Really..... Like this....

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by xxIArmy0f0neIxx, Sep 3, 2015.

?

AHL community Poll on The Clader

1. Play Game 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Enjoy your asterisk Cup Norfolk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxIArmy0f0neIxx

xxIArmy0f0neIxx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1
    Ok I don't usually do this but seeing how this turned out, I feel it is necessary. I really dont care what anyone is going to respond with because what Im about to say is 100% true. So deal with it.

First off, there will be no congratulations to a team winning a cup this way. It was not earned at all and that is pathetic. I already know so many people are going to say rules are rules. NO SHIT. I completely understand that. I know we all have to play by the rules that are enforced in this league. So dont waste time with stupid comments like this. I dont need people posting the exact rule in here and all that crap thinking that it actually means anything. We didn't do it, it was the NHL team. We were told going into tonight that he asked if it is ok to do and he was told it was ok to do it. Those are the exact words. That's all I was told about this going into last nights games.

Second, being a team to win like this.... You must really be scared of losing. I mean, seriously, this series was meant to go to a game 7 to determine a winner. We had it there and now its ruined. The fact you guys try to literally find any way possible to get out of any loss.... Its embarassing. Both leagues could of had to crazy finishes in game 7 cup finals and now we can't have that. Im a quiet person while playing and I rarely say anything in the forums, but it comes to this to lose and its just not the way it should go. I see some of you posted in the other forum saying Norfolk was the best team all season. That's a lie. If you think you are the best then you wouldn't of went out of your way to be given the cup like this. You should be proving that your the best on the ice. Its honestly sad. Knowing 3 people on your team that I played for in previous seasons... I lost all the respect i had for transitions.

Closing, the best team clearly did not.. I repeat, DID NOT WIN THE CUP. Game 7 was going to be won by us. Norfolk doesn't have an answer for our game 7 line. I dont make bold statements like this but its the truth. Seeing Norfolk be so scared to lose a virtual hockey league cup on the ice.... There's no words to describe how terrible that is. Dont come into this thread saying learn the rules or take the loss like a man. I dont fuckin care what anyone has to say about this. The cup was for sure coming to Rochester. This ruined the whole season. Literally wasted so much time playing this for it to end this way. Man the fuck up and play a game 7 to prove who is best team in the AHL. The league deserves to see it earned and played out.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 11
    No Streaming Account
  2. Riemersmaa

Riemersmaa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +977 / 45 / -27
    Didn't Brodie state in the thread directly below this that Game 7 was going to be played? Or did they overturn that decision?

Riemersma11
  3. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    If anyone's curious what happened:

AHL Game 6 was well underway when I called up our AHL G as an IR replacement for our NHL G. Norfolk is attempting to overturn the game result (Rochester won the game) based on an ineligible player violation. Never dreamed that Norfolk would try to enforce such a technicality. Never dreamed the league would rule in favor of their "complaint."

The player transaction I made in no way effected the game, nor eligibility for the game. Who cares if the player is called up after his AHL game begins, or once it is finally officially over? If this is how Norfolk chooses to try to win a cup, then well, great job guys! Don't be surprised when the community holds it against you. And don't be surprised when your "cup win" doesn't feel anywhere nearl as good as you thought it would.

Play Game 7.

• Like Like x 4
    brandovedo
  4. xxIArmy0f0neIxx

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1
    I was told by pm that is final and it will not be played.

No Streaming Account
  5. bjackedson

bjackedson The Great BJ

Ratings:
    +241 / 22 / -18
    When were you told this? I am very confused as to anything that is happening .. I just read Tris's post saying that Game 6 is 0-0 at that point and there will be a game 7 to be played anyway

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  6. brandovedo

brandovedo Limited Reps Vet

Ratings:
    +872 / 33 / -43
    Unless Norfolk realizes that they'll regret trying win this way, and plays Game 7 for the sake of all that's good.

It was Brodie (not a BOG) who I consulted with hours before making the transaction. He said it would be fine, but the ruling is that it's still my mistake b/c I called the player up to NHL while his game was technically still underway, not after. Never thought this outcome would be a possibility.

Play Game 7.

• Like Like x 1
    brandovedo
  7. Artyficiel

Artyficiel - Benoit

Ratings:
    +45 / 1 / -3

x_Artorias_o
  8. Borcobaby

Borcobaby BeastMode BaBoon

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    Its unfourtante how it worked out. But regradless of the decision its something we gotta live with i guess. The Ahl was robbed of a crazy game 7 between the 2 top teams in the league.

To my teammates,
    Dont let this weigh to heavy, we had a sick season. We know we woulda won it. Which is why im not surprised they searched for the loop hole. But then again cant be mad at them either but I too am surprised the decision flip flopped a few times, but it is what it is. When these things come up , higher ups sometimes have their hands tied. Ive been in similar situations before so i somewhat can understand the headaches they got from making this decision. End of the day dont get worked up , dont allow it to ruin your future here. We just pick our shit up and get ready for S22 , hopefully we can find ourselves together again to put on another run.

• Like Like x 3
    BorcoDaBeast
  9. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    PRAISE BE TO NORFOLK! Can't wait to take over this dynasty next season. Anyone from the current team (especially if you were in the decision making process of this ELITE move) is welcome back!

Congrats on the back to back ships,

-Proud GM to be.

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  10. Garis93

Garis93 and they don't stop coming

Discord:
    Garis93#0625
    Ratings:
    +2,206 / 134 / -118
    Texas should have won the cup.

[video=youtube;86MO-JWTNjo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86MO-JWTNjo[/video]

• Like Like x 2
    LG_Voracek
  11. bjackedson

bjackedson The Great BJ

Ratings:
    +241 / 22 / -18
    Bring back [MENTION=6553]Safety Sieve[/MENTION] and you have me locked up coach

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  12. PahkTheCah1387

PahkTheCah1387 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 8 / -10
    This is slimy.

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  13. I Am Wonger

I Am Wonger 2 Time Champion

Discord:
    wonger8214#0
    Ratings:
    +1,428 / 36 / -57
    Listen , I will speak for iTransitions and myself. We started the season believing in our ability to put together a solid roster filled with guys who are talented , showed up ( sometimes ) and played by the rules. Is it a shame that a result like this happened ? Of course it is, you are lying to yourself if you don't. My one nugget here is whatever decision was made we can all agree that there in fact was a rule violation.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  14. Skizzostone

Skizzostone Well-Known Member

Discord:
    skizzostone#0
    Ratings:
    +713 / 82 / -51
    Wonger you're a tool. Second off if im not mistaken every series you guys had this playoffs you won a game by ff including one where you guys enforced a time regulation rule. Man talk about slimey.

As army said if you guys win the cup from such a stupid loophole then maybe the league should take a good long look at themselves and realize they just wasted 3 months of everyone's time. And if you guys are satisfied winning it in that fashion then I question all of your morals.

P.s [MENTION=6623]Garis93[/MENTION] Texas < Utica < Rochester

• Like Like x 9
    No Streaming Account
  15. PEN27ROSE

PEN27ROSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Anyone got any fireworks? cause shits about to blow uppppp!

• Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  16. Tasoomi

Tasoomi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +220 / 1 / -2
    Nah the Syracuse series had no problems. You question our morals. We haven't broken a rule all season and everyone wants to come in here and bitch at us for doing exactly what they would have done

• Like Like x 13
    No Streaming Account
  17. PEN27ROSE

PEN27ROSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    in the words of TAYLOR SWIFT *clears throat* "And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate"

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  18. Bee l22l

Bee l22l Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 7 / -9
    See im not the only one who got screwed over by norfolk. Congrats Rochester u guys deserve to play game seven. But again the " cool kids " win.

• Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account
  19. xxIArmy0f0neIxx

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -1
    Tats... we wouldn't ever of taken a cup like this. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. The series deserved a game 7.

• Like Like x 5
    No Streaming Account
  20. bjackedson

bjackedson The Great BJ

Ratings:
    +241 / 22 / -18
    It would have been an intense game Army. Playing your line would have been a battle in game 7

No Streaming Account
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.