Season 16 Info

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Ozzyng2, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I'd like to welcome everyone who is signing up to Season 16 of the LGHL. This thread will give some bullets to what the season will be.

*By signing up to the league you agree to all rules posted whether before or after you signing up and all adendums that might come into play for the best interest of the league by the League Officials.

If you change your mind and decide not to play in this season you will have up until draft day to ask for your name to be removed. There will be a specific thread for position change and/or asking for removal.

<button type="button" value="Signup" id="button_signup" class="btn btn-success btn-large" onclick="league_signup(37,16);"><i class="icon-ok icon-white"></i> Click here to Sign Up!</button>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NHL14 Yearly Calendar!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...a0dkdFBaWWJzcHc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Season 16
    Draft Date – 9/29/13
    Regular Season (8 weeks) – 10/6/13 to 11/27/13
    Playoffs Start – 12/1/13

*Playoffs maybe 3 or 4 weeks based on # of sign ups and final # of NHL teams we start with. If it is 4 weeks there will be a X-mas break and the final round will be after holidays (see calendar link above)

Season 17
    Draft Date – 1/19/14*

*Date(s) is subject to change depending on final playoffs of season prior.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With a new game coming out a revised rule book can not be completed until we can actually play the game and review some issues, if any. That being said, sections will be coming out as completed and below is some important bullets of what you are signing up for. The full Rule Book will be completed before draft & again, players will have the option to drop out with no penalty as long as it's done before the draft.

NHL Eligibility:
    Definition - “Full Season”, playing a minimum of 12 games . (combined, without being banned)

Pro

• Only players who have played a “full season”, in any of the past seasons starting from Season 14 will be eligible for the NHL draft. Seasons include S14, S15 NHL, S15 CHL & S4 IHL
    • Or players who received 3/4 (total teams) scouting reports from season 16 owners. If player is undrafted from this method, they will be considered "Amatuer" status.
    • If undrafted or signs up late are eligible for permanent Call Up
    Amatuer

• New players who do not meet these standards are required to play a “full season” in the AHL and not be permantly called up.
    • May be used for ECU (restrictions TBA in rule book)

*Each Season we will drop off the back seasons, leaving just the 2 most recent prior seasons. Any player not active for longer than longer than
    the 2 previous season will lose his/her “Pro” status.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Position Lock:
    There will be no position lock, however, teams will be restricted to draft and keep rosters based on primary positions. Player will still be limited to playing a 1:1 ratio of games @ their primary position and out of position games. This means if a team needs you to play D or G 2 games and you are a fwd, you will need to play as many at your primary fwd spot.

Positions are defined as the following and is not limited to specific “side”
    FWD (LW, RW & C)
    D (LD & RD)
    G

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

• We are anticipating 16 NHL teams with 16 AHL affiliate directly connected and ran by the NHL owners.
    • A CHL will be used if player base reaches numbers higher than roster sizes
    • There will be a thread opened to discuss game play rules, so please feel free to post any of your concerns in it.

New to the league?
    Game Times are as Follows (all times are EST)
    Sunday @ 8pm
    Sunday @ 9pm
    Monday @ 10pm
    Monday @ 11pm
    Tuesday @10pm
    Tuesday @ 11pm
    Wednesday @ 11pm
    Thursday @ 11pm

Confirmed Owners!

1. x iKarly x
    2. PETE MAGNUM791
    3. everett67
    4. Kryss85
    5. precise12

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Updated with first group of owner names release!

3. l37l FOX l413l

l37l FOX l413l C - #63

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    How do u check who the owners are? Nvm I had to refresh my page to see it

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  4. Nemzer 89

Nemzer 89 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +185 / 0 / -0
    What I'm wondering do I truly have to play in AHL and if so how is it compared to VHL as I didn't enjoy my time at that level.

No Streaming Account
  5. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    you will probably not like it just like how you didnt in the vhl.

Its_cakes
  6. Nemzer 89

Ratings:
    +185 / 0 / -0
    That stinks is it like the level of play all around is good or not so much. Because I hear this league is the other league to join besides VHL. Which I just don't want to waste anyones time and would like to play hockey that is somewhat actually competitive. Personally would like to be up in the NHL for the season I don't see why leagues do this I think if you are good enough and an owner wants you on there team their should be no reason why not. Doesn't really make to much since to me.

No Streaming Account
  7. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    To be honest, our league is kind of set up like that and we even have a waiver system for when players are sent down to call up "better" players.

Just so everyone knows, the reason why we chose to do this is because we need to know who is here for the league and are committed. In the past groups of people who are a bit better and "deserve" or of quality to play in what the NHL should be are allowed up....teams take them and they are not committed. They either are less active, quit because they didn't get on a super start team or quit because they're on a losing team. This, in turn, has teams calling up the same players that may not be the best players but are a proven part of our community. We know in time that the cream will rise to the top but we need a system in place that adds some type of stability. If you read the rules, our system currently allows us to lift/wave these rules if a team is in need. If/when we do, the players who are most active will earn the special privs.

Also, it is too early to tell but sign up count could dictate a change in format for this season too. Meaning, there is a slight chance, if sign ups are too low that we go with all NHL teams or something slightly different from what are projected plans are.

As for quality of play, I would say currently there should be no difference...both levels will have the good, the bad & the ugly.

8. meme god x 420

meme god x 420 h e l l o

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 10 / -53
    But if he scouts with 75% of the teams, he's allowed to play in the NHL. Right?

bearditv
  9. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    Correct

10. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    I guess, this is something Tris threw in so I keep forgetting about it. I'm not even sure if that many owners will be doing scouting. It's not mandatory for owners or players to scout.

11. pete magnum791

pete magnum791 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    will wit scouting i think they will be alot its a new game so owner's are going to want to see whos good n not

No Streaming Account
  12. Nemzer 89

Ratings:
    +185 / 0 / -0
    Oh well if thats the case I will scout not a problem lol just like playing 6s.

No Streaming Account
  13. Kryss85

Kryss85 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    kryss85#0
    Ratings:
    +170 / 19 / -28
    This is definitely the league to join. Tris did a great job of making sure we have all of the tools to have an attractive and easy to use system in place. After playing here and just having access to the app, I can't see why anyone would play anywhere else. Competition level is getting good and there are a lot of people who really care about all the aspects of the game, site, etc. that I think you will really enjoy yourself

No Streaming Account
  14. Boglord

Boglord AHL Bound!

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Boo to no position lock :(

No Streaming Account
  15. Buckneison

Buckneison Well-Known Member

Discord:
    buckneison#0
    Ratings:
    +21 / 5 / -6
    I keep clicking the sign up button and it's not working.. wtf lol

No Streaming Account
  16. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    hmm i dont know of any problems with it.
    If you are using internet explorer, don't ;)

17. precise12

precise12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'll be scouting hard, if you think you deserve a chance in the NHL make sure you're at those games. I'll be hosting quite a few.

No Streaming Account
  18. Ash x 7

Ash x 7 Got Club?

Ratings:
    +773 / 0 / -1
    7 seasons VHL (all NHL) and I don't mind starting AHL here if that's what's required. What's the page to bookmark if we'd like to aggressively audition for owners & GMs via scouting games?

No Streaming Account
  19. Ozzyng2

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    The main page with the chat box. All scouting games are scheduled on the "LG pick-up Games" tab under the chat box.

20. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,741 / 89 / -327
    We have a fully automated scouting system. Goto the forums home and below the chatbox you will see "LG Pick up games", click that button and simply signup for any game you can make

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.