LG Sponsorship

Discussion in 'EA NHL Hockey' started by NugeTV, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    Hello LG and LGHL Community,

In order for us to gain a sponsorship we will need all of the community's support. In order to show your support for the LGHL, potential sponsorships, and a potential COMPETITIVE EASHL tournament, we ask you to thank this post and respond with your own ideas and suggestions.
    Right now we plan to reach out to these companies (Feel Free to suggest your own ideas):
    -EA Sports
    -Virgin Gaming
    -Gamma Labs/Gamma Gamers
    -Scuf Gaming
    -Astro Gaming
    -Kontrolfreek
    -Gamer Saloon

Thanking this post can be seen as signing a petition for these companies to take a serious look at NHL 6v6 hockey as a competitive and lucrative gaming community. Thanking this post will show the support we actually have for NHL 14 6v6 hockey. The past couple of months the community has shown what we can do when we unite behind something we believe in, creating the best and biggest 6v6 league internet hockey has ever seen. Hopefully we can demonstrate to EA that 6v6 can be a valuable promotional tool, as well as a way to create good will within the EASHL community. EA has held these tournaments in NHL09 and in NHL10 and we are trying to bring that back and have a tournament, either through EA or through another company that sees the benefits to gaining a strong foothold within our community. We currently have guys working on a “general application” to send out to companies to show what we can do for them, and what we would like them to do for us. We are going all out with this it would be glad that you guys show your support so that we could actually have a 6v6 hockey league EASHL club style tournament.

Beyond just getting a 6v6 tournament we also hope we can align with companies that can help promote LeagueGaming as a whole. LG and the LGHL are the best thing to happen to the 6s community since the NHL10 EASHL playoffs.

People currently working on this project:
    Project Managers: AnthraxDusted and VaPoRiZ
    Video Production: Brown x23x

F5 Penguin has reached out as well and we hope the whole media team will get on board to help promote this in some fashion. In no way is this supposed to overshadow the LGHL, or even the CanAm tournament, it’s just a way to enhance and grow the competitive side of the EASHL community.

2. D1NGO 13

D1NGO 13 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    D1NGO 13#8518
    Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    How convenient, you get the thanks.

No Streaming Account
  3. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    I honestly wanted to do it offsite to prevent people from thinking this but honestly an offsite petition is so much more effort for you guys. I guarantee we'd lose more people to laziness than we'd lose people to some moral high ground regarding thanks on an internet forum.

4. Vaporize 17

Vaporize 17 Clamps Island

Discord:
    T1 Clamps#5322
    Ratings:
    +830 / 21 / -48
    The masterminds of the operation are working as we speak.

In Diamond Dynasty
    Vaporize_17
  5. TH3 WID0WMAK3R

TH3 WID0WMAK3R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 20 / -14
    if they say no when you first ask will vaporiz just quit?

No Streaming Account
  6. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    No. Now that I've said "no" to that please quit trolling this post. If you genuinely dont want this to happen post why, dont derail the thread by bashing Vaporiz. Thanks.

7. DTA Today

DTA Today am j0 buddin on nu jerzy

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    I know GamerSaloon had (don't think they still do) Clan Matches and I think they had NHL listed as a game for the clan matches so you could do 6v6 on there.. no one ever played any clan matches even in CoD though so I think they took it off.. I remember cheez trying to get Dream Killers to play 6v6 for $$ on there years ago lol. Maybe Virgin Gaming could do it but I don't know if the community is big enough for them to consider it when games like Fifa & Madden generate the most money for those sites. Is the goal to hold a year end playoff in person like the vancouver one, or just to have them setup a lobby for 6v6 cash games/tournaments, similar to how VG has their versus lobby now?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  8. MikeeTeeze

MikeeTeeze Seasoned veteran

Discord:
    mikeeteeze#0
    Ratings:
    +345 / 14 / -20
    First and foremost, best of luck on this endeavor:

Here's an idea for a league I've had for a while, just a way to restore the eashl clubs;

1) Create a 6s league for clubs
    2) Divisions are broken down into 6 clubs each in a ladder format from best to worst, obviously to begin the league everyone would be placed on the ladder at random.
    3) During the course of a week each team within the division plays each other in a round robin and the record sorts the division standing as such. Every Sunday (or whatever), the divisions are recalculated so the lowest team in a division is sent down to the next division while the top team in the division moves up, all the other teams stay status quo for the course of that week. You cannot add/change players to your club for that week they are locked in/out.
    4) In the 4th week, you have a playoff among your division and championships are awarded.

At the end of the day, people just want to play with people they know anyway...

mikeeteeze
  9. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    The main goal is to legitimize 6v6 EASHL again, the main way to do that is to make games mean something. VG setting up a "challenge series" like they did for versus, but with much smaller prizes, would be something that would work. The return of the EASHL playoffs from 09/10 would work. Honestly there are numerous ways to make it happen, and it can be very lucrative for whatever companies want to get involved.

10. DTA Today

DTA Today am j0 buddin on nu jerzy

Ratings:
    +139 / 0 / -2
    Yeah I agree it could be done multiple ways, whether you just use the EASHL season for so many months throughout the year, then the top x number of teams make it to the playoffs which are held in person.. Or you could have multiple tourneys on VG and have a leaderboard/standings page on the site, that'd be dope too.

I actually disagree with the prizes being smaller though, as I think if you have a challenge series or year end playoffs with 6's you could possibly have more players involved than just those for versus. Also, they could probably have both 6v6 and versus tournaments at a challenge series tbh.

No Streaming Account
  11. TH3 WID0WMAK3R

TH3 WID0WMAK3R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 20 / -14

why is another website/company needed? We could start it ourselves. Use this website and charge a fee to sign up a team and then give out prizes or whatever. We would just need to promote it with the people that want it to work from this site.

No Streaming Account
  12. Nuge

Nuge SmithZz

Discord:
    nuge#0
    Ratings:
    +6,623 / 177 / -194
    I figured the prizes would be smaller just due to it being the 1st year of having it in place. I believe the challenge series was 70k (?) in prize money, so to expect that right away is a little bit unreasonable however I think due to the amount of players that could be involved it could be very possible to grow to the same level as the vs. challenge series.

13. Kpy86

Kpy86 Hi

Ratings:
    +539 / 7 / -23
    Have you thought about a LAN vs Servers tournament?

kipper86
  14. BLicK12

BLicK12 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,595 / 9 / -12
    It was $70k to first place. The entire prize pool was most than that though.

BLicK1252
  15. Vaporize 17

Vaporize 17 Clamps Island

Discord:
    T1 Clamps#5322
    Ratings:
    +830 / 21 / -48
    This would be ideal i would love to have a lan event.

In Diamond Dynasty
    Vaporize_17
  16. Known as Dub

Known as Dub Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,641 / 4 / -6
    Personally, I think this is the most important part of your post. No company is really capitalizing on the thousands and thousands of 6s players. I think a big part of that is that they don't really know what the NHL 6s community contains. I think you should drive that forward by telling them how passionate and creative a lot of the players are. 6s players have been waiting for something like this since NHL 10 and they will jump all over it if some kind of prize is waiting for them at the end of the tunnel.

Already established teams will play more often, up and coming teams will play more and get better, and "reserves" on the top teams may not want to be left out, so they will come together to form even more top 6s teams.

Thousands of players will be going for the ultimate prize (whatever that will be) and title of "the best." If it happens you can pick up thousands from LG, more people from the EA forums, and other 6v6 hockey leagues.

If the company doesn't want to do the leg work, it may be possible for them to slap their name on it and give the funding to Tris. That would bring even more members to LG, give the site enough money to fully operate and come up with some prizes, and most importantly bringing 6v6 back to what it was.

PS: If prizes are implemented does it screw people from Quebec/Delaware/or wherever else people couldn't participate from in the past?

No Streaming Account
  17. o KniGhtZ o

o KniGhtZ o Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 0 / -1
    I love the idea but man has the talent level just straight declined from what it was back in the day, if EA wants to be smart and advertise there will be playoffs before the game is released then that is a big step and people will get hyped, people may not flock back to the NHL series but I'm sure we will see some old names pop up and new names emerge (more then we do now as people will only plays 6s.....hopefully). For right now I look at CanAm, back in the day half of the people who will actually make USA and Canada wouldn't have had a shot back in 09 + 10 when the tournament was booming (including myself, I wouldn't have made the 4th USA Team) I'm not saying that people aren't good now but over the years not many new names have emerged to be top players and while those new players emerge there are more top players that go away and move on past NHL. The bottom line is you will need EA to support this for it to go anywhere and you will need them to do it the right way, again I love the effort but there are steps that need to be taken and the first is all on EA.

No Streaming Account
  18. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
    Yes, because of state/territory laws if prizes are awarded these people who were excluded from EA's playoffs would be excluded from these unless someone wanted to go through all the red tape.

19. PhillyJames11

PhillyJames11 PhillyJames10 on da utube

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I would love it if Virgin would get involved to allow people to put money where their mouth is

PhillyJames11
  20. NeNe

NeNe NeNe Speaks Truth

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 0 / -7
    I'd like to see people from back in the day that were good at the game come back. The people that play the game now are just as good it is just different games that make you have to play differently. If NHL 14's game speed was the same as 09 or 10 you would see people doing the same shit. Hopefully with next Gen some of these "great" players return cause the talent is even.

Staying on topic with the thread, I like the idea and hope it works. Thanks to the people putting their time and effort into trying to help the community.

Space_Jam_XVII