An AHL Management Tale

Discussion in 'Leaguegaming American Hockey League (LGAHL)' started by GimmixPwns, Nov 30, 2015.

1. GimmixPwns

GimmixPwns Well-Known Member

Discord:
    GimmixPwns#7684
    Ratings:
    +128 / 9 / -10
    Today I want to bring up a ruling that was placed on the San Diego Gulls and see the league's viewpoint on the issue.

Issue: The Gulls had a 17 man roster two weeks ago. An NHL player was sent down because his xbox broke, this player quickly went on IR as he could not play. This meant that technically the Gulls had an 18 man roster for two weeks until the player came off IR (bought a new xbox). For these two weeks, an Amateur player should have been sent down and immediately recalled as the designated replacement for the IR player, this was not done.

Technically the Gulls had 18 players for 2 weeks. The IR player did not play. The Gulls could have had one player's cap not count if they had used him as a replacement. There were no advantages to the situation.

Background: The Gulls have had 3 GMs quit. For a one week period, players were asking for trades, going on IR, and wondering if the team was still playing. At this point, myself and @Nickoloi stepped in and offered to GM. We both care about playing some hockey games, and doing so honourably. We knew the team would be in the dumps forfeiting games if we did not step up. We have since traded players who still requested a trade, and have been successful as a team with no forfeits since we took over as GM and AGM. Please note, neither of us have GM experience, and it is our first season returning to LG after a long break.

Outcome: The Gulls management was handed a 1 game suspension for each player two days ago. We did not agree to the ruling, but have scheduled ourselves as such. This morning, it was made apparent that any game we WON for the last 2 weeks would be replayed. We are forced to keep our losses, and fight for the wins that we earned during the time that our IR player counted as an 18th man. This amounts to 9 rescheduled games.

Argument: We are new GMs who stepped in, in the face of adversity, and have spent too many hours on this website scheduling players, dealing with players issues and needs, and generally trying to make the team feel like a team. I will agree that we did so delicately break the roster rule, but under a circumstance which I believe was absolutely irrelevant. Furthermore, the punishment of our team does not fit the error. The issue had a total effect of zero, and should be treated as such. There is no lineup of capable AHL GMs waiting to get their chance to shine. It is mostly a chore taken on by good people who have some extra time. I do not believe that it is in anyone's best interest to punish developing management with something as thorough as this. Keep in mind, I now have to reschedule 9 games, with the exact same lines (impossible due to trades), and somehow find time to do this while also trying to schedule 9 games per week of the regular season. Our management as a whole feels as though we have been hung out to dry, and our time absolutely devalued (believe me, it is a lot of time to be a GM or AGM).

Request: I will be sending out individual messages to the management of the 9 games we are to reschedule requesting that they take the game result that was had in earnest. In the end, what happened on the ice was in no part affected by the issue, and should be treated as such whether one board member believes as such or not.

I also ask, how does the community feel about issues like this. If this happened to another team I would gladly have it overlooked. I want my LG to foster development in management and also be a reasonable place to play. I do not want to push away new management who actually take time out of their life to be the touchpoint of the product that LG is.

Big thanks to @im just a squid and @xNinjaBladez for their help so far

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    gimmix8
  2. NXT

NXT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 4 / -5
    Welcome to the club.

• Like Like x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  3. kennydubz

kennydubz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 5 / -10
    @Tris10
    @MCDONALD l19l
    if.you let crap like this go on you won't have to delete the site.as ppl will just leave

• Like Like x 2
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Troll Troll x 1
    KennyDubz
  4. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Kinda of a harsh ruling as you can't waive a guy that's on IR and inactive, but also don't want to waive one guy then call him up as an IR.

It's a simple lapse of not making a simple move to send a guy down than call him up again. Reversing all the Ws of the team because someone put themselves on IR seems very silly and harsh just like the colonel shit, especially for a team that's blazing through GMs. League is just a TAD bit trigger happy this season, leave it as a one game suspension for the management.

File an appeal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    iMackie21
  5. Dan0245

Dan0245 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 13 / -16
    sounds like they are doing everything in their power to make 4 gms quit. I don't know everything in the story but it sounds like this was done before you took over and something that should of had implications 2 weeks ago rather than now.

No Streaming Account
  6. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    Another situation where I'm so happy I decided to quit early instead of playing until I would have had to later in the season. Long story short, this should have never effected you in the first place. If the player was getting a new xbox he should have take IR on the NHL level and they could have called up a player for 2 weeks. Since it seems they went and got a different NHL level player (as you had an 18 man roster), you should have been able to waive him. Shitty situation all around but trust me most teams I will suspect will make you replay the games.

Sevv_09
  7. GimmixPwns

Discord:
    GimmixPwns#7684
    Ratings:
    +128 / 9 / -10
    It was actually my doing. I was a bit unaware of what I should have done at the time. It's been just over two weeks since I took over and I'm just realizing all of the things I don't know now lol.

gimmix8
  8. GimmixPwns

Discord:
    GimmixPwns#7684
    Ratings:
    +128 / 9 / -10
    @Deceasedgoblin has agreed to let the game stand as he did not think the issue affected the game on the ice. The man is pure class and I knew it back before he traded me earlier this season!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    gimmix8
  9. GimmixPwns

Discord:
    GimmixPwns#7684
    Ratings:
    +128 / 9 / -10
    @Gucci Goals has also agreed to let the game stand - there are good men among us

• Like Like x 1
    gimmix8
  10. im just a squid

im just a squid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +685 / 25 / -27
    Getting fucked like we in Oakland out here

• Like Like x 3
    No Streaming Account
  11. macros73

macros73 Just This Guy

Ratings:
    +2,894 / 218 / -293
    Thanks for stepping up and making an effort.

No Streaming Account
  12. Noobinator156

Noobinator156 S17 Stanley Cup Champion

Ratings:
    +3,141 / 42 / -38
    TL;DR League's a joke

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    No Streaming Account
  13. xAlli09

xAlli09 Let's Go

Ratings:
    +2,133 / 9 / -30
    Glad to hear this for sure.

Sevv_09
  14. Daggermouth6911

Daggermouth6911 S39 Atlanta Glads Krauwm fanboy

Discord:
    Daggermouth6911#9276
    Ratings:
    +118 / 16 / -7
    if you played Rockford goodluck. Darthforsberg is a coward that will do whatever he can to get wins. Since he barely gets the wins when the games are played, he has to take all the wins he can get. Was forced to forfeit a game earlier because our player was having connection problems and had to do a hard reset on his xbox. Instead of playing the game like a grown ass man, he cowered out and ran for that forfeit as fast as he could. Usually gms are understandable but if Rockford was one of the games in question for you, expect to replay the game. The guy is a plug.

• Like Like x 5
    • Get Good Get Good x 2
    No Streaming Account
  15. Zero Choice

Zero Choice Old washed up goalie

Discord:
    zerochoice#0
    Ratings:
    +383 / 31 / -23
    Yeah it is a harsh ruling but the rules are the rules guys. It's good to see nobody being shitty and re-doing the games tho.

• Like Like x 1
    Zero_Choice
  16. bicUwUious

bicUwUious Well-Known Member

Discord:
    gucci6305#0
    Ratings:
    +489 / 25 / -17
    lets just go ahead and publicly shame any team who takes the redo

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    No Streaming Account
  17. Mxckie

Mxckie Banana League Hero

Ratings:
    +3,834 / 315 / -317
    Darth isn't even a part of Rockford anymore you moron..

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    iMackie21
  18. Nickoloi

Nickoloi AHL No Name

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -3
    thanks for the support guys, trying our best here being first time gm/agm and taking over mid season whole situation just stinks considering its only over a symbol beside someones name (an up arrow)

No Streaming Account
  19. DarthForsberg

DarthForsberg Waiver Wire Warrior

Ratings:
    +288 / 15 / -7
    Sounds like #Daggermouth6911 from the Phantoms is in desperate need of BUTTHURT CREAM.

Team can't follow the rules, tries to Lie and Cheat to keep their precious Streak alive and gets a ruling that UPHOLDS to rules and Evidence... Yet still cries like a lil kid that needs its Diaper changed..

You sir, and your moron managers are what is entirely wrong with this league. News flash you aint the fucking Clinton's , the rules do apply to you.

• Get Good Get Good x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    No Streaming Account
  20. DarthForsberg

DarthForsberg Waiver Wire Warrior

Ratings:
    +288 / 15 / -7
    As for the OP, sucks that you were in that situation , take the ruling like a champ, do what you can and all will work out. Rules are Rules, sometimes it bites but at least your on the up and up... Not trying skirt the ruling by providing false evidence...

• Get Good Get Good x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    No Streaming Account