Whats next for LG if no 6v6 play?

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Trevelyan, Aug 11, 2014.

1. SweetLou9208

SweetLou9208 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SweetLou#9373
    Ratings:
    +5,393 / 162 / -406
    Agree with evertying you said but i think there should be a monthly playoff system, but the old one sucked bc you only need to win 4 games and its against any playoff team in any division. They need to make it within your division and there should be seperate playoffs one for 5-6s and one for 2-4s.

SweeT9LoU84
  2. Ichibani

Ichibani Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -1
    It's probably not Rammer's fault. Given limited resources, prioritizing things (his job) as they did makes sense. The question is why they won't spend the extra money to have enough programmers to get the job done.

According to http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72079/nhl-14/ the game sold 0.44m copies, for a revenue of $22m (at $50 / copy, which might be high)
    An extra programmer costs around $100k annually. It'd maybe cost $1m to add a team to get the job done. It seems reasonable to expect this choice to drop their revenue that much and/or hinder their growth and reduce their revenue year after year.
    This sounds like another case of EA saying "fuck consumers" and optimizing their bottom line.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. BeRoose

BeRoose Brucey Roosey

Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -4
    Ryudo dropping science. Agree 100%.

No Streaming Account
  4. HEATLEY 51

HEATLEY 51 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    if you buy any version of NHL15 then EA wins

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  5. HEATLEY 51

HEATLEY 51 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    this league needs to be played on NHL14 next year.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  6. Blade mtl

Blade mtl Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -3
    LOL that's the most changes I've seen in the past 5 years

Don't act like you wouldn't have bought nhl 15 on xbox 360

cause you bought the last 5 NHLs without significant changes.

No Streaming Account
  7. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    Lets play FIFA. Soccer is gay but the 11v11 is pretty fucking fun. anyone with fifa 14 on the one can join our club NHL Players UTD.

8. BeRoose

BeRoose Brucey Roosey

Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -4
    How often do you touch the ball as a defender in FIFA club?

No Streaming Account
  9. M4CK EH

M4CK EH PIZZA MACHINE

Discord:
    m4ck_eh#0
    Ratings:
    +658 / 83 / -96
    depends if you're in the middle or on as a wing back. you could try playing defensive mid would be a good transition from a puck moving dman in nhl. you get to shoot from the top of box play possession etc. CB's just stand around at half for the most part but it is still fun to play

10. bud2790

bud2790 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 2 / -4
    Depends on who you play with. If you play with a good team that emulates soccer and holds on the possession, you'll see a decent amount of the ball. If you play with people that just counter attack/rush the ball up every time, you'll only see the ball when you win it off an opponent. Basically it's a little like playing NHL.

No Streaming Account
  11. PvtKillaa

PvtKillaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504 / 0 / -1
    HAHA we did it!
    [video=youtube;soDEEYew6-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soDEEYew6-E[/video]

• Like Like x 2
    PvtKillaa91
  12. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    If NHL 15 on the One had EASHL we wouldn't be flipping out, right?

I don't get it. Where was the outrage when it was announced that NHL 15 would be released on the 360 as well as the One? That was the first big clue that 15 would be a glorified tuner update. Why would gameplay be significantly different on the One than the 360? It's the same fundamental gameplay engine. And it's not like the NHL series was exactly pushing the limits of 360 hardware processing. (NHL only pushed the limits of its programming team's capabilities and funding. All that HUT revenue went straight into development funds for FIFA and other EA games, apparently). Hardware on the One wasn't going to fix Rammer's software/programming/game physics problems.

The anger over lack of EASHL on the One has melded with anger that NHL 15 is not different enough from NHL 14. But there have not been many substantial improvements to the game engine over the years, and we never had the balls to boycott. This was just the final straw. We're disillusioned that club won't be on next gen, but that doesn't mean NHL 15 (One) was ever going to be a significant improvement over NHL 14.

It's great to see many community members calling for a boycott, but I can't help but wonder how long our ideals will survive. Even if a majority votes to stay on NHL 14, don't be surprised when it becomes apparent after release that members increasingly care more about playing club on the latest title than they do about punishing EA. And those who want to wait for EA to patch in something beyond OTP lobbies with real life rosters will look even more foolish. If you want to stay on NHL 14 you better be absolutely sure, b/c we're all going to look stupid if we start S19 on 14 and then find ourselves wanting to re-vote to switch to 15 (360) for S20-21.

My heart is with the boycott so I hate to say this. But our convictions will only weaken with time. In the same way that we idealized NHL 15 (One) as the latest & greatest, we will inevitably idealize NHL 15 (360) as a must-have. Just as we have bought NHL every year, so shall we buy again. Just as we saw moving to the One as some commitment to human progress, our obsession with newness will drive our judgement.

And every time an NHL 14 flip dump bounces in the corner, it will be the toll of a death knell signalling the extinction of our boycott convictions.

• Like Like x 1
    brandovedo
  13. x S m ii R k Y

x S m ii R k Y Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 2 / -6
    "Rammer here!"

"Hey everyone, Rammer here, I just wanted to assure you all that we've taken full advantage of the power of our next gen hockey engine this year by removing our two most relevant game modes and releasing our most boring NHL title since NHL07. In return, we're giving you the exact same gameplay as years' past with skill stick 2.0 included, unrealistic jersey movement, added crowd/fan models that will go unnoticed and have zero bearing on the game, and incredibly detailed arenas that you won't actually notice while playing the game either. I hope you all enjoy, and as always, I want to thank the greatest hockey fans in the world for all of your unwavering support and feedback. We put everything into this upcoming edition of NHL10.6 and did our absolute best to give you nothing that you actually wanted, and we've completely alienated ourselves from the NHL gaming community in the process. I'll see you guys when the puck drops at center ice. "EA Sports It's Not In The Game".

• Like Like x 17
    No Streaming Account
  14. HEATLEY 51

HEATLEY 51 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hilarious

No Streaming Account
  15. GolSki6027

GolSki6027 Nujabes

Ratings:
    +874 / 5 / -25
    [video=youtube;cYPgRV85c5g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPgRV85c5g[/video]

• Like Like x 1
    GolSkiii
  16. TheMainEvent

TheMainEvent Well-Known Member

Discord:
    TME#9375
    Ratings:
    +2,131 / 16 / -16
    Did Rammer really say that? What a DICK.

• Like Like x 2
    MainEvennt
  17. l Rebel 2 l

l Rebel 2 l YEE YEE

Discord:
    Rebel#6397
    Ratings:
    +274 / 11 / -19
    Well said, I can't even begin to speak for anyone else but I absolutely refuse to spend any more money on this title until the wants and desires of the community are even remotely acknowledged. I will not purchase 15 in any capacity and if the league decides to move to this year's game I resolve myself to sitting out three seasons. For me there are only two options, stay on 14 and suck it up for another year (not going to lie it will suck and be difficult) or not play at all for Atleast a full year if not more.

Rebel2Tv
  18. NickyLeaks

NickyLeaks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 24 / -55
    Honestly, you fawken vergens?

I'll let my voice be heard.

While you are all sitting there crying, I'm out driving my bugatti veyron super sport 782 miles per hour down the freeway cruisin for some hot fawken tail. The second I see potential dome I stop the car on a dime, literally 700 mph to 0 mph instantly (Euro cars can fawken do that).

I jump out the car and start curling 250 pounds each side with one finger and the bitch instantly gets soaked fawken panties. Right then and there I'm pullin her head down on the big dick daddy till I explode an amount of semen equal to 3 gallons. After that I hop into the bugatti and rip it down to the gym; cause when I'm not fuckin I'm lifting.

Pussies.

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  19. B0SS of B0SSES

B0SS of B0SSES 99 Daddy

Discord:
    BossofBosses#4174
    Ratings:
    +505 / 11 / -17

lol but NO

B0SSofB0SSESTV
  20. NickyLeaks

NickyLeaks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,004 / 24 / -55
    I'd be green with envy too if I had to speak to NKG the Large.

No Streaming Account