League Reaction.

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Hayesx11, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mabus Incarnate

Mabus Incarnate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 7 / -13
    I'm curious to see how the league handles the obviously broken hybrid icing problem in this game.

There have already been a dozen instances when a player CLEARLY has the other skaters beat out to touch the puck up and cancel out icing and it gets called anyway. There is legitimately a serious problem with it and is going to stir up problems i'm sure.

Also wondering about the high frequency of game misconducts and how they will handle it if a player is kicked out of the game, especially if it is early. If the AI goals don't count, it basically turns into a 5 on 4 for the rest of the game if someone gets the boot.

Just a few observations playing 15 over the last week.

No Streaming Account
  2. bud2790

bud2790 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 2 / -4
    I don't think there's much the league can do with the icings. It sucks that EAmessed them up a little but it happens what, once ot twice per game max where the forward makes it to the bottom of the circle first and it doesn't get waved off.

As for major penalties I'm intrigued to see how the league will handle them. I can't remember in past seasons if it actually affected us or if they were taken out before we started.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. NyS

NyS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 2 / -1
    my reaction to this thread : v

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. BeRoose

BeRoose Brucey Roosey

Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -4
    My reaction is...thank God the Moose (MHL) is staying on '14, gives me a place to play without having to compromise my morals and shell out for NHL 15.

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  5. NyS

NyS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 2 / -1
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  6. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    What do you want the league to do about hybrid icing, remove icing from the game? Force the team to give the puck back after they ice it? No. If it's called icing, it's icing, deal with it. As far as misconducts are concerned, in the case of a misconduct CPU goals will count, easy enough. Not going to restart the game because some reject decides to charge a guy from behind in the corner or something stupid like that. I've only seen these "highly frequent" misconducts when someone clearly rapes a guy from behind.

As for the Moose guy, see you in a season when you realize MHL is worse than VHL is at the moment, god damn son.

• Like Like x 1
    iMackie21
  7. CTastik91

CTastik91 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Morgz x 4#4444
    Ratings:
    +518 / 7 / -39
    Not every misconduct is a hit from behind. I've seen a game for elbowing. [-(

The obvious solution would be to let the AI goals count, though. I'm not interested in re-starting games just because of misconducts.

No Streaming Account
  8. EagleEyeFoley

EagleEyeFoley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,484 / 1 / -2
    Not that any of you shitheads actually read the rulebook but:

[​IMG]

Its been like that for 2 seasons. Glad I could be of service.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    EagleEyeFoley1
  9. BROKEUDOWN

BROKEUDOWN Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +518 / 2 / -6
    Game misconducts are inconsistent, they call all hits from behind, and it's just randomized what will be a misconduct. I hope they get rid of it like they did the last time it was in the game.

The new icing does seems broken, seems like the D can be a step behind and still win. Even without that edge it's much easier to skate to that line without giving a shit about how to gain possession of the puck.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  10. cowboysmack

cowboysmack el sueño de crema

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    morals? this is a question of morals? sheeeeeesh you must really care about internet hockey and insignificant amounts of cash. i payed 40 bucks for nhl 15 and gave none of that to EA.... granted I did have to give that money to gamestop where they are just as bad but i digress.... deciding whether or not to pick up a hockey game for 40-60 shouldnt be about morals... if you play the damn game all day (like I) then just buck up and buy it. JUst like every version the changes on paper seem small but when played as a whole its somewhat refreshing. take your moral dilemmas to another gaming website.

No Streaming Account
  11. BeRoose

BeRoose Brucey Roosey

Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -4
    Games are $80 here, but that's not the point - I won't reward a company for not doing their job. If you want to, that's on you. I'm taking the route of playing competitive 6v6 with a fully boosted player without compromising my stance. Anyways, awesome jumbled post, and excellent finish - telling me to do what I explained I was doing. Reading comprehension ftw. Thanks for your input, junior member. The OP asked for my reaction and I gave it.

• Like Like x 6
    No Streaming Account
  12. Gary Garoo

Gary Garoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,906 / 18 / -49
    I respect that you don't want to give any more money to EA, but how competitive is 14 going to be? 4 clubs playing, MHL from my experience has been nothing short of a terrible fucking league.

I really only play hockey myself, so the upgrade in gameplay from 14 to 15 is really enough for me to warrant paying the $60.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. SJUSoccer9

SJUSoccer9 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    SJUSoccer9#5071
    Ratings:
    +1,876 / 10 / -12
    A few days ago I received a game misconduct for hitting someone WITH THE PUCK...

for ROUGHING. Literally, ROUGHING. 5 minutes and a game misconduct for hitting someone too hard, who had the puck.

That needs to not happen. I'm alright with the 5 minute majors, but we're a 6v6 league. Despite EA's best efforts in bringing back game misconducts, let's try to avoid playing 6v5. And since its safe to assume EA wont bother to do anything about game misconducts, I think it at least needs to be discussed before the season starts on how these should be dealt with.

• Like Like x 1
    The City: REC lobby
    No Streaming Account
  14. nO Undies On

nO Undies On Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +692 / 4 / -13
    it says you have played 2 LG games.........

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. Suter x 20

Suter x 20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +835 / 10 / -44
    SJUBully9

• Like Like x 7
    No Streaming Account
  16. Ozzyng2

Ozzyng2 Ignore the man behind the curtain

Ratings:
    +1,321 / 12 / -71
  17. Gary Garoo

Gary Garoo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,906 / 18 / -49
    • Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  18. La Leche XXVIII

La Leche XXVIII 100% Gluten Free

Ratings:
    +638 / 0 / -2
    One issue that I'm very surprised hasn't been addressed yet is jersey tucks. This coming real life NHL season will be the second in which players can not tuck their jerseys into the pant. As a simulation league it is an atrocity that we've let these tucks persist. We need to enforce some sort of penalty for tucking the jersey.

• Like Like x 4
    adamtalkthai
  19. GolSki6027

GolSki6027 Nujabes

Ratings:
    +874 / 5 / -25
    You need to shut yer damn mouth ya hear! Ain't taking away my tucks you sum'ol'bitchorono.

GolSkiii
  20. BeRoose

BeRoose Brucey Roosey

Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -4
    I've never seen you play there, it's a pretty great league. The competition level is def not up to the level here, but the guys are friendly, organized, the teams are 6v6 with players who know what they are doing, and I like the 3 games in a row format. And of course, the lack of douchebags is a huge plus. There's a ton of players here who attempted to play in the the Moose, but were cut based soley on their lack of maturity / too much a troll (which by the way, is a huge reason MHL takes a lot of flak from some members here - its those same douchebags got cut that make noise about how it sucks). I respect that, because I look for that in teammates. I'm not looking to prove myself as a top player, I just want to play good fun 6v6 without paying for NHL 15 and that league provides me the only option. I'd play here too if we are on '14, but alas, we are not. Servers are fine btw....

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.