Season 3 Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming Golf Tour' started by eMLBCommish, May 4, 2015.

1. LeBlondl77l

LeBlondl77l aka: LB

Discord:
    FKNCommishLB (aka LB)#2764
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    Gentlemen,

The time has come to discuss the next season. Unfortunately, I don't feel we have enough players to expand to a multiple tier system yet.

I understand some of you may feel it unfair to be matched against a [MENTION=12568]blueorfe[/MENTION] who wins almost every week. However, it is necessary to expand by having a consistent base of players hat will stick around.

Therefore, I would like to open this thread up to suggestions to consider for Season 3.

Things I specifically have interest in hearing:

- Was Season 2 at 16 Weeks too long? Too short? Just right?
    - Was 2 Courses and 6 Total Rounds a good number? Not enough? Too much?
    - LG as a universe has the tools in place to do Steam Authentication. Do we consider opening the floor to the PC Players? If not, I want a good reason why, as this can greatly expand our numbers.
    - Should LGGT consider removing any of the aids that help? (I feel Green Grids MUST stay, no matter the opinion or thoughts)
    - What type of Admin and Roles should LGGT have?
    - Do we change rules? We currently allow chipping on the green, but I find this making it easier for many who do it....A good case has to be made NOT to prevent chipping on the greens (within reason...obstruction in the way, etc).

Of this I am certain: We have no functional AND practical way to run a Handicap based league, nor am I interested in doing one. There would be too much work to establish a Course Handicap system here at LG, and other larger tours (TGCT, as the best example) have also chosen to avoid this matter. Using TGCT again: The only difference is size of player field. We average 50-90 players a week, they have over 1,000 players across their entire program playing in a given week, and that should continue to grow with the release of the game in retail now.

I hope to have a lot of useful thought here.

Thanks for your continued commitment to LGGT as we try to grow our little corner of the internet world to be something you enjoy week in, week out.

LB

fkncommishlb
  2. nevadaballin

nevadaballin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I like 2 events/6 rounds.

Stop allowing chips from the green. Chipping on the green is incredibly lame (except for obstructions, of course) and reeks of arcade golf, no further explanation should be needed on this :)

Aids - I'd like to see this go one step at a time per season to see how it goes, starting with no zoom camera for drives, approach shots. See the target from where you stand, except for putting.

I would not like to see PC players included in the console pool. The main reason is that they have access to a plethora of input devices and 3rd party programs that could run in the background for advantageous augmentation that goes beyond straight shooting with a hori. A macro-enabled mouse could really give someone an edge as it could be set to have a swing hit a certain % everytime. It would be literally impossible to police this. Don't get mad PC players, I'm not saying all of you are doing that, I'm just pointing out what could be done by some.

Thank you for not considering HC rounds. I'm here to play scratch golf.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. TheTwizzler1974

TheTwizzler1974 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Continue as is period... Rules are fine the way they are. I havent seen anyone playing chip shots on the green. I personally have flopped a few on insane long distant putts but have yet to make one.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  4. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    I have seen a fair share of chipping, and it's considerably easier than a long distance putt. I'd really need to be convinced that chipping on the green should be allowed beyond an obstruction in the approach to the green.

fkncommishlb
  5. nvyscporet

nvyscporet Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i agree with Twizzler continue as is....love it so far even though it is difficult to compete with the top players from week to week

No Streaming Account
  6. burton31cat

burton31cat Tim R

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    What we need is a playoff system the last 2-4 weeks. Just adds some spice and excitement as Bradley runs away with it every year:p

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  7. LeBlondl77l

Discord:
    Ratings:
    +684 / 17 / -19
    I'd have to defer to [MENTION=4]Tris10[/MENTION] to see if the playoff system used for hockey could be translated for individuals, to have some sort of playoff system. Or if he could tweak one to offer one.

fkncommishlb
  8. burton31cat

burton31cat Tim R

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Something like a 3 week playoff with the Top 20 players in points. after 1st week of playoff cut down to 10 players and then 5 players for final last week. I think would add more people into the mix and add some excitement for sure.

No Streaming Account
  9. nevadaballin

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Or use the bracket system like I do with the monthly stableford/match play tourneys. Start with the top 32.

No Streaming Account
  10. I SSJ Bardock I

I SSJ Bardock I Party Planner

Ratings:
    +547 / 0 / -0
    A match play bracket style playoff would be amazing

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  11. mashle93

mashle93 Canadas Finest Export. Platinum

Discord:
    Mashle9393#3115
    Ratings:
    +304 / 7 / -10
    I agree with bardy, bracket playoff would be really fun.

also, maybe a ryder cup/presidents cup kind of thing near the end of the year, we could do some sort of match play format/ other types of team games (obviously we cant do the traditional games due to game limitations) but its just a thought that we could expand on.

mashle93
  12. nevadaballin

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    A match play bracket would be impossible since PS4 people cannot play XB1 people in head to head. It would have to be a stroke H2H if looking for bracket play. Setup as a tournament and then take the scores versus opponent.

No Streaming Account
  13. burton31cat

burton31cat Tim R

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    I honestly prefer the elimination mode with 5 people shooting it out the last week for the title

No Streaming Account
  14. AWillTheTP

AWillTheTP Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    - Was Season 2 at 16 Weeks too long? Too short? Just right?

I thought the length was just right.

- Was 2 Courses and 6 Total Rounds a good number? Not enough? Too much?

Again, just right. I like having a four round event and then a secondary two rounder.

- LG as a universe has the tools in place to do Steam Authentication. Do we consider opening the floor to the PC Players? If not, I want a good reason why, as this can greatly expand our numbers.

No problem with steam users as long as there's not any kind of manipulation. I've heard about PC players doing some funky things.

- Should LGGT consider removing any of the aids that help? (I feel Green Grids MUST stay, no matter the opinion or thoughts)

I'm content with how it is. Not actually sure what all aids are currently in use as the way we play in the tournaments is the same as how I play on my own.

- What type of Admin and Roles should LGGT have?

- Do we change rules? We currently allow chipping on the green, but I find this making it easier for many who do it....A good case has to be made NOT to prevent chipping on the greens (within reason...obstruction in the way, etc).

I didn't even know there was chipping on the green so I'd say do away with it.

No Streaming Account
  15. MLT24

MLT24 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    6 rounds is great.
    No chipping or straight line hitting.
    As for mking gameplay harder. Implement new tougher driving when patch comes out. Leave rest alone. But its going to make straight hitters want to take advantage even more. So plez stay on the overwatch of that especially if we bring in pc users with all the different swing mechanics. But yeah the more the better. Wud hate to see this league stop.

No Streaming Account
  16. burton31cat

burton31cat Tim R

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0
    Again my idea is take the Top 20 into the playoff for a 3 round event. Top 10 scores after the 1st round go to Round 2. The Top 10 then fight for in the 2nd Tourney and only the Top 5 advance to the Final for the Championship shootout. You could really do all this in one week as just have 3 separate courses set up to play for the playoff participants and move people on based on their scores.

It would add some spice to LGGT which is really needed. There was a runaway winner this year probably halfway into the season. If you put 20 people in a playoff similar to the PGA would put life into all those who would than have a chance to win it all. Wouldn't that be something? Especially with a couple weeks to go before the playoff with people trying to get into the Top 20 if we go that route with people 21st-25th fighting to get in. Now that exciting! Right now with the format we have all we do is play our rounds. What sport doesn't have a playoff? Lets make this happen for season 3!

Last edited: May 15, 2015
    No Streaming Account
  17. ramjr0116

ramjr0116 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I like the league the way it is. I do not believe you should be able to chip on greens. I like the 6 rounds. I play with aids on but if you want to eliminate them it won't chase me away.

No Streaming Account