LGGT Week 2 Course Suggestions (Rural & Autumn)

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by Tris10, Aug 22, 2014.

1. EL PR3Z

EL PR3Z Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -1
    I don't think It should be turn enabled, for that reason. It will just take too long. if turn order is disabled, you can still play your ball and have everyone else be live. You would just have to communicate to stay on the same hole and move on at the same time.

EL_PR3Z
  2. Vellerz

Vellerz 2 Time Calder Cup Champ - 1 Time Playoff MVP

Discord:
    Vellerz#3871
    Ratings:
    +409 / 6 / -9
    As the league grows, you`ll see that the logistics of getting 4 guys together is a nightmare.
    In previous leagues I ran, we had guys from England, Autralia, Norway, Finland, Germany. Good luck getting those guys into a foursome.

Instead of the live rounds, maybe you look at having a 'Check In' where you click the button, and it's expected that within the next 2 hours, you score will be submitted. Kinda like signing in at a real golf tournament. The logistics in doing that would be far simpler, albeit still inconvenient; not nearly the headache of having to get 4 guys together from all over the globe!

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  3. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    While I played the other evening most of my tee-times are 6 to 7 am EST because it fits where I can have no distractions and no rush.

Sevv_09
  4. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,737 / 89 / -327
    Can you guys play "The Forum Country Club" and let me know if its too hard?

I just played it, and its probably one of the better courses ive seen, It also had a very good rating.

Its a blend of a good amount of risk/reward holes, Greens are fair and a few holes where you have to pull out your 3W

5. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    i found it last night, weird that I couldn't find it before ( looked a few times). Thanks

No Streaming Account
  6. Mr Tweek 1

Mr Tweek 1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Shot a 69 with 9 birds some bogeys 1 double and missed an ace by maybe 3 inches... I really liked this course..gets my vote

• Like Like x 1
    MrTweek1
  7. EL PR3Z

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -1
    I published what i thought would be my finished version 2 but somehow, hole 13 and 14 ended up on the same green lmao. It was "Maple Woods at The Commons" but I need to fix that tonight. If the creator didn't hold it's breathe for 30 seconds every time I created a damn tree I'd be done already.

EL_PR3Z
  8. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38

Really like it. Enjoyable but frustrating all in one lol

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  9. b3rgy7

b3rgy7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Played the first round at +2. I played a very conservative approach on it and would've finished -1 if I hadn't left three puts right on the edge of the cup.

Couple things I like about it..

1. I played it with 6 MPH winds, and probably used my 3 Iron off the tee just as much as any other club.

2. Even though it doesn't apply to the game, the fact that every hole had 3 tee boxes was really awesome.

3. Amazing attention to detail, after spending probably close to 15 hours in the course creation mode myself, I can't fathom how they got some of that stuff to work, with the same tools that I've been using LOL.

4. As I said, I played a conservative game on it. If that were a 4 round course, there could be some good parity in the scoring. For instance I could go out and play really aggressive and end up at -5. I could come back the next round just as aggressive, not get the same bounces and wind up +5. On the other hand, I could go out and play conservatively both rounds and come back at E, and E. I find it hard to believe someone could actually rattle off consecutive scores in the deep red on it, not matter how aggressive they were.

I'm going to favorite the course for sure, play it a few more times and see what my average score is. That being said I'd love to see a course like that on our tour.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,737 / 89 / -327
    Good feedback,

So im also thinking this course could be our "Major" for Rural/Alpine. It's hard enough where we wont see -30 winning, but fair at the same time. I'll keep my eyes open, but we'll definitely use this course for this season.

• Like Like x 2
  11. EL PR3Z

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -1

Just played this course for the first time, as I can recall lol.

Loved the hills, elevation and difference in feels to each hole. I played with 11mph winds so that was also a challenge.

I went a 74(+2) overall BUT I really came to and rocked the back 9. After double blowing #5 and going +5 for the front 9, I wanted to par or less each hole going forward. Needless to say went -3 on the back 9 with 3 birdies.

I too love that there were tee boxes for each hole, but there were no dummy tee's :( Definitely would have put it over the top :p

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    EL_PR3Z
  12. b3rgy7

b3rgy7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    That's what I find great about the course. If you fall behind on the front 9, you can go really aggressive and really get some strokes back on the next 9. I did the opposite my second time playing the course, I went -4 on the front nine, and then played a very conservative back 9.

I didnt make this one, but I found it looking up replica courses. Someone made a pretty awesome replica course of Sahalee, one of the annual top ranked country clubs. It has hosted a PGA Championship and a US Senior Open, but because of its location in Northwest, Washington (State) it doesn't host many events on the tour.

TPC @ Sahalee -- I found if you just search Sahalee it comes up as the first one.

I also found a Bethpage, but the greens were mostly completely flat so it wasn't very difficult, pretty impressive replication though.

No Streaming Account
  13. Foyballs

Foyballs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Guys check out www.pocketscout.us for courses. It's reviews and rates them. You can also search on course type it's where I go to pick the best courses to play. :)

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Tris10

Tris10 Site Founder

Discord:
    tris1o#0
    Ratings:
    +17,737 / 89 / -327
    The home page takes me about 30-40 seconds to open

15. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    I was able to load it up quickly. I played Murky Hollow CC and thought it was a great tough course. I would like to nominate it. Accuracy is definitely the game on this course. It is also only a par 70. It kicked my ass my first round through (+7) but then played near flawless on my 2nd round to score a -3.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
    No Streaming Account
  16. Foyballs

Foyballs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Briar Hill, Dunwoody Leich and Hitchens valley are my nominations. Apart from harbor island black (not correct theme) they are the best course I've seen so far

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  17. Mr Tweek 1

Mr Tweek 1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    It loaded for me in less than 5 seconds..really kind of a cool site this guy really gets into rating these courses..I think i will prpbably use it alot to find places to play..

MrTweek1
  18. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Bergy, assuming you're fine with it, I'm going to use Agawam as a pre-season course for the PS4 version.

fkncommishlb
  19. b3rgy7

b3rgy7 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Yeah dude definitely go for it!

No Streaming Account
  20. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    I created the LG Canadian Challenge in hopes that it could be used on the tour.

Let me know what you guys think of it.

I would not mind using a re-creation. TPC Sawgrass, TPC Scottsdale and Bethpage come to mind.

If someone recreates it, my vote definitely goes for TPC Sawgrass.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    Sloshy97