Future of EASHL

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Hockey League (LGHL)' started by Tonyferelli, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Tonyferelli

Tonyferelli Ferelli Brother

Ratings:
    +504 / 1 / -5
    This for me is going directly in the document. It is something that has frustrated me for awhile.

***Added - Fixing practice Mode ***

• Like Like x 1
    Tonyferelli
  2. Dutch MDK

Dutch MDK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -0
    Looks great, thanks for taking the time to do this.

• Like Like x 1
    dutchmdk
  3. xSloshy

xSloshy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,528 / 25 / -66
    - remove boost and boost slots

- make it like FIFA, use coins to buy different gear (helmets, gloves, skates, pucks, arenas, etc)

- remove grinding games to get attributes (give full attributes at the start / make acquiring attributes more like FIFA (which I guess would still be grinding -_-)

- instead of having separate attribute pools for offence, defence, and athleticism. Make it one large pool that attributes are drawn from. Make it so there is more diversity in builds, rather then one build with max attributes to rule them all.

- bring back multiple dressing rooms

• Like Like x 6
    Sloshy97
  4. ele905

ele905 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    ele7773#0
    Ratings:
    +717 / 14 / -22
    Something for the more casual teams- Put in a real handicap for teams who quit early.

I don't play a whole lot of 3-4's anymore but when I did goalies quitting out was annoying. Turned so many games into rag fests and boring hockey. Maybe something similar to the probation system from COD. If a team quits out they can't play for 20 mins or something..

• Like Like x 1
    In Diamond Dynasty
    ele905
  5. Spooer69

Spooer69 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Spooer69#1668
    Ratings:
    +379 / 3 / -7
    How about we simplify eashl and focus on finding games, no looping, and other connection issues. Make it so the dressing room doesn't get fucked up and finding games is a lot faster. Do I know how to do this? No, but I know the more that we ask ea to do, the more they're going to fuck everything up.

Just make it the same as it is now, so it's easier on the 2 person team that is ea so they don't complain about being short staffed. The most important thing to me is connection. If they can't solve this then fuck me.

P.s Making a computer goalie really really bad (maybe a 20 overall) when the human quits out should also happen.

• Like Like x 1
    spooer69
  6. SiIky Johnson

SiIky Johnson Player Hater of the Year

Ratings:
    +484 / 23 / -52
    here are a few of my ideas...

6v6 should be the only games that are "ranked". 2 leaderboards, EASHL and pond hockey (less than 6), might as well give people an option to remove bots for their games and design an outdoor pond hockey rink.

create a drop in pool option for club teams that don't have 6, but wish to participate in the EASHL rankings. recruiting new players would be easier than ever for small teams who struggle to find players. give the captain of the dressing room a "remove player" option to prevent trolling.

ability to play club at winter classic and other outdoor venues, maybe make it an unlockable achievement based on a club's activity. make it like madden so we can choose weather conditions and so on. i think this would really get fans excited.

gameplay drives the EASHL scene, when the gameplay sucks as it has the last few years, the sales numbers followed. players want more control not less! auto anything is a bad idea. assisted anything is a bad idea. the number one issue i've heard over the years is the magnets and bubbles. the puck always finding a stick after pokes and errant passes takes away half of the fun. any predetermined animation has to go. the right stick on the One needs an option to be reverted back to the 09-15' 360 if desired. i will not continue playing this game if they don't give me an option to revert back.

edit: forgot one thing, integrate LG!

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    Playing In Multiplayer
    silk_stalker
  7. xRICKOSHAY

xRICKOSHAY Well-Known Member

Discord:
    xrickoshay#0
    Ratings:
    +516 / 38 / -26
    Whatever the "incentives" are to limit club hopping, please no more hour cooldowns. I don't pay 60$ to listen to Fall Out Boy making assumptions about what I do with no lights on

• Like Like x 15
    xRICKOSHAY
  8. Redmile89

Redmile89 Knock Knock

Discord:
    redmile89#0
    Ratings:
    +707 / 38 / -43
    If your taking in ideas for goaltending, then let me know.

• Like Like x 1
    Redmile89
  9. Dad of Five 81

Dad of Five 81 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dad of Five 81#1761
    Ratings:
    +269 / 8 / -20
    I would like to see line changes implemented into this eashl game style, you line change you get a fresh copy of your player etc.

dadoffive81
  10. Freddy Couples

Freddy Couples Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +445 / 0 / -0
    I would also like to see them bring back multiple dressing rooms for clubs.

No Streaming Account
  11. Hansum Horty

Hansum Horty Well-Known Member

Discord:
    hansum_horty#0
    Ratings:
    +831 / 54 / -127
    this one is big. Most guys wouldn't leave their club if hey could just play in another dressing room if their team is full on that certain day or time.

The idea of only having 6v6 being ranked probably won't fly just cuz a lot of players don't know 5 other people lol

bring in more player types and separate LD and RD builds was a good idea whoever suggested it.

Top clubs, say top 50 or 100, should be able to challenge each other in 6's and it count for their club record and standings. Matchmaking gets more difficult all the time.

No cooldown periods by maybe a max on how many club changes per day

i like that idea if a goaler quits in club the rating of the goalie goes way down.

No Streaming Account
  12. LA Kingss

LA Kingss www.twitch.tv/la_kingss

Ratings:
    +222 / 2 / -0
    Thanks for taking the time to do all of this Tony.

In my opinion, the demise of EASHL was the elimination of year end playoffs. It gave us nothing to play for.

Eliminate the current monthly playoff system. To replace the current playoff format, EA will have a playoff bracket of the top 16 teams. 1 v 16, 2 v 15 etc etc play in a best of 5 series in the allotted time frame EA provides. This can go for 8-10 months, and the 8-10 winners play in a year end playoff. The winning members of the year end playoff can receive a prize (free copy of next years game).

My idea is for 6v6, but if EA decides to have separate brackets for 2v2, 3v3 etc., I see no issue with this as it will incorporate and encourage more of the NHL community to play the game.

The allotted time, prizes, number of teams, number of players, and months can be open for debate. Just throwing out some initial ideas.

If you are interested in talking in more detail about this, feel free to PM me. Good luck to both you and Nuge.

• Like Like x 8
    No Streaming Account
  13. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight aka Sebby

Discord:
    sebby13#0
    Ratings:
    +1,513 / 29 / -74
    Even though it's not something big & important... but it would be cool if we can upload our EA Game Face to use for our pro's.

• Like Like x 5
    Sebby6138
  14. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    This makes me look like even more of a nub, but go back to no attribute caps, or at least have max faceoffs for all Forward builds. Tired of not being able to win a draw with a playmaker. But I like the idea of the multiple dressing rooms, tired of club hopping. Have gear unlocked if your club does well, incentives like that. Not sure if other people touched on it.

• Like Like x 1
    LG_Voracek
  15. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    Not everyone has 6 people to play with..

mattyhandz
  16. BigSaveNabokov

BigSaveNabokov Chat Mute/Forum Mute - No Buy-Out

Ratings:
    +1,886 / 210 / -344
    Goalie quitting shouldn't even be a question, right [MENTION=6623]Garis93[/MENTION] ?

mattyhandz
  17. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    Thank you for having the balls to tag me...

A main problem in this game, is the amount of people playing it, sure Tony/Nuge will mention that. So, I was in OTP looking to play some club. Only recognized one or two names in that party. Some Randy-Roo's asked me to play. I agreed. Crass asked me to play you guys outnumbered. Lost in Double OT, Stick asked to play again, agreed. Our goalie wasn't even in the party, runs out at your guys, we politely tell him to stop, rages because he can't. Not to mention we already had a 3-1 lead. I suggested we back out since our G raged, simple 6's etiquette. They said no due to the fact that it was unranked, I should have backed out. My mistake, yet you finished it out. I didn't play serious because mostly everyone left. I came into your party only to have your teammate rage at me. We talked it out and your teammates said it was fine. I eventually played with them. The moral of the story is that I can't control my teammates that I just started playing with, sorry for the incident in an unranked 6's game. Stop trying to act almighty in the forums.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    LG_Voracek
  18. Dad of Five 81

Dad of Five 81 Well-Known Member

Discord:
    Dad of Five 81#1761
    Ratings:
    +269 / 8 / -20
    Be nice if all the aspects of the game worked, ie Poke Checking, Goalie making proper animations for saves and not getting frozen, Checking ( Not having a bubble formed around a person), Having it so slowing down and holding ur stick on a curl drag is the best thing to do or holding it out the back hand is the best thing to do to keep puck control.

dadoffive81
  19. Cooker1091

Cooker1091 Wheel. Sauce. Snipe.

Ratings:
    +500 / 6 / -6
    so? then your reward isn't as big...make friends

• Like Like x 2
    No Streaming Account
  20. LeafsSteen

LeafsSteen -Mike

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    There are alot of good ideas in here but alot of selfish ones too. Most of us obviously find different enjoyments out of this game. To the hardcore crowd yea playing with 6's is the obvious choice and the most engaging, but to make sixes the only ranked mode doesn't improve EASHL for everybody, only for the elite and only for most people on this website.

We can't make suggestions that are going to alienate the majority of players. Albeit this is a large community and a very sim style of community, the ideas still need to cater to the majority, otherwise EA isn't going to implement them, or they will listen blindly and a small bunch of people will enjoy EASHL and more people won't, next thing you know after one season we're back at square 1. This has gotta be an effort to make EASHL better for all players and groups of teams not just some. While still balancing and rewarding teams who play with more players, while not demolishing everybody else.

Albeit, I havent made any suggestions myself yet, im just offering my opinion for the direction these talks should be going.

• Like Like x 8
    No Streaming Account