Collusion Detection

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by TIN045, Dec 16, 2013.

1. StickNick555

StickNick555 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +263 / 0 / -0
    Damnit Brando beat me to it lol

No Streaming Account
  2. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    What people don't get is we are supposedly doing contracts that means 2-3 seasons that player could be locked up in theory, add in extensions one act of hiding someone could hold major advantage if they found the next top player and duped him coming in.

Sevv_09
  3. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93
    Way to catch Boany boys! Its disgusting that hes trying to put together a competitive team. How dare he try to get a couple steals in bidding. There should be a thread where if an owner comes across a good player in scouting, he must let everyone else in the league know so that everyone has an equal chance at getting said player.

I'm just glad that its easier to request trades this year, I know someone who isn't going to be playing for all these whiney owners this season.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    No Streaming Account
  4. Freddy Couples

Freddy Couples Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +445 / 0 / -0
    This is definitely not a big deal at all.

If an Owner finds a guy he likes, there's nothing wrong with saying, "You're a good player and I want you on my team. Scouting with other teams will make you more expensive to us, so don't scout for others, if you want to be here on the cheap."

The above is a sound strategy and there is nothing wrong with that. If a player decides to not scout, that's his decision, it's not mandatory for a player to play in scouting games. The player is taking the chance that said Owner won't find a better player to fill his spot with before bidding starts. So if a player wants to put all of his eggs in one team's basket, that's his choice. There's nothing wrong with an Owner or a player trying to preserve their best interest, as long as it doesn't hurt others.

Having a player not scout, doesn't hurt others, because a player is well within his rights to not play scouting games, it's a calculated risk by the player. It's a calculated risk for the Owner as well. If an Owner tells someone not to scout and then pencils them in as a sure bidding target, that Owner is making a plan based on that player not scouting and staying cheap. Who's to say that said player doesn't have a change of heart and decides to play some scouting games and gets the attention of other Owners? Now the Owner who thinks said player is not scouting is making budget plans around a guy he thinks he'll get for a low price, who could end up going for several million.

The only time I would deem it appropriate for an Owner to be removed over something scouting related is if there was evidence that an Owner requested that a player intentionally disrupt other scouting games. If he asks someone to go sabotage other games, to make proper scouting tougher for other teams, then both the Owner is tampering with other Owners ability to see other talent. Said player should obviously also be removed from the league, if said player agreed to said Owners request.

TLDR: The decision to scout or not is up to the player. If an Owner asks him not to scout, that player has the freedom to decide whether or not he wants to limit his exposure and risk being overlooked and falling to the AHL or CHL. An Owner should not be punished for trying to secure the best talent he can for the cheapest price possible, without interfering with other teams.

No Streaming Account
  5. smoke0128

smoke0128 Smoke weed

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    boany is definately the only person doing this and should be banned and shunned from the community what the fuck boany

No Streaming Account
  6. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    A few points here :

Player tampering in my eyes is defined as tampering with a player under contract. This situation I can see how some may take it as tampering.

I can understand how owners want a competitive and that I can not fault anyone for. The real issue I see is the the message this stuff sends to the community. We have ALWAYS run into the issues of players with ego only want to play for there friends or winning teams. The reality is that only ONE team will win, and some teams are going to be bad. That is how a leagues work.

I am also a realist too and understand that Owners are going still do whatever it takes to be competitive and gain and edge. So a thread of this natural is going to just make owners more careful when they do things.

I am more disappointed with the perception this all has. The player is now jaded and if he goes else where he will probably demand a trade or quit.

We have 30 talented and capable owners to play for. One is going to win, 29 are going to lose. That is the nature of the beast.

I hope everyone understands I have job to do and this stuff leaves and awful taste in my mouth as I try to build this league.

The players attitude I think is also worse than the Owner's message. We need players to be competitive but understand there is no promise the will go where they want to play.

Mandatory scout isn't going to solve anything in my opinion. Guys could just play awful for a few teams and look bad.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  7. Banging Models

Banging Models Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +918 / 5 / -10
    What is the point of running all these scouting games to find gems if I cant tell them not to scout when I find a gem? Thats the whole point of scouting. You think when someone finds buried treasure they leave it there for the next guy to come along and take it? Or let the government put it up for auction so someone who has more money can take what you found? You took my AGM away, im not going to stand for you attempting to take away my main source for elite 500k players.

No Streaming Account
  8. G lR ii M x

G lR ii M x Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 15 / -22
    Yes, it's unfair, but it's also something that will always exist.

In World of CHEL
    grimnhl
  9. ARoguePineapple

ARoguePineapple Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ARoguePineapple#9357
    Ratings:
    +425 / 2 / -10
    Jesus, people will cry and moan about anything these days, eh? What's the big deal? As long as the players aren't under contract, it doesn't really matter. Ultimately its up to the player to decide whether or not they listen to said owner and not scout. How do you expect a league of over 1000 players to manage and make sure that every player scouts for every team he's asked to scout for? It's absurd.

ARoguePineapple
  10. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    well, this could turn into a he said she said thing, unless the owner has sent messages, if it was in a party chat with no recording, how can you tell the truth? as for mandatory scotuing, that is way too hard on owners/GM's, over 1000 people? fuck the season wouldn't start until the spring lol

Its_cakes
  11. I Beat Up Cakes

I Beat Up Cakes Coach Cakes

Ratings:
    +2,550 / 108 / -133
    i love it when you get super serious :)

Its_cakes
  12. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    Wasn't there like 2-3 people in s12 who you told not to scout then didn't pick up on any level?

Sevv_09
  13. Ay Dindu Nuffin

Ay Dindu Nuffin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,630 / 55 / -82
    Who cares, We just need a Murph patrol.

No Streaming Account
  14. officialmark07

officialmark07 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,854 / 33 / -93
    He can do what he wants, players will take notice.

No Streaming Account
  15. LikeaHardPuzzle

LikeaHardPuzzle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +240 / 0 / -4

Buried treasure? Are we pirates now?

Most leagues have combined scouting and combines were all owners are allowed to scout all players at their prime. The difference between us, and real sports, is all 99% of players would play for any team that is willing to give them a shot, not just who they want. Well I know comparing internet hockey league, to real leagues is kinda dumb, but it's sure better the Pirates and Governments. lol

No Streaming Account
  16. Raynor

Raynor Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,492 / 10 / -12
    I already posted my opinion in here but I can't grasp the fucking stupidity in this thread.
    People who think this is cheating or tampering or just unfair, you should seriously consider just sticking to LG Fun Lobbies.

No Streaming Account
  17. LG McDonald

LG McDonald Director of Hockey Operations

Discord:
    McDonald#2877
    Ratings:
    +12,040 / 113 / -852
    I agree with this 100%. Like I understand owners have to be competitive to make this system work. My issue is mainly with the players.

They take what the owners say as the bible and if one owner makes a promise they can not keep it becomes and issue potentially for 29 other owners.

I am trying to look out the best interest of 30 owners. The issues I have dealt in the past have shown me the players attitudes can make or break being an owner.

LeagueGamingOfficial
  18. Banging Models

Banging Models Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +918 / 5 / -10
    Boston didnt scout because the only spots we needed filling were going to be people coming up from the AHL and cooker/DTA, but I appreciate your effort to drag me through the mud.

Anthrax Dusted: lol its funny that sevv still thinks I didnt trade rape him, even though I totally did hahahaha.

No Streaming Account
  19. FRANK LD 69

FRANK LD 69 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    trouba_train#0
    Ratings:
    +3,138 / 76 / -140
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eFjcZpJ3YPk

In World of CHEL
    gethesehands69
  20. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    This is 100% incorrect, and a very deceptive mentality.

Lets compare it to real life and how it IS tampering.

Teams have scouts all over the place looking at jr players, etc, etc., leagues all over the world. They keep their notes, low profile on who they are watching/wanting so others don't catch on. "Scout A" does not go up to a player and tell S/he to stop playing so "Scout B" wont stumble across them. The facts are that no scout would ask a player to "stop playing" for a month or so until draft time so no other scouts can see them.

There is nothing wrong with an owner telling a player he is very interested in him and have every intention of getting them on the team. This will reassure them that they shouldn't have to kill themselves scouting, but when you "agree" or make a pack then its dishonest.

Sure this is done and always will be at some point between friends and club mates but people but going out of your way is a bit foolish, risky (see here what can become of it) and a dent in an owners integrity/trust-ability.

As for the treasure, I don't think its worth anything until you do report it to a government. If you don't claim it and verify its from from a stolen source or something you can't spend it or cash it in. (proving your "treasure" isn't current day money/cash).