you may use the no huddle to attempt a comeback.

8. Do not abuse hard counts.

9. Goal line offense and defense formations should only be used inside your opponents 10 yard line. Outside of the 10 yard line there must be at least one receiver on the field at all times.

10. Onside kicks are only allowed in the 4th qtr when down by 9 or more points with less than 5 minutes left and when losing anytime in the 4th qtr with 3 minutes or less. It is common sense. Again, they must be announced.

Special Rules vs CPU
    ALL RULES THAT YOU OBSERVE VS HUMAN OPPONENTS SHOULD BE OBSERVED VS CPU OPPONENT.

A. You do not get to restart any game vs CPU for any reason without approval from the commish and you may be asked to provide a pic of the screen to be considered. That means if you begin the game, if you quit or you are DC'd for any reason, then the game must be simmed. If we see games vs CPU started multiple times, you may be removed from the league.

B. One of the most important things to remember is to play sim vs the cpu as well as your human opponents. If you are blowing a team out, bring in your back ups. Do not pad stats. That is not realistic, totally not a sim action. We monitor box scores each week. I will not force anybody to put their backups in, but consider that injuries will be turned on for all games.

C. If you are fortunate enough to play the CPU you have an easy win advantage.. please do not use this as an opportunity for a statistical advantage. I will keep note of the game stats.. please do not abuse the cpu for XP and league awards.

Rules for 4th Down

A. 4th Down Rules vs Human
    -You should not got for it on 4th down when winning - play defense.
    -4th Down Rules vs Human- There are very limited scenarios where we will condone 4th down attempts. Typically those scenarios occur when a player has short yardage to go, you are down, and punting is irrational. Be smart about this because these very issues are the biggest aspects that separates sim from ranked style.

B. 4th Down Rules vs CPU
    -The only time it is acceptable for you to go for it on 4th down vs cpu is when trailing by 9 or more points in the 4th quarter. Any other time is considered abuse.

-Common sense is a must to play with this group. If I at any time feel that you do not possess the common sense necessary to play SIM football, I will take it upon myself to remove you for the good of the league and our other members.

Sportsmanship

1. Against Humans: In XXLG we have a 35 point hard cap on point differential. Under no circumstances do you exceed this score difference. Punt the ball or run out the clock. There will be no running up the score on other members of our community. If you are up by 10 and your opponent has no way to stop the clock then take a knee.
    1A. At the same time if you are being blown out it is your responsibility to recognize when it just isnt your day.. it happens to all of us. If you run the no huddle when the game is out of hand then your opponent has the right to defend. If your opponent is still using timeouts, you are not expected to just let him back in the game. If he has not given up or conceded defeat, you should not either.

2. Do not purposefully milk the play-clock in non- clock run down situations. You may play at your own pace, but your pace should not be snapping the ball with 3 secs left every time. You should not use the clock-runoff in first half until inside the 2 minute warning in the 2nd qtr.

3. Rage quitting can result in an automatic removal from the league. This is the king of sins in Sim Gaming.

4. Pass/Run Ratio: Every game has its own personality. There are times when you play in wind or crap weather and it is reasonable for you to run the ball excessively. With that same logic , there will be times when you are being blown out and you need to throw excessively in order to catch up. Players will be expected to have a fair balance of run and pass in a given game, but I will not be monitoring individual game Pass/Run ratio. However, your overall season ratio must stay under 70/30 in order to remain in the league.

5. In the event that one owner has been disconnected because of server[​IMG] issues, game should be restarted. Be a gentleman and recognize the situation. If you were down by 14th in the 4th quarter and your opponent had the ball, perhaps its best to auto yourself or inform me to provide an auto-win.

6. Any owner who quits league without notifying Commissioner is not eligible to return

Abusive Play

1. Abusive play should be reported to the commissioner.

2. Report abusive play when you win and when you lose so your complaints are not mistaken for being a sore loser. As a community we must respectfully correct and police one another. Commissioner will not overreact to your complaint.

3. If you were down by 14th in the 4th quarter and your opponent had the ball, perhaps its best to auto yourself or inform me to provide an auto-win.

Rules on Posting in Forums
    A. You are encouraged to report abusive play or post on any topic league related that you wish as long as it is expressed in a mature way, void of name calling and cursing. It is not necessary to curse or name call when expressing yourself in an intelligent manner.

Communication:

1. Headsets: Players are expected to wear their headsets during games. XXLG is a friendly community and it is preferable that players get to know each other, but it is not a requirement. I understand that games often take place late in the evenings and that people prefer not to wake those around them.. in those instances it is your responsibility to find a way to communicate with your opponant. What is a requirement is that players communicate their intentions on legal 4th down plays, two point conversation, and onside kicks. In XXLG we do not have surprise 4th down attempts, 2-point conversions, or onside kicks.. EVER.

2. Scheduling Games:
    Players are expected to be aggressive in scheduling their games. You may tag players in messages in the XXL facebook group, send instant messages through Facebook, or send messages on XBOX Live. Its expected that players will, at minimum, have everyone in their division on their friends list. There are no excuses for not reaching out to an opponent on the day of advance. You should not just wait for opponent contact you to play. Be proactive and know who your opponent is each week.

3. Missing Games: We are all adults and life happens. I will not punish a player for missing a game if they have put in the appropriate effort in letting their opponent know that they are unavailable to play. Be honest and take accountability by asking me to put you on auto (or doing it yourself). I wont even take note of those situations. But if i find that a player is the cause of multiple sims and didn't let another player know that they weren't available we will consider penalization or removal.

4. Bullying: Again..I expect all players to be respectful to their opponents in game and on the boards. If you have a problem with an opponent you may respectfully bring it up to them during the game. There will be instances where two players need to talk out the sim aspects of the game. IE if a 4th down attempt situation is borderline then I expect one player to ask the other if they think its ok to make the attempt. Healthy trash talk is fine but be careful to not insult. We are here for a fun environment - not bullying.

5. Outbursts: Again - If you have a problem with another player then communicate with the commissioner privately. I will make note of the issue and bring it up with the another owner privately. I will not tolerate public outbursts.

Transactions

Trades/Trading Draft Picks,Trade Deadline

1. Trades should be performed as a trade transaction. You are never to drop a player and pick them up.

2. All trades are reviewed by the commissioner. Trades will not be reviewed until they are posted and agreed to by the parties publicly in the Trade Proposal thread.

3. Owners may be asked to provide reasoning behind each trade.

4. You can trade draft picks. You may only trade draft picks for the upcoming draft. Never two drafts ahead.

5. Week 7 will be the final week to agree to trades. Remember that a trade will not process if one player has played in the week and the other has not. The final trades will process at the start of week 8.

Rosters, Depth Chart, Salary Cap

1. Teams must have a minimum of 48 players on the roster to replicate real life game day rosters.

2. TE/WR: A WR is never to play TE. If an audible results in a WR moving to TE then you are responsible for the mistake. Call a time out. TE's however may play as 3rd WRs.

3. WR/HB: - No HB at WR - There are extremely rare circumstances where a RB may be put as WR in the depth chart. If they play both positions in real life or if the situation makes sim sense. A good example is Reggie Bush, who is 6'1 and has 80+ route running. In those situations the RB may only be subbed in as a slot WR. It is best to run it by the commissioner before making such substitutions. This also applies to WRs as RBs.

3A. Please do not change a players position in the offseason from WR to RB or RB to WR without consulting Commish.

4. OL May play any position along the Oline and may also play backup positions at TE.

5. DL can be interchangeable along the defensive line. Defensive ends may be used as 3-4 OLBs and vise versa.

6. DBs - All defensive backs are interchangeable.

7. HB/FB - You may put any FB at HB. When putting HBs at FB you must be very careful when considering whether or not the move makes sense for a sim league. Obviously Jamal Charles does not belong at FB. typically I will veto any player with good speed at FB unless they play the position in real life.

8. TE/FB - A blocking TE may be subbed as a FB. FBs in some cases may be subbed in at TE. A FB subbed in as TE must be at least 6'3 250lbs.

9. Depth charts should be set up realistically. For instance, you should not be putting a WR who is clearly the best WR on your team, in the slot to exploit match ups. If this happens naturally in your particular playbook then so be it.

Free Agency/Waivers
    1. Players are given autonomy to use whatever means to sign or re-sign players in the offseason.

2. At the completion of the offseason no free agents may be signed independant of the waiver process.

3. Each team is allowed 5 waiver claims. The emergency waiver claim is gone. The waiver order is determined by the standings from the previous madden season or by team ratings at the start of a madden cycle.

4. You make a waiver claim you must wait until the commissioner approves the claim before adding the player to your team. The waiver wait time is 24 hours OR until the next advance.

5. Instead of the emergency waiver, players will be allowed a total of 5 waiver claims that may be used to both pick up free agents and steal from other team's practice squads. You will now be accountable for filling your practice squad with players who can provide relief after injuries.

6. The Format: Team - Player - Position - Rating
    Once you have been awarded a player your waiver position will drop to the last spot.

* In some scenarios players will be allowed to fill roster spots with the lowest players in free agency. Ask permission before doing so.

I am always open to discuss modifying our rules or explain the thought process/history that resulted in the rule's creation. Happy Sim Playing!

Sign that you have have read and that you understand.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Ranked Match; 4th qtr.; 9 - 35
    No Streaming Account
  2. F3 Core

F3 Core New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Read and Excited!

No Streaming Account
  3. smythe dawonder

smythe dawonder The Team Podcast - Producer

Ratings: